PDA

View Full Version : Hard Dark Falz

PhoenixStryker
Jan 18, 2003, 05:48 PM
OK, so I'm at the portal to get to Dark Falz with my CLvl 43 HUcast in hard, so I TP back to town to max out my mates, but the stoopid lady wouldn't sell me any monomates. Well I wanted to see if I could beat her anyway, so I go back thru my TP and thru the portal to Falz. So I beat her first form and ended up using about all of my dimates, but her 2nd form is easier so I'm thinkin' I got this one in the bag right? She hits me a couple of times, but, overall I'm smackin' her around like a red-headed step child. She finally dies and I'm running around my room "w00ting". But wait, where's the ring that falls to the ground? Next thing I know she's flying around all invincible, slicin me up, and doing some mad spell that takes away like 250 hp, then there's a line coming from me to her and there's like a miniature me in her mouth. Then I run out of trimates and she does that beast spell on me and I die. I was pissed. How the crap am I supposed to beat her third form? She's like, invincible and stuff most of the time, and I can't hit her in the air. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Little_Angel
Jan 18, 2003, 06:23 PM
Having a HUcast myself, I know how boggling it may seem to be beat her, but it's not so bad. First, you need to level up. Alot. You'll need those potions. Simple and effective. Now, her third form is invincible while she's glowing, but is vulnerable once the glow fades. I've seen a few lucky people where Falz just keeps coming over to them while she/he's vulnerable, but eh...I used a Varista for the majority of that third fight. Falz never came near enough to me to use my mechgun.

Though my friend, lucky enough to play Very Hard with me, had a Yamato and kicked Falz's ass alot harder. Stupid HUmar didn't even use up his Dimates while I used up my Dimates, Trimates, and a few Star Atomizers.

Brundidge
Jan 18, 2003, 06:30 PM
I can relate to this since I play a HUcaseal a lot http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Its a good idea but you don't have to take my word for it is to have a handgun with a draw series ability for one you will eliminate HP from his 3rd form little by little but at least its progress and if you were targeted by her HP sucking trick (depending on what draw series you have) you'll won't lose as much HP. When that happend to me I only lost about 90hp but I was also to gain more than 90hp back but she sucks out 90hp each time I do that so pretty much its stale mate there I only lose 90hp. Also hope for her to not be invincible when she comes close to melee range (oooo man those times when I had my monkey king bar when she came in close hehehhee greatest moment of a dark falz fight).

Stalfos333
Jan 18, 2003, 06:35 PM
Why do people insist on fighting him when he has someone in its mouth? Boring though it is, don't fight at all in this time. Don't even move, if your character can regain any HP. He doesn't attack, and you only do as much damage to yourself as you do on him. Falz has the HP to take the hits, you don't. Just CHILL OUT.

Here's a good plan. Carry Light Resists (or whatever you have to increase ELT). Defense is another worry, as Falz hits hard after Grants (The sparkly ball of light you can't avoid). I'd not worry about the first forms, just try to kill Falz fast in the second, as there's no benefit to holding back. Heal as little as possible, you know you need the mates.

Kill the spikey spinner things.

Use a mechgun, or double daggers like the Musashi or Grass Assassins Daggers, or whatever you have that hits the hardest over the combo to attack the second form. Attack one head mercilessly. This form is the weak one, but Ice resist is good for both it and the coming form. Remember, not healing is a good thing.

While it circles, you chase. Attack it as much as you can. As a bot, get in its face for optimal ATA and the powerful close range weapons. Ice is the big fear, as it both hurts a lot and causes you to be not attacking, so stay protected. He should keel over soon.

Now the fun part. Keep the healing items on tap, or you'll die. Change in the Ice resist for light, and make sure you have a ton of defense (I've never dodged or blocked the sword attack, so I'd say it's best to just forget about evade and take what comes in style). Oh, and scape goats are a good idea, just in case. Equip something long range, unless you're a gambling man. I've beat Hard Falz with swords, but it's not fun. In either case, endurance is the name of the game.

When he's on your level, shoot him whenever you can.

When he flies, run in a circle to avoid his barage of light, then prepare to be hit twice, HARD. If you can take the damage from Grants and his physical attack without dying, only heal after he's done both so you don't waste stuff. If not, use what you must.

If he steals your soul, or gets a doll of you in his mouth, stand still until he flies. You can hurt him, but you also take the damage from your attacks. Might as well get some free minor healing while he zooms around like a moron.

And that's about it. It's a long, tedious battle where you heal a lot. Resta would make it easier, but you have the lower power and defence to deal with. If you have a "younger" character than level 39 that you can trade with, use her to buy you monomates so you can go in with a full store. Star Atomizers are good too, even solo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stalfos333 on 2003-01-18 15:56 ]</font>

Little_Angel
Jan 18, 2003, 06:48 PM
Yeah, that's right. Do NOT attack him with your body in his mouth. It'll go away eventually, then you can attack safetly.

PhoenixStryker
Jan 19, 2003, 11:47 AM
Kool, thanks for the help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sephiroth4902
Jan 20, 2003, 08:45 PM
This is a solution if your rich just drop dimates and let yourself die so the next time you come back you can pick some up

Ropponmatsu
Jan 20, 2003, 09:48 PM
Uggh, I didn't have very good Light Resistance so I got hit pretty hard! I'm also weak to ice so everytime he hit me with his Barta attack I would become frozen!