PDA

View Full Version : Games and sequals that should be made

MetaZedlen
Mar 4, 2008, 10:43 PM
I'll add to the sequels that SHOULD have come out...

Ready?

Mother3/EarthBound 2

EarthBound was a god of an RPG, and I can only imagine on how great the next in the series would be.

Notice: This topic was originally part of Game Sequels that need to give it a rest. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?forum=9&topic=171213)

Ketchup edit: Title and fixing some html tags.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2008-03-05 13:32 ]</font>

KaneKahn
Mar 5, 2008, 12:24 AM
Imma reverse this. Games with sequels that need to keep making them.

Contra - impossible to beat legitly
Ghosts and Goblins - almost impossible to beat period
Metal Slug - spend thousands of dollars at the arcade and you might beat it
Giga Wing - uber fun and fairly easy
Marvel VS Capcom - pwnage

Notice: This topic was originally part of Game Sequels that need to give it a rest. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?forum=9&topic=171213)

BlaizeYES
Mar 5, 2008, 12:25 AM
game sequels that SHOULD come out:

shenmue 3

i think i've stayed hopeful it will come out for the past 5 years.

and to be honest, aside from sequels, i dont really play any new games anymore to begin with, only the ones i've grown to love through the years

Syl
Mar 5, 2008, 12:29 AM
If Shenmue 3 (or the supposed Shenmue Online game) came out, I'd be all over it. Although I never finished 2, Shenmue was a fantastic and deep game.

As for continuation, gib a Skies of Arcadia sequel <_<

Eihwaz
Mar 5, 2008, 12:35 AM
It's not fair that we have ten million fucking different versions of Street Fighter 2, but we don't have Earthbound 2/Mother 3 in the US. Sigh. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Weeaboolits
Mar 5, 2008, 03:09 AM
They need to localize Madou Monogatari, as it would please me immensely.

UnderscoreX
Mar 5, 2008, 10:27 AM
On 2008-03-04 21:24, KaneKahn wrote:
The guys behind the Marvel studios were talking about making a new Marvel based fighting game, we can dream!

astuarlen
Mar 5, 2008, 07:44 PM
In my dreams, Jesus descends in glory from the Celestial Kingdom to bring me a gold-clad copy of Arcanum II. Fewer glitches this time around, though.

Dangerous55
Mar 5, 2008, 08:27 PM
Freedom Fighters 2
Freedom Fighters 2
Freedom Fighters 2
Freedom Fighters 2
Freedom Fighters 2
Freedom Fighters 2
Freedom Fighters 2

raikomaru40
Mar 5, 2008, 08:31 PM
Freedom Fighters 2?

Sharkyland
Mar 5, 2008, 08:55 PM
On 2008-03-05 00:09, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

Uh the game gear games were called Madou Monogatari, the Sega Saturn game was called the same thing. There was Waku Waku Puyo Puyo Dungeon for the Saturn & PSX.

--

Hmm, they need to make:
- a sprite (not 3D) Twinkle Star Sprites
- (friend screams next to me) Tetris Attack/ Panel De Pon & Mario Paint
- Guardian Heroes (!!)
- Skies of Arcadia / Eternal Arcadia (!!)
- Gunstar Heroes (!!)

I know there has to be more. (I still haven't beaten Secret of Mana 3 yet.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2008-03-05 17:55 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Mar 5, 2008, 09:19 PM
On 2008-03-05 17:31, raikomaru40 wrote:
Freedom Fighters 2?

YES

Weeaboolits
Mar 5, 2008, 09:49 PM
On 2008-03-05 17:55, Sharkyland wrote:

On 2008-03-05 00:09, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

Uh the game gear games were called Madou Monogatari, the Sega Saturn game was called the same thing. There was Waku Waku Puyo Puyo Dungeon for the Saturn & PSX.Yes, I knew about those, they still need localization or a new incarnation that'd make it stateside for me to be pleased, though.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 5, 2008, 10:10 PM
On 2008-03-05 07:27, UnderscoreX wrote:

On 2008-03-04 21:24, KaneKahn wrote:
The guys behind the Marvel studios were talking about making a new Marvel based fighting game, we can dream!

What??? *Dreams over 9000 exaggerated*

God yes, that was quite possibly the best fighting game EVAR.

No, they should remake...Power Stone! From DC! Yeah, I know there's one on PSP but, no. Never. =/

Monochrome
Mar 5, 2008, 10:17 PM
Phantasy Star V

Nitro Vordex
Mar 5, 2008, 10:18 PM
^*Will never happen* =/

darkante
Mar 6, 2008, 01:57 AM
- Beyond Good & Evil -
The game is great and is much like the Legend of Zelda games.
The ending were a big cliff-hanger.

- Megaman Legends -
Really, the concept with 3-D battles were questionable at first.
But the game works well and plays awesomely.
Were really fun to explore those ruins and destroy those damned Reaverbots haha.
But alas the ending of Megaman Legends 2 left something to desire.

I pray for sequels on them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

kurisu1974
Mar 6, 2008, 02:19 AM
Streets of Rage :3

Sexy_Raine
Mar 6, 2008, 04:06 AM
I have a few:

Kid Icarus. Though Pitt will be in Brawl, Nintendo seems to not want to give it another chance.

Super Mario RPG,sorry Paper Mario didn't cut it for me. I would like true sequel to this.

Parasite Eve, one of the only unique games Square actually did. I would love to see Parasite Eve 3.

That's all I have for now.

AC9breaker
Mar 6, 2008, 04:26 AM
Einhander

Legacy of Kain series needs to continue.

Weeaboolits
Mar 6, 2008, 04:37 AM
Oh, yeah, we need another Vigilante 8, it was much better than Twisted Metal.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 6, 2008, 04:52 AM
Pong 2

Electric Boogaloo

YES

Sales/# of times played would rival Wii Sports/Wii Play w/Remote.
-
Bust a Groove series. Those were good stuff.

Illusion of Gaia/Soul Blazer sequel.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 6, 2008, 09:24 AM
Einhader and Beyond Good and Evil FTW.

I'd be pleased to hear a sequel was announced for Legend of Dragoon, personally. But I'm a bit of a sucker for dragons.

F-Zero WX?

Zorafim
Mar 6, 2008, 03:56 PM
Skies of Arcadia.

Nevermind, scratch that. I saw what happened to PSU.

BlaizeYES
Mar 6, 2008, 11:53 PM
On 2008-03-06 01:06, Sexy_Raine wrote:

Super Mario RPG,sorry Paper Mario didn't cut it for me. I would like true sequel to this.

oh sweet mother of god. there was something so great about mario rpg, i just loved it. i would have LOVED to see a sequel, i still remember being 10 and then seeing geno's demise at the end of the game and knowing THATS what i want to see from nintendo. but it cant ever be a sequel if you want to continue your love.

that game was amazing, and paper mario i tried to like when i had an n64, but i didnt really get into it and never finished. it really wasnt what i was looking for in an rpg of mario. but even if they did make a sequel, how the game ended, i couldnt expect them to make it nearly as good as the first. it was a new look into the "mario world," and you can't really build on that what square already did for them: tell the "tale" of mario where you fight alongside your most legendary adversary to topple a greater power. the storyline "hook" has been done in games many times before with that angle, but given that everyone knows the fued of bowser and mario dating back(at the time) 12 years of fighting through several games... it made it that much greater to experience as a 10 year old boy. even if they remade mario rpg for the wii, putting together a story of "epic proportions," it wouldnt carry the same weight it did before.

omegapirate2k
Mar 7, 2008, 12:33 AM
Shenmue 3 just because it was cut off randomly, which saddened me.

Kent
Mar 7, 2008, 12:52 AM
PSO. We need another game that captures that sort of feel, since the current online multiplayer Phantasy Star game fails so miserably at it.

Maybe Prope should do it. :/

We need another...
Jet Set Radio.
Panzer Dragoon... Especially another Panzer Dragoon Saga.
Gunvalkyrie.
Portal.
Phantom Dust.
Tribes (though... Fallen Empire: Legions may be pretty great).
Freelancer.
Puzzle Fighter.
Tyrian.
Jedi Knight.
Shining Force (either the strategy Shining, or the RPG Shining).
Golden Sun.

amtalx
Mar 7, 2008, 07:56 AM
On 2008-03-06 21:52, Kent wrote:

Gunvalkyrie.

I didn't think anyone else knew what this was. The learning curve was one of the steepest I've seen, but an amazing game. I think I broke a controller trying to get Kelly Lv.3

As far as my pick? I would have to say Oni. To be honest, I'm not sure why. I just really enjoyed that game despite its simplicity.

Kylie
Mar 7, 2008, 12:07 PM
I'd like a third Outbreak, but that ain't going to happen. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

zentetsua
Mar 7, 2008, 05:23 PM
I think that sm rpg should get a sequel as well, also Ergeiz: god bless the ring, and pso should get a sequel.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 7, 2008, 05:48 PM
On 2008-03-06 01:37, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Oh, yeah, we need another Vigilante 8, it was much better than Twisted Metal.

Soooo much better. loved going to the crater and running away from teh ants. Ramping craters was good fun, as well as asploding gas stations.
A true sequel would be great, not like a game like Power Stone or Megaman on PSP, I want a real sequel NAO.
For those two as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Wyndham
Mar 7, 2008, 06:25 PM
F Zero
Skies of Arcadia

Darkly
Mar 7, 2008, 08:21 PM
i would love a new skies of arcadia...

i also would like my second part to 13 - the cell shaded FPS. it just ends half way through the plot, and looks like the sequel got axed or something...

BlaizeYES
Mar 8, 2008, 02:11 AM
On 2008-03-06 21:52, Kent wrote:
PSO. We need another game that captures that sort of feel, since the current online multiplayer Phantasy Star game fails so miserably at it.

well, i think i played psu when i was at a gamestop a long while back. i wasnt really feeling it... it seemed like an "advanced" version of a game i put so many hours into already... and pso had me hooked from the beginning, but making a "new pso" that surpassed the old could never really happen and give you that same feeling. there would be a million other "hacks" done to it, or something goofy going on... and it was that desire in 2001 to see everything the game had to offer that made it much more fun to play. when you bought the game when it first came out, aside from the japanese, everyone was under level 10, and nobody really had any idea what they were getting into. now everyone knows how the game functions, they know what to look for almost immediately, they know the "corners" they can cut, copying items and such, and theres nothing fresh about it. in the online world(much like everything in life) anything that really takes you by surprise, any sort of mystery that really makes your curiosity run wild will always be exploited by people. making a new pso would only be the same thing. people would ruin it, because people always want to find a way to destroy what made things special to begin with. i will quote an eagles song when i say:

"YOU CALL SOME PLACE PARADISE, KISS IT GOODBYE."

pso was a gem, and you cant just recapture a feeling like that in something that seemed so original at the time. and every time i come online, come to this website, it's just a painful reminder of what i've lost and will never get back. how i yearn to play the original pso, being on my travel tennis team in highschool and getting into a heated discussion with kids about how awesome the game is and how proud you were when you were levelled up enough to use some weapon that really wasnt that good to begin with. WE LOST IT FOREVER

Monochrome
Mar 8, 2008, 01:05 PM
[b] on whatever date/time, blaize wrote dis:

pso was a gem, and you cant just recapture a feeling like that in something that seemed so original at the time. and every time i come online, come to this website, it's just a painful reminder of what i've lost and will never get back. how i yearn to play the original pso... WE LOST IT FOREVER

Ahh such truth.

Still, we need another PSO

These are just personal favorites of mine, and I don't necessarily view them as wanted 'sequels', but I would really really like to see remakes of the original Suikoden (handled by Kojima's team, lol) and Battle Arena Toshinden (ghost produced by Team Soul, SoulCalibur). I guess they would be sort of sequels, just like Persona 3 FES is a sequel, but also sort of a director's cut. Well, that is just my pipedream, afterall Suikoden has only managed to be a niche rpg for years and everyone in the universe hates BAT except me.

KaneKahn
Mar 8, 2008, 06:38 PM
ToeJam and Earl. Not the one that was kinda like Mario and Sonic combined either. The world were you put your ship back together and hoped the Boogie man or Mail Trucks didn't find you.

BlaizeYES
Mar 9, 2008, 01:34 AM
YES toejam and earl was incredible. i never did beat the game though, i got close i think, but theres always some part where you need to make a jump or you had the rocket shoes that would eject you 30 levels down, and you'd just say to yourself, "its over."

SubstanceD
Mar 9, 2008, 07:36 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to the following:

Skies of Arcadia
Power Stone/Power Stone 2
Einhander
Xenogears
A new 2D Metroid game
A new Breath of Fire game.

Wyndham
Mar 9, 2008, 07:50 AM
more Goemon games too.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 9, 2008, 09:02 AM
Capcom vs. SNK 3 (Capcom's version) or SNK vs. Cacpom 2 (the one by SNK)

elainesangel9
Mar 10, 2008, 11:14 AM
new nextgen megaman legends
another zelda for wii that doesnt have a horrible ganon sword fight
superman 64 nuff said
smash borthers 4
mario rpg LOTSS
PSO episode 5 through 690
call of duty(ha i said duty)
no more heroes
persona 3
shin megumi tensai nocturn, PLEASE GOD GIVE ME A SEQUAL TO THIS GAME

Jife_Jifremok
Mar 22, 2008, 09:37 AM
King's Field. First-person RPG featuring realtime combat. Incredibly dated, yet nothing has really taken its place. I'll go into detail about it later, but with each passing day and with each post about the little things we love and hate about games, I think of King's Field more and more and eventually I'll go Saner on it and start throwing hotdogs and burgers everywhere as I make a thread to plug the shit outta my favorite RPG series that deserves far more recognition than it's gotten. A sequel to this is a guaranteed system seller for me, though whether anyone else would give a fuck would likely depend on how modernized or marketed it would get. -_-

Monster Hunter. It goes without saying that MH is getting sequels and stuff, but a new online CONSOLE installment is direly needed. Sega's been getting away with mediocrity for far too long and it's about time for the only true console online RPG competitor, Capcom, to step up to the plate and scare Sega into making Phantasy Star a series to be proud of once more.

Thunder Force. Side-scrolling arcade shooter with awesome music and great difficulty, and it doesn't even have masses of bullets flying at you. Sadly, the latest entry in the series (Thunder Force V for the PS1) didn't quite go near the awesomeness that was TF IV (also called Lightening Force) on the Genesis. A sequel is needed to rectify this.

General Chaos. An RTS game that's really fast-paced, each side only having five soldiers in each battle (plus medics to act as extra lives that you can give out at will or save for future battles), sporting a board game-like campaign map where progression depends upon victories and defeats on each territory (so if the enemy pushes you back to your capital, you could still make a strong push and drive the enemy to theirs!), where the only resource management is the amount of medics you have. No psudo-economy bullshit or churning out massive armies of disposable soldiers. And no arms race either.

Herzog Zwei. A unique action RTS from the Thunder Force guys where you need to command your troops to capture bases and participate in the battles yourself, often against the enemy commander. With today's technology, who knows what kinds of awesomeness could result.

X-COM. A multi-tiered strategy/simulation where you strategically build bases around the world and suppress alien activity. Battles are done in strategy RPG fashion, but outside battle you research alien stuff, build your bases up and buy or manufacture weapons for your soldiers. With today's technology and ideas, the numerous flaws the old game had could be ironed out.

Star Control. It's good ol' American role-playing, but it doesn't get bogged down by shitty combat or needlessly limiting character creation. Star Control is old as dirt and needs a new installment or a remake.

Mutant League. The unrealistic sports scene just hasn't been the same in the absence of Bones Jackson, KT Slayer, GIL-9000, Brika, McWhimple, and other cross-sports favorites. Seriously. The non-realistic sports scene is being dominiated by BLITZBALL? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT!! The ball's spikes aren't even sharp! These RPG pansies need to be playing in aquaspheres filled with sharks and sea mines, bribing and killing refs, calling Nasty Plays, flinging around weapons and turning the water RED WITH EACH OTHER'S BLOOD AND LITTERED WITH BODY PARTS!! (Pardon the cliche.)

Destruction Derby and/or Demolition Racer. Just flat-out car-based carnage and destruction on tracks and bowls! Smashing directly into other cars, flipping them around, wrecking them, and making sure not to get yourself wrecked in the process! Sure there's Flatout but we need something a little better than that...

A new Algol-based Phantasy Star. We need another game that captures that sort of feel, since both online multiplayer games fail so miserably at it. Then again...

On 2008-03-06 12:56, Zorafim wrote:
Nevermind, scratch that. I saw what happened to PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-03-22 07:51 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Mar 22, 2008, 12:36 PM
Panzer Dragoon Saga (Azel) needs a nice graphically referbished port to the Wii , or a sequel IMO.

darkante
Mar 22, 2008, 01:58 PM
I would really want a sequel for the Legacy of Kain serie.
The ending in LoK: Defiance left much to desire.
And the music is really interesting to hear.

Specially love the music in LoK: Soul reaver. =)