PDA

View Full Version : Protranser growing pains

amtalx
Mar 11, 2008, 09:50 AM
It sucks.

That is all.

I went from being the guy that my friends refuse to level skills with because I "kill things too fast" to the guy that doesn't even bother carrying scapes becasue he dies so often. Fighting S2 De Rol Le definetly felt like I dropped the soap.

raikomaru40
Mar 11, 2008, 01:37 PM
yikes, sorry 'bout yer rear. do you want a hug?

Kylie
Mar 11, 2008, 01:38 PM
Yes, the first levels on PT are PAINFUL! But at least the stats go up by a good bit with each level. Actually, the attack on LV15 isn't that far off from WT's on 15, so that mixed with traps makes PT a good class in the end.

Anduril
Mar 11, 2008, 01:43 PM
I'm having the same issues with my Caseal. But I'll keep at it until I can equip alll my fancy (ie. cheap but pretty) S rank weapons on her and have her kill everything with her giant guns and melee weapons then blow everything up with her advanced traps! So far, I'm at PT 2.....-_- Wish it leveled up like Acro-classes.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 11, 2008, 04:20 PM
Don't give up! I made the switch with my human, and am now at lvl 7 PT. It gets better, and I've absolutely fallen in love with EX traps.

Powder Keg
Mar 11, 2008, 04:56 PM
When I hit level 5-6 of Protranser, I expected it to actually be a pretty decent class, but the stat boosts for the last few levels are terrible.

drizzle
Mar 12, 2008, 06:15 AM
Heh I just switched to PT too. Not only with horrible stats (1k hp and 500ish ATP at level 120, haha), but with level 1 bullets too! Fun!

amtalx
Mar 12, 2008, 07:02 AM
OUCH, at least I had all my Lvl 40 bullets to carry over from my previous fG class. Still though, I went from hitting ~3700 with Shotguns to about 1250. Duranga also knocks off about 60% of my health, haha. Won't be using that for a while...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amtalx on 2008-03-12 06:50 ]</font>

Rayokarna
Mar 12, 2008, 08:12 AM
You'll learn how to deal with it. At least you have EX Traps. In V1, the ATP & DFP mod was alot lower, no EX Traps, and only A Rank Weapons. Just take it easy, and keep yourself out of indirect combat. Welcome to PT never the less.

Weeaboolits
Mar 12, 2008, 09:54 AM
Yeah, focus on trapping and gunning for a few levels, melee isn't such a great idea until you get a couple type levels under your belt.

Fortunately every level carries a large bonus, which is nice.

panzer_unit
Mar 12, 2008, 10:08 AM
On 2008-03-11 07:50, amtalx wrote:
I went from being the guy that my friends refuse to level skills with because I "kill things too fast" to the guy that doesn't even bother carrying scapes becasue he dies so often. Fighting S2 De Rol Le definetly felt like I dropped the soap.

You changed classes? 'grats!

... but doing S2 De Rol with 1k hitpoints to your name, why do you hate yourself so much? Try a high-MP mission with minibosses who are vulnerable to EX trap statuses if you like living.

Regardless of your self-abuse I'm sure it won't take long for the stinging to go away as long as you can hitch a ride with a good team. Even PT's in their larval stage can spam EX traps for everybody's benefit.

amtalx
Mar 12, 2008, 11:00 AM
I think I was running De Rol because someone in my usual running group wanted GBR points for that mission, can't quite remember. We're all friends and three of them had Giresta, so it wasn't a big deal, just a HUGE change of pace from my usual Rambo-style fGing. I might just have to suck it up and run some HSM or AMF (gag).

That's no joke about the EX Traps. I was dropping about 4 stacks per run going through my first level or so.

panzer_unit
Mar 12, 2008, 12:36 PM
On the one hand it's too bad Protransers can't attack WHILE their EX traps are going off since you're eventually worth quite a bit of damage output, on the other hand I like having an excuse to get witty with the mustache-twirling and muhaha dialogue.

I couldn't even GET a team for working through low-rank Protranser stats, and that's when my friends living right down the street were still playing. God damn did we ever get hated on back in the day.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 14, 2008, 01:48 AM
Heh, I'm working my way slowly through it atm. It does suck, but I'm beginning to slowly shift into my melee-with-gunning-sprinkled-in style with each type level. It gets, better, but best of luck all the same.

panzer_unit
Mar 14, 2008, 02:18 PM
Amtal, how's the Protranser thing going?

amtalx
Mar 14, 2008, 02:39 PM
On 2008-03-14 12:18, panzer_unit wrote:
Amtal, how's the Protranser thing going?

It gets markedly better with every level. I ended up spamming AMF until it put me to sleep, so I got a few levels there. I'm glad I waited to work on PT though. I've got the ranger side 99% complete. Now I just have to work on fighter skills. As someone that has leveled all 6 Rifle elements, melee skills should be LOLEASY.

Unfortunately though, I've gotta put the brakes on PT for the time being. With my current equipment, I'm still more effective as a fG, and I NEED a Love Inferno. Once White Day is over, I'll get back on the PT train.

panzer_unit
Mar 14, 2008, 03:18 PM
On 2008-03-14 12:39, amtalx wrote:
It gets markedly better with every level. I ended up spamming AMF until it put me to sleep, so I got a few levels there. I'm glad I waited to work on PT though. I've got the ranger side 99% complete. Now I just have to work on fighter skills. As someone that has leveled all 6 Rifle elements, melee skills should be LOLEASY.

I was the opposite, I only worked hard enough to get (most of) my bullets to 21 and most of the ones I used a lot might have made it to 25 or so... while all my melee skills were already capped at 30.

Some skills are a pain to level, like grenades the key is spamming a mission with a large number of good targets.