PDA

View Full Version : Fakis, 2nd Form: Melee/PT questions

Astarin
Mar 4, 2008, 12:05 PM
I've got plenty of experience fighting Dulk Fakis (second form) with Force- and Ranger-type characters. It's not hard. Blast his tail with Foie/Diga/Nosdiga, and shoot him in the face with light bullets. My question is, what do melee characters do?

I recently attempted True Darkness with my up-and-coming Protranser, and couldn't decide what the best method of attack was. It seems like the DFP of his body is really high, so melee on the tail/body wasn't as effective as I expected. When Fakis flips over and hovers with his head near the ground, that's another story.

What do you guys think? Is it in my best interest to take shots at his head with Yousei-sou until he brings his head down low, and then melee? What are my melee options, here?

JAFO22000
Mar 4, 2008, 12:41 PM
On 2008-03-04 09:05, Astarin wrote:
I've got plenty of experience fighting Dulk Fakis (second form) with Force- and Ranger-type characters. It's not hard. Blast his tail with Foie/Diga/Nosdiga, and shoot him in the face with light bullets. My question is, what do melee characters do?

I recently attempted True Darkness with my up-and-coming Protranser, and couldn't decide what the best method of attack was. It seems like the DFP of his body is really high, so melee on the tail/body wasn't as effective as I expected. When Fakis flips over and hovers with his head near the ground, that's another story.

What do you guys think? Is it in my best interest to take shots at his head with Yousei-sou until he brings his head down low, and then melee? What are my melee options, here?

Uhhh..first of all, I hope you're not aiming your techs at the END of his tail....

To answer your question, the best thing you can do is shoot him with your bow until he flips upside down and rotates around the outside. Here, use the melee PA of your choice (Jaborga and Majarra work nicely).

Randomness
Mar 4, 2008, 04:18 PM
On 2008-03-04 09:41, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2008-03-04 09:05, Astarin wrote:

Uhhh..first of all, I hope you're not aiming your techs at the END of his tail....

To answer your question, the best thing you can do is shoot him with your bow until he flips upside down and rotates around the outside. Here, use the melee PA of your choice (Jaborga and Majarra work nicely).

Grenades also work nicely when hes upside down.

Neith
Mar 4, 2008, 04:51 PM
For a PT (especially if your job is low level), a Bow is likely your best option while Fakis is in a 'neutral' position (tail targetable easily, head out of melee reach). I'm by no means a PT expert though, so there may be other options.

When your job level/character level is high, you might be able to get away with Jabroga or Majarra on his tail (as a fF I Majarra in between the smaller claws, so I hit a lot of targets). I think a PT's ATP should be sufficient later on for this. Jabroga works nice, but prepare to get interrupted by Fakis swinging his tail.

When he flips upside down, Majarra/Redda/Jabroga (on his face, obviously), and Grenades work well. With Grenades, be careful that you don't overshoot, or your shots will fall off the edge of the arena.

Also, when Fakis flies over the arena doing the orange energy attack (The one that Zalures), stay near his tail (in other words, position yourself where he came from). Almost everytime, Fakis will slide around the arena, stopping with his head right next to you. Then, attack from the side- if you attack from the front, he tends to hit you with his tail stab.

Of course, sometimes he is a pain, and will just hover on the opposite side of the arena waiting for you- but this doesn't happen very often at all.

Finally, Jabroga (maybe Majarra too?) can hit his tail when he's upside-down, so if Fakis does move away, don't worry- just try and hit the lock-on button and target his tail if this happens. Any damage is better than none.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2008-03-04 13:53 ]</font>

SolRiver
Mar 5, 2008, 12:56 AM
From experience, bow serve as the most steady DPS you can get.

While Jabroga work the best imo when Fakis is upside down. The reason is that you don't actually have alot of time to attack his face, so Jabroga provide an instant fly over to do all your damage (instead of wasting time walking over to do combos), then you can pull out immediately to avoid damage (instead of getting stuck in combo, you already finished all damage). That is about the only part where melee played a role.

All other times, bow is all you really need.

When I switched to other class and fought Fakis, I always miss my PT on how I could have use my bow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2008-03-04 21:57 ]</font>

biggabertha
Mar 5, 2008, 03:25 AM
Longbow is adequate for him most of the time but using your most powerful melee attacks on his tail is much faster at killing him when he is in his neutral position. Anga Jabroga, Dus Majillion, Bogga Robado and Gravity Strike can work well if you get the maximum amount of targets in range but Anga Jabroga gets interrupted a lot unless you have a Yohmei Armour or not wear an armour at all (not as dangerous as you think).

When Fakis is about to bend over, he usually rotates around the arena 180 degrees so you should aim an Anga Jabroga at his tail so when he comes over, you'll Anga Jabroga straight into his face. Dus Majillion, Dus Robado and Bogga Zuppa works very well here as substitutes too. In fact, any melee PA that you have will work really well here so long as it's a high level and you Just Attack every part of the combo, just attack from his side or from behind him.

Personally though, I just use Anga Jabroga over and over on whatever I can get close to.

dc534
Mar 6, 2008, 03:36 AM
pretty much have got it down to 13 min on s2 and for the boss all I do is, well it takes a few runs at the begining to get used to his moves is

1. He starts with his dickhead out which is resistant to melee, cutting it in half. Jabroga works real well here.
2. He usually flips over so I stay towards the dick head tail and get a crtical for jabroga, most of the time as people have mentioned he will turn 180 degrees. When he is flipped over I stay close and melee rather than using grenades.
Note: Using grenades or staying away from him causes him to use more magic spells.
I also like to use something with high dps. Protransers can use spears so majarra works well but a good saber also may come in handy.
3. Next he may do a body slam, try to avoid this but if you cant then make sure you look up at his back or keep an eye out for the missles. IF u see these obviously run. Next he will do circles again jabroga or I guess grenades work well. He will storp and stay for a moment and you can get jabroga off on more time before he flyes off and then reappears.
4. When he returens there is agood chance he will meteor and then throw the planet at you. You can avoid the meteors by running around the edge or do likeme and just keep jabroga his sides of his legs. I have killed him many times as the planet was coming to end me, it was kind of funny watching the planet inching closer and then blam! cut seen to him expolodind and falling off the arena.

Weeaboolits
Mar 8, 2008, 04:21 AM
Use your bow.

Dragwind
Mar 8, 2008, 10:50 AM
I would use the bow while he is flailing his tail about, but of course once he flips over, I'd go for full on Majarra to the face. During the other forms though, the bow does have a nice rate of steady damage since you have low recovery time in between each shot. Of course, this is compared to if you tried to melee the tail, and get interrupted often.

Rayokarna
Mar 9, 2008, 07:57 PM
Longbow for when he is out of range, but when he is in melee distance, use any PA that doesn't hit a single target. Dus Daggas, Spinning Break and anyother extra target PA. Personally I use Dus Daggas.