PDA

View Full Version : A Pair No Exist

MinervaEros
Mar 14, 2008, 03:48 AM
Plot related question.

When you beat Vol Opt and go to that little area where theres a locked door to the Ruins, Rico talks about the scientists were trying to translate the information on the 3 Pillars and on the Door to the Ruins.

Then she says lots of stuff about... Light, Dark, a Pair, No Exist... etc.

Theres also that Mutt, Ditts, Ponum (almost certain I spelled all 3 of those wrong)

Now I'm pretty sure the last 3 are references to the 3 planets from Algol and how they, like Forest, Caves, and Mines, were part of a triple seal that kept Falz locked in...

But I dont get the beginning part. I guess its just talking about Dark Falz and darkness and stuff, but I still dont really get it.
Does anyone understand it better than I do?

Banish
Mar 14, 2008, 09:44 AM
It has something to do with unlocking the sealed door. The transcript that you read "light makes darkness, a pair..." was the seal that the inhabitants of Ragol must of used, before they abandoned Ragol.

"We've come at the worst place at the worst possible time".

In Ruins 3 Rico mentions about having to fight Dark Flaz, because she "opened the door". It is really just refering to the revolution of darkness upon the undiscovered ruins, and of the planet. The darkness had returned, in other words.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2008-03-14 07:46 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Mar 14, 2008, 10:30 AM
It's probably intended as a semi-cryptic reference to the Great Light and the Profound Darkness.

Mind you, I have problems with that whole translation thing that have nothing to do with what it says, but rather how unrealistic it is. XP Let's see, government/lab has been working on this for quite possibly years and hasn't figured anything out, then Ms. Rico comes along, worried about being able to translate it with her 'simple tools', and then successfully manages a translation from a single short inscription containing statistically unlikely words and phrases and grammar that doesn't apparently match Coralian grammar.

Even with the demonstrated level of technology in PSO, I call bullshit. We've got samples of ancient writings with more examples than a single inscription that people have been working on for decades with no success. The Rosetta Stone was so important because it opened the door to deciphering hieroglyphics by way of having the same inscription in three languages, one of which was very well known and documented.

Now it's possible, I suppose, that Falz is feeding information to her, but why not feed it all at once? Or if you want a PS linking theory it could be an ancient Palman dialect that's survived in some altered or unaltered form on Coral and Rico knows some of it and is able to figure it out from that, but taken at face value Rico being able to translate it makes no damned sense.

AlexCraig
Mar 14, 2008, 12:03 PM
Most of it is explained in some of the messages in Ruins 3. Rico explains throughout the Ruins what was sealed behind the door and why it was sealed.

Personally, while I think Muut Ditts Poumn might be a reference to the Phantasy Star games, I do not think they are linked in-game to the Phantasy Star games. I mean, look at FoI in AOI. Yes, reminiscent of the Forest in PSO, but it is not the actual forest itself and the PCs are not actually on Ragol.