PDA

View Full Version : Fighting styles and strategies

Vanzazikon
Mar 7, 2008, 04:12 PM
I only play PSO with my brothers and friends and I always talk about one thing... Fighting strategies!

I only use strategies on bosses but when fighting the underlings, I like to run up and SMACK them right in the face.

I want to know how others like to fight!

AlexCraig
Mar 7, 2008, 04:18 PM
Using my Yamato +60 or Red Handgun +something:

Normal - Heavy - Heavy

Tech - Normal - Heavy - Heavy

Normal - Guard - Normal - Heavy - Heavy

Empty boxes.

EDIT: Too literal? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Well, I usually just carge into the midst of it. If it is a boss, I try to avoid being hit while attacking as per the battle. If it is an instant-death monster, ranged attack to avoid said instant-death.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2008-03-07 13:20 ]</font>

Out_Kast
Mar 7, 2008, 04:20 PM
Normal Heavy Heavy, for practically everything.
Or Heavy Heavy Special, if I'm using my Spread Needle http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

AlexCraig
Mar 7, 2008, 04:24 PM
Edited mine. Kinda thought about what he was talking about. I seemed a bit literal XD

TsukasaDCX
Mar 7, 2008, 06:35 PM
Heavy-Heavy-Heavy with Mechguns
or ZondeZondeZondeZondeZondeZondeRestaZondeTrifluidRa foie

loveme some mechguns
It sucks forces can't use many of them

Weeaboolits
Mar 7, 2008, 07:11 PM
My RAcaseal's mag has 130 dex, so I can get away with using all heavy attacks when things are the proper distance right now. I need to finish ruins some time so I can get onto hard, but they're so long. ._.

concussionman
Mar 7, 2008, 09:00 PM
I just let the enemies come to me, and then do a slight movement away right when they attack, then kill them. Its an easy strategy,

Weeaboolits
Mar 7, 2008, 09:22 PM
I usually let them come to me as well, with the exception of enemies like delsabers, which I charge so they can't lunge, failing that, I attempt to flank.

redtide
Mar 7, 2008, 11:35 PM
I usually try to group enemies when I can to kill them faster, and whenever possible I try to kill stragglers off before anything can possibly be a threat.

I fight like this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gp5zF_s0xqY

darkante
Mar 8, 2008, 02:56 AM
Well with my force.

I prefer to prepare some Gifoie before i come marching into the next room so i get in some free hits.
And otherwise just cast whatever magic they are weak against after debuffs on them.

And if they too much of a pain..and they canīt stand fire magic.
I just use my gifoie thing again but runaway back when they have appeared in the room then prepare more Gifoie and run in again...rince and reapeats. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Weeaboolits
Mar 8, 2008, 03:24 AM
I generally try to flank so I can use my guilty light, I also use my slicer when I can get away with it, or my partisan when I feel like melee. I also carry a shot with burning special to take out pan arms.

Vanzazikon
Mar 10, 2008, 01:43 PM
Ah, Very nice indeed.

raikomaru40
Mar 10, 2008, 01:49 PM
shoot as much as i can w/ my red handgun, then pull out my red saber to finish them off

EDIT: also, if it's in ultimate, use my lvl 15 support techs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: raikomaru40 on 2008-03-10 11:50 ]</font>

Vanzazikon
Mar 10, 2008, 01:58 PM
Simple, yet effective. I can say itīs a Rangerīs strategy.

DC_PLAYER
Mar 10, 2008, 03:41 PM
me, up to vhard ruins i use a red handgun, 1 hit kill with hard attack, on bosses i just use mechs and a partisan for multi hit.
as for ultimate, if possible i use red handgun, if enemys are hard or if they come in groups like in ruins then i use an imperial pick (partisan)

Out_Kast
Mar 10, 2008, 04:00 PM
Oh, you meant like that? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Needle Needle Needle. Paralysis comes in really handy when you're outnumbered; you can build walls of enemies and take them like that.
Yas9000's are also a favourite. I don't even have to get anywhere near the enemy and I can slaughter it >:3

Kunithrayin
Mar 10, 2008, 05:06 PM
I use:
Heavy-Heavy-Heavy and then If they get to close I just run away a little the turn around and shoot them some more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

concussionman
Mar 10, 2008, 11:21 PM
With my Ramarl I use Frozen Shooter to freeze, then finish them with Red Mechgun. I can get through enemies fairly quickly.

Tweengo
Mar 11, 2008, 10:28 AM
Bringer's Rifle with my Ranger. 'Nuff Said....Though I do like to freeze them sometimes first with me Frozen Shooter. I usually attack with Normal Heavy Heavy or Heavy Heavy Heavy or Heavy Heavy Special or Normal Heavy Special. If I miss with the special attack I usually become obsessed with hitting x enemy until I hit them with it. Usually I get hit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Oh, my strategy for Ultimate Seabed when there's those blue robots, those that do megid and generally a mixture of enemies all in one room is run like hell!

Banish
Mar 11, 2008, 05:46 PM
Low-Special-Special or Hard-Hard-Hard with RAcast.

Low-Hard-Hard with HUcast/HUmar.

All techs in barz with FOmar.

Kunithrayin
Mar 11, 2008, 06:41 PM
As for my weapon I usually use the best thing I can get but right now I have and Ice sniper+2, A Master's spread+2, and a Pallasch

Altavista
Mar 12, 2008, 01:48 AM
On ruins Ultimate when playing my RAcast, I run around gathering all the monsters in the room and kill them off with my spread needle. The "back exactly when they gonna strike" strategy works on most monster. Normal >> Heavy >> Heavy is a good combo I'm using everyday when I play.

Kunithrayin
Mar 12, 2008, 04:49 PM
why would you use anything other than heavy heavy heavy? unless it is nearly twice as fast normal attack isn't very useful

Banish
Mar 12, 2008, 05:04 PM
With a God/Battle, being a Ranger, Hard>Hard>Hard is fast and won't miss as much, than the quality of a low normal attack.

Kunithrayin
Mar 12, 2008, 08:03 PM
So you agree with me?

Banish
Mar 13, 2008, 09:41 AM
It wouldn't be very useful doing Low>Low>Low, would it?

That attack sequence is more likely to get interrupted than Low>Hard>Hard, and Hard>Hard>Hard if you're accurate enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2008-03-13 07:41 ]</font>

Kunithrayin
Mar 13, 2008, 10:52 AM
Yah because as long as you do the full 3 attack sequence it saves alot of time and Hard>Hard>Hard Gives you the most damage for your time

redtide
Mar 13, 2008, 12:17 PM
Doing as strong/difficult a combo as possible without failing to finish an enemy off is going to be the most effective, theoretically. However, many situations arise where that's certainly not the case.

When fighting Arlan/Merlan (online, not offline) with a needle, it would be nearly impossible to do HHH combos without getting hit. However, by doing slow NHH combos, and by slow I mean, if you're using a god/battle, try to drag the combo out as much as you possibly can, so that you time your attacks so that the enemies don't even MOVE from their locations. They really don't even move if you hit them right after their stun animation is finished.

Sacrificial specials do nearly twice as much damage as a heavy attack. Theoretically replacing your heavy attacks with Special (sacrificial) attacks would save you the most amount of time. It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish, of course. If enemies are right next to you, it is possible that you would be unable to keep them at bay with NHH or HHH combos. NNN, on the other hand, might keep them from moving whatsoever.

Other combo attacks that would rarely see the light of day also have uses:

SSS - Deldepth have insanely high EVP. However, they will stop what they are doing if you shoot them and Miss. Leading with a special attack can do this, and with frozen shooter, the second two Special attacks will probably end up freezing it.

SSN or SSH - With an S-Rank demon's mechgun, on enemies with low enough EVP to hit with the special attack, this combo will reduce their HP to 1/4, 1/16, or even 1/48th, finishing them off with a small amount of damage from a normal or heavy attack.

NHN - For multiple Baranz (like the 3 Baranz room in TTF), the first and third attacks will stun the baranz, while the middle one won't. However, you can lock them down until they are dead (they won't be able to attack) with NNN or NHN or NSN combos. Since you'll want to do as much damage as possible, NHN would do the most damage with a Spread Needle, while still leaving the Baranz incapacitated.

HNH - In much the same way, this should work against some enemies if you have enough ATA to lead with a heavy attack. If the middle attack doesn't stun the enemy (only the first and third do), this can maximize the speed at which you keep them locked down (with a needle, most likely).

NSH - With some uber weapons (like Double Cannon or Mille Marteaux), the special attack can allow you to change your target mid-combo. If (for whatever reason) the original target dies or moves out of the way, you can begin a special attack on the second hit, and finish with three hard attacks which will be redirected to the nearest target (without wasting your combo).

NSN - If you have a weapon like a Demon's/Arrest/Hell laser or raygun, sometimes its best to just let the middle attack be your extra attack, because the final hit should be sure to connect as to keep the enemy from moving away from you. This way you still get a chance for your special to activate, but at the same time the enemy won't be able to move. Unless you can get away with NSS, this is the safer combo attack.