PDA

View Full Version : AotI: For a Cast, (Fortegunner or Protranser)

ZeronechaosX
Mar 18, 2008, 02:30 PM
I believe I need opinions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-03-18 17:23 ]</font>

Anduril
Mar 18, 2008, 02:33 PM
OK, well we might need a bit more to go on since CASTs can do both classes well, excelling more in Fortegunner. What is your prefered playstyle? Do you like gunning or do you want to be right on the front lines laying traps and pulling out heavy melee while also gunning when the situation needs? Also do you think you have enough money to support using a PT since you have to be constantly synthing/buying trpas to use the class to it's full potential. Give us a little more to go on.

KamiSori
Mar 18, 2008, 02:54 PM
um whichever one you enjoy more?

there really isnt a "better" choice. try melee weapons, guns, and traps, see which ones you like best.

Xefi
Mar 18, 2008, 03:02 PM
you can try going protranser first and fortegunner later because protranser can utilize some guns that fortegunner can use as well.

panzer_unit
Mar 18, 2008, 03:04 PM
Protranser gets almost all of the fun stuff Fortegunner does, with EX traps and solid melee damage on top of that.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 18, 2008, 05:50 PM
like anduril basically said.......do you want to be long range player? if so go fortegunner. If you want to be in the mist of battle and set traps, then be a protranser

also remember the money you have to spend on traps
correct me if im wrong but for right now there is only different EX traps (Stun,Freeze,Burn) each cost 600 meseta each. you can hold up 2 10 for each trap......so thats mean you would spend 18K each time you have to restock

Hrith
Mar 19, 2008, 08:15 AM
Casts are best for either job, by far.

But PT is too weak for my tastes, so FG it is.

Aorre
Mar 19, 2008, 02:40 PM
Fortegunner for the bonus.
Yeah, I know. >.<

I think they're both incredibly fun though. The only strange thing is the rifle/bow switch, but it's not like you see bow-spamming PT in-game everyday.

EphekZ
Mar 19, 2008, 07:28 PM
I think fG is just a better PT, especially considering Majarra lvl 20 is all the melee you'll ever need :/

DEM_CIG
Mar 19, 2008, 08:24 PM
Protranser is more verstile, but fortegunner is the best at range stuff... It just depends on wut u like. i particularly like pt better bc i like the weapon selection better, i like using both swords and bullets.

dc534
Mar 19, 2008, 10:46 PM
fG is not a better PT, just to many PT dont play the class as a gunner. How many PT use other weapons other than melee. NOT many, I use shotguns a lot now but did not for the longest time, I compared the damage to fG of equal level and with my buddies lvl 4 buffs he hits for 670 every shot and I hit for 617 every shot.

The real difference is PT is better at melee and fG is better at gunning, no suprise. Actually the differences of the two classes are very balanced. I should mention that my buddy is a cast with lvl 27 dark and my shot is 31.