PDA

View Full Version : If I Were To Invest In 'Ultimate' Bullet PAs...

Kismet
Mar 20, 2008, 11:55 AM
Boma Duranga, Killer Shot, Mayalee Prism, Mayalee Shot, and Twin Mayalee.

Out of these (which sounded the most, or at least slightly, appealing to me), can you guys please help me shed some light on which ones are useless and which ones are worth it?

I'd appreciate it, thanks! ^_^;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-03-20 16:04 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Mar 20, 2008, 11:57 AM
As a gunner, duranga and killer shot are worth it, the others arent. If you were a FF or something I'd reccomend mayalee shot.

Jakosifer
Mar 20, 2008, 11:57 AM
Boma Duranga>>>Killer Shot>>>Mayalee Prism>>>Twin Mayalee>>>Mayalee Shot

Mayalee Prism used to be good, but pretty useless now in the grand scheme of things.
Twin Mayalee lost its lvl 3 DFP Down at 21+ if I remember right so..fail.
Mayalee Shot...Rofl good luck finding a use for it.

Killer Shot and Boma Duranga are kickass though.

Xefi
Mar 20, 2008, 11:59 AM
i have never used Mayalee Shot before, how is that?
Killer Shot is good against robots.
Boma Duranga is good for boss if you have a healer next to you or you can use mates over and over.
Twin Mayalee is kinda bad.
Mayalee Prism is situational and not really good when playing in a group.

Jakosifer
Mar 20, 2008, 12:01 PM
^It puts enemies to sleep, and we all know how useful Sleep is! http://i26.tinypic.com/331zorq.jpg

Xefi
Mar 20, 2008, 12:07 PM
On 2008-03-20 10:01, Jakomay_07 wrote:
^It puts enemies to sleep, and we all know how useful Sleep is! http://i26.tinypic.com/331zorq.jpg

Nice to know...lol. *Skipping Mayalee Shot for awhile*

Kismet
Mar 20, 2008, 12:09 PM
*Spits out juice* That Cookie Monster smiley! XDDDDDD

I'm starting to wonder myself why I put down Mayalee Shot... <_< I'm definitely getting Duranga and Killer Shot. :3 I put Twin Mayalee because... I dunno, I wanted an excuse to spam use of my Hyper Vipers as GT. XD Twin Penetration 'sounds' useless, but I guess it's situational.

Mayalee Prism kind of sounds the ultimate PA to make everyone mad when in a group. XD Either that or a way to prevent someone from leveling Ikk Hikk...

Hrith
Mar 20, 2008, 12:13 PM
Mayalee Shot is good, now.

Mayalee Shot deals a bit less damage than elemental rifle bullets, but it deals the same damage to any target and has much more ATA.

Sleep is useless? so are all SEs, 90% of the time =/

Leveling up one PA > leveling up six of them.

After the rifle update, Mayalee Shot will suck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif *learns all elemental rifle PAs*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hrith on 2008-03-20 10:21 ]</font>

Xefi
Mar 20, 2008, 12:14 PM
On 2008-03-20 10:09, Kismet wrote:

Mayalee Prism kind of sounds the ultimate PA to make everyone mad when in a group. XD Either that or a way to prevent someone from leveling Ikk Hikk...

When you're in a bad mood, use Mayalee Prism to piss people off. It really works too! (don't take it seriously, i have never done it before http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

P.S: i have never use this PA ever since i got it back then. LOL.

DAMASCUS
Mar 20, 2008, 12:17 PM
Unfortunately the damage mod for Twin Piercing(doesn't that sound better?) is horrid and makes it pretty much useless except for support in that you can stun lock a group while dodging. Twin Mayalee has been a god send since I got it leveled up. It has a really good damage mod and lowers their defense for extra damage, so if you are in a fast moving slaughter squad it helps that much more and you still get plenty of hits in if you need the exp. points.

Kismet
Mar 20, 2008, 12:17 PM
On 2008-03-20 10:14, RubySion wrote:

On 2008-03-20 10:09, Kismet wrote:

When you're in a bad mood, use Mayalee Prism to piss people off. It really works too! (don't take it seriously, i have never done it before http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

P.S: i have never use this PA ever since i got it back then. LOL.

I was THINKING of doing that, but it'd be too mean, ahahaha. XDDDD

Jakosifer
Mar 20, 2008, 12:27 PM
I used to say the same thing about Twin Mayalee, when I played got it to 21+ before AoI. Then AoI comes, I get pumped about Fighs having lvl 30 bullets and notice that Zalure Level 3 is gone! O NOES. So yea...It hasn't been used since.

And yep, the Cookie Monsta is the mothphuckin MAN. Best Muppet ever.

And sorry Hrith. :<

amtalx
Mar 20, 2008, 12:28 PM
Forget about Maylee Prism. After the PA update, you will be able to lock down 4 targets (same # of targets as Mayalee Prism) with a Rifle due to its generous rate of fire. You probably won't even take much of a hit in damage. You can also avoid pissing off teammates by kocking enemies over as opposed to tossing them around.

EDIT: Oops. Mayalee Prism hits more than 4 targets...I think. Still though, 31+ Rifle bullets will get the job done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amtalx on 2008-03-20 10:43 ]</font>

stukasa
Mar 20, 2008, 12:30 PM
Boma Duranga and Killer Shot are the two best ones and you're already planning to get those. Twin Mayalee might be good if: 1) you play in small groups or solo alot (in large groups, stuff dies so fast you don't even need the DFP debuff most of the time), 2) you're playing a class without techs, and/or 3) you haven't leveled the other elemental twin bullets yet.

Mayalee Prism is very situational. My friend has it but rarely uses it. I can't comment on Mayalee Shot.

MSAksion
Mar 20, 2008, 12:46 PM
I miss the status 3 down for the Twin Maylee dual pistols ultimate. They are really powerful and the defense 2 down is good. I run out of shots quickly though so bring a good grinded twin yohmeis.

Killer shot is a godsend when you are fighting robots. Mines only lvl 20 and i drop robots in one to six shots in the Grove of Fanatics. The damage is not so good against normal enemies but against robots its all you ever need.

I've been told maylee shot is a great damage rifle. not for the sleep status that sucks since the next hit wakes up your victim. But for bosses it is the best long range damage shot apparently.

BUT i believe grenades and their multi-point hits do more damage in total faster.

Bottom line Kis Kis - I say go for the Ultimate Grenade and Killer shot. Killer shot can carry over to when you come back to Guntecher and the Berserker Grenade you can use when you go back to Protranser.

Kismet
Mar 20, 2008, 01:09 PM
*Huggles teh Mahou* <3

Yay, thank you SO much for your help, everybody! ^___^

Jakosifer
Mar 20, 2008, 01:16 PM
Ethan says: ur welcome

JarinKail
Mar 20, 2008, 03:14 PM
Boma Duranga, Phantasm Prism and Killer Shot are the ones I use.

Akaimizu
Mar 20, 2008, 03:30 PM
I'm mainly use Killer Shot (on those appropriate levels), Phantasm Prism. I still utilize Twin MayaLee, from time to time. My Mayalee Prism is likely to go the way of the Dodo. It really hasn't been getting nearly as much use after Firebreak.

It was cool, when we did have mobs that fighters were scared to get close to, but now that's kind of gone, it's a lot less useful to organize the whole group into the same wall with it. Not sure any class will be left with a use for MayaLee Prism after the rifle update. All the other classes that can use it, has better things to use. The GT's one way of producing knockdown in a safe way will probably go to rifles. Oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-20 13:33 ]</font>

BFGfreak
Mar 20, 2008, 03:36 PM
Remember, we still have that dengaliwachamacallit challange event, and I'm guessing that we all don't have 4000 hp to endure those hits I've been hearing about.

Akaimizu
Mar 20, 2008, 03:38 PM
Fighters, perhaps. Heck the Beast GTs, of all classes to be, have well over 3000 at level 120.

As long as the melee folks can run in and do the usual, things should be normal. Back in the Firebreak day, yep they had stuff that practically 1 shot killed them wearing proper element armor, no less.

Still, if the rifles have easy knockdown, and the monsters don't fly when they are affected, it'll be too easy to drop groups with the rifles because it's too easy to keep up with the lesser accurracy of the MayaLee Prism's Laser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-20 13:44 ]</font>

Zorak000
Mar 20, 2008, 03:46 PM
still, I recall Mayalee prisim being very useful on some enemies (thinks about fire ogolomon from firebreak)... but I guess that is a time long passed...

Akaimizu
Mar 20, 2008, 03:49 PM
Precisely. That's what I was talking about. Back when the main Laser-able class finding use was a class that desperately needed a longer range knockdown effect or be insta killed trying to run in and use a (just as not very accurrate) saber art to knock back when everything 1-2 shot killed you.

It had it's uses just at those times, when you're human or newman. Was a nice party helper because nobody could deal with getting hit by those Fire Olgas. It was also easy to keep the mobs organized with it. Once the knockdown occurred, everybody swarmed in and tore the mobs to pieces. Before EX traps. Before the people who originally could use that help from you got so strong.

I never really considered it ever a solo tool. There are other things to do when soloing. More tactics that fended for yourself and not "for the party".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-20 13:53 ]</font>

Kismet
Mar 20, 2008, 04:45 PM
Phantasm Prism does what, again?

Xefi
Mar 20, 2008, 04:48 PM
On 2008-03-20 14:45, Kismet wrote:
Phantasm Prism does what, again?

it knocks little enemies away like tornado dance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubySion on 2008-03-20 14:49 ]</font>

JarinKail
Mar 20, 2008, 05:10 PM
No, Phantasm Prism is a sleep SE but it's neutral and has a great ATP modifier.

Tetsaru
Mar 20, 2008, 09:56 PM
I would recommend getting Killer Shot and Boma Duranga. To a lesser extent, Twin Mayalee, Mayalee Fury, and Mayalee Prism, though they're not nearly as useful now as they were in the past when I got em, lol. I'd stick with your elemental bullets most of the time, except for grenades - Boma Duranga owns them all in terms of damage output.

amtalx
Mar 21, 2008, 06:27 AM
On 2008-03-20 15:10, JarinKail wrote:
No, Phantasm Prism is a sleep SE but it's neutral and has a great ATP modifier.

For now...but in a couple weeks its going to be garbage compared to elemental bullets.

Urtri
Mar 22, 2008, 03:59 PM
i recommend Boma Duraga (never need a element Grenade Bullet ever again) Killershot (how else are you gonna get those Needle Cannons and Rattlesnakes) Twin Penertration (never lose EXP in a party again) Mayalee Fury (for stun locking Large Targets is theres no PT in your group). Those are the most useful ones IN MY OPINION at the moment (sleep is useless unless an enemies uses it then its just annoying)

Weeaboolits
Mar 22, 2008, 05:11 PM
Sleep is only useful if you're soloing without an NPC.

mll
Mar 23, 2008, 07:47 PM
Is Mayalee Fury worthless now? It seemed quite popular when it was released.

Talise
Mar 23, 2008, 11:00 PM
I haven't used it but it'd still keep large enemies stunlocked, so...
but with multihit enemies, it's gonna be grenade launcher(for Fg) so that limits the use of mayalee fury more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talise on 2008-03-23 21:01 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 10:22 AM
MayaLee fury mainly gets a little downplayed thanks to the Protranser and EX traps. That, and the general lesser need for a weapon that stunlocks just 1 creature at a time.