PDA

View Full Version : Games you've played that you're sure no one else has.

Frana
Mar 5, 2008, 08:34 PM
This way we can all find people who have played them, or just find a game worth checking out. Mine is Steambot Chronicles, I hope to god they localize the sequel over here.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 5, 2008, 08:44 PM
Another Code/ Trace Memory.

Just kidding. I know it's a good game though.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 5, 2008, 08:45 PM
Phantasy Star Online.

Sharkyland
Mar 5, 2008, 08:49 PM
Interesting topic (I have a lot to add when I can find my video game list) All I have to do is just find the games that I own that have no FAQ on GameFAQs. I have a few FAQs written up but I haven't gotten time to post them.

- Black Matrix II (J PSX)
- Black Matrix Double Zero (J PSX)
- Builder's Block (US PSX)
- Guardian Recall (J PSX)
- Marica (J Saturn)
- Shadow Dragonspell (J PS2)

Eihwaz
Mar 5, 2008, 08:50 PM
The only semi-obscure game I own is probably Contact, for the DS.

AC9breaker
Mar 5, 2008, 08:55 PM
Masters of Monsters for Sega Genesis. I use to love this game, its like advance Wars meets Pokemon. You would upgrade and level up your Monsters and they would evolve into stronger monsters. Its was pretty freaking sweet and I put in alot of hours into that game back in Grade school.

Edit: There was a PS2 sequal or ps1, Don't remember but I never played it.

Edit 2: Sweet found a vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Rps-SRYfs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2008-03-05 18:03 ]</font>

KaneKahn
I know no one has played this game, it used to be really popular on M-Play, then the company went under and it disappeared http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif G-Nome.

Anyhow the game was uber rape. Think of Mechwarrior 4, but back in 1994.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaneKahn on 2008-03-05 17:56 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/puyo/madousfc.jpg
Madou Monogatari: Hanamaru Daiyouchienji

Unfortunately, I think Compile went under, I know the rights to Puyo Pop now belong to Sega and are produced by Sonic Team, but they replaced the main cast and seem unwilling to continue the Madou Monogatari series, which is a real shame.

Not that they'd get localized anyway, but still. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-03-05 17:57 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Mar 5, 2008, 08:57 PM
On 2008-03-05 17:55, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/puyo/madousfc.jpg
Madou Monogatari: Hanamaru Daiyouchienji

Wow, that's a Puyo Puyo game I've never seen before.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2008-03-05 17:58 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Mar 5, 2008, 09:00 PM
Puyo Pop was actually a spin-off from Madou Monogatari, so the pre-Fever Puyo games share the same cast of characters.

KaneKahn
Mar 5, 2008, 09:05 PM
Forgot Astrosmash, and Star Strike.

AlexCraig
Mar 5, 2008, 09:08 PM
Jurassic Park for original Game Boy.

RPG Maker 3 for PS2

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for SNES

Sinue_v2
Mar 5, 2008, 09:15 PM
Callahan's Crosstime Saloon.

On 2008-03-05 17:44, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
Another Code/ Trace Memory.

Just kidding. I know it's a good game though.

I played it.

Scrub
Mar 5, 2008, 09:20 PM
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/334/bruteforceaa2.jpg

Why the fuck Halo was hailed as the best multiplayer game on Xbox and made into a big shit, when BRUTE FORCE was fucking superior in every way, I'll never understand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scrub on 2008-03-05 18:22 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Mar 5, 2008, 09:21 PM
FFMQ good game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KodiaX987
Mar 5, 2008, 09:23 PM
Slave Zero.

Stargate.

Dangerous55
Mar 5, 2008, 09:23 PM
On 2008-03-05 18:20, Scrub wrote:

Why the fuck Halo was hailed as the best multiplayer game on Xbox and made into a big shit, when BRUTE FORCE was fucking superior in every way, I'll never understand.

Brute Force fucking blew.

Powder Keg
Mar 5, 2008, 09:25 PM
http://snesmusic.org/v2/images/screenshots/soe.png

Marche
Mar 5, 2008, 09:25 PM
"Gotcha Force"

It was like virtua on!, but with action figures

Scrub
Mar 5, 2008, 09:26 PM
On 2008-03-05 18:23, Terrible Troll wrote:

Brute Force fucking blew.

Well gee can't argue them facts.

Solstis
Mar 5, 2008, 09:28 PM
On 2008-03-05 18:23, KodiaX987 wrote:
Slave Zero.

I think I played the demo.

Sewer Shark! (Okay, but the Sega CD was kinda rare/crappy).

Sharkyland
Mar 5, 2008, 09:29 PM
On 2008-03-05 18:25, Artea wrote:

I forgot is that the one with the Dog? Every stage the dog turns into a different species. Poodle was weird. x.x

Powder Keg
Mar 5, 2008, 09:32 PM
On 2008-03-05 18:29, Sharkyland wrote:

On 2008-03-05 18:25, Artea wrote:

I forgot is that the one with the Dog? Every stage the dog turns into a different species. Poodle was weird. x.x

Yep. Great game, maybe not on the same level as Mana, but the art and music is/were amazing in the game.

I'm sure people have played that, so on a more serious note....

http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Pirates_Gold_GEN_ScreenShot1.jpg

I doubt anyone's played this gem. I was hooked when Sega Channel was still around, and ended up buying it from Funcoland when Suburban Cable discontinued the service.

ABDUR101
Mar 5, 2008, 09:40 PM
G-nome, Slave Zero(PC and DC release), Brute Force, all fun games.

Add in Tiger Shark, a game in which you had an attack boat that could hydroplane on the surface of the water, shoot missiles and so on at surface and air targets, but could then dive like a VERY fast attack submarine to attack undersea enemies.

Amok was a fun 'mech'ish attack game. For the Genesis there were two games; one was an action tactical game, you led numerous troops around a battlefield and each one had a certain attack(Grenade thrower, flamethrower, machine gunner, rocket launcher, etc) and then there was a game in which you took control of a monster, and you'd fight in big arenas for crowds; after you killed certain monsters you'd acquire their DNA and could splice your current monster with the defeated monster DNA to create something new. Was a very fun game.

However, Pirates! was a fucking awesome game. That game was the SHIT on Sega Channel and I could never find a copy in stores.

Zero Tolerence for the Sega.

Here are some other Genesis games:
Vectorman
Ultraman
TimeKillers
SeaQuest DSV(Though if you grew up when I did, you no doubt watched that show religiously. It was Stargate except under the ocean, and it fucking ROCKED.)
Skeleton Crew(Nifty action-shooter, different characters with different abilities to choose from.)
Soldiers of Fortune
Ranger X(Awesome game, finding new abilities to wire into your suit)
Revolution X(Wow..ok..really, anyone else who's played this gets some kind of points)
Ooze(You play as a scientist who gets turned into a living mass of ooze, kill things and absorb them to make your mass larger. Fun game.)
MERCS!(Mercenaries, in mah 16bit era!)
Mutant League Hockey(and Football. The only sports games I could ever really enjoy, along with Megaman Soccer.)
Lethal Enforcers(my brother bummed the kit from his friend, and it had the guns. Beat the hell out of wasting quarters at the arcade!)
King of the Monsters(Godzilla-era brawling, sans cool monsters except for one or two. Dibs on the giant beetle!)
General Chaos(was the name of the game I could'nt remember above. Classic Red Vs Blue army game, humorous and bloody!)
Final Zone(Mech action, top down view. Win.)
Exo-Squad(For those who used to watch the Cartoon, hurray.)
Dinosaurs for Hire(Dinosaur mercs, killing rampaging dinosaur monsters. It was going off of Contra's fame abit.)
Doom Troopers - The Mutant Chronicles(Not sure how popular this game was, but it really had the graphics down, another Contra-like.)
Cosmic Carnage
Beast Wrestler(I beleive this is the one I mentioned above, with the DNA fusion between your monster and others you fight.)
Brutal - Paws of Fury

and thats all I can peice together after using a vast site of games and pictures to peice together my childhood memories. o_O

I dunno how popular most of those games were, merely because I did'nt talk about videogames with the kids I knew at school.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2008-03-05 20:13 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Mar 5, 2008, 09:47 PM
Armadillo Run, The Incredible Machine, and The Incredible Toon Machine

Really fun sandbox games, the first one being more focused on physics than the other two and less open-ended.

Frana
Mar 5, 2008, 10:02 PM
I have slave zero, I was thinking about playing Gotcha Force, but don't know if it's worth 25 bucks...

Monochrome
Mar 5, 2008, 10:23 PM
Stupid Invaders on DC. Bangai-O for DC??? (I'm guessing SOMEONE here has played that...) DDR Party Collection on JP PS2.

Batman Returns, Stun Runner, Turbo Sub for Atari Lynx. Kolibri, Metalhead, Shadow Squadron for 32x.

KodiaX987
Mar 5, 2008, 10:49 PM
Played Stupid Invader and Bangai-O, and played The Incredible Machine.

Now, how about Highway Hunter?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2008-03-05 19:50 ]</font>

UnderscoreX
Mar 5, 2008, 11:03 PM
Teddy Boy for the Master System.

Orange_Coconut
Mar 5, 2008, 11:08 PM
Super Putty, Plok!, and Sugoi Hebereke.

Though, I believe I've seen some people mention Plok! on this board before. Plok! was actually fun, but embarrassing to play. Super Putty kind of sucked, Sugoi Hebereke I thought was just plain funny.

CupOfCoffee
Mar 5, 2008, 11:11 PM
Kirby's Dream Course is next to godliness.

Zoop for SNES was a terrible game that I hope nobody else has ever subjected themselves to.

AlexCraig
Mar 5, 2008, 11:12 PM
Sailor Moon Another Story. Originally for Super Famicom, I played the Rom.

Shadowpawn
Mar 5, 2008, 11:13 PM
Blast Corps for the SNES. It was a Rare-made game. (when they were good.)

amtalx
Mar 5, 2008, 11:28 PM
On 2008-03-05 18:40, ABDUR101 wrote:
Ranger X(Awesome game, finding new abilities to wire into your suit)

I didn't think anyone else knew this game existed. This was the first game that made me feel like I needed a 6-button pad.

Revolution X(Wow..ok..really, anyone else who's played this gets some kind of points)

Aerosmith FTW http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Blue-Hawk
Mar 6, 2008, 12:04 AM
Swordquest -Earthworld/Waterworld/Fireworld for the Atari 2600.
Heretic Kingdoms- PC.
Hydro Thunder on PC.
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo PC.
Mortyr and Mortyr 2- PC.

That's all I can think of for now. Maybe later I'll remember a few more.

Jife_Jifremok
Mar 6, 2008, 12:17 AM
I'll start by listing the games you've mentioned that I've played.

Steambot Chronicles - Excellent game, and I normally get BORED by relaxing kinds of games.

Astrosmash and Star Strike - Were these Intellivision games?

Stargate - Do you mean the Genesis one? I remember that. Anubis was one cheap motherfucker.

Sewer Shark - I remember this! "Your new callsign is Ratbreath!" I bet it aged like shit though...

Pirates! Gold - I can't say if this counts, since I only played it on an emulator while searching for decent pirate games after the utter disappointment of Pirates: Legend of Black Kat. I enjoyed this one a lot more than Sid Meier's Pirates! even though that was just an update of this.

Tiger Shark - Was this a Playstation 1 game? I remember going undersea to destroy things (especially geothermal power plants) but I forget anythign above the water.

Vectorman - Didn't everyone who had a Genesis play this one?

Skeleton Krew - I only played this on emulator and lost interest quickly. I probably would have eaten this one up if I played it as a child though.

Soldiers of Fortune - Another emulator-played game I lost interest in quickly.

Revolution X - Few things can quite express the spirit of teenage rebellious fantasy like a rock 'n roll-themed game where you destroy ridiculous entertainment-banning oppressors and even take down a school bus piece by piece. Whenever I hear something about the Hilary Clintons and Jack Thompsons of our world going at it again, I fear the formation of the NON.

The Ooze - Now this was awesome. I never did finish this though...

Mutant League Hockey - I hope this isn't that obscure...

Lethal Enforcers - Heheh, remember when in lightgun shooters the only direction you moved was sideways? XD

King of the Monsters - Which version? If memory serves me right, on the Genesis it was a wrestling game; on the SNES it was more like a low-rate Streets of Rage clone. The sequel was more like a fighting game though. That's if my memory is correct.

General Chaos - My very first and all-time favorite RTS game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Exo-Squad - I ate this game up as a kid, but playing it again left my stomach churning.

Dinosaurs for Hire - I loved it as a child but haven't gotten to trying it again.

Doom Troopers: Mutant Chronicles - Bwahaha, I remember the screams and gore...and vomiting boss.

Bangai-O - I never did beat that final boss...

Sugoi Herebeke - Random Japanese-named ROMs, oh joy!

Zoop - I liked it when I first played it, but now...meh.

Blast Corps - Wasn't this on the N64? Or was there really an SNES one?

Swordquest - I have this on my Atari Anthology for PS2. I was gonna get around to finishing it, but never did...

Jife_Jifremok
Mar 6, 2008, 12:42 AM
And now for some games that I've played that I doubt any of you have. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Culdcept - Collectible Card Games melged with Monopoly for an awesome strategy board game/card game/strategy RPG hybrid. I'll bet it's gonna remain in obscurity despite being localized by Namco and on XBox 360.

Carnage Heart - As a responsible employee of some heartless corporation, it is your job to negotiate with weapons and software companies for blueprints, manage assembly lines that build squads of unmanned combat robots, program the robots, and send them off into battle against the unmanned combat robots built and programmed by the enemy corporation.
Broken Helix - I bought it for mega cheap and still have't played it. One of these days...(so does this one count?)

Robo Pit - This game is pretty much Armored Core for retards. I'm sure it predated AC by a little while, but that doesn't excuse it from sucking.

Starflight - Explore the vast reaches of space in search of new worlds for your kind to colonize, and hopefully solve the mystery that's causing the suns of each solar system to solar-flare and destroy all life. Negotiate with aliens and mine the planets for resources to upgrade your ship...wait, did you just say Star Control 2 kicks this game's ass? Well, that's pretty much true. But I didn't know about Star Control until long after I've beaten this game!

King's Field - Excellent (for its time) first-person exploration RPG series that kept things simple. It has the best magic effects I've seen in any game to date, and also the best one-handed sword designs. I've only seen three other King's Field fans outside the Agetec forums. 'Nuff said.

Shadow Tower - From the makes of King's Field comes what is essentially King's Field: Really Evil Edition. Darker atmosphere, far more dangerous monsters, and a weapon durability system combined with needing HP to repair items, that makes "ammo" resources seem more scarce than they were in Resident Evil! No wonder this remained obscure, aye? It's just not King's Field.

EchoNight - Also from the King's Field guys, a decent...uh...first-person adventure game with NO combat whatsoever! Pretty light on the horror, but it still made me reach for the lights...but maybe because I can't fight the ghosts.

Battletech - This was a pretty cool Genesis game at the time. I played this on Genesis; I hope there's an SNES version that would allow Robotron-style controls since the Genesis controller simply does not cut it here.

Herzog Zwei - A mix of action and strategy: Strategy in that you had to capture bases and build units (with basic commands like Patrol, Attack, and Defend), action in that you must actively participate in battle as a plane-mech transforming vehicle to defend your units and bases (if they needed defending), destroy enemy units (if they're proving too much a nuisance), and fight against the enemy commander whose vehicle is just like yours.

Future Cop: LAPD - Two games in one. The normal game is simply a mission-based romp where you DESTROY criminals with your transforming glideything-mech. The "Precinct Assault" game is a dumbed-down version (and/or knockoff?) of Herzog Zwei in 3D.

More to come later!

Ketchup345
Mar 6, 2008, 01:00 AM
On 2008-03-05 21:42, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Future Cop: LAPD - Two games in one. The normal game is simply a mission-based romp where you DESTROY criminals with your transforming glideything-mech. The "Precinct Assault" game is a dumbed-down version (and/or knockoff?) of Herzog Zwei in 3D.I loved the multiplayer in this game.

One game I think maybe a few people here played, but is still rare is the Lunar series.

astuarlen
Mar 6, 2008, 01:00 AM
Games no one else has played? Gee, not a lot, I bet. I remember playing several mediocre point-and-click games on the computer when I was but a wee lass, but alas, I can't recall their names. I guess I hope no one else played those.

I have played The Incredible Machine, though, and so did everyone at my grade school, I believe. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_clown.gif
Abdur's post reminded me of all the weird/terrible things I found amusing as a kid (could I be the only one here who, as a child, found Microsoft Excel the most fascinating thing ever? I mean, GRAPHS! Sweet! Anyone?, and now I'm thinking of this one piece of software/game(?) from which I only remember one thing: Lookalot grows hair in the middle of nowhere at night. Don't think I'll be sleeping tonight for want of a title. Does anyone else remember such a thing? I think there were also bananas and grapes involved.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astuarlen on 2008-03-05 22:03 ]</font>

Itsuki
Mar 6, 2008, 01:17 AM
On 2008-03-05 18:32, Artea wrote:
http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Pirates_Gold_GEN_ScreenShot1.jpg

I doubt anyone's played this gem. I was hooked when Sega Channel was still around, and ended up buying it from Funcoland when Suburban Cable discontinued the service.

You know, I've never played it, but I've been in the room while people were playing it. You have to consider though, the only real thing making that game obscure is the age. I mean, its the 2nd game in a 3 game series. Which has graced Dos, Mac, Nes, Genesis, Windows, and Xbox.

But to add to the conversation. I doubt anyone has played Dragon Shadow Spell. Its a turn based strategy rpg by Flight Plan (the people that make the Summon Night series). Its actually much like their other strategy rpg's under the summon night name. But its known for its very flashy special moves ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rsct30nIV28 ), and very anime cutscenes ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=G8fWe7VpIzk )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2008-03-05 22:22 ]</font>

darkante
Mar 6, 2008, 01:37 AM
Space Raiders on the Gamecube.

Itīs a interesting shooting kinda game.
Really hard but then again if you die.. you have infinite lives but your current score will be taken away.
So basicly..only a game if you like breaking scores and want to shoot some aliens.

P.N 03 on the Gamecube.
Action game.

Itīs a little strange game where you run around, shooting down robots with your hands which can fire plasma.
The power of the plasma will depend on which suit you put on and how much you upgrade.
Besides that you have some specials that can fire really big plasma beams and stuff.

Really fun game and require good manouvers on Hard mode even with best suit.

Nai_Calus
Mar 6, 2008, 02:27 AM
On 2008-03-05 20:12, AlexCraig wrote:

Played it and every other Sailor Moon game for the SFC ever known to man(Some of the puzzle games were pretty good), also through ROMs. Also some Genesis side-scrolling fighter.

I know I'm not the only one who played Mickey Mouse and the Castle of Illusion on the Genesis, since it was someone else's Genesis and their copy of the game, but nobody ever seems to have heard of it that I've mentioned it to.

Do MUDs count? Nobody but the person who introduced me to it seems to have played on Aardwolf, either.

Syl
Mar 6, 2008, 02:50 AM
I've never known anyone who played Emperor: Battle for Dune (it was like Dune 2000, but with waaaaaay better graphics) for PC.

Incoming! is another. You control different types of aircrafts to fight off aliens who are invading the planet. It came packed in with my PC back in '99. I think it was ported for Dreamcast too... but I never played the DC version. Had a pretty good soundtrack.

A semi-obscure game for the Sega Saturn: Sonic Jam. It has like all the Genesis Sonic games and a bunch of extras (concept art, commercials, etc.)

BlaizeYES
Mar 6, 2008, 02:51 AM
http://www.tinyeinsteins.com/treasure_cove_cd.html

played the SHIT out of that. what can i say, i love the ocean

Sexy_Raine
Mar 6, 2008, 03:14 AM
An Obscure game for the PS2 by the name of "Obscure". http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Indigo Prophecy(great game).
A PS3 game called Heavy Rain, is being made by the same company. It at was first shown when PS3 was first previewed. I'm waiting for more info on it.

An SNES game called Shanghai, also know as Mah Jongg.
I played mag jongg years before I first played it on a computer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wizards and Warriors, NES (LOL, that's all I have to say about this)

Bugs bunny's Crazy castle, NES. (I'm sure it was pretty obscure, even back then)

Decap Attack,Geneies (it was a platformer that cameout before Sonic)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-03-06 00:39 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Mar 6, 2008, 03:24 AM
Terranigma
Princess Crown
Ys IV, Ys V (Super Famicom)
Pulseman
MonsterWorld IV

Syl
Mar 6, 2008, 03:43 AM
On 2008-03-06 00:14, Sexy_Raine wrote:

I loved that game lol

darkante
Mar 6, 2008, 04:05 AM
An Obscure game for the PS2 by the name of "Obscure". http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

A PS3 game called Heavy Rain, is being made by the same company. It at was first shown when PS3 was first previewed. I'm waiting for more info on it.

An SNES game called Shanghai, also know as Mah Jongg.
I played mag jongg years before I first played it on a computer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Bugs bunny's Crazy castle, NES. (I'm sure it was pretty obscure, even back then)

Decap Attack,Geneies (it was a platformer that cameout before Sonic)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-03-06 00:39 ]</font>

Obscure is a pretty creepy game.
Pretty fun from what i tried a bit at least.
Flashlight will be the enemies doom! LOL!

And man Wizard and Warriors is a hard game.
You jump around, not knowing where the hell to go most of the time.

zentetsua
Mar 6, 2008, 06:59 AM
games i've played:
secret of evermore (own)
slave 0
brute force
FFMQ
rpg maker 1 (ps1)
pirates gold (sega channel)
vectorman
the ooze
ys 3 or 4 (snes)
comix zone (sega gen)
ristar (sega gen)
pugsy(sega gen)own
wild 9 (ps1)
land stalker (sega gen)own
monopoly (sega gen)own
well...that's my list for now, will update later but now sleep b cause up since 7amish til now...ZZZZZ.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 6, 2008, 09:18 AM
Huh, Future Cop: LAPD and Incoming. I was gonna mention those. >_< I still have my Future Cop disk lying around, I think.

A couple of mine: Metal Fatigue (PC). It's an RTS where you raise an army and such, but the main units are giant robots (along with fighters and tanks). You'd set up the assembly bay, select what kind of arms, legs, and torso you wanted, then gave the whole shebang a pilot and had them stomp and smash stuff. You could get more parts through research or hacking off an opponent's limb, bringing it back, and studying it to make yourself. Then you could use the part after it was researched normally. In fights with all 3 factions, it's pretty easy to end up having bots that look like a Frankenstein-ish mashup of parts. Too bad the AI cheats. >_<

2) Erm....am I the only one who played the X-wing and TIE Fighter (DOS, biznatches!) games here? You basically were a pilot for w/e faction was in the game, and you flew missions that followed the movie plot and expanded on some other points (such as defending the rebels during the Hoth evac). TIE fighter was a bit better due to the new ships introduced (TIE Defender FTW) and it rewarded good pilots by putting them in a "secret society" of sorts.

3) Beyond Good and Evil (PS2): Yeah, you're a reporter and all, but it's one of the few games I played that live up to the "action-adventure" label. I found my copy for 6 bucks, and I'm glad I did.

4) Metal Warriors (SNES): side-scrolling mech game that got pretty fast-paced at times, even with the starting mech. You could also pick up additional shoulder weapons for your mech mid-mission and even get out of it for brief periods (flipping a switch/switching to a mech more suited for the situation).

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there's more, but I'll post them later

Neith
Mar 6, 2008, 09:28 AM
I've played both Incoming and Brute Force. Brute Force was a great laugh multiplayer. Used to play it when I visited a friend's house, I'd play the chick who could turn invisible.

Anyway:
- Burning Road (PSX): This is more like 'I hope none of you have played this'. It blew so much. Terrible, terrible game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

- Front Mission 3 (PSX): Front Mission was always Square-Enix's forgotten franchise. You guys may have played it, but it's really rare in Europe now apparently.

It's tempting to say Zone of the Enders too- just because most people who bought it did so purely for the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo that came with it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif In fact, when I bought it, this happened:

Cashier: "Oh, we don't have any MGS2 demo discs left"
Me: "No problem, I'll buy it anyway"
Cashier: "What? You still wanna buy this?" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I actually got a price reduction on it, just because of the lack of the MGS2 demo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Shame, it's a decent (if a bit too short) game.

amtalx
Mar 6, 2008, 10:20 AM
Slave Zero

I have both the PC and the DC version. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif The DC versions controlls were terrible though.

CelestialBlade
Mar 6, 2008, 10:32 AM
Drakkhen, for SNES. Psuedo-3D environment RPG. Terrible game.

Don't play it, there's one enemy in that game that *still* freaks me the fuck out. I played that game as a kid and it explains every single thing wrong with me.

ngagerebel
Mar 6, 2008, 10:57 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c376/ngagerebel/eternaleblue.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c376/ngagerebel/silverstory.jpg

best rpg games ever!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ngagerebel on 2008-03-06 08:00 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 6, 2008, 12:02 PM
I don't recall the name, but among the unlicensed games on the NES, there was a top-down view adventure game, where you played a Christian missionary, and you had to convert thugs and thieves by pelting them with fruit. It was truly absurd, and indeed, if I knew the name, I might make an attempt to find it, just for the pure silliness of it.

Eihwaz
Mar 6, 2008, 01:00 PM
On 2008-03-06 09:02, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I don't recall the name, but among the unlicensed games on the NES, there was a top-down view adventure game, where you played a Christian missionary, and you had to convert thugs and thieves by pelting them with fruit. It was truly absurd, and indeed, if I knew the name, I might make an attempt to find it, just for the pure silliness of it.

Check Seanbaby, because that sounds positively familiar. I seem to recall reading an article making fun of this same game.

Skuda
Mar 6, 2008, 01:11 PM
I too don't recall the name of a certain NES game that I used to love to play. Twas a sci-fi sidescrolling shooter taking place on some crazy planet. First boss was a helicopter, and I used to love playing it at my cousin's place. If anyone remembers the name of it, I'd give them a dozen e-donuts. Seriously, I haven't met a single soul that knows of the game I talked about.

Powder Keg
Mar 6, 2008, 01:22 PM
On 2008-03-06 07:32, Typheros wrote:

Don't play it, there's one enemy in that game that *still* freaks me the fuck out. I played that game as a kid and it explains every single thing wrong with me.

lmfao...my cousin had that game. Pretty weird...and shitty.

Kylie
Mar 6, 2008, 01:55 PM
I have a bunch of NES and Super NES games that even I can't remember. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif But most of my PS2 games are games people have heard of, I'm certain. Most of them are Greatest Hits or a part of a well-known series.

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2008, 01:56 PM
Over G Fighters on the xbox 360, what a piece of shit that was.

Sayara
Mar 6, 2008, 02:34 PM
Lets see...

Duck Tales, Evolution World, Flinstones (Genesis), VEGAS DREAM (nes)

and among here, i can probably say (and be right)
Pop'n music 7-14/Guitar Freaks|Drummmania V2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Syl
Mar 6, 2008, 03:50 PM
On 2008-03-06 11:34, Sayara wrote:
Guitar Freaks|Drummmania V2

I used to play it when I lived in my old town at an arcade called Nickel Nickel. I was pretty bad at it though lol.

Now I play Guitar Freaks V since I've gotten better at the whole guitar game thing (and it's at my college's arcade so it's a good way to kill some time). I only have two songs that I always play though (since I still haven't heard all the songs yet >_>), Nocturne No. 9 and Black Sheep. I sometimes play BeatMania too. I don't touch Drummania though, I suck at that game >.<

Sexy_Raine
Mar 6, 2008, 03:52 PM
On 2008-03-06 01:05, darkante wrote:

Obscure is a pretty creepy game.
Pretty fun from what i tried a bit at least.
Flashlight will be the enemies doom! LOL!
And man Wizard and Warriors is a hard game.
You jump around, not knowing where the hell to go most of the time.

You know there is an obscure 2 coming out right? From what I checked at GFAQ's, it should be late this month.

I've only remembered the first W&W, and it's one of the only games where I found it hilarious to lose. And that stupid music you hear when your near death. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif . I did beat though, all 7 stages.

On 2008-03-06 00:43, SylviaEspada wrote:

I loved that game lol

Quantum Dream which made Indigo Prophecy is making a new game for the PS3 called "Heavy Rain". Sadly there's little known about it, and I've been waiting months for new information to be released :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-03-06 12:59 ]</font>

Syl
Mar 6, 2008, 04:17 PM
On 2008-03-06 12:52, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Quantum Dream which made Indigo Prophecy is making a new game for the PS3 called "Heavy Rain". Sadly there's little known about it, and I've been waiting months for new information to be released :/

One problem right there for me is PS3 (since I don't really plan on ever buying one) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Calamity
Mar 6, 2008, 04:32 PM
The legend of heroes series for the psp

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 6, 2008, 04:52 PM

Oh dear, I completely forgot about that game. One of the first games I owned for the Xbox was Brute Force. I loved that game.

ABDUR101
Mar 6, 2008, 05:10 PM
Battletech - This was a pretty cool Genesis game at the time. I played this on Genesis; I hope there's an SNES version that would allow Robotron-style controls since the Genesis controller simply does not cut it here.

That game was fucking win. Also, there was a SNES Battletech that was from the cockpit viewpoint, you'd walk around and shoot at enemy mechs, could wade in water to keep your heat down, use jumpjets, etc. Was a fun game, but did it ever get nerve wracking when you were up against some heavier mechs.

Incoming!(and its various sequels) were fun on the PC(before they got console releases).

Comix Zone was harsh, Scrub and I talked about that last night. Awesome at the time though.

Sol; fuck yeah man, Metal Warriors! My local Blockbuster had ONE copy of that for rent, and I had rented it like three weekends in a row. Prometheus was the awesome heavy walker, slow as fuck, could'nt jump but had the ability to build bridges to get it across gaps. It had an awesome main cannon that you could shoot, and then detonate the warheads for a spreadshot, aswell as an extremely powerful flamethrower up-close. Every one of those mechs was so unique and fun, and it even had two-player death match.

Metal Fatigue was actually alot of fun, three different sides, able to design your own units(right down to what each arm weapon had, the legs, the chassis, etc). The underground warfare took forever though if they got trenched in.

Also, there was an obscure puzzle game for the NES, you controlled a little blue fellow I beleive, and every screen had you needing to traverse abit of a maze with various traps and creatures who would attempt to kill you in various ways.

Also, for the record, Master Blaster on the NES. There was also a side-scrolling mech game on the NES, you were in a tall two-legged walker, could blow through buildings and jump, and if necessary you could get out and go through the sewers as your little guy to flip switches to open the path for your mech. Was a fun game.

Also, what was that one NES game, had you as the big fat russian dood throwing fireballs, had you fighting all kinds of monsters and shit. For some reason that game was awesome.

oh, and JAWS! for the NES. =D

*edit*
Ducktales on NES rocked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2008-03-06 14:35 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Mar 6, 2008, 05:29 PM

I guess I'm one of the few who beat it. Tough at first, but became really easy. Didn't like the ending.

On 2008-03-05 23:27, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2008-03-05 20:12, AlexCraig wrote:

Played it and every other Sailor Moon game for the SFC ever known to man(Some of the puzzle games were pretty good), also through ROMs. Also some Genesis side-scrolling fighter.

I know I'm not the only one who played Mickey Mouse and the Castle of Illusion on the Genesis, since it was someone else's Genesis and their copy of the game, but nobody ever seems to have heard of it that I've mentioned it to.

Sailor Moon Another Story was kinda weird since you had to fight all the enemies in the past then you had to do battle with the other five inner senshi counterparts, forgot their names. Sure made a HUGE difference putting chars in the front row and the back row. Could have S Venus do like 9999 dmg in front row and do like 235 dmg in the back row.

Castle of Illusion was actually fun. There is a 2nd game, but I never got my hands on it featured Donald Duck. I think I hated the stage where you were shrunk. (they got a speed run of this on Youtube)

Ducktales was nice for the NES didn't play the 2nd game. I loved the moon stage.

--

Anyone play Little Nemo the Dream Master? (NES)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2008-03-06 14:34 ]</font>

Jehosaphaty
Mar 6, 2008, 06:00 PM
tachyon: the fringe anyone?

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 6, 2008, 06:22 PM
"What the-? That's the roof of the Sistine Chapel!"

Tachyon's my second favorite space shooter, right after Freespace 2.

And Nitro was my fave Metal Warriors 'mech, versatile and quick when I needed it to be.

Now, there's one that I thought of I played with my best friend often. It was an arcade-style beat-em-up that featured robots, and you could select different arms, legs, and torsos to change your stats and special moves. You basically went through and beat up other robots, and if you lost your arm somehow, you could rip off an opponent's arm and take it for yourself. To this day, though, I have no freaking clue what it's called. It was on Sega Channel the same time Zombies Ate My Neighbors was on, if that helps.

Skuda
Mar 6, 2008, 06:32 PM
I have found out the name of the game I was trying to remember in my previous post.

Journey to Silius for the NES.

To add to the list, Startropics for the NES.

Both bloody awesome games.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 6, 2008, 06:50 PM
On 2008-03-06 15:32, Skuda wrote:
To add to the list, Startropics for the NES.

Both bloody awesome games.

That was one of the one family games we had. StarTropics, even my parents liked it. I don't think anyone has part 2, we still do somewhere.

On 2008-03-05 17:45, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
Phantasy Star Online.

You're sure nobody else has played that?

I have some budget clearance last chance $5 PS2 game with some kinda spaceship sled that you can make your own tracks in. Don't even remember the name.

zentetsua
Mar 6, 2008, 07:21 PM
to add 2 my list
gyromite (nes)
dbz ultimate battle 22+5 (ps1)
ikari warriors 1 (nes) own
DDR 1 (ps1)
mendle palace (nes) own
lagoon (snes) own
xexyz [zeck-sis] (nes) own
to the earth (nes) own
rad racer 1 (nes)
rad racer 2 (nes) own
ghostbusters (nes) own
marble madness (nes) own
yoshi (nes)
that will do it for now...until i post more!
i forgot about duck tales =_=;
and cronotrigger [import] (super famicom)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zentetsua on 2008-03-06 16:25 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Mar 6, 2008, 07:25 PM
On 2008-03-06 14:29, Sharkyland wrote:

I guess I'm one of the few who beat it. Tough at first, but became really easy. Didn't like the ending.

I beat it (somehow, after being killed like 90 times by the water prince) but that red silhouette woman thing in the desert that made that *terrible* sound gave me nightmares for *years*. To this DAY I cannot walk into the desert area of that game without just wanting to turn the game off. Freakiest enemy in any game, ever.

KodiaX987
Mar 6, 2008, 07:32 PM
Oooh, I did play Teddy Boy! And X-Wing VS TIE Fighter too.

So let's raise the ante with... Cloud Master for the Sega Master System.

ABDUR101
Mar 6, 2008, 08:43 PM
On 2008-03-06 15:22, Sol_B4dguy wrote:
Now, there's one that I thought of I played with my best friend often. It was an arcade-style beat-em-up that featured robots, and you could select different arms, legs, and torsos to change your stats and special moves. You basically went through and beat up other robots, and if you lost your arm somehow, you could rip off an opponent's arm and take it for yourself. To this day, though, I have no freaking clue what it's called. It was on Sega Channel the same time Zombies Ate My Neighbors was on, if that helps.

Cyborg Justice it was, and yeah it was fun co-op.

Tachyon was fun aswell, though I never really got into it.

Wyndham
Mar 6, 2008, 08:51 PM
Super Bomberman 2
Goemon's Great Adventure
Dazzeloids

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 6, 2008, 08:59 PM
On 2008-03-06 17:43, ABDUR101 wrote:

Now, there's one that I thought of I played with my best friend often. It was an arcade-style beat-em-up that featured robots, and you could select different arms, legs, and torsos to change your stats and special moves. You basically went through and beat up other robots, and if you lost your arm somehow, you could rip off an opponent's arm and take it for yourself. To this day, though, I have no freaking clue what it's called.

Awesome game, somehow ended up on one of those back page of EGM Seanbaby stinker lists mention, that bastard.

I remember posting about the difficulty of the 1p mode, especially when you played it 2p and someone got stuck too far left on the map during a huge chasm long jump, then you'd respawn and fall into the hole until all your lives were gone.

Also those offscreen laser cheapo bosses.

This was in some other old PSOW topic and someone said they did manage to finish the game. leet.

-Gungrave Overdose,
don't think too many people bought this sequel. Also suffers from some really stupid difficulty spike in this boss fight with robot turret tanks. Damn impossible to finish fight, this crap.

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2008, 09:32 PM
Tetris LIVE.
I only found females on that game, so serious. lol.

And Gauntlet for Xbox.....it would take so long to even find one other person online...

Blue-Hawk
Mar 6, 2008, 09:39 PM
Got a couple of NES classics that NO one probably played.
Faxanadu
Dungeon Magic

And an arcade one-
Gaiapolis.

Sayara
Mar 6, 2008, 10:46 PM
Shoot! Someone played Gitado! but i bet you never played
Futari ha Precure Arienaai Yume no Kuni ha Daimeikyuu

ahh weeaboo nameee! Actually despite how goddamned girly it is, its actually a good concept for a platformer/puzzler.

Collect 8 items in a time limit, you have no lives but every hit deducts 10 seconds from your score. You have to alternate/control 2 people!

Monochrome
Mar 6, 2008, 11:20 PM
Lunar: SSS (though it has been previously mentioned a couple times)... I just love this game to death.. I'm just mentioning it to mention it.

remembered another couple obscure ones I played as a kid...

Wardner for Sega Genesis. You play this stubby Frodo magician kid who runs through the forest swinging on vines and casting magic and fighting ghosts that have duck heads... and dammit it was hard, in a not-quite-but-almost ghosts and goblins kind of way.. need to ebay this..

anyone play Typing of the Dead... I'm guessing it's a possibility since alot of people here were probably playin the original PSO on dcast, and most likely had the dang keyboard already.

Caveman Games for the NES. Don't know why I rented this as a kid... bunch of minigames (foot races, she-caveman distance throwing, etc..) mildly amusing. I'd pick it up for a couple bucks if I found it at a swapmeet.

Stinger for the NES. An early Konami shooter that featured both horizontal and vertical scrolling levels, and had awesome bosses like a kitchen sink, a slice-o-watermelon and a gimpy octopus that poops his legs off at you. Oh and you fight alot of coathangers, and bomb people's houses that mysteriously turn into skulls or big wads of cash. I bought this game because a really hot girl said she loved that game as a kid. Sad..

Jeopardy Jr. for the NES. For those too slow to play regular Jeopardy? Needless to say...I logged quite a few hours. ...

ABDUR101
Mar 6, 2008, 11:27 PM
Oh Hell yeah, Caveman Games. haha, I liked the Starting a Fire one though, fucking rubbing sticks together as fast as you could, HELLO BLISTERS! And your reward? The sticks you were rubbing together combust and you get singed!

Sinue_v2
Mar 7, 2008, 01:17 AM
On 2008-03-06 12:52, Sexy_Raine wrote:

On 2008-03-06 00:43, SylviaEspada wrote:

I loved that game lol

Hopefully it doesn't turn out anything at all like Indigo Prophecy. I don't even see how anyone can call that mess an actual game. If you don't own it, I'll save you the trouble. Get a copy of the Matrix. Get a Simon Says. Play the Simon Says while watching the Matrix. If you mess up the Simon Says, hit Chapter Back button on the DVD remote. There, you have Indigo Prophecy. It's a new age "Dragon Lair", really.

The choice you are presented with are hollow, and none of them actually affect the storyline in any significant way. A bit of dialog changes, and the reasonings for the characters actions change, but it's promise of allowing the player to make choices is about as overhyped as Fables, and delivers even less so. Live? Die? It doesn't matter, they'll be written out of the storyline anyhow. The only time your actions have any say in the outcome of the game is in the last 30 mins or so before the ending.

For a game which calls itself an Adventure, there is a vastly underwhelming selection of puzzles - and the narrative is very inconsistent. It starts off with some real promise, introducing us to what could be a potentially deep storyline of Mayan prophecy and mysticism. Playing the role of both hunter and hunted, working against yourself as you try to keep both characters balanced on a delicate precipice of evasion and discovery. But it's wasted when, at the critical time (IMO, the museum scene), the storyline takes a nosedive into stupid-ville and any hope of a mature and well thought out storyline vanished in a blaze of Goku-esque super powers provided by alien artifacts and AI. And I still don't understand how the love affair between Lucas and Carla formed. There wasn't even so much as a segway or block of text explaining what happened in those three months... or that three had even passed! WTF?

To say nothing of the horrid "stealth" scenarios.

A much better game (though still pretty bad due to the 1995'ish control scheme) which was released about the same time was Still Life, a somewhat-sequel to Post Mortem in which you're playing an FBI agent tracking down a Jack-the-Ripper-esque copycat murder that mirrors a case her grandfather worked on years ago. At the very least it had much more graphic nudity than Indigo Prophecy. Of course, the only nudes were the bloody, eviscerated corpses...

So... uh... yeah, to stay on topic. Still Life is a game I played that I doubt many other's have.

Xefi
Mar 7, 2008, 02:00 AM
i dont think many people ever played Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen for the ps1 before. I played that game long ago and love it; its a real classic to me.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 7, 2008, 02:06 AM
On 2008-03-06 17:43, ABDUR101 wrote:

Tachyon was fun aswell, though I never really got into it.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif THAT'S WHAT IT WAS! Now to add it to my, er, "historical" archives.

I raise your previous games with: Vortex (SNES). Super FX thing that had you playing as a mech that could turn into a plane, car, mecha-turtle, or robot at will, and you had to balance your fuel and health. Some rail-shooting stuff, but a lot of free-roaming killing and underground puzzles.

Itsuki
Mar 7, 2008, 02:16 AM
On 2008-03-06 23:00, RubySion wrote:
i dont think many people ever played Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen for the ps1 before. I played that game long ago and love it; its a real classic to me.

You mean Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen for the SNES http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Some people hate it, some people love it. Its sequel, Tactics Ogre for SNES also is like the original that so many of the newer strategy RPGs are based off of.

Either way, its a classic on SNES, its a port of a classic on PS http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2008-03-06 23:17 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 7, 2008, 03:15 AM
Agree with Indigo Prophecy not being super awesome/genre defining. It wrapped up way too quickly with nonsense, including a big unsolved cliffhanger of dead, re-animated by computer monster entities Lucas, still walks the earth in that disheveled state - able to procreate and produce offspring when he's an ice cold-no breath corpse?!

Also a big choice I made of not succumbing to Tyler's girlfriend's out of nowhere want to just go run away to Florida, dropping your police career and the big case. But when you do choose that path, you just lose 80% of your emotional stamina and never get to use that guy the rest of the game. They just dropped him out of the story.
-

Battle Chess for NES, anyone ever play that?
Haven't seen chess games like that before. Soo many Pawns being man-handled by every other piece.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2008-03-07 00:16 ]</font>

SmurfALMIGHTY
Mar 7, 2008, 04:48 AM

Regarded as one of those over-over-over-over-hyped games that basically blew ass, I remember getting the game and being suckered into it along and I returned it after it was beat it was a decent idea done bad nonetheless. It's definitely up there with the State Of Emergency Over-Hype. Doesn't really matter if they make a shitty sequel of halo or not, it just has that fan base to back it up regardless. I still regard halo 3 as a terrible sequel imo they made it less competitive and basically turned into a whoever shoots first wins in a fight kind of deal where skill doesn't outrank the fact that you hold R and use AA. In the end I prefer Halo 1 if it ever had live support and not XBC/Gamespy/Xlink, Halo > Halo 2> Halo3 The single player in Halo 1 rocked as well.

Syl
Mar 7, 2008, 06:02 AM
I remember playing this one Yoshi puzzle game for the SNES.

I think it was called Yoshi's Cookie or something. I didn't even remember it until right now lol

Sayara
Mar 7, 2008, 07:58 AM
Match a row of cookies right?

Loved that game *o*

That and the puzzler Yoshi were heavenly awesome

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sayara on 2008-03-07 04:58 ]</font>

Frana
Mar 7, 2008, 05:10 PM
On 2008-03-06 20:27, ABDUR101 wrote:
Oh Hell yeah, Caveman Games. haha, I liked the Starting a Fire one though, fucking rubbing sticks together as fast as you could, HELLO BLISTERS! And your reward? The sticks you were rubbing together combust and you get singed!

Nestalgia! Go Nes! I loved this game as a kid.

Wyndham
Mar 7, 2008, 05:11 PM
On 2008-03-06 18:39, Blue-Hawk wrote:
Got a couple of NES classics that NO one probably played.
Faxanadu
Dungeon Magic

And an arcade one-
Gaiapolis.

I played Faxanadu.

ABDUR101
Mar 7, 2008, 06:37 PM
On 2008-03-06 23:06, Sol_B4dguy wrote:
I raise your previous games with: Vortex (SNES). Super FX thing that had you playing as a mech that could turn into a plane, car, mecha-turtle, or robot at will, and you had to balance your fuel and health. Some rail-shooting stuff, but a lot of free-roaming killing and underground puzzles.

No, I played Vortex aswell. That was a single weekend rental, as the game kinda lost its luster. It was neat playing in 3D, going up on top of giant cubed 'buildings'. It was a neat test-run of what the SNES could do with the SFX chip, considering it was all done on 16bit.

Demon's Crest for the SNES, I think it was abit of an under-rated title at the time because of Ghouls and Ghosts and Castlevania sort of stealing the lime-light, but that game was awesome. You're a demon imprisoned in the demon world, when you were over-thrown. You break out, and embark on a quest to gather all your powers back(which were divided amongst the demon's who conspired to take you down). You had various forms to take, such as a water form for underwater swimming/breathing and water attacks. A strong, hulking form that gave you the ability to smash large objects(Ground element), Air form which gave you massive wings and the ability to ascend/descend as high as you wanted(and to fly through strong winds). Then there was an ultimate form.

Add in various trinkets to give you different abilities and spells to buy for casting magic or summoning. You'd even go into a fly-mode to get around the world map(trying to land at various landmarks on the 2D plane below you was cool, as you could find areas).

Kinda sad that I remember some of my childhood gaming, but alot of the games I just can't remember their names; and that is quite frustrating! Though its cool to read through a thread like this and have someone else mention something, then you get a flood of memories and go "oohhhh shit yeah!".

KaneKahn
Mar 7, 2008, 07:25 PM
On 2008-03-05 18:40, ABDUR101 wrote
G-Nome

No wai. G-Nome, is like my favorite game of all time if I was a game designer I'd make a sequel. What was your favorite vehicle? Mine was the Merc Hover, win through superior speed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 7, 2008, 07:30 PM
Demon's Crest makes me sad I no longer have an SNES. >_< I never did beat the secret boss you could fight after clearing the game with all the items and getting the "real" ending.

Here's a mildly advertised PC one called Evolva. You had four "Genohunters" and you went through areas with them to cleanse a parasite that was eating the planet you were on. Killing the creatures allowed you to absorb their DNA, which you could then use to mutate new weaponry or enhance their stats with. Puzzles mainly came in the form of getting "binary explosives" together to destroy enemy "structures". Your guys started off kinda plain, but they started growing some wicked spikes and stuff as you got more DNA to mutate with. I've yet to find anyone else who played this, sadly.

ABDUR101
Mar 7, 2008, 09:18 PM
On 2008-03-07 16:25, KaneKahn wrote:
No wai. G-Nome, is like my favorite game of all time if I was a game designer I'd make a sequel. What was your favorite vehicle? Mine was the Merc Hover, win through superior speed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I've always enjoyed anything well-armored and powerful, in G-nome it was the Scorp Widowmaker and Scorpion HAWCS.

zentetsua
Mar 7, 2008, 11:24 PM
i'm pretty sure no1 has played seventh cross evolution (dc) right?
I 4got, i own caveman games and i agree w/ u ppl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif fire starting...ouch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zentetsua on 2008-03-07 20:26 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Mar 7, 2008, 11:47 PM
On 2008-03-06 20:20, Monochrome wrote:
anyone play Typing of the Dead... I'm guessing it's a possibility since alot of people here were probably playin the original PSO on dcast, and most likely had the dang keyboard already.NEver played, but I heard of it.

On 2008-03-06 20:27, ABDUR101 wrote:
Oh Hell yeah, Caveman Games. haha, I liked the Starting a Fire one though, fucking rubbing sticks together as fast as you could, HELLO BLISTERS! And your reward? The sticks you were rubbing together combust and you get singed!I think I remember seeing that in a gaming mag when I was younger.

Nai_Calus
Mar 8, 2008, 12:00 AM
Ahahaha, Typing of the dead ftw.

Oh yeah. I know what you biznitches haven't played.

Para Para Paradise, the least masculine game ever. I'm pretty sure that my half sister's beloved Barbie Magic Hairstyler was less girly than PPP. The home controller is hilarious. The box is hot pink with hibiscus flowers. The BUBBLEWRAP surrounding the controller is hot pink. The controller itself consists of five connected hot pink flower-shaped sensor pods. There's a placement guide for aligning them correctly on the floor, which has hibiscus flowers printed in purple on yellow paper. It's hilarious.

Anyone like Keyboardmania? :<

Syl
Mar 8, 2008, 12:58 AM
On 2008-03-07 21:00, Ian-KunX wrote:
Anyone like Keyboardmania? :<

That used to be at my arcade, but since no one played it, it got replaced by Dance Maniax though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

And as for ParaParaParadise, although I haven't played it, I have seen a cabinet and people playing it at the Anime Expo in Long Beach last year lol.

Nai_Calus
Mar 8, 2008, 02:49 AM
I've only seen one arcade that had it. :< And that's in Arkansas, rofl, I live in Cali. (Lived in Memphis at the time, heh, still too far of a drive even then. And this was five years ago.)

Unfortunately it was next to the DDR machine... XD;

KaneKahn
Mar 8, 2008, 04:22 AM
On 2008-03-07 18:18, ABDUR101 wrote:

On 2008-03-07 16:25, KaneKahn wrote:

I've always enjoyed anything well-armored and powerful, in G-nome it was the Scorp Widowmaker and Scorpion HAWCS.

Heavy Assaults, Sentry, and Tactical Defense HAWCs? Those are bad against me, I can literally just kill those with my machine gun did it all the time in online play. Sigh I miss that online play because I always used Mercs, you know extra speed and armor but no auto eject, made things funner.

SubstanceD
Mar 8, 2008, 07:17 AM
On 2008-03-06 07:57, ngagerebel wrote:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c376/ngagerebel/eternaleblue.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c376/ngagerebel/silverstory.jpg

best rpg games ever!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ngagerebel on 2008-03-06 08:00 ]</font>

I wouldn't call the PS1 Lunar games obscure since they have a cult following but I guess they were ignored by most if not casual gamers. Awesome games, defenetly the most fun I have ever had playing an rpg.

Most of my obscure games come from the NES period, some of which are soo obscure I can't name them since I don't know what they are called although I do remember what it was like to play these games.

NES

Rescue Embassy Mission
Rolling Thunder
Heavy Barrel
Little Nemo: The Dream Master
Battletoads & Double Dragon

SNES

Parodius

ABDUR101
Mar 8, 2008, 01:29 PM
NES Rescue Rangers bitches!

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 8, 2008, 01:34 PM
I own Faxanadu and NES rescue rangers, both of them

How about for NES... Monster Party, Dino Rikki, Rad Gravity... those were some of my favorites
I could do Intellivision, but that's almost unfair.

THE JACKEL

Weeaboolits
Mar 8, 2008, 01:37 PM
On 2008-03-08 04:17, SubstanceD wrote:
Double DragonI wouldn't call that one obscure by any stretch, it even had its own animated series, it must've been at least somewhat popular.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZJcJTs9NUl4

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-03-08 10:39 ]</font>

KaneKahn
Mar 8, 2008, 06:35 PM
I've got another one Commander Blood. An old DOS game that was basically a gigantic puzzle to put your ship back together by completing tasks to get currency to exchange for parts what not.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 8, 2008, 07:24 PM
Wait, how could I miss all the G-nome stuff floating about? I liked the Scorp faction myself, kinda had just the right aesthetic for me.

Poncho_Jr
Mar 8, 2008, 08:54 PM
On 2008-03-05 20:11, CupOfCoffee wrote:

Zoop for SNES was a terrible game that I hope nobody else has ever subjected themselves to.

Omg!!!! I played Zoop before!!! D:...
But the only thing I like about it was the music. lulz...

Oh yeah here's the games...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/81/Tetris_Attack_box_art.jpg/250px-Tetris_Attack_box_art.jpg
http://www.mario64.nl/pokemon_puzzle_league.jpg
http://www.sivph.com/games/puzzlechallenge.jpg

Yes... I am a Tetris fiend. =/

Poncho_Jr
Mar 8, 2008, 09:02 PM
Might as well add more to the list...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0b/Ctr_boxart.png/256px-Ctr_boxart.png
IF... anyone has ever played this before. This and Mario Kart are on two different levels.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/6f/250px-Vigilante_8_Second_Offense_Coverart.jpg
Better than Twisted Metal in my opinion...

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/pokemonroms0/images/pokemonsnap.jpg
Teehee!!!

Saner
Mar 8, 2008, 10:43 PM
The Guardian Legend
(so good it doesn't need a sequel)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guardian_Legend

Shockman
(the only MM-style game that has co-op.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shockman

Bleach Blade Battlers 2nd

http://image1.play-asia.com/640/5g/pa.98450.4.jpg

(just kiddin') http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-r-49-en-70-23yq.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2008-03-08 19:44 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Mar 8, 2008, 10:51 PM
Actually, a game I used to love when I was very, very, young was Goblins. Made by Sierra, I believe. I only played the first one.

Syl
Mar 8, 2008, 11:02 PM
On 2008-03-08 17:54, Poncho_Jr wrote:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/81/Tetris_Attack_box_art.jpg/250px-Tetris_Attack_box_art.jpg

I played those <.< (and Vigilante 8 2nd too lol)

Nitro Vordex
Mar 8, 2008, 11:06 PM
The rest of the Gamecube games.
Seriously, you had to work hard to find a remotley good game without gagging on the fun kids factor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 8, 2008, 11:50 PM
On 2008-03-08 20:02, SylviaEspada wrote:

On 2008-03-08 17:54, Poncho_Jr wrote:

I played those <.< (and Vigilante 8 2nd too lol)

if you like those and have a DS, the game to get is Planet Puzzle League. Same game, you can use the touch screen, and it has online play. I love it, and I've had like 10 minute matches with people, it's good.

THE JACKEL

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 8, 2008, 11:57 PM
This is a video game forum with a higher than likely # of import/animu freaks but I remember playing someone's gold disc copy of Vampire Hunter D, possibly nobody played that.

Don't remember much besides wall jumping in some generic mansion hallways though. Like Devil May Cry, only a bit worse.

Poncho_Jr
Mar 8, 2008, 11:57 PM
Oh wow... I didn't expect many people like the Tetris Attack, or whatever you wanna call it franchise. Planet Puzzle Legaue sounds nice, cause it'd be fun to get some good competition around here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
That's a game witha replay value of 11/10.

darkante
Mar 9, 2008, 01:04 AM
On 2008-03-08 18:02, Poncho_Jr wrote:
Might as well add more to the list...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0b/Ctr_boxart.png/256px-Ctr_boxart.png
IF... anyone has ever played this before. This and Mario Kart are on two different levels.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/6f/250px-Vigilante_8_Second_Offense_Coverart.jpg
Better than Twisted Metal in my opinion...

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/pokemonroms0/images/pokemonsnap.jpg
Teehee!!!

Yeah i had Crash Team Racing some years ago.
Itīs really fun using those eletrics things to take lead haha. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
The other Crash racing games just isnt as fun IMO.=/

KaneKahn
Mar 9, 2008, 02:21 AM
On 2008-03-08 16:24, Sol_B4dguy wrote:
Wait, how could I miss all the G-nome stuff floating about? I liked the Scorp faction myself, kinda had just the right aesthetic for me.

My problem with the HAWCs is when someone has a treaded or hover. Why I never used them because I got so good with the Hovers I could just kill HAWCs with my machine gun.

SubstanceD
Mar 9, 2008, 07:20 AM
On 2008-03-08 10:37, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

Double DragonI wouldn't call that one obscure by any stretch, it even had its own animated series, it must've been at least somewhat popular.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-03-08 10:39 ]</font>

You've miss-quoted me. I did not say Double Dragon ( surely everyone from the 8 bit erra knows Double Dragon ), I said Battletoads and Double Dragon, it's 1 game, a crossover between the 2 franchises. I'm guessing the fact that you posted this reply proves that you've never heard of it so surely it counts as obscure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2008-03-09 06:09 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Mar 9, 2008, 11:18 AM
Battletoads and Double Dragon, interesting game. I remember seeing that on the rental shelf and going "...wait..are these doods from the same game.."

Kid Icarus from the NES was a well-known game right? Oh! Adventure of Lolo was the game I mentioned before! hahah, ah, shit..hello nostalgia.

Frana
Mar 9, 2008, 08:52 PM
Vigilante 8 fans, unite! God I loved the music and specials in those games. (Bass Quake!)

Seira7
Mar 9, 2008, 09:53 PM
I could post obscure roms and such, but feel like I should limit my list to actual games I own:

Linkle Liver Story - Saturn. I think it was supposed to be called River Story, but something got lost in the translation. Kind of short but fun and cute.

Sengoku Turb - Dreamcast. I cant decide if this game sucks or if Im obsessed with it. True to the title I s'pose...
Napple Tale - Dreamcast. Really nice soundtrack/graphics.

Community Pom - PS1 - I love this game! And no, its not Community PORN. its POM!
Umihara Kawase Shun ps1- I still have the cool sticker from this import! Im guessing someone else has played it here though...

All of the above were imports, but import friendly as far as figuring out menus/story and such.

As for english games, the only kind-of-obscure ones I have are for the ps2:
Dual Hearts
Technic Beat

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seira7 on 2008-03-09 19:57 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Mar 10, 2008, 01:09 AM
On 2008-03-09 05:20, SubstanceD wrote:

On 2008-03-08 10:37, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

You've miss-quoted me. I did not say Double Dragon ( surely everyone from the 8 bit erra knows Double Dragon ), I said Battletoads and Double Dragon, it's 1 game, a crossover between the 2 franchises. I'm guessing the fact that you posted this reply proves that you've never heard of it so surely it counts as obscure.Ah, I suppose so then, I thought you were listing them seperately. >.>;

Oh, well, it reminded me that show existed if that counts for anything.

eXo
Mar 10, 2008, 03:33 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps/action/criticom/index.html

And another gamne on jaguar caled kasumi ninja.

Jife_Jifremok
Mar 10, 2008, 06:01 AM
And now, some more obscure games I played...

Iron Sword: Wizards and Warriors II (NES);
Wizards and Warriors III: Kuros - Visions to Power (NES). Yes, the piece of crap that Raine mentioned actually had two sequels. Acorn Head had retained his silly fighting style, though in W&WIII he transforms into different classes (knight, thief, wizard). I remember actually completing the third game as a child. I was quite masochistic back then.

Castle of Deceit (NES): I'm pretty sure this game was inliscensed. You're some lady in a nightgown shooting things with magic. If you're out of lives "you have been deceived".

The Adventures of Captain Comic (NES): Unlicensed. Very difficult sidescrolling platformer. The music was ripped off from various classical songs.

Turrican (Genesis): Perhaps you've played Super Turrican on the SuperNES or Mega Turrican on the Megadrive (har har, very funny with the names). But the original(?), unlicensed Turrican actually had a very different feel from what were probably the sequels. No plot (that I knew of), the guy just ran around shooting stuff and dying really fast because his lifebar depleted when in contact with stuff and he wouldn't be knocked back or turn invincible (so there's no getting knocked into pits at least!). While it had linear stage progression, most stages had a lot of room for exploration to find lots of extra lives.

Deadly Towers (NES): I don't think this one's so much obscure, just forgotten! Well here's a reminder. Prince Myer shoots swords from his crotch on a quest to find and destroy several bells atop some towers. Buggy password system, horrible music, and in seemingly random spots are invisible trap portals that lead you to some...maze place...that is insanely hard, if not impossible, to escape.

On 2008-03-06 09:02, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Spiritual Warfare. Just looking at the HUD and inventory screens makes me think, so much for Thou Shalt Not Steal, eh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-03-10 04:24 ]</font>

Frana
Mar 10, 2008, 07:36 AM
On 2008-03-08 20:06, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
Seriously, you had to work hard to find a remotley good game without gagging on the fun kids factor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

Ikaruga, woot!

granis1233
Mar 10, 2008, 07:42 AM
the old school ninja gaiden games on the nes were just plain cool

KodiaX987
Mar 10, 2008, 03:51 PM
Napple Tale? Played that! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I wish there could've been a translation for that game... I wanna get all the paffets. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ulyoth
Mar 10, 2008, 05:06 PM
http://www.gamestation.co.uk/images/products/rolotother185725.jpg

Shadowpawn
Mar 10, 2008, 05:55 PM
On 2008-03-09 18:52, Frana wrote:
Vigilante 8 fans, unite! God I loved the music and specials in those games. (Bass Quake!)

Played both the original and the second one. I thought they were on par with the Twisted Metal series (before 4 and Black came out.)

granis1233
Mar 11, 2008, 07:32 AM
breath of fire 3 and 4 were classics

amtalx
Mar 11, 2008, 08:26 AM
On 2008-03-10 05:36, Frana wrote:

On 2008-03-08 20:06, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

Ikaruga, woot!

Twas better on DC. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

granis1233
Mar 11, 2008, 12:54 PM
metal slug all the way

zentetsua
Mar 11, 2008, 09:45 PM
i've played these as well
double dragon & battle toads
battle toads
monster party
rescue rangers
little nemo: the dream master own
crash team racing
adventures of lolo
rainbow island
bubble bobble
breath of fire
harvest moon save the homeland
thx for the memories ppl!

ABDUR101
Mar 11, 2008, 09:59 PM
Long post. =X

[spoiler-box]
Battletoads and Double Dragon, interesting game. I remember seeing that on the rental shelf and going "...wait..are these doods from the same game.."

Kid Icarus from the NES was a well-known game right? Oh! Adventure of Lolo was the game I mentioned before! hahah, ah, shit..hello nostalgia.

Bayou Billy on the NES..wow. Nothing like trudging through swamps..actually..trudging through swamps and finding a WHIP to hurt people with. Surprisingly fun game at the time, but my attention was easily satiated.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/23/Bayou_Billy_box.jpg

Bee 52 was a game I rented but the damn cart would'nt work, I was so frustrated. I always wondered what it was like.

Cabal was a third person shooter of sorts, you had a reticle from which you'd shoot at things on screen, and you had a little guy that was in the front of the screen(your character). As a soldier you took cover behind various walls and so on, and would shoot at enemies and so on that would pop out. Eventually your cover would get knocked down peice by peice, it was actually the first game that I can recall that really did the whole "use cover", and on the NES it was awesome.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/38/Cabal_%28arcade_game%29.png

Castlequest had you running around dodging enemies and traps in an effort to find keys and steal gold from..a castle!

Who Framed Roger Rabbit! - When I played this game, it eluded me entirely. However, the movie was awesome, so thats ok.

DynoWarz - Destruction of Spondylus(!) - Dear Lord, what could be more fun than giant mechanical dinosaurs?! Nothing when you're young, thats what!

Fester's Quest: The only thing I remember about this game, was you were Fester(From the Adam's Family), and you killed alot of creepy shit. Seriously, look at the box art..thats an eye grabber if there ever was one.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/FestQuest.jpg

Goonies and Goonies II - Based on the movie, but from what I recall a 'meh' sort of game(both of them).

Gremlins 2:The New Batch - I did'nt get very far in this game, infact I think I rented it merely out of morbid curiosity than anything because at the time, the Gremlins movies were my one true fear in life.

Karnov was the side-scrolling game I mentioned before. You're a big fat russian dood killing monsters and so on. Was a fun game, but at the time it was so random; though the enemies in it were cool at the time.

Low G Man - This game was actually pretty interesting at the time. Reminded me alot of Ninja Gaiden; except alot of weapons/upgrades and even vehicles if you killed the driver. I can remember the clerk telling my mom "Uh..are you sure you want to rent this? My son tried it and he had trouble with it." My mom looked at me and I'm like "..are you kidding? I picked it out, I'm going to atleast TRY it." And low, it was good; and we later joked at the clerk's kids expense.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0c/Low_G_Man_NES_US_box.jpg

Mechanised Attack - This game was the SHIT. It originated in the arcade if I remember correctly, and the port to the NES was quite fun. Had the screen going on direction and you'd shoot enemies and alot of stuff in the background. Imagine blowing apart helicoptors, APC's and eventually even a friggen battleship; WIN.

Metal Mech was the game I mentioned before, where you're in a city in a two-legged walker. Able to get out and goto sewers, etc. For some reason the walker really reminded me of the mech-unit from Robocop.

Predator: Soon The Hunt Will Begin - Surprisingly at the time, this game was win to me merely because I loved the movie Predator. Though the Predator was weaksauce everytime you fought him. =[

Q-Bert - I'm pretty sure this game was well-known, atleast I'd hope so because this game was awesome on the Atari.

S.C.A.T. - The doods in marketing dropped the ball on this one. Aside from snickering as I rented it, the game has you using a jetpack and killing aliens. It wasn't innovative, or all that great; but for a kid who needed to wittle away a weekend it worked.

Section Z - Game had awesome box art, and it was cool. Nuff said.

Skate or Die! - This was a wonky game, and was decent enough for my brother and I to kill a weekend with.

Stealth ATF - Neat stealth fighter side-scrolling game. Why? Because you were the one who took off and landed the aircraft!

Toobin - I'm ashamed to have played this.
Track and Field - Ditto.
[/spoiler-box]

zentetsua
Mar 12, 2008, 03:05 PM
i've played fester's quest, castle quest, and i own Q-bert.

Anduril
Mar 12, 2008, 03:08 PM
I played Captain America and the Avengers, not sure if anyone remembers that one. I can't think of any other obscure games I played, since they are probably too obsure for me to even remember.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 12, 2008, 07:05 PM
Whoo, Cap and the Avengers. I played that to death when it was in arcades. Iron Man ftw.

BigGoldRobot
Mar 12, 2008, 09:03 PM
tech romancer for DC

http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/amg/games/drg000/g057/g05789mr20u.jpg

loved that game

wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tech_Romancer)

Mewnie
Mar 12, 2008, 09:21 PM
The arcade version Cabal was kinda neat. You used a trackball to move around. If you wanted to roll behind cover, you fucking slapped that trackball like your life depended on it.

One arcade game I played once and never saw again was.. uh, I think it was called Daoh. The cool thing about it was it had SIX buttons. Three guns and three superbombs.

Sexy_Raine
Mar 12, 2008, 11:17 PM
On 2008-03-10 04:01, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
And now, some more obscure games I played...

Iron Sword: Wizards and Warriors II (NES);
Wizards and Warriors III: Kuros - Visions to Power (NES). Yes, the piece of crap that Raine mentioned actually had two sequels. Acorn Head had retained his silly fighting style, though in W&WIII he transforms into different classes (knight, thief, wizard). I remember actually completing the third game as a child. I was quite masochistic back then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-03-10 04:24 ]</font>

Actually the first W&W was decent. The 2nd one was I didn't like that much. I never played the 3rd one though, but it probably sucks anyway.

Monochrome
Mar 12, 2008, 11:17 PM
Sega arcade "fighting game" of sorts called Hippodrome. I don't remember if you even had a choice of characters, but if you did, it was more or less golden axe choices. You fight a medusa with a really long tail and she whips you alot, then you fight a flying lizardy demon... it was cool and only saw it at one arcade as a kid.

Nicktendonick
Mar 12, 2008, 11:44 PM
Shaq-fu (SNES), the so-called worst SNES game ever made

No kidding, I own it. I played it as a little kid (and liked it?), and when I saw it on sale for a few bucks, I snatched it.

Syl
Mar 12, 2008, 11:57 PM
On 2008-03-12 21:44, Nicktendonick wrote:
Shaq-fu (SNES)

God that game... Never thought I'd hear of it again >_>

Anyone remember Seaman for the Dreamcast? That game was pretty lol
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/seaman.jpg

SubstanceD
Mar 13, 2008, 03:36 AM
Oh my God! How could I forget about Bayou Billy ( thanks Abdur ). I though that game was awesome way back in the day. Never actually owned a copy myself but a friend was kind enough to lend me his copy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2008-03-13 01:39 ]</font>

Gunslinger-08
Mar 13, 2008, 10:23 AM
One of the best little-known games I've played are the two Megaman Legends games. Arguably one of my favs of all time.

granis1233
Mar 13, 2008, 10:36 AM
relly old space invaders was my fav hands down

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 13, 2008, 01:37 PM
Starmaster on the Atari 2600? I only remember it b/c it was the first game I ever beat.

Shadowpawn
Mar 13, 2008, 05:43 PM
On 2008-03-12 21:57, SylviaEspada wrote:

On 2008-03-12 21:44, Nicktendonick wrote:
Shaq-fu (SNES)

God that game... Never thought I'd hear of it again >_>

Anyone remember Seaman for the Dreamcast? That game was pretty lol
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/seaman.jpg

Good lord I hated Seaman! I had to rush from school all the way home just to make sure he was alright and when I do he has the nerve to insult me! >:O

AC9breaker
Mar 13, 2008, 06:22 PM
I'll throw another game from the past that i feel no one else has played.

Maniac Mansion. God I loved this game, I use to get so scared and tense playing it lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJYob6MPg_c

Mewnie
Mar 14, 2008, 12:22 AM
Maniac Mansion? It was HUEG on the PC.

Even had a sequel. Day of the Tentacle.

Although I liked Monkey Island better.

Sinue_v2
Mar 14, 2008, 12:34 AM
Not to mention probably the single best, and most oft-forgotten Indiana Jones games. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

http://picnic.ciao.com/uk/2445765.jpg

Here's another one I'm fairly sure noone here has played.

http://bbs.darksideresearch.com/scoreserver/lord.gif

Damn I used to love that game. Used to sit up for HOURS trying to log in because the nodes were always full. (Our biggest BBS only had like - three nodes tops. Which is actually a lot when you consider that each node represents someone buying an additional phone line for their house)

zentetsua
Mar 14, 2008, 03:05 AM
i own both MML games,what i find funny is a few years ago right after beating #1 i wondered if there was a 2 and lo an' behold walk into toys R us bam! there it was and i was like yoink! but i bet u ppl haven't played the mis-adventures of tron bonne!

Frana
Mar 19, 2008, 03:34 PM
My friend liked Tron Bon, I prefered Legends 2. (Except that stupid quiz you take to get the saber)

RavenTW
Mar 21, 2008, 06:21 PM
Considering this game was on the Turbo-Grafx 16, which is a console I doubt most people have heard of, you prolly don't know Bloody Wolf.

Good time. Never could beat the final boss though.

Another game I'm a big fan of is the Armored Core series. I just love building giant robots.

Raine_Loire
Mar 23, 2008, 04:16 PM
I used to love Juggernaut, Koudelka, and Shadow Madness for ps1... oh and Top Shop! That was so fun!

I'm trying to find a snes for my son- I'm gonna get him a bunch of games my brothers used to play together, lol. Joe & Mac, TMNT, Bubsy, and Mario World (which he actually already plays on DS).

I loved the DC and had a ton of games... Anyone remember Omikron?

Oh and I used to have a neo geo pocket color... and my fave game for that was... some kind of arms... Dark Arms?

I can say honestly between me and Laguna, we've played almost everything you guys have played too ^_^ guess the gaming community is a tighter circle than even we think!

And for the record... Sinue's review of Indigo Prophecy is one of the most hilarious- and accurate- things I've ever read ^_^

Apparently Brain Challenge is pretty rare- I can't find ANYONE to play online with!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2008-03-23 14:26 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Mar 24, 2008, 04:25 AM
I'd put in a mention for Gitaroo Man but I know there's at least a few around here who have at least played a bit of it. Still could've gotten more attention than it did though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

As for titles more out there in terms of classic obscurity, two that come to mind are Vandal Hearts and Global Gladiators.

[spoiler-box]
http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1171123444-00.jpg
http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/1086648610-00.gif

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/e3/75/b2d392c008a0b39b0572c010._AA280_.L.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Also Vandal Hearts 2 was poop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2008-03-24 02:25 ]</font>

amtalx
Mar 24, 2008, 07:03 AM
On 2008-03-23 14:16, Raine_Loire wrote:
Anyone remember Omikron?

OMG.

David Bowe is the man. Awesome game despite the awkward shooter levels.

Raine_Loire
Mar 24, 2008, 09:28 AM
On 2008-03-24 05:03, amtalx wrote:

On 2008-03-23 14:16, Raine_Loire wrote:
Anyone remember Omikron?

OMG.

David Bowe is the man. Awesome game despite the awkward shooter levels.

I know! I was so disappointed when you beat it and the one dude says to come back anytime, but when you do no one says anything different...

SabZero
Mar 24, 2008, 10:29 AM
Just played through Indiana Jones - Fate of atlantis in the downtime XD

How about The Dig - way too underrated/unknown game! It's fabulous.