PDA

View Full Version : How Frost got Tylors card the hard way- Official / Unoffical

leblancdiaz
Mar 4, 2008, 09:15 PM
Expect a long post, lazy people you been warned.

Okay I'm going to see if this will work to confirm on what everyone has said:

First things first complete all of episode 2, so I am assuming 2 - 1 to 2 - 10. Confirmed.What people don't say to do is to complete it on the rank that you completed episode 2 on

Secondly don't use the "get angry" option on the first choice, aka look to Laia.... Confirmed.

Third question Do you either go by yourself or come with Laia- I'm assuming to go with Laia..... Confirmed. Because if you go by yourself Laia insists that you should not do this by yourself..... o.o lol blockhead....

Hmm fourth question is a bit interesting because Laia asks if you understand whats going on and has a list of 4 question you can ask in total. On the side note I am going to ask them all to be safe instead of choosing "no let's go."Confirmed....

Okay fifth question do you tell Lumia what the hell is going on Moatoob? I'm going to tell her because if you don't Laia pretty much says yeah its good to keep the past quiet but she still needs to know and this will save us all 3 minutes of cutscenes.... Confirmed....

If you been following this you should see the cutscene were they go to the rogue base. aka dungeon 1.... I'm assumming everyone knows how to do this....

While I'm at it I might as well explain how to do the 6 button maneuver....

When you first arrive you should see barred barriers that you can't cross and buttons 1 and 3 are green were as 2 and 4 are red.

Hit button 2 so that 2 and 3 are green you should see a square blocking the door you need to go through

Okay walk pass by and you should see 2 buttons that are both red what you want to do is to have the first button(left) green and the second button (right) red.

After passing that you should see another way you can go, follow that path and kill enemy mob to obtain a key.

If you did this right in the distance you can see the barriers perpendicular of each other.

Okay next part is crucial so don't miss it, as soon as you come back after killing selected mob. Look on your mini map for a corner that looks like a foot. Can't miss it. Proceed to that corner. Go around the rocks and what do you find a lock and a warp thats currently down...

Put key in slot, go through warp and go through door. Receive cake...There your done after countless times I have tried to figure this puzzle out it is complete, instead of people not answering it for you I did the work for you D:

Okay we should be on block 2 and 3 pretty much get to the end you will receive cake. Which will initiate cutscene with tylor

Okay sixth question don't choose the option that says "We are the new Guardians" before they tylor fight your response should be "We can't bow down to Tylor"- Confirmed.

Okay so you get into an epic battle with tylor if your a fortegunner like myself equip something with a poision shot or burn shot.

Okay here is another thing I just noticed for the people that have been hunting [B] Blackhearts and them not dropping in order to see what drops you have to be right beside him when he dies and will drop something you have to be quick at doing this like 5 seconds or less or you can pretty much kiss it good bye because the cutscene will take over....

Okay heres something I never got asked before in the seventh question so hopefully I pick the right one: option a goes like this "But the rogues won't be able to act alone" option b: " You aren't the only ones hit be tragety" I'm going to go with option b but don't quote me on it hopefully it works can someone confirm this....

Still the question lies how does he get resurrected? Sources say Liina resurrects him. It's a game and to my standings the only way to kill off a main character is by a cutscene *topic debate insued*

After more dialog,

Okay eighth question do you stay by your comrades or do you go by yourself?- Stay with the comrades you came this far went through like 45 minutes of cutscenes why should you back down know? Like I said you will receive cake at the end....

Can you believe it were half way there- So while were at it take a 15 minute break smoke, drink, eat, have sex, possibly get some cake... and we'll continue in 15 minutes....

Okay 15 minutes are up welcome back to trying to get Tylors card 1.0! in are previous action we tried to get Tylors card but failed. XD

Please watch cutscene do not just skip to trial because you will miss out on a question that may or may not affect you getting a card.

Okay nineth question do you know what to do? well if you been paying attention to the cutscenes they tell you what to do but for those of you that are too lazy to read them just hit the 2nd option.... go to the mountains, not return to the base, not challenge Tylor again.

Okay, We should be in the mountains right know its minus 15 degrees farenheit were I live that isn't so cold but I live in the arctic circle and no I don't live in an igloo yet I have a 6 man dog sled team that can devour and kill a human been in 3 minutes or less O_o out of o_O.

Tenth question on the list of many. So far nothing has broken are stride except Lumia for some reason doesn't understand what it takes to be a guardian and such.

Personally I say dump the bitch except SEGA has something against people saying No... true story... anyways select that you want to cheer her up. You might get some cake. It's PSU anything can happen.....

Okay dungeon 2 and 3 the you get no radar yet you have to follow the sound which half the time don't show up or when they do its at the most awkward time dungeon....

The first time I played dungeon 2 and 3 was like 5 in the morning about and my friend was sleeping on the couch beside me so I played with no sound yeah thats how i roll.... So like dungeon one make it to the end receive cake.

Okay so were at the top of the mountain and the only people presumably alive is the vol brothers that have been frozen to death and in the end you awaken a monster and the final question and hopefully I get my card...... and cake ><.

So an earthquake errupts and you question and you join up with Tylor to take the boss down so let me ask whos here for the gang bang?

After killing the boss you get into more dialog and cutscenes which turns out that you can either fight Tylor again or shake his hand.

Personally I shook his hand and such. Tylor and the rogues allied with the Guardians until Lumia comes running out of no where claiming that headquarters discovered another Hive that the size of a planet. So you say you talk to Tylor later and head back to base.

If you did this right you will know receive Tylors partner card. So far this has taken me a couple of nights sleep and many countless hours to get these questions right, feel free to contribute more so, this can not be reproduced in any form what so ever with out my permission.

I am currently seeking donations in this accomplishment feel free to talk to me in game my main guy is Frost. I hope I helped you out in solving this quest because it seemed people only wanted to give mono logical answers when someone asked for help.
[spoiler]

[spoiler]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: leblancdiaz on 2008-03-05 10:06 ]</font>

Dertia
Mar 5, 2008, 03:30 PM
I still haven't killed him but, I know that if you lose and choose to fight him at the end, Laia just laughs at you and says you're jealous.

RemiusTA
Mar 5, 2008, 04:49 PM
i lol'ed hard at the amount of times they ask you to fight tylor again.

Zorafim
Mar 5, 2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah, that confused me. I still want to know what happens if you choose that instead of shaking his hand.

Vyre
Mar 5, 2008, 08:56 PM
" Secondly don't use the "get angry" option on the first choice, aka look to Laia.... Confirmed. "
- Did this, still got his card

" Personally I shook his hand and such. Tylor and the rogues allied with the Guardians until Lumia comes running out of no where claiming that headquarters discovered another Hive that the size of a planet. So you say you talk to Tylor later and head back to base. "
- I defeated him in the fight and at the end I choose to fight him, Laia: "It's alright Vyre, no need to be jeleous"

"I am currently seeking donations in this accomplishment feel free to talk to me in game my main guy is Frost. I hope I helped you out in solving this quest because it seemed people only wanted to give mono logical answers when someone asked for help. "
- Donation? For something so simple (and can be found amongst various other threads if someone uses the SEARCH functuion) I don't think so!

leblancdiaz
Mar 6, 2008, 12:55 AM
On 2008-03-05 17:56, Vyre wrote:
" Secondly don't use the "get angry" option on the first choice, aka look to Laia.... Confirmed. "
- Did this, still got his card

" Personally I shook his hand and such. Tylor and the rogues allied with the Guardians until Lumia comes running out of no where claiming that headquarters discovered another Hive that the size of a planet. So you say you talk to Tylor later and head back to base. "
- I defeated him in the fight and at the end I choose to fight him, Laia: "It's alright Vyre, no need to be jeleous"

"I am currently seeking donations in this accomplishment feel free to talk to me in game my main guy is Frost. I hope I helped you out in solving this quest because it seemed people only wanted to give mono logical answers when someone asked for help. "
- Donation? For something so simple (and can be found amongst various other threads if someone uses the SEARCH functuion) I don't think so!

Troll + 1

If it thats simple then why are there 50 billion threads on how to do this? also how many one answers is it going to take? As for donations I except anything it's not like I'm saying give me this give me that hell if I wanted to do that I would have made a list.

It's not that I'm trying to prove you wrong or anything hell do you see me making a profit from people that took countless hours doing this quest and got the same result of not getting Tylor's card?

So before this becomes a dick waving contest I'll end it know. Declaring no one the victor. Feel free to comment but it's pointless remember we all like to act tough on the internet. That and nothing really shocks me any more.

Also video games are made to have fun not to start immature wars on that sense I'm not saying I'm the most mature person in the world. I have my days, we all do.

Sorry if the grammar sucks call me on it if you must, but hey theres people out there that aren't the best on every subject in life, myself included.

Also you might say I'm over reacting nah far from it.

So before this becomes locked by mods I leave you with final word if you want an intelligent answer out of me that doesn't put me down in any shape and form then hell you might get an intelligent answer out of me.

HKDon
Mar 6, 2008, 01:05 AM
........ all I can say is I'm sure you saw this coming with the whole "donate" thing..... but then again I'm sure this is what you wanted leblancdiaz, I keep telling you to ignore what people say but you just won't let up.

leblancdiaz
Mar 6, 2008, 01:10 AM
On 2008-03-05 22:05, HKDon wrote:
........ all I can say is I'm sure you saw this coming with the whole "donate" thing..... but then again I'm sure this is what you wanted leblancdiaz, I keep telling you to ignore what people say but you just won't let up.

Ah yes this reminds me of WoW days espcially the barrens chat hell next thing we need is a chuck norris joke and a mama joke.

Yeah my 15 minutes of fame is done got to agree with HKDon on this because were friends and with experience we can see were this can lead.

Anyways to take matters into more hands feel free to PM me or talk to me in game previous of my post explains who I am.

Also I think this will solve all of this chaos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYzsRMaQpo

Till then the cast will have the last laugh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: leblancdiaz on 2008-03-05 22:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: leblancdiaz on 2008-03-05 22:20 ]</font>

Mag_Launcher
Mar 7, 2008, 02:06 PM
I skipped both trials and still got the card, so I can vouch for skipping being safe.

Also, "What people don't say to do is to complete it on the rank that you completed episode 2 on". Maybe because this has absolutely no bearing whatsoever. I beat all of episode 2 on only A, and got the card doing restorations on C, myth busted.

Kriptster
Mar 10, 2008, 06:05 PM
I just done everything this post stated to do and i still didnt get his card. do u have to get S on both missions as well cuz i skipped sum enemies in restoration 1 and got and A?

leblancdiaz
May 25, 2008, 10:28 PM
This may be necro, but after talking to a friend when he was using this guide said that he never received Tylor's card when using this guide. What I forgot to mention that this may take several tries. It happened to me and this was the answers I used when I received Tylors card. Once again I reapologizes on bringing this thread back up but I hope this helps some other people out.

Amalga
May 25, 2008, 11:13 PM
The hard way is hard. Getting Alfort Tylor's card isn't nearly as complicated as you make it sound. It certainly doesn't matter how you answer the questions. All you have to do is the following:

Clear all missions leading up to Restorations 1.
Defeat Tylor in Restorations 1, Act 1 before the cutscene starts.
Clear Restorations 2.

Tylor will give you his card afterwards.

It took me one try. None of it was difficult.

leblancdiaz
May 26, 2008, 09:44 PM
The hard way is hard. Getting Alfort Tylor's card isn't nearly as complicated as you make it sound. It certainly doesn't matter how you answer the questions. All you have to do is the following:

Clear all missions leading up to Restorations 1.
Defeat Tylor in Restorations 1, Act 1 before the cutscene starts.
Clear Restorations 2.

Tylor will give you his card afterwards.

It took me one try. None of it was difficult.

Must be one of the lucky few that this had happened to D:

Amalga
May 26, 2008, 10:16 PM
I wasn't lucky. There's no luck involved. That's all you ever needed to do.

leblancdiaz
May 28, 2008, 12:12 AM
well excuse me for helping but this is pointless your dice

Legendria
May 28, 2008, 12:47 AM
WTF at this topic lol.

All you have to do is clear 2-10, then do 3-2.

OP is like....a whole FAQ lol.

AlphaDragoon
May 28, 2008, 01:02 AM
I'd like to get his card, but playing through the lamefest that is Episode 2 and listening to that annoying cow Laia yap doesn't sound like my idea of a good time. :lol:

Kumlekar
Jun 1, 2008, 03:03 PM
for the most part, the answers to the questions don't matter, they're might be one or two exceptions, but I answered most of themm "wrong" and still got it.

Kumlekar
Jun 5, 2008, 03:26 PM
The choices have no effect whatsoever. You just have to kill him (get xp for it) and complete the second mission immediatly after. you will get the card at the very end of the second mission. (at the point where you get the text summary of the mission).

Niloklives
Jun 8, 2008, 11:27 PM
all you have to do is beat him. by beat him, I mean hit him til he drops an item. if an item doesn't drop, you didn't beat him. if you beat him. you get his card after part 2. its really that simple.

and its rude to ask for donations for doing something like this. no one who writes a faq has ever asked for a donation that I've seen. you're supposed to be doing it out of good will, not looking for something in return.

Amalga
Jun 8, 2008, 11:33 PM
well excuse me for helping but this is pointless your dice

I apologize--it's all my fault that your misplaced arrogance tricked you into thinking that you're some kind of hero despite the fact that you are so very wrong and have provided absolutely no help to anyone by making them work much, much harder than they should ever have to.

[/sarcasm]

Rayshin
Jun 12, 2008, 12:09 AM
all you have to do is beat him. by beat him, I mean hit him til he drops an item. if an item doesn't drop, you didn't beat him. if you beat him. you get his card after part 2. its really that simple.

and its rude to ask for donations for doing something like this. no one who writes a faq has ever asked for a donation that I've seen. you're supposed to be doing it out of good will, not looking for something in return.

so basically the whole time i thought i was beating him, i wasnt, because no item ever dropped. well that sucks lol

Niloklives
Jun 12, 2008, 02:08 AM
well at least now you know.

JLatuska
Jun 17, 2008, 02:44 PM
I've beaten all of the episodes. In fact, I've gone through each episode and gotten all the pa frags from each level. I beat Tylor each time and have yet to get his card. I know I'm beating him as I'm getting items from him. Just building a collection of Landeel A's and B's...

Niloklives
Jun 18, 2008, 02:45 AM
dunno. I'v gotten his card on all 4 of my characters and all I did differently with each one was "react" differently. I got an S on every run and killed tylor, so I have no idea what could be the problem.

Dakkon
Jun 20, 2008, 07:15 AM
The answers don't matter at all, none of them, they are there just to give a false role playing impression, all you need is beat him, which means rising exp yellow text, despite he dropping anything or not, and finish the whole mission (for getting his card, rank doesn't matter either, in any of the two trials) until the epilogue, then just before returning to the 5th floor the "received Tylor's card" banner will appear.

And thanks to the OP for such a good laughs, specially when blindly defending himself after asking for compensation (which is enough on its own) and after being proven wrong.

SJW89
Jun 23, 2008, 10:01 AM
Way to go into detail on this stupidass puzzle in Block 2.

leblancdiaz
Jun 23, 2008, 09:32 PM
Way to go into detail on this stupidass puzzle in Block 2.

no problem took me some time to figure it out

SJW89
Jun 28, 2008, 11:52 AM
Yeah I found a video, because I was too stubborn to try stepping on the green switch... That's never been used before.

Niloklives
Jun 28, 2008, 06:59 PM
yes it has. hive cleanup - part of episode 2.

SJW89
Jul 1, 2008, 07:40 PM
I must have done that accidentally without noticing in Episode 2 then, because I never actually had to think and realize I had to step on a green switch.

goldbrease
Jul 3, 2008, 02:44 AM
i just got the card, i fallowed all the answer choices frost made except i selected we are the new guardians instead.

pikachief
Jul 3, 2008, 04:00 AM
Yeah, that confused me. I still want to know what happens if you choose that instead of shaking his hand.

my friend chose all of "what is said to be wrong choices" and he got his card lol

SJW89
Jul 3, 2008, 12:34 PM
This is BS, I didn't get his card... Oh wait I just noticed why, it's because I've only beaten all of Episode 2 on my other character...Duh...