PDA

View Full Version : Good riddance, Chikki

JuliaJunku
Mar 5, 2008, 03:47 PM
This is a thread for people who are happy about the Chikki nerf to rejoice! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I can't wait for the day they nerf it. CAN'T. WAIT.

Mystil
Mar 5, 2008, 03:49 PM
Whennnnnnnnnnnnnnnneverrrrrrrrr we get the update that contains it! Because it sure as hell aint gonna be friday like I thought it would! =D

Anduril
Mar 5, 2008, 03:50 PM
This is a disaster waiting to happen...

I'm glad there is reason for everyone to actaully buy the othe Slicer PA now, but recently I haven't seen too many people even using slicers. Maybe they are trying to ween themselves off of them before the nerf?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-03-05 12:50 ]</font>

JuliaJunku
Mar 5, 2008, 03:51 PM
It better be friday. I'm sick of missing out on exp because those punks kill stuff before you can even enter the room.

Lykos
Mar 5, 2008, 03:54 PM
You guys whine about slicers too much, it is really freaking annoying. Get over it! We all know slicers are going to be nerfed! Congratulations!

panzer_unit
Mar 5, 2008, 04:05 PM
lol you complained about whining on PSOW

Lykos
Mar 5, 2008, 04:07 PM
On 2008-03-05 13:05, panzer_unit wrote:
lol you complained about whining on PSOW

T.T Good point.

RemiusTA
Mar 5, 2008, 04:08 PM
Yeah, why dont you chikki haters worry about your own skills and leave us overpowered FF's to our own problems mkayyy?

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2008, 04:09 PM
You don't want to say that. You'll have a bunch of peeps just leaving FFs to their own selves so they can level their skills.

Mystil
Mar 5, 2008, 04:10 PM
On 2008-03-05 12:50, Anduril wrote:
This is a disaster waiting to happen...

I'm glad there is reason for everyone to actaully buy the othe Slicer PA now, but recently I haven't seen too many people even using slicers. Maybe they are trying to ween themselves off of them before the nerf?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-03-05 12:50 ]</font>
I suspect they will also start dropping off the earth. RCSMs sell so slow, even the good ones. I bet the slicers don't move much either.

Kylie
Mar 5, 2008, 04:13 PM
On 2008-03-05 13:08, RemiusTA wrote:
Yeah, why dont you chikki haters worry about your own skills and leave us overpowered FF's to our own problems mkayyy?

That's how I feel. I don't use it that much. But if I do, I want to, and I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks about it. Though I do think it needs to be nerfed, even if I'm not bothered by people using it.

panzer_unit
Mar 5, 2008, 04:16 PM
On 2008-03-05 13:08, RemiusTA wrote:
Yeah, why dont you chikki haters worry about your own skills and leave us overpowered FF's to our own problems mkayyy?continue using Anga Jabroga against everything under the sun ftw

Fixed!

Too bad nobody knows about Choutou.

JuliaJunku
Mar 5, 2008, 04:19 PM
continue using Anga Jabroga against everything under the sun ftw
At least Jabroga gives people time to tag everything.

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2008, 04:20 PM
Hmm. They don't know about Lasers, they don't know about Twin handguns at 31+, they don't know about the secret of Izlucre with good grinds on it. And those are just a few quick ranged-related examples.

Jabroga is not getting the hate because while it's amazing damage, it's generally a short range weapon that requires timing. It alone does allow some folks to tag and/or set the mobs up for the Jabroga. It definitely is lesser to abuse in a group setting. In short, it is a weapon that fits right in the hands of a fighter architype.

People have to stop confusing (how a role fits) or (team play mechanics) with direct discussions about power. Sometimes, people want to simply have a use, you know. Or have the opportunities to better themselves in a group. Simple as that. No big power struggle here. But people on this site keep confusing that issue over and over and over again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-05 13:23 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Mar 5, 2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah, chikki is just rapesauce

We're still going to do shitloads more damage than you guys, i dont know what the rejoice is about.

Watch, when 41+ spells are out we're gonna get threads asking Sonic Team to nerf Technics.

Edit: Dont get me wrong guys, Chikki DEFINITELY deserves a mollywock in the damage department.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-03-05 13:30 ]</font>

Mystil
Mar 5, 2008, 04:28 PM
The did nerf dambarta I think but that was a while ago.

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2008, 04:29 PM
Since when was this really a guardian damage balance discussion? The only damage balance here is between Guardian and a group of Mobs. And how quickly it dishes it out. If mobs in the toughest ranked levels die instantly with something, and you are one of those many players that abuse it, what use do you have for a group?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-05 13:29 ]</font>

MrNomad
Mar 5, 2008, 04:32 PM
On 2008-03-05 13:23, RemiusTA wrote:
Yeah, chikki is just rapesauce

We're still going to do shitloads more damage than you guys, i dont know what the rejoice is about.

Watch, when 41+ spells are out we're gonna get threads asking Sonic Team to nerf Technics.

Edit: Dont get me wrong guys, Chikki DEFINITELY deserves a mollywock in the damage department.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-03-05 13:30 ]</font>
just thought I'd let you know, there's gonna be a lot of weapons and spells outdoing chikki in damage after the nerf.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrNomad on 2008-03-05 13:32 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Mar 5, 2008, 04:41 PM
On 2008-03-05 13:19, JuliaJunku wrote:

continue using Anga Jabroga against everything under the sun ftw
At least Jabroga gives people time to tag everything.

Not the way I've seen Fortefighters use it. Usually you can't afford to be slow on the trigger when mobs spawn.

CelestialBlade
Mar 5, 2008, 04:42 PM
And everyone forgets that Majarra has been broken far longer than Chikki has.

Really they could've solved this problem by just taking Slicers away from Fortefighters, but this'll do.

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2008, 04:43 PM
Having to be quick on the trigger is the way things are now even without Jabroga. That alone, hardly changes things. It's precisely why my DoTs get no use in a group, or why it take ungodly long for me to level anything if I'm in a group. I think it's a bit of a shame that the current climate makes soloing the main thing you gotta do if you plan to raise some PAs.

The wait for bigger and stronger mobs with more HP is the hardest part, I believe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-05 13:46 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Mar 5, 2008, 04:43 PM
Lol, thats exactly what im talking about

And Fortefighters own all of them xD

( They nerfed Dambarta? I dont remember them ever touching dambarta, it works the same as it did in Vanilla. They DID however nerf the Gi spells, which i think was a great injustice. However, it could have been because they saw the amount of damage it could cause to balance when the Acrotechers +Har/Quick start spamming it's 21+ range at machinegun speed, which is why the 21+ has been reduced to the 11+ range and the 31+ range is now the old 21+, to keep it Fortetecher exclusive.)

(Of course, if Sonic Team is effing retarded and decide to give Acrotechers lv40 spells after Fortetechers get lv50 ones, their going to have to nerf ALL of the spells again.)

CelestialBlade
Mar 5, 2008, 04:48 PM
On 2008-03-05 13:43, RemiusTA wrote:
( They nerfed Dambarta? I dont remember them ever touching dambarta, it works the same as it did in Vanilla. They DID however nerf the Gi spells, which i think was a great injustice. However, it could have been because they saw the amount of damage it could cause to balance when the Acrotechers +Har/Quick start spamming it's 21+ range at machinegun speed, which is why the 21+ has been reduced to the 11+ range and the 31+ range is now the old 21+, to keep it Fortetecher exclusive.)

(Of course, if Sonic Team is effing retarded and decide to give Acrotechers lv40 spells after Fortetechers get lv50 ones, their going to have to nerf ALL of the spells again.)

Dambarta was GOING to be nerfed, but it never happened. ST was at least going to take away its knockback effect. What I would do is CHANGE ITS STUPID FREAKING GRAPHIC. Getting so sick of not being able to see a damn thing when someone's spamming that Technic.

And Fortetechers are way too paranoid about Acrotechers. For god's sake, Rods do 20% more damage now, I think fTs can grow up and handle a little competition in the Technic department now.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 5, 2008, 04:51 PM
I agree FF getting slicers was a bit of a mistake, but I'll live with Chikki's nerf. It was nice when I went after MB and had to help with the arms, though.

MrNomad
Mar 5, 2008, 05:00 PM
In terms of nerfing, the typical whiner psu player will say Jabroga majarra absolute gravity, that ultimate grenade pa chikki dam-spells and daggas should be nerfed (why upset daggas users? Isn't it bad enough they hafta be a minority when using that pa next to majarra spammers? >.>) If you ask me, they should make all the pas that do a lot of hits have the lowest damage output, all the AoE pas with fewer hits have the highest damage output and the jabroga majarra absolute pas should have medium damage output. That would make sense, then people who wanna use tornado break over gravity break could do so and have some feeling like they use a valuable pa instead of feeling like they're hindering themselves =D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrNomad on 2008-03-05 14:01 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 5, 2008, 05:41 PM
On 2008-03-05 13:48, Typheros wrote:

Dambarta was GOING to be nerfed, but it never happened. ST was at least going to take away its knockback effect. What I would do is CHANGE ITS STUPID FREAKING GRAPHIC. Getting so sick of not being able to see a damn thing when someone's spamming that Technic.

And Fortetechers are way too paranoid about Acrotechers. For god's sake, Rods do 20% more damage now, I think fTs can grow up and handle a little competition in the Technic department now.

If you can't see because of Dambarta, then open your eyes. o.o
But yeah, Chikki needed a damage nerf, everything about it was broken, high damage, long range, crap loads of targets, it was just asking for a nerf. And FTs do need some competition in Tech damage, although it may be justified that they're far and away the best at it because of their really pathetic HP and DFP.

Weeaboolits
Mar 5, 2008, 05:46 PM
FT shouldn't really be too much rivaled in technique power since they lack any real resilience, and all the techer classes beat them out in all their other areas, their technic power is their only real strength.

CelestialBlade
Mar 5, 2008, 05:46 PM
On 2008-03-05 14:41, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2008-03-05 13:48, Typheros wrote:

If you can't see because of Dambarta, then open your eyes. o.o

I did. And it hurt.

http://www.layer-infinity.net/seraphzero/psu/psu089.jpg

And that's pre-AoI, before we got the eye-bleeder that is 31+ Dumbbarta.

Retehi
Mar 5, 2008, 06:01 PM
This is an old picture, but it shares the same sentiment:

http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/psu42.jpg

Can't see shit captain!

MrNomad
Mar 5, 2008, 06:06 PM
On 2008-03-05 14:46, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
FT shouldn't really be too much rivaled in technique power since they lack any real resilience, and all the techer classes beat them out in all their other areas, their technic power is their only real strength.

Pretty much it. It wouldnt seem exactly fair for WTs to have more tp power since they have already high HP and dfp. More TP for GTs? Why? They have crossbows and twins and any other guns more suitable for support/se spread than a tech. AT? So now, not only do they have faster cast speed and lvl 40 buffs but now they get more tp? Either way you slice it, fTs would just lose some more spark to their class if other tech classes could compete more in the tech portion.

Larusu
Mar 5, 2008, 07:02 PM
On 2008-03-05 14:00, MrNomad wrote:
In terms of nerfing, the typical whiner psu player will say Jabroga majarra absolute gravity, that ultimate grenade pa chikki dam-spells and daggas should be nerfed (why upset daggas users? Isn't it bad enough they hafta be a minority when using that pa next to majarra spammers? >.>) If you ask me, they should make all the pas that do a lot of hits have the lowest damage output, all the AoE pas with fewer hits have the highest damage output and the jabroga majarra absolute pas should have medium damage output. That would make sense, then people who wanna use tornado break over gravity break could do so and have some feeling like they use a valuable pa instead of feeling like they're hindering themselves =D

Absolute, overpowered?
Maybe I need to level it past 10 :/

MrNomad
Mar 5, 2008, 08:49 PM
On 2008-03-05 16:02, Larusu wrote:

On 2008-03-05 14:00, MrNomad wrote:

Absolute, overpowered?
Maybe I need to level it past 10 :/

Maybe you do, and not judge pas until you lvl them up :/

amtalx
Mar 5, 2008, 11:31 PM
On 2008-03-05 15:01, Retehi wrote:
This is an old picture, but it shares the same sentiment:

http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/psu42.jpg

Can't see shit captain!

That res is off the charts.

Retehi
Mar 6, 2008, 12:25 AM
On 2008-03-05 20:31, amtalx wrote:

Your mom is off the charts.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

nah, that was just my old ass Athlon XP running PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Syl
Mar 6, 2008, 12:50 AM
Oh shi I'm in that pic lol.

Oh and, Rafoie +31 is not only blinding but it actually causes computer lag. My friend always got complaints when he used it.

Weeaboolits
Mar 6, 2008, 04:25 AM
Yeah, Rafoie 31 is pretty x_@;

...needless to say I can't wait 'till mine's leveled.

Mystil
Mar 6, 2008, 12:24 PM
On 2008-03-05 21:25, Retehi wrote:

On 2008-03-05 20:31, amtalx wrote:

Your mom is off the charts.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

nah, that was just my old ass Athlon XP running PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Heh, don't blame your processor.

I've been in THE WHITE DAMBARTA BLINDING EPIC myself and I run a core duo 2.40 >_>.

Its real bad when you're in FPS mode and they start casting :/.

Weeaboolits
Mar 6, 2008, 01:27 PM
Use in Linear Line or other dimly lit stage for maximal effect.

CelestialBlade
Mar 6, 2008, 02:58 PM
On 2008-03-05 21:50, SylviaEspada wrote:
Oh shi I'm in that pic lol.

Oh and, Rafoie +31 is not only blinding but it actually causes computer lag. My friend always got complaints when he used it.

Yeah, that's my second "favorite" Technic >_>;

Imagine what a pain in the ass 41+ Technics are going to be -_-