PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Idea of a banking system????

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 11, 2008, 07:53 PM
This might be a stupid idea but.....
You guys are probably like wtf but bare with me

Have like 3 different types of acounts (bronze,silver,Gold) maybe platinum

Like you have to have a minimum amount of meseta in the bank. Get some interest. (not annually) maybe a monthly interest.

Something similiar to how banking works in real life.

Although im thinking this could have some kind of flaw server wise....like if it got washed out. Or if someone hacked you or something.

What do you think about this??
If you have a negative comment, please no harsh ones lol
It was just a thought http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Retehi
Mar 11, 2008, 07:55 PM
It's too in-depth an idea for PSU.

Maybe some other kind of game, but not this one.

BFGfreak
Mar 11, 2008, 07:59 PM
hmm, by any chance, is this interest going to be compound with a 100 percent interest rate?

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 11, 2008, 08:03 PM
On 2008-03-11 17:59, BFGfreak wrote:
hmm, by any chance, is this interest going to be compound with a 100 percent interest rate?

lol XD

Sinue_v2
Mar 11, 2008, 11:00 PM

I want to get in on this. I'll give Meseta loans that the recipients can not possibly pay back, using their My Rooms as collateral, then sell the shaky loans to other players on other servers as low-risk commodities. Then I'll laugh maniacally as the whole thing collapses and thousands of Guardians are living in hobo-villes on Rykros.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 11, 2008, 11:05 PM
On 2008-03-11 21:00, Sinue_v2 wrote:

I want to get in on this. I'll give Meseta loans that the recipients can not possibly pay back, using their My Rooms as collateral, then sell the shaky loans to other players on other servers as low-risk commodities. Then I'll laugh maniacally as the whole thing collapses and thousands of Guardians are living in hobo-villes on Rykros.

Don't forget all the abandoned Partner Machines that would be sent to Parum Shelters because their owners couldn't offord to feed them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-03-11 21:06 ]</font>

LaughingMan
Mar 11, 2008, 11:09 PM
On 2008-03-11 21:00, Sinue_v2 wrote:

The Great Depression of PSU it's all segas fault as always though

Aries2384
Mar 11, 2008, 11:17 PM
Yeah and what would be the point of this whole thing anyway?

RAGNAGELPPOD
Mar 12, 2008, 12:41 AM
A bank? Hmm..then There'd be some kind of Check-writing feature as well I assume. That sounds pretty good...would be interesting to see checks bouncing and players file for bankruptcy. Maybe thered be a floating number above their heads showing off their psu credit scores or something.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 12, 2008, 12:56 AM
On 2008-03-11 21:17, Aries2384 wrote:
Yeah and what would be the point of this whole thing anyway?

lol@ everyones else comments

its not suppose to hurt you, its suppose to help you.
Like for the interest you get monthly.

and if for some reason you dont have the minimum amount, you drop to lower account if not, then you cant use the banking system....easy as that lol

Kittycat
Mar 12, 2008, 01:01 AM
buy shares in my catilium synth fail fund. symbol KTCT
ex-dividend date april 1
dividend date april 2
reinvest date april 3
open to new investors
short term capital gain: 0.40 meseta/share
long term capital gain: 1.60 meseta/share
early redemption (90 days) penalty: 5%

Kirie
Mar 12, 2008, 01:55 AM
Well, as for the interest rate, I think it'd cause inflation... (what's the rate you think Sega should give them anyways?)

The prices right now (on EU/US server on PS2/PC) is still a bit inflated on PSU in my opinion... It's slowly getting back on track tho~ I wouldn't mess with it if you ask me.

Indica
Mar 12, 2008, 02:07 AM
Sega programmers are not smart enough.

They programmed my PM to run into walls and and try to De-buff Bosses. You think Im gonna trust their banking system? lol

Follisimo
Mar 12, 2008, 02:36 AM
Well if he had 3 types of bank accounts I would say.......

Bronze - 1% 1Meseta to 10,000,000
Silver - 2% 10,000,001 to 25,000,000
Gold - 3% 25,000,001 and up

But the system would never work as it would just raise the prices of items and it wouldn't make a difference.

amtalx
Mar 12, 2008, 06:34 AM
This game shits money like a kid with diarrhea. I don't think there is any need.

SStrikerR
Mar 12, 2008, 06:39 AM
On 2008-03-12 04:34, amtalx wrote:
This game shits money like a kid with diarrhea. I don't think there is any need.

you mind pointing that kid over here? =P

Blueblur
Mar 12, 2008, 07:23 AM
Banking system? If anything PSU should be less complicated, not more.

Kirie
Mar 12, 2008, 08:16 AM
As for the rate goes... lets say the rate is 3% per month... you'd have like 15mil per month per account with maxed out meseta?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kirie on 2008-03-12 06:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kirie on 2008-03-12 07:46 ]</font>

CoSine
Mar 12, 2008, 08:41 AM
Instead of a constant rate, there should something like a 10% or 5% default rate in which you could potentially lose half your money. The other 90% or 95% you actually earn interest of whatever.
Of course this isn't banking, but more of a investment in a company or something.

Just giving money without risk is dumb idea.
But hey, this economics... people here don't even understand supply and demand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CoSine on 2008-03-12 06:42 ]</font>

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 12, 2008, 06:43 PM
Just giving money without risk is dumb idea.
But hey, this economics... people here don't even understand supply and demand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CoSine on 2008-03-12 06:42 ]</font>
[/quote]

eh i guess thats true

even tho people did kinda mess up the whole pricing of things =/

Tengoku
Mar 12, 2008, 06:45 PM
On 2008-03-12 00:07, Indica wrote:
Sega programmers are not smart enough.

They programmed my PM to run into walls and and try to De-buff Bosses. You think Im gonna trust their banking system? lol
LOL @ you for not understanding that programming dynamic AI is tough. That's ok, bashing SEGA seems to be popular around here, so you're just trying to be cool, I understand. /hijack

Well, to be fair, if you want a true banking system, the Gurhal System Trust (tm) would have fees out the wazoo and would eat up all your interest in no time. You'd have minimum account balances, or you'd be charged a fee. Access your money more than 3 times a week? Pay a fee. Don't access your money at least three times a month? Pay a fee. Check your account balance more than three times a week? Pay a fee. Want to use a mobile money kiosk? Pay a fee. Want to use the counter at the local branch? Pay a fee. Want to use money in your account instead of what's on you? Pay a fee. A bit exaggerated, perhaps, but only slightly.

You can earn far more mesetas running a few missions than you would with interest. You just couldn't deposit your money, log off for a month, then expect to log back in with more money than you started with. This game hands you money (almost, but I'm staying far away from the kid mentioned above) and only the laziest players complain about not having any money. Much like real life, the money is out there, you just have to be willing to go get it.

I don't assume that the OP is lazy, as he was just tossing the idea out, but I think the idea of earning interest on free money is a tad silly.

Reginaldo
Mar 13, 2008, 12:45 PM
I have like 250 million, what does that qualify me for?