PDA

View Full Version : grinding sequences

BLADE_EDGE
Mar 15, 2008, 09:10 AM
theres been talk of sequences thet make you able to get things grinded to 10 like an a+3 then a+4 or something on certain items so that it never fails is this true and if so i want some sequences written here

ashley50
Mar 15, 2008, 09:19 AM
On 2008-03-15 07:10, BLADE_EDGE wrote:
theres been talk of sequences thet make you able to get things grinded to 10 like an a+3 then a+4 or something on certain items so that it never fails is this true and if so i want some sequences written here

Where have you heard this rumor?

BLADE_EDGE
Mar 15, 2008, 09:20 AM
people have been saying that they did combos multiple times and got 10 grinds every time

BFGfreak
Mar 15, 2008, 09:24 AM
I think it's mostly superstition, not to say I don't follow a certain sequence when I'm grinding, but mostly I think it's just superstition, the same with opening boss boxes in a certain order.

Kietrinia
Mar 15, 2008, 10:12 AM
I would honestly wonder about this. I mean, think about how their database held information about a weapon..

<geek>
If there was a sequence of grinders that led to a perfect grind, that would mean each weapon in the game would have to have a "grinding history" column in there that kept track of what type of grinder and luck was used on each grind.

If I were making the database for the game, I would make any entry in a table about a weapon have five attritbutes: WeaponID (links back to an ID in a table holding weapon info like the name, base stats, stat modifiers, etc), Element, Percent, Upgrade, MaxUpgrade

This theory would require adding ten or twenty more attributes per weapon. That's alot of database room to eat up for a feature that has little to no chance of being discovered.

Also, I doubt ST would leave something that could be discovered by hours of trial and error attempts. If you find this magical combination, you'd obviously share it. +10s would become insane common, the economy would take a hit from this, and it'd be insane...

..and before you debunk by saying that each weapon has a separate magical combination, I refer back to the database issue. I seriously doubt they would add a "magical grinder order" column to the Weapon Information Database. Again, too much database room to eat up for a feature that hardly a soul will find.
</geek>

Sorry, was digging through old textbooks and I found my old Database Management textbook. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kietrinia on 2008-03-15 08:13 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Mar 15, 2008, 11:33 AM
On 2008-03-15 07:20, BLADE_EDGE wrote:
people have been saying that they did combos multiple times and got 10 grinds every time

At first i thought Dogs were gullible, but now im starting to see Humans are far worse.

Kion
Mar 15, 2008, 12:24 PM
On 2008-03-15 07:20, BLADE_EDGE wrote:

more than likely coincidence and sheer dumb luck.

DAMASCUS
Mar 15, 2008, 12:54 PM
I'd swear there is something to this superstition but for me it seems like some manufacture are friendly with certain grinders than others. I'll use a certain sequence that is not unreasonable at the GRM shop and then when I try it again at Tenora all my weapons break. Yes, it could be coincidence but when I use a +7 Grinder to get to +3 on an A rank weapon and it fails twice in a row...I have to wonder.

th0rnz
Mar 15, 2008, 01:27 PM
I have my own thoughts on this for sure, and I know with 3 star luck following a certain pattern I can get an A-rank to +5 no matter what without breaking 99/100 times. 5-10 is a whole different story and relies a lot more on pure luck.

Simmy
Mar 15, 2008, 01:35 PM
Its all random, after grinding 328453475 weapons after +5... Its all pure luck. No way around it.

Deissa
Mar 15, 2008, 01:52 PM
On 2008-03-15 11:27, th0rnz wrote:
no matter what without breaking 99/100 times

so basically it's luck then

Kerry157
Mar 15, 2008, 01:55 PM
Yea just because the same thing happens more than once in a random environment doesnt mean that it isnt random

Apone
Mar 15, 2008, 01:59 PM
Some people just "got it" Unfortunately I am not one of those people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

MEGAMANexe
Mar 15, 2008, 02:29 PM
ok i wanted to keep my mouth shut but i guess i will reveal something... only to people who pm me (yes i have tried out this theory taht an old firend who was a veteran of the game told me) and it got me to a blackbull 10/10, deghana cannon 10/10, phantom 10/10, and a koltova gun to 10/10... it doesn't involve a sequence but it does involve one crucial step taht i believe always works ( i did this all on two star luck, not super holy light, all on the same day.) so if ya wanna hear it, jus send me a pm ill reply.

Follisimo
Mar 15, 2008, 02:34 PM
On 2008-03-15 12:29, MEGAMANexe wrote:
ok i wanted to keep my mouth shut but i guess i will reveal something... only to people who pm me (yes i have tried out this theory taht an old firend who was a veteran of the game told me) and it got me to a blackbull 10/10, deghana cannon 10/10, phantom 10/10, and a koltova gun to 10/10... it doesn't involve a sequence but it does involve one crucial step taht i believe always works ( i did this all on two star luck, not super holy light, all on the same day.) so if ya wanna hear it, jus send me a pm ill reply.

Proof of these items or it never happened.

MEGAMANexe
Mar 15, 2008, 02:34 PM
look in my shop i have the balckbull for sale right now, as for the rest, they are al in my apllette... wopuld you like to arrange and met with me?

Dragwind
Mar 16, 2008, 04:01 AM

If you're deciding to reveal it, why don't you just post it instead of requesting people to PM you? Sounds like pure BS, or a scam.

Anyways, they wouldn't implement such a stupid thing because sooner or later someone would find out, and tell everyone. Then everyone who plays the game could find out and everyone would have +10 equipment.

Plus if it was found out, JP's would have found it first almost no doubt. They would all supposedly have +10 equipment too.

Get your tomfoolery out of here, this isn't 4th grade. (Well maybe for you it is)

Kerry157
Mar 16, 2008, 04:40 AM
On 2008-03-16 02:01, Dragwind wrote:

If you're deciding to reveal it, why don't you just post it instead of requesting people to PM you? Sounds like pure BS, or a scam.

Anyways, they wouldn't implement such a stupid thing because sooner or later someone would find out, and tell everyone. Then everyone who plays the game could find out and everyone would have +10 equipment.

Plus if it was found out, JP's would have found it first almost no doubt. They would all supposedly have +10 equipment too.

Get your tomfoolery out of here, this isn't 4th grade. (Well maybe for you it is)

yea he told me the 'trick' but it didnt work, he just happened to get luck while he was doing it

Yunfa
Mar 16, 2008, 11:04 AM
"Old veteran," "i played since Dreamcast," "my friend is a GM," "my friend works for SEGA," i've heard it all, and everytime i hear it i call BS on whatever the topic the person is trying to say. S+10s all the way, (until i run out) It's all luck, my friend who used S+10s on 3 day luck managed to grind his Twin Tornado to 10/10, but then again when he tried to grind my Deva Zashi he gave it back to me as 0/3, even with high grinders and 3 star luck, shit happens, its just luck. I myself managed to grind a Pyschowand to 8/8, other than that a 9/9 34% Light Crea doubles on my fG. ITS LUCK!!! THERE IS NO STUPID GRINDING SEQUENCE.

DreXxiN
Mar 16, 2008, 09:44 PM

Really? That'd be awesome man, I'd love to know what your theory is, whether it's fake or not, I'll hear what you have to say.

I personally do horrible using S+10's on 3 luck xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreXxiN on 2008-03-16 19:46 ]</font>

Mikura
Mar 17, 2008, 12:59 PM
I don't believing a grinding sequence exists but for whatever reason, I seem to have the worst luck grinding Tenora brand weapons. I also used to think Kubara weapons were generally a pain in the ass to grind too since I had a bunch of Shatos that broke like hell when I tried getting them to +6, but then I had no problems grinding my Magical Wands.

So if anyone thinks they see a pattern, it's just a figment of their imagination manifested by a coincidence. It still boils down to random luck.

shotsfired
Mar 18, 2008, 07:24 PM
as far as a "sequence" I dont think there is. but you have to admit, there are certainly alot of 10 / 10 weps in shops now. I certainly can see where someone would think that there IS a trick to grinding, but i do have to agree with most of the people here, I think grinding is just dumb luck....

see my 4/6 gao rod and 4/7 psycho wand....

xeku
Mar 18, 2008, 08:37 PM
It's random luck - pure and simple.
I grind ordinary C weapons for kicks, on a regular basis, with whatever grinders I have laying around. My goal is to eventually have a complete melee set, just because.
I've actually spent countless hours doing this, heh - yeah, it's sad, but hey.
A bunch of this crap is in my PS2 main's store, while I purge her inventory (Est).

Most of the 10's I've grinded were actually created with 1-star luck (or none at all) and random grinders..
In fact, my rate of success was particularly bad during the recent week long 3-star luck deal we had on the PS2/PC servers.....I must have broken dozens before ever reaching +3, using only 7+ grinders...and I don't think this really means much of anything at all.

Bara
Mar 18, 2008, 08:41 PM
3* luck and +10 grinders period, thats it people.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 18, 2008, 08:43 PM
On 2008-03-18 17:24, shotsfired wrote:
as far as a "sequence" I dont think there is. but you have to admit, there are certainly alot of 10 / 10 weps in shops now. I certainly can see where someone would think that there IS a trick to grinding, but i do have to agree with most of the people here, I think grinding is just dumb luck....

see my 4/6 gao rod and 4/7 psycho wand....

S+10 grinders are what, 20k? Of course there's 10/10s floating around.

SmurfALMIGHTY
Mar 18, 2008, 08:50 PM
up to about 75k now wouldn't be surprised if it shot to 100k soon.

chalka
Mar 18, 2008, 09:31 PM
i have a sequence. its s+10 for all my grinds.

but since i rarely grind anymore, i figured id share my secret with the world.

Andy1423
Mar 19, 2008, 11:00 AM
I pretty much use anything up to 5 that says very high as my chances, then finish off with +10 from there. Saves some money, but at the same time I haven't made anything 10/10 yet. a handful of 8/10, 8/9, and 6/7's. Everything thing else i bought was already pre grinded

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-03-19 09:00 ]</font>

Kietrinia
Mar 19, 2008, 12:49 PM
Using S+10s the whole way isn't a very viable option on the PC/PS2 servers, so I can imagine alot of people from the PC/PS2 server looking for this trick. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif