PDA

View Full Version : Meh updates

Mikura
Mar 11, 2008, 04:56 PM
Man, I'm really disappointed. I wanted the PA exp adjustment more than anything else. The stuff this update has to offer is kinda "meh" in my opinion.

Notice: This topic was originally part of 3/14 Update (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?forum=20&topic=171694)

Powder Keg
Mar 11, 2008, 04:59 PM
More ugly clothes for male fleshies...

Happy about the Jaggo Amures, considering normal Jaggos are totally useless now.

RadiantLegend
Mar 11, 2008, 06:24 PM
Lameness >_<;
(Back to brawl till april i guess)

Notice: This topic was originally part of 3/14 Update (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?forum=20&topic=171694)

Lykos
Mar 11, 2008, 08:26 PM
On 2008-03-11 16:24, Ragolismine wrote:
Lameness >_<;
(Back to brawl till april i guess)

Indeed... 'cept I don't have Brawl. -.-

NPCMook
Mar 11, 2008, 08:29 PM
"They gave us an Update!? REALLY AWESOME, I'm gonna go play brawl"

Zorafim
Mar 11, 2008, 08:42 PM
On 2008-03-11 18:26, LaughingMan wrote:
great they release weapons weaker and harder to get get than the ones I already have and rehash the mission I hated the most back in the day.Plus again lame male cast parts.

THANKS SEGA I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Fixed.

Kylie
Mar 12, 2008, 01:26 PM
There's still a chance it'll be ninja'd in with the other updates. Don't read into the, "LOL IT'S NOT ON THE MAIN PAGE, SO WE'RE NOT GETTING IT!" Because since when has the main page been an accurate source for updates? *cough* Forest Of Illusion, delays, etc. Also, maybe you can recall that the WT patch wasn't mentioned in its update announcement, but we got it anyways. There's just no telling with ST; don't be surprised if their rep guys approve it at the last minute. But, either way, the cap raise is what I wanted most. We're getting that (unless there's a delay), so I'm happy.

Seority
Mar 12, 2008, 01:36 PM
LOL me and Drex learned of the update and here is what we decided.
-Try out Bruce
-Might care about capping, might not
-BRAWL
-BRAWL
-Rock Band
-BRAWL
-Oh wait, PSU exists? LOL oh yeah, I was lvling, something...

LOLs but yes the PA thing would be nice, (we'd acctually might hold off brawl for a while if that happened ;( )but a spose a new cap is nice and also the new mission. Something to do on PSU XP

Zorafim
Mar 12, 2008, 06:27 PM
So, I'm sure I'm not the only one dissapointed with updates lately. When AoI came out, we had huge updates for the first month or so. After that, it sort of just whithered without warning. If they would have told us it wouldn't stay like that, I wouldn't mind, but this update is just about as small as the ones we had at the end of v1's updates.

Mikura
Mar 12, 2008, 07:47 PM
On 2008-03-12 11:26, Kylie wrote:
There's still a chance it'll be ninja'd in with the other updates. Don't read into the, "LOL IT'S NOT ON THE MAIN PAGE, SO WE'RE NOT GETTING IT!" Because since when has the main page been an accurate source for updates? *cough* Forest Of Illusion, delays, etc. Also, maybe you can recall that the WT patch wasn't mentioned in its update announcement, but we got it anyways. There's just no telling with ST; don't be surprised if their rep guys approve it at the last minute. But, either way, the cap raise is what I wanted most. We're getting that (unless there's a delay), so I'm happy.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=73206&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

Really wish that was true but Chill already confirmed we won't be getting the adjustments this week. I was expecting maybe a couple of weeks after the JP's got it before we would but an entire month now? That seems pretty harsh.

Syl
Mar 12, 2008, 08:36 PM
On 2008-03-12 11:36, Seority wrote:
-BRAWL
-Rock Band

2 games I'd die for right about now... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Mewnie
Mar 12, 2008, 08:53 PM
Meh. There's other games out there to play.

If you're getting tired of PSU, try one of them. PSU will be here when you come back.

I myself am kind of waiting for the bullet and tech adjustments so I can go AT and level my buffs and bow bullets up :3

Mikura
Mar 12, 2008, 09:23 PM
On 2008-03-12 18:53, Mewnie wrote:
Meh. There's other games out there to play.

If you're getting tired of PSU, try one of them. PSU will be here when you come back.

I myself am kind of waiting for the bullet and tech adjustments so I can go AT and level my buffs and bow bullets up :3

I'm waiting on the adjustments before I lvl Fortegunner again. Lvling bullets as they are now just takes too damn long.

I already got my buffs on my AT to 31+ the old fashioned way and trust me, you want to avoid that for now. >_>

Mewnie
Mar 12, 2008, 11:34 PM
Oh I know. I got Deband to 27 and I wanted to cry.

thebummers
Mar 13, 2008, 12:42 AM
What kind of jackass who pays money monthly for a product actually expects updates to work when applied and for a company to update a product with new content when they say they are updating the product with new content? That is totally unfrickinreasonable.

GuardianElite
Mar 13, 2008, 12:44 AM
On 2008-03-12 22:42, thebummers wrote:
Blah Blah blah blah...

To be honest I could care less...

cApNhOwDy
Mar 13, 2008, 12:46 AM
What with the rollback and now this, I'm glad that I'm currently playing a different online game right now. When they get their shit together and produce an update that's worth a monthly fee, I'll be back in a New York Minute. I dont think that'll happen until Max Attack G, though.

CelestialBlade
Mar 13, 2008, 01:16 AM
I really wish we got the GT and Ranger boost this update, but eh. The update isn't that bad. We could get 10 new missions in a single update and everyone would go back to farming the same mission after a day, so it really doesn't matter what they give us.

Chibi_psu
Mar 13, 2008, 02:52 AM
just great...what do you expect from a dev. team that works 2 hours a week?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibichibi on 2008-03-13 00:54 ]</font>

GuardianElite
Mar 13, 2008, 03:15 AM
On 2008-03-13 00:52, chibichibi wrote:
just great...what do you expect from a dev. team that works 2 hours a week?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibichibi on 2008-03-13 00:54 ]</font>

pretty sure psu isnt the only thing they're working on...

Psycho_Sonic
Mar 13, 2008, 03:21 AM
Great, so they don't care? Screw this, i'm cancelling till MAG.

LaughingMan
Mar 13, 2008, 03:35 AM
On 2008-03-12 22:42, thebummers wrote:
What kind of jackass who pays money monthly for a product actually expects updates to work when applied and for a company to update a product with new content when they say they are updating the product with new content? That is totally unfrickinreasonable.

I <3 Sarcasm

Chris28
Mar 13, 2008, 05:18 AM
I love everyones reaction to a problem...."Something's gone wrong? I'm Canceling!!!"

Gunslinger-08
Mar 13, 2008, 05:31 AM
Meh. All the more reason for me to do something else during spring break. %D

Neith
Mar 13, 2008, 07:10 AM
On 2008-03-13 03:18, Sinow wrote:
I love everyones reaction to a problem...."Something's gone wrong? I'm Canceling!!!"

What I will say though is that every update over the course of the last month has been totally botched. We've recieved bugged items, got updates when we weren't meant to (and vice versa), GBR was bugged on 360..

For a service that requires a fee from users, it's pretty understandable why people are quitting in droves- the quality of the game (in terms of maintenence/updates) has been horrendous.

I'm not quitting yet, still have one or two items left to hunt, and a delay of Bruces S wouldn't exactly bother me.

Packrat
Mar 13, 2008, 07:14 AM
Unfortunately all the issues we've had over the last year have made at least 80% of my friend list quit. Even my RL friends have quit over the last 2-3 months. It's to the point where it's a good day on the PC/PS2 servers if there's 2 and a half stars on Uni 2. So it's not exactly a knee-jerk reaction but a culmination of several issues over time. And I'm close to my breaking point as well.. ;_;

th0rnz
Mar 13, 2008, 07:18 AM
I'm sorry but I can't see why people are quitting over such minor issues in my eyes. You know patch days could possibly be buggy, avoid playing until you know there won't be an issue.

Other than that and some of the glitches (the only really bad one was the grinder glitch, mg glitch really hurt nobody imo), this game is pretty well built, try some other games that have issues that are never fixed (not gonna name them)

Reipard
Mar 13, 2008, 07:36 AM
I'm sorry but I can't see why people are quitting over such minor issues in my eyes. You know patch days could possibly be buggy, avoid playing until you know there won't be an issue.

Maybe because they don't want to pay tol support that kind of crap? It IS their money.

Cry0
Mar 13, 2008, 07:57 AM
i understand a lot of people who want to quit. I mean, it's not like sega is giving you your money's worth, that much is true. but currently im just playing because i'm having fun. I do find that sega has to get off their lazy asses, but that wont ever happen. so bottom line is you either play a faulty game, that has little support, or you quit. depends on your personal situation, i guess. i do find it dplorable that there's only 2 more full stars on uni 2, on a decent day. good thing a bunch of frineds still play regularly.

amtalx
Mar 13, 2008, 08:38 AM
On 2008-03-13 05:18, th0rnz wrote:

Are you serious? I would never blame someone for quitting this game. We've come to EXPECT failure from ST. "Avoid playing" might work if the servers were free, but we pay for that time. Their recent performance has been beyond unacceptable. Consistent delays, misinformation, and rollbacks are not the way to run a business.

The only reason this game's servers haven't been shut down from lack of interest is that Sega has managed to keep a very loyal fanbase despite ludicrously bad software and support since the post-DC era. For some reason which totally escapes me, some of us (myself included) keep coming back for a kick in the head. Maybe its just that some small part of me still beleives that ST can return to a fraction of what they once were...

Neith
Mar 13, 2008, 08:45 AM
On 2008-03-13 05:18, th0rnz wrote:
Other than that and some of the glitches (the only really bad one was the grinder glitch, mg glitch really hurt nobody imo), this game is pretty well built, try some other games that have issues that are never fixed (not gonna name them)

- PM Bombing
- Mechgun Glitch
- Synth Glitch #1 (Where you could get all the materials back from a synth by terminating PSU if it failed, heh. I think I can write this, because you can't do it now.)
- Synth Glitch #2 (Abusing glitch on 100% success weapons to get 50%)
- PM Food Item Bug (character damaging, resulted in rollback)
- Release of Rare Enemy Debug Missions (resulted in rollback)

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember. Saying the grinder glitch was the only harmful one is pretty oblivious. There's another server, remember.

Point is, people are paying for a service, and the least you should expect is for that service to be relatively professional and well carried out. When you have blunder after blunder with maintenence and updates, you begin to question what you're exactly paying for, especially when some free games have better management of things like this.

While I'm not too bothered if this update gets delayed, Sega are just shooting themselves in the foot each time they mess up, and more people leave the game. There's already only 2 to 2 1/2 stars on the most populated universe of PC/PS2 (3* on a good day), and its dropping off lately. People are getting sick of mess-ups, and quite frankly, I can't say I blame them at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2008-03-13 06:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2008-03-13 06:49 ]</font>

amtalx
Mar 13, 2008, 08:56 AM
Don't forget that there was a rollback for 360 right after AoI hit.

Also, there was a HUGE rollback on the JP servers when the game was first released. I can't remember, but it wasn't like our rollbacks where we loose a few hours of progress at most. They lost weeks of data.

Neith
Mar 13, 2008, 10:30 AM
On 2008-03-13 06:56, amtalx wrote:
Don't forget that there was a rollback for 360 right after AoI hit.

Also, there was a HUGE rollback on the JP servers when the game was first released. I can't remember, but it wasn't like our rollbacks where we loose a few hours of progress at most. They lost weeks of data.

Yeah, the JP rollback (if I recall correctly) actually caused the game to be free play again for a little while, and the already-released game went back into an emergency 'beta',heh. May be wrong on that, it was so long ago.

So no, ST hasn't had a good run with PSU whatsoever.

cApNhOwDy
Mar 13, 2008, 04:38 PM
this game is pretty well built

I hope you're being sarcastic, it's hard to tell over the internet. This game is terribly built from any standpoint. Excusing the desperately drawn out and very small updates, most of which is just locked content that Sega steals away from it's users because they know that if they actually let their players play with what's on the disc then everyone would be tired of the game already, let's focus on the rest of the game's issues. It's a choppy PS2 game, it demands high system requirements as a PC game, and the Xbox 360 version had memory leaks and correct me if I'm wrong but some users are still experiencing slowdown. Other players models lag around in the lobbies and sometimes even in-game, they'll look like they're hitting air when in actuality they're on the opposite side of the room. The PC version's user interface isnt any more friendly than the console counterparts, the draw distance while not affecting gameplay is still lacking and noticeable, it doesnt have the basic graphical features like anti-aliasing that most PC games have shipped with for YEARS, heck you cant even get a resolution higher than 1280x1024 and they finally support widescreen but it doesnt go any higher than 1280x764. This would have been an excusable PS2 game in 2003, but it lacks the quality that most products are supposed to ship with out of common courtesy today. This isnt from a gameplay standpoint, it's from a quality product standpoint.

Darkly
Mar 13, 2008, 06:10 PM
cApNhOwDy, your wall of text isn't wrong. It's just that i don't understand why people like you even pllay this game. Personally i don't play this game enough to get pissed off by the game's quality, This game is fun for me because i play it every so often with a few friends and generally act silly when playing it.

But for people like you, i find it hard to believe that you still enjoy playing this game, I know some of the games problems too but i dont blurt out a chunk of text when someone claims the game is made well. Im not trying to offend you, its just that i find it hard for people who moan about this game so much still enjoy anything of it.

cApNhOwDy
Mar 13, 2008, 06:30 PM
I still play PSU because it's the closest thing to PSO that still has enough of a community for me to get lost in. I have fun with it from time to time because it is an online action RPG, a rare genre that has the potential to be alot of fun, but only when Sega has added enough content to keep me busy for more than a weekend. Recently, that has not been happening. I could go on and on about how much better PSO was than PSU, both in terms of a quality product and better gameplay, but since people are entitled to their opinions as to which one has better gameplay, I focus on the facts. I am not "moaning", this game is poorly built and lacks quality and polish, anyone who disagrees is fooling themselves. Doesnt mean it's a bad game, just badly made. And because I tell it like it is, doesnt mean that I dont enjoy it or dont have a reason to play the game. Get it?

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 14, 2008, 01:27 AM
I have to agree, cApN. The recent update fiascos have really made me begin questioning my subscription; as it is now, I have school and all, so I only get time to play on the weekends. But if the updates are STILL this bad when summer rolls around, I may just end up quitting for something else. Sega's track record with this game has been far less than stellar, and the fact that I have to gimp my alt on low PT levels to find any sort of challenge is unacceptable to me at this point. Hopefully MA G will rekindle my interest somewhat. Assuming that doesn't get botched, either.