PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Easier PA Leveling

R2D6battlebot
Mar 18, 2008, 03:02 AM
Anyone else think its stupid?

I personally think that leveling up PAs is the ONLY thing left in the game to really feel accomplished about, I mean everyone hits level caps with no challenge thanks to the nonstop events, and they keep making all the items and money easier and easier to obtain. I personally wish that PAs would just always take forever to level up, that way when I do level them it feels like I achieved some minor milestone.

Xefi
Mar 18, 2008, 03:09 AM
for some PAs it doesnt matter, but i dont really like to go back to leveling megid ever again from 1 to 31, which took me well over a month.

darkante
Mar 18, 2008, 03:25 AM
I donīt think itīs stupid.
You wanīt the PA at least to be useful in the missions.

And when you have seen the Rifleīs slow leveling speed..you will complain.
I do..it takes way to long to be useful and melee PA are way to fast to level.
How is that fair?

Donīt really see how having higher leveled PA makes one more feell more special.
I think ST should just bump up the difficulty so there is actually a need for a max lv PA without overkilling monsters solo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2008-03-18 01:26 ]</font>

Retehi
Mar 18, 2008, 03:30 AM
Who cares, how many people are gonna go "HOLY CRAP YOU LEVELED YOUR BULLETS IN PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE TO 40?!?!?!? HERES A SHINY MEDAL TO PIN TO YOUR CHEST YOU HAPPY FACED MOTHERFUCKER!!!"

You people complain about anything, I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone whine about the way Phantasy is spelled.

R2D6battlebot
Mar 18, 2008, 04:03 AM
I guess my biggest problem with it is that PAs are effective even at level 11, which is never hard to get to, except on a VERY few. I just dont appreciate the fact that the over a thousand hours Ive spent on leveling PAs is now totally pointless, because now every ID 70k+ will have the same levels in a few days. Theres no way to distinguish yourself amongst the noobs anymore, because rares are no longer rare, money is easy to get, and now the last stronghold, PAs, are being noobified. I mean granted, there are some PAs that are painstakingly annoying to level, but to me thats what makes them worth having in the first place.

EphekZ
Mar 18, 2008, 05:06 AM
you guys act like they're gunna make it 1 hit to level 40.
I honestly lol@ people's Pride in a game.

Arada
Mar 18, 2008, 05:36 AM
Honestly, R2D6battlebot, why do you care about that ?

Why not just enjoy the game for yourself and be with friends ?

It makes no sense to compare yourself to others. You have your playstyle, your own real-life abilities and reflexes, your own friends in-game.
I couldn't care less about your palette or your abilities.

All I'd care about is what you'd bring to the team. If your level 40 PAs kill everything in one hit and you do just that, cool. But someone with PAs in the 10s who also uses Sol Atomizers to unfreeze me, for instance, is worth more.

And he'd be better not because of his super powerful PAs or incredible equipment but because of his attitude.

Elitism is bad.

edit: Please note that both last paragraphs are used as exemples and do not imply that you play badly or anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arada on 2008-03-18 03:47 ]</font>

Nodoka
Mar 18, 2008, 05:47 AM
I agree with Arada who cares what lvl your PA's are at id rather have someone help full on the team then a show off who has the best of every thing

Magus_84
Mar 18, 2008, 05:57 AM
I guess my biggest problem with it is that PAs are effective even at level 11, which is never hard to get to, except on a VERY few.

You seem to have either never leveled Crossbows, or have blocked out memories of the annoying-as-hell dual shot from 11-20. On top of the "lol gimped handgun" period from 1-10.

Yes, it's "usable"...but it's damned annoying, and until 21, it's generally outdone by most non-Handgun left hand options.

dexter_safe
Mar 18, 2008, 08:03 AM
it's boost is 2.5x right? so pa's are still gonna a while to lvl.it won't be nearly as painful to lvl rifle pa's when the boost comes which is a good thing.

RemiusTA
Mar 18, 2008, 08:59 AM
Bottom line, FUCK all you elitist people who actually ENJOY spamming a skill/bullet/technic for hours upon hours on end just so you can feel accomplished about your skill levels.

Which is nothing but an indicaiton of how long you've been playing. If all you level your abilities for is for your own self esteem....

JAFO22000
Mar 18, 2008, 09:54 AM
I fell "accomplished" knowing I leveled all of my techs naturally. I don't care what others think. I know that I have a Tech list that has pretty much every attack tech around 35+ and did it without buff parties or over spamming or AFK leveling or "SW C and stand behind the wall!".

Bad players will STILL be bad players after the PA leveling upgrade. The only difference is NOW one sees a FT with only Foie, Diga and Dambarta to level 31+, after 4/11, one will see a FT with only Foie, Diga and Dambarta at level 40.

Kylie
Mar 18, 2008, 09:59 AM
There are several photon arts that have needed to gain experience easier for a while, so I'm glad in that sense that they're making an effort to fix them. I'm sure they'll ease some things that don't need to be made easier, but I'll accept the good with the bad in this case.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-03-18 08:06 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Mar 18, 2008, 10:04 AM
Well, considering that I don't have every evening of the week to play this game and only this game, I think this might be a bit of a relief considering the high amount of PA arts I'm raising on just one character. Some of them take forever individually, so it'll do a lot to help me top off. Still, I consider all the ones I did raise to top tiers a definite accomplishment of work with which I spent very little time not levelling stuff.

There's probably some bad that comes from this, but there's good, too. I feel I need level 30-40 skills in so many things in order to balance out what I do in a fight, and since they are both bullets and techs, that's been a major haul.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-18 08:06 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Mar 18, 2008, 10:23 AM
I've got all the skills I use capped or close enough to it for my favorite job.

Now I can try things out for other classes that I don't really care about as much, without investing another 500 hours spamming skills until they're effective (so many PAs are NOT "good to go" at 11). I don't have to take hundreds of hours to catch up on the good stuff from elemental rifles and lasers either, now that they've been enormously powered up.

Seority
Mar 18, 2008, 01:10 PM
It does show effort in the game, but right now it's just ridiculous. Having it slighty faster will help get higher damage output (like we need it, but anyway) and it still shows that you put in effort to get those higher levels.
All I see is instead of people getting discouraged to level PA's for the time they need to put to it, which is boring, they can be encouraged to level it and put in the little time left to get it to really high levels.
Screw PSU "pride" from life-drawn people and have it be funner and more rewarding.

Weeaboolits
Mar 18, 2008, 01:33 PM
My only complaint is that the proliferation of 31+ techs will make my PS2 cry, however, I will be using them too, which will please me. Also I don't see why people take so much pride in their bullet levels, I don't even look at the blasted things, and a level 40 ice bullet doesn't freeze a vanda much more thoroughly than a level 11 one.

Sekani
Mar 18, 2008, 02:11 PM
It shouldn't take any bullet or technic as long as it does to get to 21, which is considered by most to be the minimum usable level. If they still take months to get to 30 or 40, I really don't care. Let the elitists have their pride.

Seority
Mar 18, 2008, 02:11 PM
The bullets just do amazing damage making bosses a breeze. As a FF I'm quite jealous of XP

Anduril
Mar 18, 2008, 02:15 PM
I'm really just waiting for basic techs like Barta and Zonde to get the boost. I've been using Barta since I started playing, and through natural leveling it took a good 7 months to get to 13, at which point I power leveled it to 21 which took a good week of maybe 40 minutes a day. It's currently sitting at 23 and doesn't even seem to be leveling...

Weeaboolits
Mar 18, 2008, 09:27 PM
I don't care about accomplishment, I want my techs to be big and pretty. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DreXxiN
Mar 19, 2008, 12:11 AM
On 2008-03-18 12:11, Seority wrote:
The bullets just do amazing damage making bosses a breeze. As a FF I'm quite jealous of XP

Oh please hun, we all know fortefighters with superior gear Pwn shit too well to need silly BULLETS XD!

Ain't going to lie, playing fG is fun though, even if my fF is much better and can basically just run through all missions in a breeze. I'm thinking my fF may have some competition now to fellow gunners, or even my own, I guess time will tell, I'm pretty excited for the lazer boost and can't wait to try it out.

Now, half this community labels me elitist already for some strange reason (lol), so take my word: LEVELING BULLETS SUCK! The boost is needed, seriously! If exp is going to be boosted, the bullets should be on par with it or close, unless of course, you guys all want to run parties in the next "winter event" kind of XP boost, having 150's using level 15 bullets and leeching off of you.

amtalx
Mar 19, 2008, 06:46 AM
Personally, I'm proud of getting my bullets to 40 the hard way. Did it suck sometimes? Of course. Does everyone have the time to dedicate to spending hundreds of hours leveling bullets? Probably not. I understand that more casual should be able to have fun too, but it just seems a little unfair that I had to work so hard to achieve high bullet levels and now they are going to be given away. Its just the world of ORGPs I guess. ST has made it painfully clear that they intend to erase the line between "hardcore" players and casual players. Unfortunately for me, that just means I'm going to run out of things to do faster and end up abandoning my friends to play other games because I'm bored.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 19, 2008, 03:10 PM
Yay, I can finish leveling Gravity Break and I won't tear AS much of my hair out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But yeah, I only have 2 or three rifle bullets above 10, and I'm pretty much staying away from Fortegunner until the update so I can finish leveling the class and maybe a bullet or two (class level 11, pretty close anyway). It'll be nice seeing the hard-to-level melee PA's get a boost, too. Maybe now we'll see a slightly wider variety of PA's from people?

Weeaboolits
Mar 19, 2008, 05:29 PM
It's up the same alley as buying a game when it first comes out, sure it'll be cheaper if you wait a while, but then you wouldn't get to play it now. You paid more effort to have it sooner, but now it's gonna be cheaper.

Seority
Mar 19, 2008, 09:00 PM
I never said that fF's are outmatched. Just those damn flying monsters can bite me. >-<'

amtalx
Mar 20, 2008, 06:17 AM
On 2008-03-19 13:10, Sol_B4dguy wrote:
It'll be nice seeing the hard-to-level melee PA's get a boost, too.

There are none. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Seority
Mar 20, 2008, 10:08 AM
On 2008-03-20 04:17, amtalx wrote:

There are none. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lies!
>.>!

Weeaboolits
Mar 20, 2008, 10:20 AM
The only melee PA that I've used that comes close to being as annoying as techs and bullets is anga dugrega.

amtalx
Mar 20, 2008, 10:50 AM
Rifles > Every other PA in the game

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif