PDA

View Full Version : Make new character or switch jobs?

ScYrO
Mar 8, 2008, 10:01 PM
My current main is a lvl 84 human AF. Getting a little bored with AF and I don't really wanna go Fighgunner or any other hybrid classes. Currently wondering if I should make a new character with a race more suitable for the job I'd want to become.

Would a human fortefighter pale in comparison to a beast fortefighter where you could see a significant difference in damage? I know beasts have more ATP and HP etc but would humans be able to hold their own in the class?

(asking this question because I'm extremely lazy and don't want to make another character unless the significance betw the two races are too great)

Talise
Mar 8, 2008, 10:23 PM
Normally I'd recommend making a new char, but you're lazy so....I dun want ya to give up, play with your humie! =D You're not gonna be doing as much damage but humans are a versatile race and they really can play any class. My human had been fortefighter all thru pre-aoti and it's not bad at all.

Dhylec
Mar 8, 2008, 10:56 PM
This is not PSO's days where you are stuck with a class. PSU allows you to change classes, take advantage of it.

My main is human & I have played every class in the game. I can say that it's not the most powerful race, but it's enough to get the job done. Human has no real weakness, so there is no handicap.

But, again, if you want big numbers, do what everyone else does. Go male beast Fortefighter & use Jabroga. You'd see huge, eye-popping numbers once you lv things up. ;]

Pandorasbox
Mar 8, 2008, 11:09 PM
Well the difference is there considering that Beast also get bonus from FF. Altho humans make good Figunners if ya want another melee style class. Humans also make great WT and they get alot of the weps that the other melee get too. So i'd say give those a shot. If that contiues to bore ya then make a new charac. Lving in PSU isn't so bad neway.

CelestialBlade
Mar 8, 2008, 11:12 PM
Depends, if you don't like changing classes all the time and you've got some friends that would like to help you level an alt, go ahead and make a new character with a more specialized race.

However if you see yourself switching classes more frequently from now on, you're already the most versatile race in the game, so stick with your one character.

mvffin
Mar 8, 2008, 11:50 PM
the main difference betwen human and beast FF is the blast. if you're ok with that, stick to your man.

ScYrO
Mar 9, 2008, 12:07 AM
Alright thanks for the replies guys. Never really did think I'd survive with the lvling i'd have to make up on a new character (lazyness).

Hrith
Mar 9, 2008, 12:49 PM
It's easy to gain levels. The painful part is leveling up PAs, which can now be swapped between chars, so making a new char is not a problem.

amtalx
Mar 10, 2008, 07:04 AM
It all depends on if you care about being optimal. If that extra bit of damage means something to you, go Beast, otherwise Human is fine. Personally, I would go Beast.

panzer_unit
Mar 10, 2008, 10:49 AM
There are pros and cons to playing alts...
Bouncing skills and equipment back and forth is a constant waste of time.
Having to blast through the early levels over again, that's not so fun if you can't get noob teams.

On the other hand...
You'll be playing around with a lot more appearance and room deco options.
You'll be synthing a wider variety of stuff and more often... my range/tech PM can gather dust for days at a time.
You'll only be playing optimal race/job combinations.
Supposing everyone's set up for play, switching characters is faster than switching classes on one character if your team decides to head to a really specialized mission like Grove or something.

Talise
Mar 10, 2008, 12:26 PM
...why switch your PAs when you can have 1 for each char -_- lazinesssss, and you should make a new char because you like it, not because of preference of races and stuff. Also to note, you can make a random char and still have 4 rooms and 4 PMs without having to actually work on any of them.

KiteWolfwood
Mar 10, 2008, 02:18 PM
Just do whatever it is you enjoy. If big numbers make your epeen spaz with joy then go for it and make a beast. Sure my lil human gets jealous of beasts "big numbers" sometimes but he is just so sexy so I could never give him up for a beast.

Kaidiien
Mar 12, 2008, 11:57 AM
Know it is a lil off topic but can you use any classes except the base 3 in story mode of ambitions of illuminus? Kinda hard to play online when deployed.

Kylie
Mar 12, 2008, 01:35 PM
I don't know; it's up to you. I want to tell you to make a beast because I'm partial to them, but I won't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif HumaN fF's do decent damage. If you're lazy, I don't think it'd be too much of a deal for you to try fF on yours and not make the new char.