PDA

View Full Version : PSO-XBox: Gamertag: Where, how, and why.

AlexCraig
Mar 16, 2008, 04:26 PM
So, from what I have read from threads in my forum search, you need a Gamertag to play PSOX. The responses in my serch have been a bit vague, so I was hoping I can get a few simple and straightforeward answers.

1.) Where do I get a Gamertag?
2.) How do I get a Gamertag?
3.) How much does it cost?
4.) Why exactly do I need one?

I may get online fo this sometime to hang with you all, but I at least want these answers first. Thanks in advance.

VioletSkye
Mar 16, 2008, 04:42 PM
You set up a gamertag when you set up your initial XBox Live account. You can use a free Silver account to setup the Gamertag. Not sure why a gamertag is needed to play PSOX offline.

AlexCraig
Mar 16, 2008, 05:32 PM
I guess that answers a couple questions. Still a bit confused, though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

VioletSkye
Mar 16, 2008, 05:43 PM
I spaced the fact that this is for the original Xbox. For the regular Xbox, I think you'll need a starter kit or one of the trial cards. Doesn't PSOX come with a trail card?

AlexCraig
Mar 16, 2008, 05:44 PM
I'm not sure. I got my game today at GameStop, used. If it did come with a card, I doubt mine has it.

Freeze
Mar 16, 2008, 10:11 PM
PSOX doesn't come with a starter key, you'll have to buy that separatly. PSOX does require a gamertag for offline but it doesn't have to be active. For a starter key you need to purchase a starter kit or subscription card which acording to the Xbox web site gives you the gold option only. From what I read silver is only available on the 360. Gold is required for online multiplayer except for PSU. Probably because silver just give you access to the internet therefore giving you access to the Sega servers.

12 month starter kit $69.99
3 month starter kit $39.99
12 month subscription card $49.99

This is sugested price from the web site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Freeze on 2008-03-16 20:20 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Mar 16, 2008, 10:30 PM
Phew! O_O Those are some big numbers! But if it is my only way to play, I'll look into it. If not, I still have Gamecube and Blue Burst PSO.

Still, it'd be cool playing with all you Xbox guys. We'll see in time.

Freeze
Mar 16, 2008, 10:32 PM
It would be nice to have you as part of our comunity. Hopefully you'll be able to manage it and see you soon.

AlexCraig
Mar 16, 2008, 10:46 PM
All depends on my funds, which are limited. And I am trying to save up for college, which I think is a tad more important http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

So all I need is the Gamertag and a Starter Key to play offline, then get this Gold Subscription for Xbox Live.

*Phew* This may take a while. But at least I know I'd have you, Kevlar, and Jasp to hang with.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 16, 2008, 11:36 PM
On 2008-03-16 20:46, AlexCraig wrote:
All depends on my funds, which are limited. And I am trying to save up for college, which I think is a tad more important http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

So all I need is the Gamertag and a Starter Key to play offline, then get this Gold Subscription for Xbox Live.

Funds for college sounds like a good priority.

Quick inquiry and question(s).

You will also need to have a Credit Card to activate the Xbox Live Gold account right?

And also still pay the monthly Hunter's License for the Xbox servers?

-
Older bro and I picked up an original Xbox Live Gold kit a year and a half ago and it needed a Credit Card # for activation, not just a Debit/Check-card from a Checking account - which I would've used instead if it were allowed.

Freeze
Mar 17, 2008, 10:04 AM
A credit card is required if you choose an automatic renewal account. The prepaid card gives you one year no credit card required if you don't opt for the renewal then when it expires you just buy anouther subscription card. I'm not sure if thats only available for the 360 or both. The account set up is a little different for each machine.

AlexCraig
Mar 17, 2008, 12:05 PM
Hmm, the more I read from this, and the more I think about it, the less likely I feel I will play it online, let alone offline. Seems like a lot of effort for a guy who just wants to play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Well, we'll see, but I doubt it. May just be a collection thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

TsukasaDCX
Mar 17, 2008, 03:20 PM
I actually have a one month subscription card I got for free
which would allow you to get online and only have to pay the PSOXserver fee
I'll send you the info if your interested

AlexCraig
Mar 17, 2008, 03:35 PM
Any info is appreciated.

TsukasaDCX
Mar 17, 2008, 06:56 PM
Okay so
First
Got your xbox online capable? (ie. ethernet in and such)

AlexCraig
Mar 17, 2008, 07:30 PM
I have an ethernet, but it is hooked up to my GC. :3

TsukasaDCX
Mar 17, 2008, 07:35 PM
Well you have to hook it up to your Xbox
if you don't you get it hooked up
you die
or
can't play

AlexCraig
Mar 17, 2008, 07:40 PM
I'll take my chances for now. My brother is playing Halo and really, I'm not sure if I want to spend all that time and money when I should be worrying about college.

TsukasaDCX
Mar 17, 2008, 10:05 PM
XD
Okay
If I gave you the card it'd run you about
10 bucks a month for PSO
and 50 bucks a year for XBL
Still pretty expensive

kevlar_pso
Mar 18, 2008, 05:10 AM
On 2008-03-16 20:30, AlexCraig wrote:
Phew! O_O Those are some big numbers! But if it is my only way to play, I'll look into it. If not, I still have Gamecube and Blue Burst PSO.

Still, it'd be cool playing with all you Xbox guys. We'll see in time.

Check around at buy.com. I saw a few weeks ago that they a killer deal where you could get a one year subscription to Xbox Live(Gold Account) for $30. Plus, you and your brother could split the Xbox Live and Hunter's License fees, make characters and play together offline if you do not want to continue paying to play online. Besides, you don't have to go with the one year option. Go with three months or more. Up until college starts in the fall? Sound good?

AlexCraig
Mar 18, 2008, 03:36 PM
We'll see. There are only a couple problems with that.
1.) My brother lacks a job, and thus, money. I'd be the only one paying.
2.) I am still saving up for college. I may not be able to get in til next year. But I need all the money I can get.
But like I said, we'll see. Nothing is written in stone yet.

TsukasaDCX
Mar 18, 2008, 03:53 PM
See what you mean

We'll be waiting