PDA

View Full Version : Criticals

LaughingMan
Mar 11, 2008, 01:33 AM
Ya I'm talking about timing your normal melee strikes for more damage(1.5x more damage I heard)but do any of you melee character go for them. I've been the only person to actually make an effort to use them that I've played with on my main and on my noob. I even had some level 37(palete of all s ranks under 19% facepalm) tell me i was a noob because the regular melee strike out damages the critical over time but that got me thinking.

so the point I'm trying to make is do any of you guys actually try for them and do fast combos beat out criticals over time

lethe
Mar 11, 2008, 01:38 AM
On 2008-03-10 23:33, LaughingMan wrote:
Ya I'm talking about timing your normal melee strikes for more damage(1.5x more damage I heard)but do any of you melee character go for them. I've been the only person to actually make an effort to use them that I've played with on my main and on my noob. I even had some level 37(palete of all s ranks under 19% facepalm) tell me i was a noob because the regular melee strike out damages the critical over time but that got me thinking.

so the point I'm trying to make is do any of you guys actually try for them and do fast combos beat out criticals over time

It takes what, 1-2 seconds top to execute a just attack on most weapons, i find their theory to be utterly incorrect.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Mar 11, 2008, 01:41 AM
I used to wail on the attack button like a lunatic, but I saved a bunch of meseta by switching to just-attack. Am not so sure if I'm saving time as well as money though...

Candor
Mar 11, 2008, 01:48 AM
I'll go for it on certain weapons, with fists for example i get just attack just because i time it like that anyway. I like the extra damage and in the long run it probably is better damage-wise to do just attack, though the PP regen on normal attacks shouldn't be overlooked.

LaughingMan
Mar 11, 2008, 01:49 AM
On 2008-03-10 23:41, RAGNAGELPPOD wrote:
I used to wail on the attack button like a lunatic, but I saved a bunch of meseta by switching to just-attack. Am not so sure if I'm saving time as well as money though...

On that note just attack charges more photon then regular attacks right i started to notice that but i wasn't sure. Also your on pc right? does it look different the the xbox version? finally can you get criticals from your photon art moves?

sorry for the noobish questions in advance

Skuda
Mar 11, 2008, 01:50 AM
Sometimes it's more efficient to use a normal melee attack rather than a Just Attack. Not all the time mind you. Situations like the Swords first strike call for this.

To JA the first attack, one would have to wait longer to execute it, than it would take to attack again and just JA the second swing.

Candor
Mar 11, 2008, 01:55 AM
yes you can JA on photon arts (given that they have more than one attack)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2008-03-11 00:08 ]</font>

Zero787
Mar 11, 2008, 01:59 AM
But if your an Acrofighter, regular attacks don't really matter 0.o

RAGNAGELPPOD
Mar 11, 2008, 02:06 AM
On 2008-03-10 23:49, LaughingMan wrote:

On 2008-03-10 23:41, RAGNAGELPPOD wrote:

On that note just attack charges more photon then regular attacks right i started to notice that but i wasn't sure. Also your on pc right? does it look different the the xbox version? finally can you get criticals from your photon art moves?

sorry for the noobish questions in advance

Yah I play on both PC and PS2. Just attack seems to work for the Pa's just like they do for the standard attacks. If I remember correctly, ank dedda gets like 90+pp for doing an entire critical combo. Its great since I use solid/hit on my fortefighter.

Candor
Mar 11, 2008, 02:11 AM
Am i mistaken in thinking it's the normal attacks that recharge PP? the official site says "Photon Points, the energy required for all Photon Arts, can now be recovered with each normal swing attack."

ashley50
Mar 11, 2008, 02:15 AM
On 2008-03-11 00:11, Candor wrote:
Am i mistaken in thinking it's the normal attacks that recharge PP? the official site says "Photon Points, the energy required for all Photon Arts, can now be recovered with each normal swing attack."

Both the Normal attacks and Just-Attack recharges PP. but the JA regens more PP for every successful exceution.

Candor
Mar 11, 2008, 02:16 AM
On 2008-03-11 00:15, ashley50 wrote:

On 2008-03-11 00:11, Candor wrote:

Both the Normal attacks and Just-Attack recharges PP. but the JA regens more PP for every successful exceution.

ah didn't know that part thanks

hiraisho
Mar 11, 2008, 02:34 AM
I enjoy executing the Just attack on my weapons i use it a lot, sometimes I'll not do it intentionally to get my attack off faster, but for the most part I always use it. Still having trouble on the 2nd to 3rd swing of twin sabers, but a little more practice and ill nail it.

Syl
Mar 11, 2008, 02:42 AM
Using JA on normal attacks on twin claws is amazing for PP regeneration.

JA can seriously boost your damage output on PA's.

SolRiver
Mar 11, 2008, 02:58 AM
Fast weapons I don't do JA, slow weapons I do. I feel it is better that way, but it really didn't matter that much I believe. Even PA I do the same, except I go by PA speed instead of weapon speed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2008-03-11 00:58 ]</font>

biggabertha
Mar 11, 2008, 04:21 AM
Axe really wants to be Just Attacked no matter the situation. Sure you deal loads of damage anyway but making sure they're all critical hits? Yes please!

Getting more damage out of your weapons is always better except with LongSwords' transition between the first and second normal siwngs and the Lances' transition between the third normal hit and your Photon Art. Fast weapons such as the single handed weapons and the twin weapons (especially the deft daggers and the cruel claws) attack extremely quickly anyway that you're losing out on damage if you don't Just Attack them.

There are times though, that I wish some attacks had a clearer Just Attack, Gravity Break has possibly the hardest one to nail down unless someone tells you or you go through several Photon Charges to find out yourself. I've heard that Anga Dugrega is another one but I actually got it first time because I love savouring every satisfying thud my Axe makes when it comes in contact with something and it wails across and out of my screen.

amtalx
Mar 11, 2008, 06:23 AM
The only way normal attacks would outdamage JA is if JA slows you down by more than 50%. There may be a handful of scenarios where this is true, but on the whole, you are going to do more damage over time with JA.

panzer_unit
Mar 11, 2008, 09:49 AM
With double sabers, swords, and axes you can lose a lot of time setting up a JA for the first move of a PA combo. They'll generally do more damage over time if you start with the PA immediately.

stukasa
Mar 11, 2008, 10:59 AM
I always use Just Attack because it regens PP faster, especially on weapons like claws and knuckles.

KiteWolfwood
Mar 11, 2008, 02:02 PM
I JA with all my weapons. Recharges more PP which means I can spam more PAs. Well actually the only weapon I don't is with my sword, well more like I can't. For the life of me I can't get down JA with a sword.

Kerry157
Mar 11, 2008, 03:57 PM
always always ja.

always.

RadiantLegend
Mar 11, 2008, 06:22 PM
JA JA JA JAJA JAJAJAJAJA
Pretty much JAAAAAAAAAAA

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 11, 2008, 06:41 PM
If im by myself, it varies on the monster(like how fast it moves) but if im with a bunch of people. i tend to do critical with everything. Especially with Dus majarra (lvl 39) ^_^ the final hit i can do bout 3100 with each thing it hits. I believe you can hit up to 3. creatures. so if i hit somethin like a polovahra i can up to 9k of damage ^_^ but im level 99 im pretty sure a lvl 120 FF could almost 4k maybe 5 k of damage

GuardianElite
Mar 11, 2008, 06:42 PM
JustAttackJustCounterJustAttackJustCounterJustAtta ckJustCounter

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 11, 2008, 06:43 PM
o wait nm i believe polovhara only have 2 hit points lol

so a boss i can hit 9k ^_^

Yuneiko
Mar 11, 2008, 07:51 PM
Oh lord, I feel like a BR..."JAJAJAJAJAJAJA" as much as I possibly can.