PDA

View Full Version : Your Sign?

Kylie
Mar 3, 2008, 02:39 PM
Astrology has always been a topic that's interested me. I know it's not always accurate (hell, I have my doubts of its authenticity), but it's still neat to read up on it and see if anything fits. Are any of you interested in it? And what similarities or differences do you share with your sign?

elainesangel9
Mar 3, 2008, 02:42 PM
I am a leo, and I reflect it lol, it bugs me too, cause im self centered in a way even though i try not to be,

I believe in signs cause they have never been wrong for me.

Anduril
Mar 3, 2008, 02:47 PM
I'm a scorpio, and I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. I have never really believed in the signs since every time they have either been extremely vauge or just plain wrong.

Sinue_v2
Mar 3, 2008, 02:54 PM
Cancer.

*lights a cig*

Wyndham
Mar 3, 2008, 02:55 PM
Leo.

MetaZedlen
Mar 3, 2008, 02:59 PM
Sagittarius, and being that I take the time to read the horoscopes on MySpace, they do seem very accurate to my personality...

AlexCraig
Mar 3, 2008, 03:04 PM
European: Capricorn

Chinese: Earth Dragon

(Not part chinese, but I like my zodiac from it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2008-03-03 12:04 ]</font>

Freeze
Mar 3, 2008, 03:09 PM
Aries and snake.

Fun to read but I never take them seriously.

Weeaboolits
Mar 3, 2008, 03:11 PM
Aquarius and dragon if memory serves, I wonder if I drop Yamato on V. Hard. ;o

Kylie
Mar 3, 2008, 03:14 PM
Well, I'm a Libra, and I'm actually proud of it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Here are my thoughts on the main qualities of a Libra:

Diplomatic and urbane

Ever since I was really young, I've hated conflict and confrontation. I do all I can to prevent it, and I only take social risks when they're necessary. Many of my friends and family come to me with their problems because I always have a solution that's best for everyone.

Romantic and charming

Well... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I am a romantic. Just like people come to me for friendly advice, I also get a lot of romantic questions from people in my life, and I know a lot about whatever, even if I've never been in the situation myself. I've a lot of empathy and understanding for people. In retrospect I'm very charming by just being myself, and I know what it takes to make / keep people happy.

Easygoing and sociable

I can't stand it when people act like they offended me because, in most cases, they weren't even close. I'm very understanding and don't judge people, and that keeps me very down to earth and loose. As for me being sociable, somewhat. I'm very friendly, but it's more so because I make myself talk when someone talks to me. When I'm comfortable with someone, I've very open and myself, which is very talkative.

Idealistic and peaceable

Self-explained. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Now for the negatives:

Indecisive and changeable

OK, this is very true. XD I always go off about how particular I am, but the reason I am is because I avoid making decisions and play it safe. I fear making mistakes, so it takes a lot of thought before I'm ready to do something. In relation I can change my mind a lot; though most things get written in stone after a while.

Gullible and easily infuenced

I don't know how true this is. I mean, individuality has become pretty important to me recently, and I've found I'm very stubborn about having my way. This includes being as different or as similar to someone to get what I want, even if people don't like it. Kind of contradictory to my hate for conflict, but oh well. I do see myself buying something because a celeb I liked endorsed it, and I guess I'm pretty gullible now that I think about it. >_>

Flirtatious and self-indulgent

Yes and HELL YES. I'm a flirty person. In fact, many guys have felt I was leading them on, and I never intended to. I don't get along with many girls because of it. I've gotten myself in trouble because of it. I can control it mostly, but it is one of my faults... Self-indulgent. Oh my. By far, it's prolly my largest fault. If I find a song I like, I put it on repeat; 'nuff said.

Tact
Mar 3, 2008, 03:17 PM
Okay, I'm a Libra. According to Wikipedia, I'm supposed to be cooperative, diplomatic, graceful, and romantic. Also, it says faults that Libras are supposed to have. Based on that, I'm supposed to be unable to say "no," I am quarrelsome, and I'm flirtatious. Strange that Libra is supposed to be both diplomatic and quarrelsome.

Anyway, the only parts of that description that match me are the cooperative, diplomatic, and graceful ones. All of the rest of it doesn't apply to me in the slightest.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 3, 2008, 03:17 PM
Leo. I really try not to be self-centered, too. >_>

elainesangel9
Mar 3, 2008, 03:21 PM
On 2008-03-03 12:17, Sol_B4dguy wrote:
Leo. I really try not to be self-centered, too. >_>

its hard though, even though I dont talk much im always the center of attention! its not so great lol

but you know everyone has like a lunar sign or something. its supposed to reflect your inner self, who you truly are. im a scorpious on the inside

Anduril
Mar 3, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hmmm. Looks like I'm a Dragon by the Chinese Zodiac.
And according to Astrology online these are the traits of a Sorpio:

Determined and forceful (Nope, I'm a very passive person, I'm somewhat manipulative, but in a very subtle way)
Emotional and intuitive (I'm not very emotional, though I am intuitive)
Powerful and passionate (Nope, nowhere close to the traget, again I'm very passive, and I really don't care about stuff)
Exciting and magnetic (I'm a loner, and no one likes to talk to me)

On the dark side....

Jealous and resentful (Nope, I let things go really easily, for me each day is a clean slate)
Compulsive and obsessive (This is kinda true, I have to go through the exact same proccesses every morning of 5:00AM Alarm, 6:00AM alarm, 6:30Am Alarm, shower between 6:31 and 6:45AM, or else I just feel off the whole day)
Secretive and obstinate (I'm a bit secretive, but nothing major)

So it's maybe at most half right about me.

DoubleJG
Mar 3, 2008, 03:23 PM
Well, I'm a pisces.. and I can't really remember what the characteristics for them generally tend to be (even though I'm unique in my own ways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)..

BUT, I do enjoy the occassional horoscope from the daily paper here and there =)

Kylie
Mar 3, 2008, 03:23 PM
On 2008-03-03 12:17, Tact wrote:
Okay, I'm a Libra. According to Wikipedia, I'm supposed to be cooperative, diplomatic, graceful, and romantic. Also, it says faults that Libras are supposed to have. Based on that, I'm supposed to be unable to say "no," I am quarrelsome, and I'm flirtatious. Strange that Libra is supposed to be both diplomatic and quarrelsome.

Well, when you know your right, you're inclined to defend what you think. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif So maybe it means argumentative in that sense. I know I always go off on people when I think I've been done wrong (rarely happens, but it's happened enough to be noted), even though I avoid conflict.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-03-03 12:26 ]</font>

Syl
Mar 3, 2008, 03:25 PM
Born on the last day of Aries lol. But out of all the traits I saw on Wikipedia, only two applied to me. Not even impatience because I'm an extremely patient person.

And I'm not even slightly forceful >_>

Seority
Mar 3, 2008, 03:40 PM
Aries.
Not really because I believe those 'predictions' could apply anyone, all of them at the same time, regaurdless of what you are.
"You may experience some difficuluties down the path, but you will be rewarded in the end."
When the hell do we NOT experience difficulies, EVERYDAY? Common now...

and Horse.
I believe it's still a little silly, but it's very true about relating to others by age. My sis is a rat and horses and rats don't get along, which we don't. If you are 6 years apart from someone, you tend to never really understand them, nor them you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seority on 2008-03-03 12:41 ]</font>

Neith
Mar 3, 2008, 03:53 PM
Sagittarius here.

According to a site I read:

Optimistic and freedom-loving
Jovial and good-humored
Honest and straightforward
Intellectual and philosophical

On the dark side....

Blindly optimistic and careless
Irresponsible and superficial
Tactless and restless

- Intellectual and philosophical, for sure. I'd like to think I'm honest and straight forward too, but I'd let other people be the judge of that.

For the 'dark side', definately restless. >_>

Chinese sign is a Wood Ox http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif So that means Dependable, calm, methodical, patient, hardworking, ambitious, conventional, steady, modest, logical, resolute, tenacious. Can be stubborn, narrow-minded, materialistic, rigid, demanding.

Definately materialistic, logical and methodical.

UnderscoreX
Mar 3, 2008, 04:01 PM
Libra, and daftly charming as ever.

Dhylec
Mar 3, 2008, 04:58 PM
Western: Scorpio
Chinese: Fire horse

Zantra
Mar 3, 2008, 06:17 PM
Taurus and Rat.

Shadowpawn
Mar 3, 2008, 06:50 PM
Western: Aeris
Chinese: Tiger

Zelutos
Mar 3, 2008, 06:54 PM
Libra

Nitro Vordex
Mar 3, 2008, 07:14 PM
Scorpio, and the spitting image of it too.

Quote from Wikipedia:
Being a water sign, Scorpio is considered highly emotional, passionate, intuitive and imaginative. Being a fixed sign it is determined, persevering, inflexible and self-confident.
...As the eighth sign in the zodiac, Scorpio is associated with the astrological house number 8, which is associated with natural Scorpio matters - birth, death, transformation, sexual relationships and deeply committed relationships of all kinds, and the occult and psychic matters.

Astrologers broadly agree that the following are the characteristics of Scorpio: [6]
People born under the sign Scorpio are:

* Passionate • Powerful • Penetrating
* Intense • Determined • Compelling
* Purposeful • Keenly perceptive • Brave
* Deep • Complex • Analytical
* Inquisitive • Sensual • Mysterious
* Resourceful • Ambitious • Magnetic
* Hypnotic • Creative • Intriguing
* Profound • Loyal • Supportive
* Protective • Generous • Compassionate
* Humble • Quiet • Encompassing.
* Self-critical • Investigative • Passionate
* Caring • Tenacious • Dynamic
* Probing • Emotional • Concerned
* Shock-proof • Intense concentration • Understanding of their failings. [7]

When frustrated or unhappy, Scorpios can be:

* Self-destructive • Ruthless • Overbearing • Suspicious
* Jealous • Possessive • Dangerous • Quick-tempered
* Obstinate • Moody • Sadistic • Insulting
* Secretive • Intolerant • Cunning • Vindictive. [8]

Scorpio is the Zodiac sign that indicates the deepest interest in sexual matters, and for most Scorpios, sex is an expression of love.
Well, besides the quiet part, I'm pretty much all of that.

Kylie
Mar 3, 2008, 07:27 PM
Gollie. I was looking at Wikipedia since a lot of people used it, and almost all they put fits me like a glove (not OJ's lololol). Actually, comparing my description of myself on page one to it is scary.

astuarlen
Mar 3, 2008, 07:39 PM
Twin fire rabbit girl. Sounds like something straight out of the animays.
These descriptions are pretty hillarious. According to the Wikipedia page on Gemini, I like "different things in life" and dislike "being in a bad situation". Impressive!

Sexy_Raine
Mar 3, 2008, 08:25 PM
I'm Pisces,.I forget what the characteristics are, and I don't feel like searching for it right now.

Nai_Calus
Mar 3, 2008, 08:27 PM
Scorpio, Saggitarius Rising, Gemini Moon.

Full natal chart if you're *that* bored:

http://www.iankunx.net/chart.gif

My chart as a whole actually fits me really well. >_>

Chinese zodiac is Water Boar. It does not fit me at all.

Jife_Jifremok
Mar 3, 2008, 09:22 PM
Sagittarius, the centaur archer. Wikipedia has a surprising amount of detail here, and I'm too lazy to go over it. A lot of it seems to apply to me too. (And as an added bonus, according to an old Gamepro magazine Sagittarius is good at shooting games. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Chinese Zodiac, the water boar (by year)...again, lots of detail but this time I was too lazy to look at it.

Jarek
Mar 3, 2008, 10:54 PM
Aries.
I don't really think about this stuff much. But one thing I thought a bit interesting on the ol wiki page was that it said Aries was 'compatible with' Sagittarius and Leo, which just happen to be what my 2 brothers are.
And we mostly get along all right.

amtalx
Mar 3, 2008, 11:02 PM
Leo, and it's not working out for me right now. Anyone want to swap?

Nai_Calus
Mar 3, 2008, 11:33 PM
Sure, I don't have any Leo placements in my chart. You can have... Eh, my Lilith in Aquarius?

You might want to find out what your rising and moon signs are, especially your Moon sign, since that tends to reflect more of your 'inner' self, supposedly.

McLaughlin
Mar 3, 2008, 11:44 PM
I'm a Sagittarius. From Wikipedia...

Positive Traits

* charismatic • extroverted • friendly
* freedom|free-spirited • idealistic • Open mind|open-minded
* intelligent • intellectual • knowledgeable • philosophical • creative
* happy • joyful • fun|fun-loving • optimistic
* funny • humor|good sense of humor
* honest • truth|truth-seeking • Sincerity|sincere
* justice|just • Benevolence|benevolent

Negative Traits

* arrogant • know-it-all
* clumsy • curious|overly-curious
* rebel • boundaries disregard for boundaries • restless • wanderlust

• Peter Pan Syndrome

* quick-tempered • aggressive
* Sensitive • drama queen king
* over the top • loud • annoying

I think it fits me pretty well. The bolded bit are the parts I think apply to me.

EDIT: If anyone wants to figure out my other signs, go for it. December 19th, 1990.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2008-03-03 20:47 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Mar 3, 2008, 11:49 PM
I'm also a Sagittarius. I think anyone who seriously thinks that the positioning of big balls of gas and rock floating around in space dictates their personality and/or destiny needs to grow up.

That being said, I am a clumsy know-it-all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nai_Calus
Mar 4, 2008, 12:59 AM
Go to http://www.astro.com/horoscopes/ahor.asp and select 'Chart drawing, ascendant' down at the bottom of the righthand column. It'll prompt you to put in some information. You'll need your date of birth, time of birth and your city of birth. If you don't know your time of birth you won't be able to find out your ascendant sign and house layout, but you'll still be able to get your moon sign. (Ascendant is more of a 'what other people see' thing, from my understanding of it, btw.) Though note that something that's right on a 'cusp', where the signs change, it may actually be in one sign or another depending on when you were born. :3 The basic one doesn't include stuff like the asteroids or Lilith that some people use, there's a more advanced one you can use to include those if you really want. You probably honestly don't even really care where, say, your Saturn is unless you're really into it, rofl.

Solstis
Mar 4, 2008, 01:55 AM
The generic profile for Cancer fits me to an alarming degree.

Also:
These folks are tenacious and strong-willed and like to get their way. If their well-documented kindness and gentleness doesn't do the trick, however, they're not above using emotional manipulation to make things happen. If that still doesn't work, they'll just go back to their shell and sulk, or find a way to get back at the source of their pain, since Crabs can be rather vindictive.

I have no idea what they're talking about. Those conniving bastards

Jarek
Mar 4, 2008, 03:18 PM
On 2008-03-03 21:59, Ian-KunX wrote:
http://www.astro.com/horoscopes/ahor.asp

All right, I went and filled that out for the heck of it. Got this: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/bizkit04/New%20PSU%20Pics/Chart.jpg
(ignore the misleading link name)

I have no idea what I'm looking at. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Snitch
Mar 4, 2008, 03:22 PM
Picses here.. And it fits perfectly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

At the Asian sign im a metal rooster.. some fit. but again my cousin is a metal rooster as well , but we are nothing alike, so I only kinda pay attention to the Zodiac signs... seems they are the only ones that fit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DEM_CIG
Mar 4, 2008, 08:16 PM
Scorpio. Let's see, I am usaully calm, sometimes i can get jealous, I like the water(swimming and wut not), Im not that tall (medium) and I have broad shoulders(atheletic). I am kinda a introvert... and there's more but thats all i no for sure... whut else?

Kent
Mar 4, 2008, 08:38 PM
Aries... Let's see how many of these match:
Self-confidence
Courage
Impatience
Impulsivity
Enthusiasm
Initiative
Leadership
Opinionated
Forceful
Irritable
Straightforward
Though, no doubt, there have been times where some of those that don't really apply have come into the picture, it's the same for basically everyone. :/ They're certainly not traits that are there very often at all.

Astrology is pretty interesting - for how much crock it all really is, horoscopes can sometimes, rarely, hit the mark pretty well. Naturally, horoscopes are designed with this in mind, so that people start to think that there may be something more to them than some vague scrawlings and a shot in the dark.

Nai_Calus
Mar 4, 2008, 11:40 PM
Jarek: Your sun sign is Aries, your Rising sign/ascendant is Capricorn and your Moon sign is Taurus.

Stealing a quote from an astrology thread on another forum on what the difference between those three is:

"the moon is about our inner self, our heart-self (the sun is about our conscious self, what we kind of identify with openly, and our rising sign is all about our persona, what we are trying to be in relation to others as they first encounter us, our first impression, what we project)"

Kylie
Mar 5, 2008, 12:54 PM
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3848/astrow2gw01kyliewilkersdd6.gif

Lessee... Sun sign is Libra, moon sign is Sagittarius, and rising sign / ascendant is Aquarius?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-03-05 09:57 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Mar 5, 2008, 03:20 PM
Astrology: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Iron? Horse

Some true, some not true.

Ithildin
Mar 8, 2008, 11:34 AM
Leo and fiercely proud of it too! I think our good points far outshine our bad ones (see? Yes I am self-centred too!)