PDA

View Full Version : Favorite offline quest.

BatosaiHimura
Mar 5, 2008, 10:59 AM
What is your favorite offline quest? (not including pso+ towers, etc.)

I'd have to say mine is soul of a blacksmith. Kill counts always get me.

Oh, i've killed 200 already? Mwahahahaha. XD

concussionman
Mar 5, 2008, 11:27 AM
Value of Money.....Silly NPCs, tricks are for kids.

BatosaiHimura
Mar 5, 2008, 11:49 AM
XD ahh, the non-fighting quest of the game.

AlexCraig
Mar 5, 2008, 01:08 PM
Hmm...

Dr. Osto's Research
Soul of Steel

LonesomeCrow7
Mar 5, 2008, 02:46 PM
Definitely the one who you have montague and elenor as partners...i think thats the unsealed door

Taleck
Mar 5, 2008, 03:01 PM
ugh, i hate babysitting montague and elenor. I like From the depths, yeah i think that one is fun. It gets alot of EXP

concussionman
Mar 5, 2008, 06:59 PM
Unsealed Door is good as well, just because of the pansy that you have to drag along with you.
*Plays Dead*

DC_PLAYER
Mar 5, 2008, 07:06 PM
Soul of steel and sunset at secret base

TheStoicOne
Mar 5, 2008, 07:58 PM
Fake in Yellow, or jus tplain forest runs, the forest is still my all time favorite level of this game! That and maybe ruins 2! and Seaside! And Jungle AREA! OH GOSH!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

raikomaru40
Mar 5, 2008, 07:59 PM
definitely Value of Money

Zorafim
Mar 5, 2008, 08:49 PM
All of them. Most particularly, I love how they built up. Even the first training quest gave some insight to the story, and it just grew as you continued the game.

If I had to choose just one, right now I'm leaning towards the one with Shino the servant RAcaseal. I love seeing tragic tales with people devoted to a single person.

Larusu
Mar 5, 2008, 09:06 PM
Seat of the Heart. Yes, I know it's PSO+, but I don't care. The complexity of it, plus the character development, plus Kireek being a good guy after all, plus what is pretty much the end of Episode 2, tying up quite a few loose ends....It is, by far, the best.

Taleck
Mar 5, 2008, 11:30 PM
I never got Kireek to go with me on seat of the heart. But i love Plus version. Oh yeah, Forest rules because yo can know it like the back of your hand. You know where everything is and how many monsters are in there and everything. Not the same with caves, mines, ruins, or seabed. But The seaside, mountain, and jungle are pretty easy to know.

concussionman
Mar 6, 2008, 12:04 AM
On 2008-03-05 20:30, Taleck wrote:
I never got Kireek to go with me on seat of the heart. But i love Plus version. Oh yeah, Forest rules because yo can know it like the back of your hand. You know where everything is and how many monsters are in there and everything. Not the same with caves, mines, ruins, or seabed. But The seaside, mountain, and jungle are pretty easy to know.

After a couple hundred runs you begin to remember quite well. Damn you Addicting Foods?!?!?!!

Banish
Mar 6, 2008, 06:14 PM
Any RUINS quests are my favorite, Soul of Steel was pretty cool.

Mithrandir
Mar 6, 2008, 10:25 PM
Seat of The Heart, for the win!

Close second is Seek my Master

Haze87
Mar 16, 2008, 05:06 AM
i would say seek my master its a pretty funny quest

Nai_Calus
Mar 16, 2008, 08:14 AM
Seat of the Heart is my favourite quest, period, but it'll always be an online quest to me. (I'm probably the only one who prefers the non-Sue subplot version without Delta.)

Favourite offline quest is Knowing One's Heart. It just really got to me the first time I played it, and it still gets to me. It's a tragic quest, like a lot of them, but one of the few to offer a bit of hope with the tragedy. Elly and Calus met, became friends and apparently fell in love on the internet, and talked to each other right up until the explosion caused Pioneer 2 to lose contact with Pioneer 1. And then she finally gets a message from him, and knowing that he's still alive, she rushes to hire a Hunter to take her to Ragol to find him - But Calus turns out to be an AI who's being hacked by an unknown entity(Presumably Falz or a minion thereof) that sent her messages to lure her into danger, and just when they were finally able to meet, he'll have to shut himself down, which for him is the equivalent of death. And Elly, bless her crazy little machine-loving heart, completely fails to care that he's an AI and not a human. All she cares about is that she's going to lose someone important to her, and that she doesn't want that to happen. So she makes a backup of him, so she'll at least have that... And then that leads us to Episode 2 and Seat of the Heart, where the hope offered by Elly's backup manifests itself in the form of a restored, if altered, Calus.

That they never resolved exactly what became of Calus is one of my great regrets with PSO's storyline. Ah well, knowing ST it would have involved misery and angst, so as long as they didn't do anything with it, I can just imagine that someday there's going to be an adorable little blonde-haired, green-eyed, pointy-eared kid or three running around Pioneer 2 or Ragol and that Calus came back just fine and him and Elly lived happily ever after. XP

(Yeah it's generally best not to let me get started on the subject of the Elly and Calus storyline.)

animeboi45
Mar 29, 2008, 11:30 PM
My fav have to be:
Retired Hunter and the mission where you have to be with the doctor and elenor that is really fun

Taleck
Mar 29, 2008, 11:36 PM
ugh, that one makes me kinda mad.

lol

anything with babysitting is boring.

I love definatly love the one where you have......soul of a blacksmith! it's almost like TTF without it actually being anything like TTF!!!!

No seriously, the rappy one ftw. that one is freaking awesome.

LonesomeCrow7
Mar 29, 2008, 11:52 PM
i change my favorite...soul of a blacksmith and the retired hunter

Taleck
Mar 30, 2008, 01:44 AM
lol

I still say the rappy quest. especially on normal. It's just fun to own them.

DarkShadowX
Mar 31, 2008, 09:43 AM
Hmm... It would have to be From the Depths for me......oh! and Dr. Otso's Research back in the Dreamcast, keeping MOME alive = FUN!!!! >.>;

Weeaboolits
Apr 1, 2008, 05:47 AM
Central Dome Fire Swirl.

phoenixboy
Apr 4, 2008, 08:11 PM
The Retired Hunter, I can earn alot of EXP

DC_PLAYER
Apr 5, 2008, 06:00 AM
did tha quest, it rather anoying the humar saying how many kills we have, especially on the last room, everykill you make he says something and the chat blocks the view constantly .....LOL

Lance813
Apr 5, 2008, 08:22 PM
i love the retired hunter, fav quest! evar

NegaTsukasa
Apr 6, 2008, 10:18 PM
Since I have Plus version for GC I'd say "Seat of the Heart."

FaLegendario
Apr 7, 2008, 06:01 PM
i like seek my master

those katanas remember me Roronoa Zoro

and is a good history

i think that from the dephts too