PDA

View Full Version : wts so good about mechguns and cards?

DemiDeviMatt
Jan 18, 2003, 01:19 PM
well cards add like 100+ to atp, and dick to everything else, their abilities rnt the greatest and they attack slow as fuck and the range aint that great...also with mechguns i see how its 9 shots total, but overall they have hella lag tym at end aswell as start up...plus damage aint the greatest either...so wts so great about using any of these weapons?

MaJin
Jan 18, 2003, 01:49 PM
Guess u never see an HUcast doin 400-500 damage everysingle shots with L&K Combat and that is without Shifta....

Munki
Jan 18, 2003, 02:30 PM
Cards are nice, as they require MST to use, not ATA. For a Force, this is very nice. Since it will be some time before the average force will get to use a decent handgun, these will give them some range. Besides most of them have TP steal as their special, and if you can hit with all 3 from the last strike, that can be a lot of TP very quickly. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The mechs? Give a good Mechgun to a HU and you will quickly see why they are so good.

And MaJin... It would be nice to see a HUcast do 400-500 per hit... but most of the time, I think I usually see 400 miss miss miss 500 miss miss 500...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif If you wanna see power, give it to a HUcaseal... you will only do like 300-400 per hit... but you will most likely hit each time.

Long live the HUcaseal!

Elixer
Jan 18, 2003, 03:02 PM
mech can be very good. ig you get a pair of say L&K mechs with 40+% for forest you will dela out a lot of damage in the 9 hit combo.

VulpesMundi
Jan 18, 2003, 03:04 PM
Give a hunter a mechgun-class weapon with +50 hit or more and you have the highest ranged attack damage potential, and one of the highest damage potentials out of all weapon types. Out off what I've seen, the only weapon that's truly stronger overall is a Black King Bar.

Personally, I think the cards are kinda pointless. A tanking force is better off using stronger weapons and a true force would do better with a weapon that boosts techs. TP steal is a waste of time, as that's what fluids are for (instantly).

Cloud_01
Jan 18, 2003, 03:09 PM
Yeah, mechgun types are a very useful weapon type. I currently use my Vulcans 0/0/35/40/45% on the ultimate ruins with my HUmar and they can deal out a good amount of damage. I barely ever miss too.

dj_dan
Jan 18, 2003, 04:46 PM
When you get to the higher lv characters, you will notice more and more are using mechguns.

You can't beat them, they are just the best... period.

Once your ATP reaches a certain point, you will stop hitting for 0's and start doing major damage.

My lv. 134 HUcast has 1320 base atp so far, he is equipped with a "Charge Gatling +9" and this weapon has 50% hit.

I'm sorry, but I just own everything in sight in Ult Seabed.
I can take out a Recobox in one combo, everytime.

As for the rest of the enemies, once they are frozen (via traps/techs/etc) their evade goes waaaaay down, and I hit for major damage, 900+. I've gone as high as 1430 (!!!).

You just can't beat that.

Para
Jan 18, 2003, 05:15 PM
Mechguns work so well in close combat as long as you hit.... 1v1 monsters cant even touch you if you have a mechgun... also the strong attack pushes the enemy away so you can reload and fire again.

KendraKirai
Jan 18, 2003, 05:50 PM
Speaking as a RAcaseal, I think I can safely say that mechguns are the way to go for short range combat. I'm doing more damage with a three hit hard attack combo from my mechguns than I'm doing with a three hit normal attack combo from anything but my photon launchers, and they hit a *lot* more than most other weapons do if you have good ATA. The ability to push the enemy back nine times in a matter of seconds (and that's *without* a ***/battle part) is a real lifesaver, as most enemies have a small lag before they hit....On ultimate, I'm hitting them nine times, moving to the side a little so they miss me, and doing another string of nine.

I'm not even using some of the real *good* mechguns either, just a pair of Vise's with 20/25/0/0/0. I'll *really* be a menace if I ever find a god/battle to replace my Devil/battle.

Basically, with mechguns, versus most other weapons, you simply do more damage overall in single combat. My Vises are my staple weapon against Falz, De Rol Le, and the Dragon once I've got him on the ground, simply because it does more damage faster. Sure, rifles outrange them, handguns often have better single-shot power, shotguns hit multiple, and photon launchers are *really* powerful...but for quick attacks, and if you have good ATP to begin with, they're killers of a high order. (I'd rank them only a little behind weapons which hit multiple enemies quickly, such as the Black/Monkey King Bar, personally..

As for the cards, I haven't gotten to use them yet on my Force, but as I seldom have the money to buy fluids at the moment, and often just don't like going back to buy more, I find myself using my trusty Heart Stick more than my stronger-special Shock Wand. Forces go through TP in a hurry, and doing damage *while* refilling TP is always a bonus.

Stalfos333
Jan 18, 2003, 06:29 PM
I love mechguns on my Hucast, for all the reasons above. Most enemies stop when shot, and the hard attack knocks them back. The first hit doesn't have bad lag time, and the second and third come nearly instantaneously if you use a normal attack. The lag time at the end is horrendous, but even on Ult the enemy will leave you time enough to move aside from point blank range, if your last attack is hard. It's no thing.

The best part of the Mechgun type hasn't been explored, though...the last shot of a single button press can target a new enemy. As opposed to wasting the full 200 hp damage of another weapon's hit to kill an enemy, mechguns will shoot two 90's, and hit the next enemy for 90. Which means you can hit the next guy in line four times, for an even greater damage boost over powerful three shot weapons like sabres.

As for cards, they're more useless than slicers in solo. TP absorb is nice, but you have to have high ATA to sap any with the special moves. The damage doesn't even count, as most cards (while rare) can't even match a baton for power. Couple that with the screwy attack plan for the third attack (It's only really viable against Claws in the Ruins, as most other enemies line up instead of fanning out), and it's just a bad plan. Find a first generation handgun with TP steal, you'll do more damage and probably hit with it more. Granted, Forces need no weapon, but you could at least get a baton with the MST boost or a rare staff to boost an element over this crappy weapon type.

I, for one, am glad there aren't normal cards. The battlefield would probably end up as littered with those as with slicers.

Brundidge
Jan 18, 2003, 06:54 PM
I love mech guns. I don't really care about the lag time. If you know how to play with them then you'll be a force to be reckoned with. Though the ATP may be low once equiped but depending on your ATP the accumilitve damage can be more than any other weapon you have (for example my vulcan+9 with 50%hit does more damage than my red handgun+50 with no additional stats).

Blue-Hawk
Jan 18, 2003, 11:49 PM
mechguns are cumulative damage. or as i told my friend in multiplayer one time when i was using mine. 'how do i deal my death? volume, volume, volume!'

Nani-chan
Jan 19, 2003, 06:49 AM
Mechs are so awesome! The damage per 3 seconds is much more than most weapons. Sure the hucast and hucaseal can probably do more damage with a L&K than rangers yet do they get to use the more powerful mechs? Not really. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 19, 2003, 06:10 PM
Mechguns do very solid damage and even if yo miss the first 6 hits, the last three usually hit (My level 102 Humar does about 350 a hit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KendraKirai
Jan 19, 2003, 09:45 PM
The best part about mechguns is that the critical hit is checked for *every* shot. You can get nine critical hits with a trio of hard attacks! That's rather more damage than just about anything else can do in the same time. With non-critical hard attacks, I'm doing about 150 damage per combo to monsters in ultimate caves 3. If I get three criticals (rare, but it happens) that goes to around 250. Now, with my *far* stronger Inferno Bazooka, a single hard attack (critical) does about 220. And that's assuming it even *hits*.

Thus....why *not* mechguns? You simply to more damage faster.

Tho I *do* adore my Guilty Light slightly more than my Vise +9...nothing beats staying out of range of ob lillies while still pounding them to bits. Maybe it'll change after I get some rarer weapons.