PDA

View Full Version : how smart are you?

Pynix
Jan 17, 2003, 06:55 PM
i've been hunting for a specific item for countless hours, and just wanted to throw out a question to everyone so that i might be able to get some clue as to what i'm doing wrong.

when you hunt for a RARE item, rare monsters tend to drop them more commonly than regular monsters. however, rare monsters are reasonably easy to come across and usually drop something decent.

my question is: when you hunt for a RARE item from a NORMAL monster, where does the item tend to drop most frequently?

*if you havent guessed, i'm looking for an invisible guard and a lavis cannon*

Boozie
Jan 17, 2003, 09:16 PM
NOWHERE, at least on NORMAl, you should go on ULT. if you want good rares.

Pynix
Jan 18, 2003, 02:09 AM
i believe normal ruins is the only place you can find this shield...

Driadyte
Jan 18, 2003, 04:04 AM
Actually, if you want more drops, go for VHard mode, but if you want good drops, go for Ult. And some rare enemies are fairly easy to find, like the lilies and (sometimes) the red slimes, while others are godforsakenly hard to find (like the Hildes). And while they do have higher drop %s than normal monsters, it's cancelled out by the rareness of finding one. I'm looking for a Lavis Cannon too, and I just spent 2 hours piping for a red slime in Addicting Food (the room with 2 slimes in it). Never did see it. Of course, I did see a Mil Lily and a red slime earlier without piping for them...

BTW: Current red slime count w/o Lavis: 4

Spy
Jan 18, 2003, 04:43 AM
I'm pretty stupid. Now where's my donut?

KendraKirai
Jan 18, 2003, 09:23 AM
It's the offline quests. If you're looking for El Rappies, do Fake in Yellow. If you're looking for slimes or lillies, do Addicting Food or Lost Bride, if you're looking for hildes, do Forest of Sorrow, and so on. Not only does it give you a lot of chances to get the rare monsters, it's decent exp and you never know what else you're going to find along the way.

Of course, it *is* hard to find them at the best of times, so perhaps you would be better off just playing through normally, killing everything, then beating Falz, and starting over again.

Blenjar
Jan 18, 2003, 11:28 AM
On 2003-01-17 15:55, Pynix wrote:
i've been hunting for a specific item for countless hours, and just wanted to throw out a question to everyone so that i might be able to get some clue as to what i'm doing wrong.

when you hunt for a RARE item, rare monsters tend to drop them more commonly than regular monsters. however, rare monsters are reasonably easy to come across and usually drop something decent.

my question is: when you hunt for a RARE item from a NORMAL monster, where does the item tend to drop most frequently?

*if you havent guessed, i'm looking for an invisible guard and a lavis cannon*

-Dude write a question, not a story.

Pynix
Jan 20, 2003, 01:43 AM
heh... well as you can see, people dont even understand my story so how do you expect others to understand a question (which is stated in a short couple lines?)

thanks for your negative comment... i appreciate it.

Brundidge
Jan 20, 2003, 02:15 AM
I think what everyone is saying is that the poll was not necessary and if you need help why don't you ask for it straight forward instead of getting complicated with your words http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif