PDA

View Full Version : I dont understand this at all...Help me out here

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Mar 4, 2008, 05:41 PM
Ok lately I've noticed a lot at school and other places that people dont seem to be content with the way they are. I'm hearing a lot of "I wish I was {this race}" or "I wish I was that way". it seems like there are lots of "wannabes" to another race of people or just wanting to be another person. I really dont understand this, can someone please explain this to me? Ive never felt this way myself and I dont get why other people think this way.

Solstis
Mar 4, 2008, 06:24 PM
It's called being a teenager. Identity crises happen, in some form or another.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 4, 2008, 06:29 PM
On 2008-03-04 14:41, VIRIDIA_HUNTER wrote:
Ok lately I've noticed a lot at school and other places that people dont seem to be content with the way they are. I'm hearing a lot of "I wish I was {this race}" or "I wish I was that way". it seems like there are lots of "wannabes" to another race of people or just wanting to be another person. I really dont understand this, can someone please explain this to me? Ive never felt this way myself and I dont get why other people think this way.

Bisexual/lesbian.
:E

Seriously, it's like a fad.

raikomaru40
Mar 4, 2008, 08:34 PM
they're bored w/ their plainness

AlexCraig
Mar 4, 2008, 08:51 PM
Ever think "maybe they like another race so much they wish they were that race"? Some people are like that. I don't see how it affects anyone but the person in question, so I don't see why anyone BUT the person should have a problem with it.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 4, 2008, 08:52 PM
On 2008-03-04 17:51, AlexCraig wrote:
Ever think "maybe they like another race so much they wish they were that race"? Some people are like that. I don't see how it affects anyone but the person in question, so I don't see why anyone BUT the person should have a problem with it.

White guys tryin' to be black/"ghetto gangster".
More like idiot/poser.

AlexCraig
Mar 4, 2008, 08:56 PM
But is it harming you/your status in life? No. If anything, it is harming that person. Really, I say leave those people to do what they want. If they prefer being another race, that's fine. Reality will hit them with a lead weight in time.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 4, 2008, 09:12 PM
*Has the lead wrecking ball ready*
True, it doesn't harm, to a point. sometimes they take it way too seriously and start being in gangs and stuff.
But hey, theu get shot, not my fault. *waves said wrecking ball*

raikomaru40
Mar 4, 2008, 09:42 PM
they need to learn to accept their nationality and roll wit' it

MetaZedlen
Mar 4, 2008, 10:33 PM
Yea, posers suck, I never see why people think that they have such a "high-and-mighty" image to uphold (*points out younger sister...*)

It is annoying if anything...

Kylie
Mar 5, 2008, 01:24 PM
Very common for teenagers and such to have self-esteem issues. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

rogue_robot
Mar 6, 2008, 11:03 PM
And for others, it isn't self-esteem issues, it's a disdain for others of our ethnicity/species. I can't count how many times I've wished I were not human, but rather of some other intelligent race.

Most of the time, though, the cynical realist composing most of my mind which first provokes the thought immediately follows it up with a reminder that said other "intelligent race" would likely also have the same stupid people problem, as intellect is relative...