PDA

View Full Version : Acrotecher

mario20061
Mar 15, 2008, 06:27 PM
hi there i need some advice on

1. what race do u recommend for Acrotecher ??
2. what technics do u recommend for Acrotecher ??
3. what is the fastest way to level up techincs ??

starting a techinc character for the fist time so i don't no were to start

RedMussel
Mar 15, 2008, 06:37 PM
Search, all your question have been asked too many times.

DEM_CIG
Mar 15, 2008, 06:39 PM
1. Human or Newman
2. Basic Spells, Ra spells, Gi spells, Buffs, Resta, Reverse, Giresta...
3. Not sure...

Pandaling
Mar 15, 2008, 06:42 PM
The way I play my aT, I use tech-mags with resta/giresta (if you have the 90 PA frags for it) and reverser (stat recovery) in all slots of my palette. These take up the left side. On the right side, I have wands or daggers. aT have a nice speed boost, so along with daggers it's awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Therefore having a healing mag paired up with daggers are win since you can heal yourself in tight situations. I play a human, which makes use of the higher atk for melee weps but also decent tech for techniques.

Also have a combination for buffing yourself. Shifta, deband, zodial, retier are the buffs. Put two on a mag and two in a wand. The only way you can really lvl these fast are buffing parties sadly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif (NPC and PMs don't count)

On the other hand, if you prefer using more techniques then melee, you *might* want to use a neuman for their tech boosts. I can't really help you there, but gidiga (ground skill), dambarta (ice skill), gibarta (ice skill), megid (99 PA frags lol, dark skill) are skills that I have on my palette for those monsters that have higher magic defence.... Megid is nice for its incapacitate status... but it only gets good after lvl 11 ^_^;

For other techs, melee weps.... you'll needa ask someone else ^_^; but I hope my insight is helpful to you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif and I hope no one will flame me for my lame build -_-

PALRAPPYS
Mar 15, 2008, 06:47 PM
On 2008-03-15 16:42, Pandaling wrote:
The way I play my aT, I use tech-mags with resta/giresta (if you have the 90 PA frags for it) and reverser (stat recovery) in all slots of my palette. These take up the left side. On the right side, I have wands or daggers. aT have a nice speed boost, so along with daggers it's awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Therefore having a healing mag paired up with daggers are win since you can heal yourself in tight situations. I play a human, which makes use of the higher atk for melee weps but also decent tech for techniques.

Also have a combination for buffing yourself. Shifta, deband, zodial, retier are the buffs. Put two on a mag and two in a wand. The only way you can really lvl these fast are buffing parties sadly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif (NPC and PMs don't count)

On the other hand, if you prefer using more techniques then melee, you *might* want to use a neuman for their tech boosts. I can't really help you there, but gidiga (ground skill), dambarta (ice skill), gibarta (ice skill), megid (99 PA frags lol, dark skill) are skills that I have on my palette for those monsters that have higher magic defence.... Megid is nice for its incapacitate status... but it only gets good after lvl 11 ^_^;

For other techs, melee weps.... you'll needa ask someone else ^_^; but I hope my insight is helpful to you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif and I hope no one will flame me for my lame build -_-

I flame you for your lame build.

Ryno
Mar 15, 2008, 08:18 PM
I'm basically an Acrotecher so..

Acrotecher is mostly for support.

If you're going to be super supportive like me your pallete must look almost like mine.

Coni (3/9) - Resta & Reverser ; Tesbra (0/10) Foie or Gibarta & Resta
Dori (2/10) - Zodeel & Resta ; Uransara (0/10) Jellen & Zalure
Dori (0/10) - Retier & Zodial ; Magical Wand (10/10) Shifta & Deband
Dori (0/10) - Retier & Zodial ; Magical Wand ( 10/10) Shifta & Deband
Dori (0/10) - Zodeel & Resta ; Uransara (0/10) Jellen & Zalure
Coni (1/9) - Resta & Reverser ; Tesbra (0/10) Foie or Gibarta & Resta

Armor
Serafi Senba 24% Dark
Head Slot - Har / Quick
Arm Slot - Solid / Knight
Body Slot - Orpad / Guard OR ( Depends on the area/level )
- Stun / Resist
- Freeze / Resist
- Sleep / Resist
- Orpa / Force
Extra Slot - Hard / Stamina

also all Buffs, Debuffs, Resta, Reverser, Giresta, has to be level 31+ if you want to be a true support acrotecher.

if you want to be a super support raise it to 40...

and I only have to attack spells

because all my support technics are already 40

Kion
Mar 15, 2008, 08:44 PM
Any class (i'll argue with the exception of casts), are suitable for acrotecher. Humans and neumans get the slightly higher stats for being the class. Alot of people have beasts AT's and use buffs in combination with heavy melee, but i don't think the classes attack really justifies that. It's a tech orientet class; so i would recomend neuman as you can double as a fortetecher, or human to take advantage of both the close range melee and tech aspects.

On 2008-03-15 18:18, Ryno wrote:

I don't think you need to go that far. and that equipment is really too much for just support. acrotecher has enough TP that it will still full heal everyone with a B rank mag, and buffs and debuffs don't even take TP into account. For support you should definately have one slot reseverved for buffs and maybe two wands for healing. half of your pallet for support and the other half with the proper elements for spells, whips and daggers.

Armor
Serafi Senba 24% Dark
Head Slot - Har / Quick
- Stun / Resist
- Freeze / Resist
- Sleep / Resist
- Orpa / Force

again, i don't think you need to go this far. for acrotecher the only slot really needed is head for a quick unit. the other ones are option and really only for player prefernce. yeah, fill them up if you have them, but when deciding on armor go for decent eva and a head slot.

also all Buffs, Debuffs, Resta, Reverser, Giresta, has to be level 31+ if you want to be a true support acrotecher.

this is the only statement i agree with. debuffs are above and beyond for support. they're not very effective so it's fine to put priority on attack PA's over them.

gryphonvii
Mar 15, 2008, 08:44 PM
acrotecher is not just support, if you want to play that way thats fine but really it is a versatile class so you don't need to limit your self. Daggers equipped with hikai can do alot of damage. I go with human for extra atk and hp, the tp is good enough you can use attack techs, or if you want to forgo (sp?) attack techs altogether, go with beast or cast, get your buffs and gi-resta to 31+ and then melee with spinning strike or hikai, This is a very difficult class to mess up with. Feel free and experiment.

LaughingMan
Mar 15, 2008, 09:35 PM
On 2008-03-15 18:44, Kion wrote:
Any class (i'll argue with the exception of casts), are suitable for acrotecher.

I've seen plenty of amazing cast ATs, your just being biased because they have little tp. What it all comes down to in reality is the skill of the player and little else. Also the only reason people say beast FOR EVERYTHING just proves your a stat whore. Finally yes it is a severe handicap to be a cast AT you can pull it off just as well if not better considering your style of play and skills.

Before you go bashing something think please god.

PALRAPPYS
Mar 15, 2008, 09:44 PM
Any class (i'll argue with the exception of casts), are suitable for acrotecher. Humans and neumans get the slightly higher stats for being the class. Alot of people have beasts AT's and use buffs in combination with heavy melee, but i don't think the classes attack really justifies that. It's a tech orientet class; so i would recomend neuman as you can double as a fortetecher, or human to take advantage of both the close range melee and tech aspects.

On 2008-03-15 18:18, Ryno wrote:

I don't think you need to go that far. and that equipment is really too much for just support. acrotecher has enough TP that it will still full heal everyone with a B rank mag, and buffs and debuffs don't even take TP into account. For support you should definately have one slot reseverved for buffs and maybe two wands for healing. half of your pallet for support and the other half with the proper elements for spells, whips and daggers.

Armor
Serafi Senba 24% Dark
Head Slot - Har / Quick
- Stun / Resist
- Freeze / Resist
- Sleep / Resist
- Orpa / Force

again, i don't think you need to go this far. for acrotecher the only slot really needed is head for a quick unit. the other ones are option and really only for player prefernce. yeah, fill them up if you have them, but when deciding on armor go for decent eva and a head slot.

this is the only statement i agree with. debuffs are above and beyond for support. they're not very effective so it's fine to put priority on attack PA's over them.

Well, you see... Ryno is a pure support Acrotecher. He rarely attacks with his Foie or Gibarta, and when he does, that's after everyone is buffed and all enemies are debuffed. Of course, most people can't play that way, but that's the way Ryno likes to play and the way he always has.

Just wanted to put that out there.

mario20061
Mar 15, 2008, 10:39 PM
thanks

Kion
Mar 15, 2008, 10:49 PM
On 2008-03-15 19:35, LaughingMan wrote:

Any class (i'll argue with the exception of casts), are suitable for acrotecher.

I've seen plenty of amazing cast ATs, your just being biased because they have little tp. What it all comes down to in reality is the skill of the player and little else. Also the only reason people say beast FOR EVERYTHING just proves your a stat whore. Finally yes it is a severe handicap to be a cast AT you can pull it off just as well if not better considering your style of play and skills. That doesn't mean that there aren't casts out there who play the class really well.

I pretty much wrote exactly what you did, that cast isn't a class to pick based on stats, but it's still acceptable. and that's because obviously this game is easy and 1 or 2% of stats doesn't make a huge difference. i was answering the OP's question of which classes are best for AT.

And thanks for being a troll, as we all know psow doesn't have nearly enough.

And Palrapies I don't see why you needed to quote my entire post just to say that. possibly you did so because you covet what i say.. i agree with you. There's nothing wrong with being an all-out support techer. I don't think it pulls the full potential out of the class. The reason i picked apart his post was because he had words like you must or have to. for someone wanting advice on starting a new class i thought it needed some contrast.

And here are some resources for you to look through.
Acrotecher Guide (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=163462&forum=22&9)
Tech leveling guide and discussion (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=158987&forum=22&0)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2008-03-15 21:57 ]</font>

Talise
Mar 15, 2008, 11:48 PM
well from the way he put all his weapons up I'm just gonna take a guess and say he wanted to show off his items and his lvled spells and what not.

Kerry157
Mar 16, 2008, 03:54 AM
Someone said AT is very versatile and this is true. You can use newman AT if you want to attack with tech and provide support. CAST AT is great if you want to fight and support, and fight AT actually does a good deal more damage than tech ATs, but i would not suggest beast fight AT due to low ATA. If youre gonna do CAST though you gotta have resta 31+ or a single resta tech wont be enough to heal your party members.

My opinion may be biased but CAST is def the best race for AT: can solo any mission easily, can support a party perfectly, does dmg higher than techer AT, enjoys more DFP and HP, plus gets SUV. The downside to CAST AT is low TP makes attack techs do less than average damage, but the idea of CAST AT is to fight like a hunter and use support techs. Most support doesnt depend on tp, however resta does. At lvl 120, 15 AT, with lvl 40 resta, and S rank tech weapons, a single resta wont completely heal a 120 fortefighter from yellow HP if you are wearing Har/Quick, but most character types are completely healed. If you go this route you will want the buffs, resta, giresta, reverser, megistar. In addition you can benefit from the SE of techs like megid to destroy bots. I would also suggest getting Diga since at 21+ it still does around 1.2k against electricity and is very useful on motherbrain's arms. Don't bother with debuffs unless you think its fun or something because you will defeat enemies faster if you just use that time casting debuffs to attack instead.

Pretty much every weapon AT can equip is useful but machine gun and twin pistol I would only use if you really like those weapons or you already have the bullets for them since the card does huge damage, and has long range and a superior targeting system (plus card bullets level pretty quick). For me the single pistol is fun to use and AT gets srank pistol anyway so I use em. (Plus if you didnt know, Tesbra and Storm look really cool together, they match. So does Stormic and Blackheart. Also storm + stormline adds 30 tech for some reason).

The tools for the CAST AT are powerfull:

Saber
[spoiler-box]
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6713/psu20080316025606027vo3.png

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6250/psu20080316023811006ba6.png
[/spoiler-box]

Dagger
[spoiler-box]
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3949/psu20080316030251040kt1.png

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3857/psu20080316030649044ea8.png

[/img]
[/spoiler-box]

Whip
[spoiler-box]
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6900/psu20080316025214018vg5.png

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5393/psu20080316023842007ro2.png
[/spoiler-box]

Card
[spoiler-box]
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5229/psu20080316023648001zt9.png

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2741/psu20080316023720004ol8.png
[/spoiler-box]

Pistol
[spoiler-box]
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3724/psu20080316024813014dl5.png
[/spoiler-box]

As you can tell the whip is very effective in groups of enemies that give you a little while to attack(vivi danga takes a little while to strike) while saber gives you the quick knockdown and high dmg for enemies that don't give you so much time. Dagger can do both depending on the PA youre using. Card is fun and easy to use and

The reason I also like CAST AT is that you can actually dish out some better-than-mediocre damage with the arsenal that is available to them. The AT gets some cool weapons and its sort of lame to have sweet weapons like blackheart, crimsic, deva, and adan, and then have to settle for the ATP of a newman (or human >.>). Also its just plain badass to go out pwning stuff with Hoshi-Kikami + Blackheart.

So if you need advice to lvl your PAs, the buffs and giresta are easy, just join a buff party. For resta and reverser take your npcs, grab some friends, and just sit on one of those vents in Dancing Birds at the Forbidden district and spam away (bring photonchargecosmos). For Diga just use it while you are in parties til you get it to 21. Megid takes a while to get to 21+ but the best way to do it fast is to use it in Sleeping Warriors. The Skill PAs lvl fast so you dont need to go out of your way to do anything special.

Remember that AT is about support so you should have resta//reverser on at least a couple of your tech weapons, and you should always have all four buffs on your pallete.

Any other questions feel free to ask ^-^

LaughingMan
Mar 16, 2008, 05:37 AM
On 2008-03-15 20:49, Kion wrote:

On 2008-03-15 19:35, LaughingMan wrote:

I've seen plenty of amazing cast ATs, your just being biased because they have little tp. What it all comes down to in reality is the skill of the player and little else. Also the only reason people say beast FOR EVERYTHING just proves your a stat whore. Finally yes it is a severe handicap to be a cast AT you can pull it off just as well if not better considering your style of play and skills. That doesn't mean that there aren't casts out there who play the class really well.

I pretty much wrote exactly what you did, that cast isn't a class to pick based on stats, but it's still acceptable. and that's because obviously this game is easy and 1 or 2% of stats doesn't make a huge difference. i was answering the OP's question of which classes are best for AT.

And thanks for being a troll, as we all know psow doesn't have nearly enough.

He said which would you recommend not which are the best. Also I didn't say the exact same thing and you are just latching on to my arguement now to make yourself look good. Anyway if giving information to someone who is bashing a decent Race/Class combo is being a troll then sure I'm a troll.

On the subject if your gonna go AT for the melee/buff aspect of it why not tug along an suv as well. We all know Casts can land a hit better then a human or a beast and with just a little atp stat hit. I'd rather be ridiculed for being a cast AT then have the option of using crea weps and better looking clothes or missing every other hit to get my BIG NOMBARS.

Tsavo
Mar 16, 2008, 12:23 PM
On 2008-03-16 03:37, LaughingMan wrote:
He said which would you recommend not which are the best. Also I didn't say the exact same thing and you are just latching on to my arguement now to make yourself look good. Anyway if giving information to someone who is bashing a decent Race/Class combo is being a troll then sure I'm a troll.

On the subject if your gonna go AT for the melee/buff aspect of it why not tug along an suv as well. We all know Casts can land a hit better then a human or a beast and with just a little atp stat hit. I'd rather be ridiculed for being a cast AT then have the option of using crea weps and better looking clothes or missing every other hit to get my BIG NOMBARS.

dude, chill. Not once did Kion attack the choice of Cast at, they simply said they didn't think it'd be a good idea. No one said they sucked, it seems to me you're lumping on a bunch of false notions here. My buddy plays a Cast at and he does fine and I play a Beast at and I do fine. In the long run at's stats are such that race only decides one's playstyle or preference, not what they are capable of.

To the OP: at is pretty diverse. You could choose any race really being as buffs/debuffs don't require tech and good resta can be pumped out by anyone with a decent level. I personally went Beast because at's high ata gives me good accuracy for meleeing. I tend to melee and buff/heal with a couple strong techs for certain situation. When the cat line armor (makes set with shato) comes out I may switch to Newm and try a tech oriented at. At any do what works for you. Newm focuses more on techs, Beast and Cast more on melee, Human gets a healthy dose of both. Hope that helps.

Celi-Ka
Mar 18, 2008, 01:37 AM
There really isn' t a "bad" race choice for AcroTecher. As mentioned before, AT is incredibly versatile. It's really up to you how you want to play it out.