PDA

View Full Version : FT pallete

White_Mage
Mar 3, 2008, 05:09 PM
What is a good Fortetecher pallete?

i need some decent rods for my FT.

when ever i buy weps for her i always sell them back >.> lol

and i don't need a P.Wand too expensive and i heard they arfen't to great anyways...so can anyone post their FT pallete or tell me what i should buy?
>.>

RedMussel
Mar 3, 2008, 05:11 PM
On 2008-03-03 14:09, White_Mage wrote:
What is a good Fortetecher pallete?

i need some decent rods for my FT.

when ever i buy weps for her i always sell them back >.> lol

and i don't need a P.Wand too expensive and i heard they arfen't to great anyways...so can anyone post their FT pallete or tell me what i should buy?
>.>

P.Wand not to great? Its the best rod in the game... but i like the look of the Kazarod better.

White_Mage
Mar 3, 2008, 05:12 PM
i just don't like the look of it..lol

Tulio07
Mar 3, 2008, 05:16 PM
P wand is amazing in both looks and strength. But on a more serious note, I think that as a FT, you won't need to worry about filling up all 6 slots. Since you can fit multiple techs on a rod and wand, jsut fill 4 or 5 and make sure you have quick access to ehaling from any of them. I think your rods should never be more than 1 slot away from something with resta/giresta on it

Weeaboolits
Mar 3, 2008, 05:16 PM
My palette probably isn't the best one, since I favor support so I don't so much use rods, anyway here it is:

Halarod
Shato/Uransara
Shato/Uransara
Shato/Uransara
Shato/Magical Wand
Kikamic/Magical Wand

If you're a newman go for Halarod, they're fairly inexpesnive as S-ranks go, I only use mine for buffing, rods are a tad slow for my tastes, when I want to resta, I want to resta NOW.

Xefi
Mar 3, 2008, 05:17 PM
p. wand is the best rod in the game; it have lots and lots of PP and POWER. You got the expensive part right though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

i dont know if this pallet is suitable for you, but i have my pallet like this:

wand + mag for buffing.
rod (if you dont have p. wand, try halarod since it is more affordable or howrod rod 10/10)
another rod
shato + uransara would do fine
shi-kikami + magical wand would do fine
and finally, Love Bow.

I run my fortetecher like above list and do fine. Hope that at least help you a bit since you only asking about pallet.

JAFO22000
Mar 3, 2008, 05:18 PM
...once you get past 6* rods, there aren't that many to choose from.

What kind of weapons are you buying and selling back? What level are you? We need more information!

If you're a newman character, I'd suggest stocking up on Halarods. No matter which server you're on, they should be pretty cheap.

Even if you enjoy rods, I would still suggest having a wand or two on hand for techs you may want to cast more quickly.

PALRAPPYS
Mar 3, 2008, 05:20 PM
Rods. Wands. Cards. Mag. Maybe Bow.

Not enough palette slots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

biggabertha
Mar 3, 2008, 05:21 PM
Psycho Wands are flat out, the most powerful Rods in the game when grinded but despite that, most would tell you they are not very good due to their rarity (in finding the board) and the materials required to craft them (a good deal of rare materials) and then you have to be able to successfully synth the weapon.

If you're on the cheap, the only Rods you can confidently use are 6* GRM Rods fully grinded which is much cheaper than getting a fully grinded Howrod yourself (9* Yohmei Corp. Rod) but in terms of PP, perhaps a Granarodoc, the 8* Kubara copy would be more suitable.

Since they're relatively rare, Gaozaran Rods are also a viable choice as is a Kazarod. Halarods are decent but all of these weapons rely on being grinded.

Despite all of this, I recommend picking up a useful head unit such as Me/Quick or Har/Quick that will allow more casts from your rod in a shorter amount of time or perhaps even a TAP strengthening unit. Perhaps all you need is more levels under your belt but keeping four Rods on your palette, a Longbow and a combination of TCSM and Wand in the last slot for the most versatile set-up you can use.

At your level, I'd suggest using 6* GRM rods ground to five or higher in order to take you through most of your Lv. 60-Lv. 80 time. Do you just feel that you're outgrowing your equipment too quickly or something?

White_Mage
Mar 3, 2008, 05:23 PM
I am a female newman

lvl 100

15 Ft

GuardianElite
Mar 3, 2008, 05:43 PM
Winter event= Grow up too fast without getting to know class build

Talise
Mar 3, 2008, 09:47 PM
bs, you can grind lvls with AoI missions just as well. Anywayyy...halarods are gonna be pretty good to get for now, they're really easy to get or buy. I'd suggest adding a pumpkinhead rod for buffs(good pp, low recharge cost)Add your choice of any rank heal madoog to any weapon choice(whip/wand...) on as many extra spaces as you see fit, and a bow. Carry a reserve throwing card. I always prefer my tech weapons elementally linked, and in that case you should have AT LEAST 3 slots of attack rods. Cards are a conditional weapon for fortetechers, usually only for flyers and tech resistant enemies, which is why they usually dun go on my palette, but stay in my inventory.

GuardianElite
Mar 4, 2008, 12:16 AM
On 2008-03-03 18:47, Talise wrote:
bs, you can grind lvls with AoI missions just as well. Anywayyy...halarods are gonna be pretty good to get for now, they're really easy to get or buy. I'd suggest adding a pumpkinhead rod for buffs(good pp, low recharge cost)Add your choice of any rank heal madoog to any weapon choice(whip/wand...) on as many extra spaces as you see fit, and a bow. Carry a reserve throwing card. I always prefer my tech weapons elementally linked, and in that case you should have AT LEAST 3 slots of attack rods. Cards are a conditional weapon for fortetechers, usually only for flyers and tech resistant enemies, which is why they usually dun go on my palette, but stay in my inventory.

not bs you could power lvl from 1 -120 in 4 days with winter events.. That explains why she thinks P wand isnt any good asking bout Rods at lv 100 lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-03-03 21:18 ]</font>

Arada
Mar 4, 2008, 03:58 AM
My pallette consists in:

Bow (with the appropriate element)
Rod (buffs)
Rod (Resta - Foie - Gifoie - Damfoie)
Rod (Resta - Diga - Gidiga - Damdiga)
Rod (Resta - Barta - Gibarta - Dambarta)
Cards/Wand (Appropriate element/Resta - Diga or Foie or Barta or Megid or Nosdiga)

One of the rods can become Resta - Megid - Megiverse - Dammegid or Resta - Zonde - Gizonde - Noszonde when I need it.

Note that any 'simple' spell (diga, foie, barta,...)can be replaced by Nosdiga easily due to Nosdiga's power.

GuardianElite
Mar 4, 2008, 04:51 AM
On 2008-03-04 00:58, Arada wrote:
My pallette consists in:

Bow (with the appropriate element)
Rod (buffs)
Rod (Resta - Foie - Gifoie - Damfoie)
Rod (Resta - Diga - Gidiga - Damdiga)
Rod (Resta - Barta - Gibarta - Dambarta)
Cards/Wand (Appropriate element/Resta - Diga or Foie or Barta or Megid or Nosdiga)

One of the rods can become Resta - Megid - Megiverse - Dammegid or Resta - Zonde - Gizonde - Noszonde when I need it.

Note that any 'simple' spell (diga, foie, barta,...)can be replaced by Nosdiga easily due to Nosdiga's power.

If you have spells of one type on a rod you get an elemental bonus...

Talise
Mar 4, 2008, 12:23 PM
it can't be helped, he's a non-switch heal type....but I'm not =D my crazy palette consists of
Foie/rafoie/gifoie/shifta
Barta/dambarta/gibarta/deband
Zonde/razonde/gizonde/zodial
Diga/radiga/gidiga/nosdiga
resta/reverser+whip or megid/dammegid/remegid/megiverse
resta/reverser+giresta/retier

stukasa
Mar 4, 2008, 12:35 PM
Buff Rod
Card + Wand (Diga/Foie & Giresta)
Primary Attack Rod (3 attack techs & Giresta)
Primary Attack Rod (3 attack techs & Giresta) OR Bow
Madoog (Giresta & Reverser) + Wand (Diga & Foie)
Secondary Attack Rod (3 attack techs & Giresta)

Jarek
Mar 4, 2008, 02:19 PM
Well, here's how mine looks.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/bizkit04/New%20PSU%20Pics/Pallet02.jpg
1st spot: buff rod. Pretty much standard stuff.
2nd spot: wand/TCSM or card. This spot really varies for me (tech wise), and I don't use it a lot.
3rd spot: attack rod, third priority.
Since any given block only has 3 elements (except a few rare cases), I always have 3 attack rods ready. This is where I'd put the rod I think I'll use the least, but still get some use out of.
4th spot: attack rod, first or second priority.
This is where I'd put the rod I plan to use the most or second most, since it is right beside my healing techs.
5th spot: wand/TCSM, healing. (resta/reverser, giresta/regrant)
I keep these between my two main attack rods for quick switching and ease of use.
6th spot: attack rod, first or second priority.
This is where I'd put the rod I plan to use the most or second most, since it is right beside my healing techs.

I carry a howrod of every element with me(except light), and since I have a psycho wand I'll switch the techs on it to use for whatever mission I'm about to do-- it's my main attack rod. I use a human techer, so no halarods; haven't found any other S rank rods besides the psycho.
Don't think I've used non-elemental attack rods...ever. I know 12% isn't a lot, but tech damage isn't crazy to begin with, so I'll take whatever I can get. Plus if you're quick, and/or your party doesn't require you to watch their every move, you really shouldn't have to have healing on every rod.
If I get to a boss and feel I need a bow, then I can easily switch one of the rods out since you'll only ever need 1 attack rod for a boss.

The main thing I can stress is just find a pallet you can get used to. Always link your techs to your weapons the same way, and try to keep your pallet about the same. Keep thinking ahead to what your next move should be. And knowing exactly where you are on your pallet and getting to what you want to use next quickly is key. Oftentimes I'll be casting a tech, and during the casting animation I am already flipping through my pallet to use something on another weapon.

I seem to care more about this than I first thought o_o

And after all that, I don't think that's what the OP even intended at all..
Grinded granarodocs are great for buffing. I use cometarac/pegic grinded for healing. Since these weps have crazy pp, they are a good fit.
Grinded Howrods are a viable option. A ranks. Cheaper. Easier to grind.
I don't pay a lot of attention to halarods since my main techer is human, but they dropped quite often in an event a while back, and still drop relatively often in the end boxes of Dancing birds. So getting some should be easy. Grinding them is another story however..
After that, there's only kazarod, gaozoran rod, and psycho wand. Kazarod is the easiest to find, and is the weakest of the 3. Gaozoran rod is the 2nd strongest, but quite a bit rarer. The board for it does not seem that common, and on top of that you need 7 blasted gao rods to make it. You may not like Psycho wand, but as said, it is definitely the strongest rod out as of now. The board is still hard to find, but not impossible. Same could be said for diads. They used to be quite elusive, but they are box drops in White beast, Hill of spores, and now Black nest. So that has made them significantly easier to get.

Wand wise, there's Uransara and Tesbra for S ranks prettiness. Neither is too terribly hard to find these days. However, a Serdote can give both a run for their money. Grinded, it can barely overcome uransara in Tech power, and comes close to tesbra. However the yohmei ones will of course have more PP, so the choice is up to you.

Card wise, you've got Shi kikami and Hoshi kikami for S ranks. Then you've got GRM's 9* Card Regas. It's the same as the above wands, just replace Tech with atp.

Bow wise, you've got Hirokiteri, Rikauteri, and kohibumiteri (since you're female). Rikauteri is definitely the strongest, and has a set bonus with an armor that can make it a bit stronger yet. I'd recommend if you want a bow to go after Rikau. You might end up finding a hiro along the way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jarek on 2008-03-04 11:38 ]</font>

Pandorasbox
Mar 4, 2008, 04:12 PM
My palette composes of:
3 rods- 1 buff, 2 attack rods (1 currently is a debuff rod with one attack)
2 wand/madoog-combos- 1 set has nothing but resta/giresta/reverser. Other set is attk techs that I want to cast really fast.
1 variant- This is either bow or dagger/card combo. I consider this more of my range attk variant slot choices.

I consider this palette quite versatile in alot of situations. Very rarely do I switch stuff in battle which is nice. Altho I do carry extra wands to hold my techs on the fly. Equipment wise most ppl hit it on the nail. Stick with A stuff grinded (Howrod,Serdote,Majimra,Magical etc.) Altho Halarods are nice to get and grind since finding them is tons ezier. I'd worry bout the others later.

Anduril
Mar 4, 2008, 04:21 PM
My pallete as a Fortetecher is this:
Halarod (Diga, Radiga(sometimes Ramegid), Noszonde, Gizonde)
Halarod (Barta, Rabarta, Dambarta, Gibarta)
Halarod (Foie, Rafoie, Gifoie, Jellen)
Magical Wand/Kikami (Giresta, Reverser)
Granarod (Shifta, Deband, Zodial, Retier)
Kohibumiteri

I find this pallette very useful for my play style, since my big 3 spells are Rabarta, Foie, and Diga. All of the items are griinded to 2 or 3, and I was able to get my Halarods dirt cheap. The only TECH item I don't take advantage of anymore is the TECH-mag, since having one not only reduces my TECH power on Attacks, but it eliminates the spot for my Kikami, which I use quite often against Megid firing enemies. I tend not to play as one of those front line TECHers, so this pallette is really more concentrated on using the range aspect of TECHing with Gi- TECHs being used for those mobs that close in quickly.

Akaimizu
Mar 4, 2008, 04:31 PM
And if you can't get your hands on the Rikauteri Bow, I highly recommend a fully-grinded Ulteri. As with all S rank Bows, the Rikau is usually very hard to afford in a store unless you happen to be one of the rich ones, or very very lucky. I'm sure they're priced so high because they're hard to obtain. A fully grinded Ulteri is as strong as a Rikau with a few grinds in it, and several times less expensive. A not so rich guardian can easily nab the Ulteri and already have some competitively high Bow damage and good PP as well.

Talise
Mar 4, 2008, 06:07 PM
On 2008-03-04 11:19, Jarek wrote:
Don't think I've used non-elemental attack rods...ever. I know 12% isn't a lot, but tech damage isn't crazy to begin with, so I'll take whatever I can get. Plus if you're quick, and/or your party doesn't require you to watch their every move, you really shouldn't have to have healing on every rod.
If I get to a boss and feel I need a bow, then I can easily switch one of the rods out since you'll only ever need 1 attack rod for a boss.

The main thing I can stress is just find a pallet you can get used to. Always link your techs to your weapons the same way, and try to keep your pallet about the same. Keep thinking ahead to what your next move should be. And knowing exactly where you are on your pallet and getting to what you want to use next quickly is key. Oftentimes I'll be casting a tech, and during the casting animation I am already flipping through my pallet to use something on another weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jarek on 2008-03-04 11:38 ]</font>

Considering any time you're doing 1k damage to opposite elements, you deal 120 extra damage with 12% boost, it is a lot. Good points on the 3 rods and elements. I agree with having a setup that you're used to and doesn't need much switching around.

stukasa
Mar 4, 2008, 07:27 PM
I've always found the 12% elemental bonus to be more of a burden than it's worth. I'd rather customize my techs in a way that's most useful to me rather than forcing myself to put 4 same-element techs on every rod.

12% sounds like a lot until you consider that it would take nine rod casts to do one extra cast worth of damage. How long does it take to cast nine times? It's at least 1-2 seconds per cast with a Har / Quick. It would probably take 15-20 seconds to do one extra cast's worth of damage. Now think about how fast enemies die, especially in large parties (4-6 people). How many enemies live long enough to make the 12% boost worth it?

If you want to take advantage of the rod boost, that's fine. Extra damage is extra damage, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif For me, though, it's just not worth it.

Talise
Mar 4, 2008, 10:00 PM
Well for me, putting different elements in different rods just ends up making me confused as to where each technic is. It's much easier to categorize your spells by elements anyway, rather than "oh these spells are here". Also, the faster enemies die, the better, especially when you're soloing. It just might make it take 1 less cast to kill those enemies, or w/e. This saves you pp and might get you out of dangerous situations.

shotsfired
Mar 4, 2008, 10:07 PM
good point, Talise.... color coded rods and wands make it easier when I am switching on the fly.

BTW, where is your noszonde?? how dare you?!!

Talise
Mar 4, 2008, 10:42 PM
=0 is that like razonde, but more annoying to use? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
well seriously I just didn't feel it necessary since I already had 4 spells, and haven't leveled up my spells enough yet. I'll grab it one day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talise on 2008-03-04 19:44 ]</font>

shotsfired
Mar 5, 2008, 09:22 AM
I looooove noszonde. it is a little slow up to 11, but after 11, it hits three targets, and at 21 it knocksdown, plus it levels really fast after 11. it is a GREAT spell. it gets Sinderella's seal of approval

stukasa
Mar 5, 2008, 11:27 AM
On 2008-03-04 19:00, Talise wrote:
Well for me, putting different elements in different rods just ends up making me confused as to where each technic is. It's much easier to categorize your spells by elements anyway, rather than "oh these spells are here". Also, the faster enemies die, the better, especially when you're soloing. It just might make it take 1 less cast to kill those enemies, or w/e. This saves you pp and might get you out of dangerous situations.

Color-coded rods... I guess that's true, if you use a lot of techs it could make things less confusing. I only have a maximum of five (different) attack techs mapped to my rods at any given time (Diga and Foie are for wands) so remembering where they are isn't a problem for me. I swap those five techs based on the mission I'm playing.

erickarim
Mar 8, 2008, 10:21 AM
Barta-Psycho wand 10/10
Foie-Psycho wand 10/10
Diga-Psycho wand 10/10
Zonde-Psycho wand 10/10
Megid-Psycho wand 10/10
Resta-Psycho wand 10/10

True ForteTecherz dont carry buff rod's or heal wandus. thats for acros or wartotechers. True FT carry pure perfect psychowandus with a Sori-Techu-Charge. and a 50% dulk-semba + Legsless Rainbolw ALL the time. ofcourse all techs are lvl 40. but ramegid. thats for acros.

hehehe jk. FT OWNAGE

DarkEliteRico
Mar 8, 2008, 10:40 AM
how the hell did you get all those psycho wands to 10?

erickarim
Mar 8, 2008, 11:02 AM
Luck, and ofcourse. pie.