PDA

View Full Version : A bit disappointed

Sora_Psu
Mar 14, 2008, 08:33 AM
i am started to get a bit disappointed in PSU Pc/Ps2 ver. The community is pretty much shot and hardly anyone in MY friend list (which i have pretty much wiped) plays together anymore. Then the rollbacks, the boring missions..and the even more boring quests. Then the icing on the cake is the most anticipated Max Attack G.. No Doubt it will probably rekindle this dim flame..but come on They pretty much ruined falz, levels have PSU insted of Pso enemies... Now this may not apply to some players thi is simply from personal experience. I just wanna kno whatwe as a community could do to make things more enjoyible for us..and maybe keep eachother interested in the game to maybe prevent some of the constan quits. Maybe also for the sake of conversation you think ST should do to make it more enjoyib for us like: maybe weekend exp boosts, annual drop rate increases (aside from GBR) and maybe some other things.

Yunfa
Mar 14, 2008, 08:46 AM
I think you are one of those people that can never be pleased with anything. Weekly exp boost? Are you out of your mind? Although it may be just an idea from top of your head, but seriously, with all these new updates yet you still complain.

Now regarding to your first few points of the post, yes it's sad that there isn't much people to play with, and how the players give you their card and never show up again. Hence why I bought a 360 (acually that week i bought the 360 out of impulse to make myself feel better because i wrecked my Honda into a BMW) and joined my friends in real life. (two of them were banned from doing the grinder glitch, i only managed to convince one of them coming back)

- Bottom line is, if the game doesnt entertain you like games should, either find a new way to play the game that will apeal to you, or move onto a different game. You dont have to play PSU everyday, many merits of playing PSU is that its very relaxed where you dont feel like you need play on hours nonstop.

ashley50
Mar 14, 2008, 08:51 AM
Oh, you're JUST starting to get dissapointed on PSU on the PC/PS2 side?! That's sad...
I've heard this alot already from some of my known friends who thinks the PC/PS2 community is dead.
And the screw ups and other stuff that happened in the past. (hackers, haxeta...etc)
If the game is really that boring...then why did you start playing this game? Expecting a lot ain't we?

Honestly, i don't care as i've heard it alot already. I'm sick of hearing the same thing over and over about the PC/PS2 community. This kind of ranting isn't new...it just keeps going back in the cycle of rants.

Then why not go to 360 like everyone else did? I heard its much better there or you can also go to the JP servers.

AND also...there's always PSOBB to comeback to where most of teh community says its the BEST!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2008-03-14 06:56 ]</font>

Kylie
Mar 14, 2008, 11:12 AM
But what is new is that the community has dropped from almost five stars, to three stars, and now to two stars in just a matter of months. As my friend pointed out last night, there are hardly even spammers on the fourth floor anymore. The problems have always existed on our servers, yes, but they have gotten worse lately. Is it so bad that the OP has concerns about it and wants things to get addressed so they get better? I don't think so. I am sure that anyone that cares about the wellbeing of this game feels the same way, just maybe in a different manner. That said, I don't agree with your ideas. I don't think drop rate boosts, etc. is what PSU needs. I think things like that that make the game too easy are the biggest problems we have right now. The main thing that hurt the population in general - in the beginning - was the hacking madness that went on too often back in the day. ST also needs a better plan to execute plans for updates and events, and they need to work on their competence.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-03-14 09:44 ]</font>

Mewnie
Mar 14, 2008, 11:39 AM
Yeah, it sucks. Sega dropped the ball promoting PSU big time.

However, I will not switch to 360.

- I don't have the money to buy one (art student)

- PSU360's game-crippling memory leaks in certain missions

- The community: 9/10, any complaints of scammers or boss box booting is from PSU360.

- 360's notorious reputation for breaking down. RRoD? No thanks.

- Frankly, there's no other games that I'm interested in for 360

panzer_unit
Mar 14, 2008, 11:52 AM
I dunno, it seems like a normal-person thing to do to play PSU for a few months and then start spending a lot more time on other videogames, real life, whatever.

Mewnie
Mar 14, 2008, 11:53 AM
On 2008-03-14 09:52, panzer_unit wrote:
I dunno, it seems like a normal-person thing to do to play PSU for a few months and then start spending a lot more time on other videogames, real life, whatever.

Yeah, it's what I do. Playing any one game for too long leads to burnout.

Right now, it's real life that's getting most of the attention :3

Seority
Mar 14, 2008, 01:45 PM
PSU has so much content already, but once you play long enough to have a capped character it does get dull.
I'd say just have more content and it'd help the popluation of PSU players.
As far as how many people are on, I enjoy the few good players on PS2/PC compaired to just having a crap load of idoits trying to fight over rares with each other. But I do agree it takes the big punch out of online games if you're just playing the game alone. ; (

Sora_Psu
Mar 14, 2008, 05:09 PM
Its not about ranting at all i just want to know what we could do as a community on the Ps2/Pc servers to make it more enjoyable for our playtime tis all. & the weekly exp boosts happen in a lot of online games, like it doesn't have to necessarily be weekly but annual small event would be helpful and more enjoyable, keep the player interested

Kylie
Mar 14, 2008, 11:08 PM
Well, the WinterFesta boosted most things, and I think it hastened my ride to "Cap Land," where I wish I'd not gotten to so quickly (I need some more self-control). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif So I'd rather see fresh material and more challenges rather than boosts. Boosts would just make people cry out for more content that much sooner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-03-14 21:11 ]</font>

darkante
Mar 15, 2008, 06:49 AM
There is one thing that annoys me.

When people complains about having capped lv and nothing else to strive for and think itīs dull afterward cause they were after max lv and then they get bored.
Well you know what?
Stop spamming White Beast to defeat your purpose to keep on playing this non competive game.
ARGH!

Besides there is a thing called RARES and SOCIAL thing also..go for those two... >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2008-03-15 04:51 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Mar 15, 2008, 11:46 AM
My largest gripe with PSU is that, achievement-wise, the entire year I spent playing PSU V1 was practically washed away by AoI. People that haven't even been playing for more than a couple of months have surpassed me in both levels and equipment.

Not that it bothers me in the greater scheme of things, but it would have been nice if it were all scheduled about a bit better. I certainly don't regret playing through V1 though, I have met some awesome folks whom I've gotten quite good relations with. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SStrikerR
Mar 15, 2008, 05:34 PM
I got tired of PSU...as said before, there's nothing to do. And to people saying "no we got all these new updates and content and stuff!"

NEWSFLASH-THEY SUCK!
GBR-FAIL
FALZ-MEGA FAIL
All the new players who just started getting to level 120 in a week or so AND getting insane rares easily-MF FAIL.

/endrant

So i kinda just quit for a while, but ill probably be back when MAG comes around..but I don't feel a drive to play anymore.