PDA

View Full Version : GC: No.101 error when i try to connect

Blank14ars
Jan 18, 2003, 03:15 PM
I was able to connect last night, when i woke up i was not able to connect cuz it keeps saying No.101 error, could not connect.....wtf?

Blank14ars
Jan 18, 2003, 11:47 PM
ok now i have anthor question...were can i find my IP configuration ( i have windows XP so every thing is a bitch to do)

Blank14ars
Jan 18, 2003, 11:47 PM
its ok i wont bite just post a answer

Skuda
Nov 15, 2003, 01:55 PM
I'm really Cheezed off about that error! I'm getting it too! no one will even bother to help me or anyone else with this problem. Does no one care about their fellow players??? What is wrong with our world!!! I ecven phoned the sega tech support number but they hung up one me...

Rich_T
Nov 15, 2003, 03:32 PM
Information on your set up is the key, without this key the door that represents your problems will stay for evermore locked.
The answer lays behind the door, if you provide the key, then with a bit of effort that door will be thrust open, and you will be able to walk through and leave your problems behind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2003-11-15 12:32 ]</font>

Skuda
Nov 15, 2003, 07:58 PM
Analagies only go part way. Do you know what the key is?

VioletSkye
Nov 15, 2003, 11:49 PM
On 2003-01-18 20:47, Blank14ars wrote:
ok now i have anthor question...were can i find my IP configuration ( i have windows XP so every thing is a bitch to do)

There are numerous ways to find your ip.

1. Start / Programs / Accessories / Command prompt then type ipconfig

2. Start / Control Panel / Network Connections - Double click your connection and select the SUPPORT tab. It will be right there. If you click on details, you can see your MAC address, DHCP Server, DNS Servers etc.

Skuda
Nov 16, 2003, 02:08 PM
What about all the rest of the information you have to put in on the setup. Mine got erased and I don't know what to put in or where to find it. I think that is why I'm getting the error #101

VioletSkye
Nov 16, 2003, 02:21 PM
If you want someone to help you, you need to provide them with info. I don't see anywhere in this post where it mentions what your setup is.

1. Dialup or Broadband?
2. Router, Hub, ICS, Direct Dial?
3. JP/PAL/US version?
4. ISP?

Don't expect assistance if you aren't willing to provide the information needed to help you.

Skuda
Nov 16, 2003, 02:34 PM
1. Broadband
2. not sure
3. again not sure
4. Telus

Skuda
Nov 16, 2003, 02:37 PM
I'm not sure...but I think I need to know who to get my :

1. primary DNS
2. Secondary DNS (if it matters)
3. Proxy server address
4. Proxy port number

I don't know where to look for these or what exactly they are... but I think If i can get them I can fix the problem...

VioletSkye
Nov 16, 2003, 02:43 PM
On 2003-11-16 11:37, Scott_Kuda wrote:
I'm not sure...but I think I need to know who to get my :

1. primary DNS
2. Secondary DNS (if it matters)
3. Proxy server address
4. Proxy port number

I don't know where to look for these or what exactly they are... but I think If i can get them I can fix the problem...

Follow the steps I listed above to get your DNS number (you really only need your primary) and unless you are using a proxy server (which is unlikely considering you don't even know what it is) you need to leave that area blank.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-11-16 11:43 ]</font>

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2003, 08:49 AM
now for the children. write down how the cube is connected to the outlet in the wall (internet).

you changed ANYTHING with your setup?

you route it through your win XP pc? how do you do it?

its not fun to pull every bit of info out of your nose. even if you dont know at all what all the technique around you does, just describe how the cables run from cube's bba to the wall (but with some detail please), thats all.

also it might help if you write down whats printed on the cables you use. between cube and your modem solution and between modem solution and your outlet.

does your pc can go online? obviously i guess. now xp has a network-sharing option. you went through this?
thats not my kind of setup, so anyone else might help here.

good luck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-11-18 05:53 ]</font>

Rich_T
Nov 18, 2003, 01:53 PM
For now forget about DNS, forget about DHCP, IP and anything else like that.
these things mean nothing, if you dont describe in detail your set up, then when you do, someone will be able to tell you how to string it all together, and if needed where all those abreiviations come into it.