PDA

View Full Version : Photon Drop Prize Chart

Nintense
Jan 18, 2003, 12:28 PM
I believe the Photon Drop Prize Chart, found here http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=307, is pretty far off.

When I went to get a Berill Photon for 17 drops, I was able to find Monomate, Monofluid, Assist Barrier, Add Slot, Recovery Barrier, Magic Water, Parasitic Cell D, Berill Photon, Nei's Claw, Yellow Barrier, Blue Barrier, and Red Barrier all for only 17 photon drops.

The guide currently lists some of these items as taking as many as 30 drops. Unfortunately, getting my Berill Photon left me with only 4 drops, so I wasn't able to test any further.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nintense on 2003-01-18 09:38 ]</font>

Saladwood
Jan 18, 2003, 03:10 PM
Generally, the more Photon Drops you trade in at any given time, the better the
prize. So, theoretically, handing over 50 Drops will get you a better prize
than just handing over 1. But there is a trick, because there are different
levels of prizes. The trick is to figure out the exact minimum number of Drops
you need to offer in order to claim your prize. If you can get an item for 1
Drop, don't offer him 10 for it. If you can get it for 80 Drops, don't offer
him 81.

The basic set of items are always available. As you reach various plateaus,
new items are added.

Nintense
Jan 18, 2003, 05:59 PM
I know, I'm just saying that the photon drop prize chart here on PSOWorld lists some of the items as taking more photon drops to get than they really do. You can get everything, except for the last 4 items, at the 17 photon drop level...

Nintense
Jan 27, 2003, 10:54 AM
Just wondering if anyone has looked into this any further yet...

Neo-Zenji
Jan 30, 2003, 07:52 AM
Most of the stuff here is wrong most from false info but who cares

LollipopLolita
Jan 30, 2003, 02:46 PM
hi nintense, i updated it today after i verified all the findings. should look fine now. thanks for alerting us.

and zenji, i'm gonna ignore that comment. we always try to verify everything and correct all the errors.

Nintense
Jan 30, 2003, 06:25 PM
Cool, does look much better now. Although, it's still a little off. All the 20-49 drops stuff should actually be 17-49. I was finding everything for 17 photon drops. Really, what probably needs to be done is someone needs to go there many times with 17 drops, then with 18, then with 19, and so on, all the way up to 99, to really get it done right. But that'd take a heck of a lot of time and drops, eheh.