PDA

View Full Version : PSO-GC: DEF/MIND Rati

Kunithrayin
Mar 7, 2008, 12:00 PM
So I'm planning on starting a twink FOmar and I want to raise it a pure DEF/MIND Rati just to speed things up a little(or alot =)) What would everyone suggest as the best way to raise a Rati with little or no DEX/POW?

TheStoicOne
Mar 7, 2008, 01:37 PM
use difluids or trifluids

Kunithrayin
Mar 7, 2008, 03:10 PM
Yah so far I have been using difluids. They seem to work for now but it's going to be hard raising defense later as nothing much raises defense only.

TheStoicOne
Mar 7, 2008, 03:22 PM
well there are items that only raise defense, but it depends on what mag it is.
Go find the mag feeding charts. <<

Kunithrayin
Mar 7, 2008, 04:53 PM
Yah I looked at them and I won't be able to get one of those on my main character.

KojiroAK
Mar 7, 2008, 05:46 PM
Easiest is it on a Ranger.
Monofluid till Lv.35,
then Difluid till Mag Lv.50
then Trifluid till Mind Reaches 50
and finally use Antiparalysis till Def reaches nearby 50 and then pass the Mag to the character you that gives you the desired Rare Mag and feed him some more antiparalysis.
From now on you only have to feed the rare mag some more Difluids.

Nai_Calus
Mar 7, 2008, 09:41 PM
Personally I never found MIND/DEF to be worth the hassle inherent in the process. I vastly prefer MIND/DEX, which raises a lot faster. I've always used MIND/DEX Rati for FOmars and never had a problem with it.

Though, typically when I've bothered with a MIND Mag, it's been because I've been either in full-on support mode where I don't really get hit by physical attacks anyway, or for more efficient Rafoie/Gizonde spam at a boss. Either instance neither DEF or DEX is particularly useful, but I like having the DEX should I need to pull out a gun for something(Boxes, ran out of fluids, whatever) rather than the DEF that most times is usless anyway. (Face it, FOmar DFP is terrible and a 45 DFP increase is like putting a bandaid on a sharkbite.)

But yeah. IMO it isn't worth the time it takes, just go with MIND/DEX. It only gets you 145 MIND as opposed to 150, but if 10 MST breaks you you've got worse problems than your mag, rofl.

(Mind you, most times I don't even bother to raise a FOmar via teching, either, rofl. Just pull out the POW/DEX Rati, gear up for melee and beat stuff to death.)

TheStoicOne
Mar 7, 2008, 10:30 PM
omg http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif those analogies! xD
Well said. I Was going to say that a mind def mag was sorta pointless, but to each his own ! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kunithrayin
Mar 8, 2008, 12:25 AM
Yah well I don't plan to mellee atall unless necesarry on this one it's really just kinda something I've wanted to do for fun and If the defense helps atall i'll take it.

TheStoicOne
Mar 8, 2008, 01:43 AM
you'd be much better off getting a metal/body and makign the mag dex/mind though.

or even better a god body, and theres really no need for Def if youre gonan be mainly tech based. since hopefully you wont be casting foie practically in the said spawns nostrils.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2008-03-07 22:45 ]</font>