PDA

View Full Version : OMG *stabby Stabby*

Sha Sha
Mar 9, 2008, 01:05 AM
his is for a discussion about people and how they act in department like stores.

I work on a military base, On this base was have a store called the Navy Exchange where anyone with a valid military ID can buy things from. This store is like a Macy's, Sears, or Mervyn's but smaller. We have a small Mall Area, Mini Mart, Clothes departments, Shoes, Electronics, and homeworld stuff.
I work in the shoe department. We have You know Shoes, and we have a clearance area on racks with sandals and stuff like that on hanger racks.
Today we have Kids running around and knocking things on the floor and kicking things under the racks. All the Croc brand shoes where knocked off and kicked under the clearance racks. I wanted to cry because it wasn't the Children taking these shoes off the racks, IT was the ADULTS. This one lady was taking off all the crocs looking for one to fit her daughter when she was told already her size was sold out. When she couldn't find it she just walked out leaving this huge mess. I would think as apart of the military these people would clean up after themselves, I know I work there however I think one would one would pick up anything they knocked over.
Then We had people handfuls of the thong undies on display in the ladies department next to us and just toss them into the shoe racks even when we are watching them. I even have people trying to jam there carts into the thin aisles where I think any person can tell THEY WON"T FIT.

So what kinds of behaviors have you seen people make in stores like the ones I listed above.
I also apologize if this seems like a rant and shouldn't belong here. Go ahead and lock it or something.

SStrikerR
Mar 9, 2008, 10:10 AM
I just hate when a little baby or little kid starts crying their head off when they cant have something. Then again...it's not always little kids and babies that do this..but oh god I hate it.

MetaZedlen
Mar 9, 2008, 02:41 PM
On 2008-03-09 08:10, Ryan113 wrote:
I just hate when a little baby or little kid starts crying their head off when they cant have something. Then again...it's not always little kids and babies that do this..but oh god I hate it.

heh, /backhand to the face, or /spank the ass

Nitro Vordex
Mar 9, 2008, 04:59 PM
If my kid started bitching about a snack or candy, I'd tell him to stop once. If he didn't stop, I'd spank him right there. Then drag him out of the store.

Good thing I'm only 16 though. o.O

Leviathan
Mar 9, 2008, 05:42 PM
This is a rant, &it's on the right place too, so feel free to go on.

I hate it when in stores there are always a group of people that hang around in the aisle &don't move. They cause traffic &then complain about it. Move it, not hard. (//_-)

Agreed with the small children crying because they don't get a toy, I live in a pretty much urban area &that happens every Sunday at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

Never at Toys 'R Us though, no one goes to there anymore. =/

Seority
Mar 10, 2008, 02:08 PM
Man I wouldn't expect that there either.
Very odd.
I usually only see that type of behavior with older mothers and some young (obviously not good) mothers when there is a huge clearance sale or something going on in a clothing store, but never in the mall. It's usually us, the naughty teens, messing things up and getting kicked out XP.
((I hate mall cops. >:( ))

Candor
Mar 11, 2008, 12:43 AM
I worked at a Marshalls for a summer gig and they put me on shoe duty, pretty much exactly as you described it, just horrible. I even had one instance were some kid was running down every isle, arms out, knocking all the shoes in his reach to the ground. Mother of course acted like she was completely oblivious to this. Wouldn't have been too bad normally as it gives me an excuse to avoid the manager, cept the store was being inspected by a bigwig at the time.

Blitzkommando
Mar 11, 2008, 01:11 AM
It's unfortunate that we live in a time where a bad child getting spanked is the victim and the parent trying to discipline said child is subject to being thrown in jail for child abuse. What people and children need is discipline. Without discipline there is chaos. Our problem is that we have too many laws and not enough discipline.

Syl
Mar 11, 2008, 02:36 AM
People are crazy, usually ones who haven't worked in your area of work.

For example, I used to work at my college's cafe as a busboy... sorta. Mostly revolved around washing dishes/trays/cups/etc. But yeah, people were such assholes. They would like have all this mess on their food trays (some people would take those little ketchup cups and smash them into the trays =_=). It was my job to clean them... but still, that's disrespectful to the people who work there.

One time I had to deliver an order of food for kids at the college's daycare center. I liked going there because the kids were always happy to see me with their lunches.

But this one kid trips me on purpose and decides it's the funniest thing ever. Luckily, most of the food stayed inside the container. So I see the kid run off to the mom and I look her in the eye and all she does is give me a "you should be looking where you're going not my fault" look.

Ever since I had that job, I'm way more considerate of restaurant employees. I try to never leave a mess on anything that needs to be cleaned or whatever and tell my family to do the same.

Yeah kids nowadays are waaaay too full of themselves and undisciplined. I grew up getting scolded and disciplined a lot even though I was almost always a goody-two shoes. I've come out as a respecting person and I can separate what's moral from immoral. My younger siblings though are just reckless as hell. I try setting them straight, but they just don't have any respect for people who are older than them.

My dad wasn't strict with them at all. They even talk back to him. If I ever did that I'd be dead lol

AlexCraig
Mar 11, 2008, 02:42 AM
On 2008-03-10 23:11, Norvekh wrote:
It's unfortunate that we live in a time where a bad child getting spanked is the victim and the parent trying to discipline said child is subject to being thrown in jail for child abuse. What people and children need is discipline. Without discipline there is chaos. Our problem is that we have too many laws and not enough discipline.

Quoted for the utmost truth.