PDA

View Full Version : Some weird thing I just noticed...

WashuSaotome2
Jan 18, 2003, 11:27 PM
For those of you who play Super Smash Brothers Melee, or for those of you who care, have you ever noticed that when ever you KO Roy, he goes "Honk!"? lol It's gold...

And another thing, I also noticed that Sheik is a guy. O_o Sounds like one, moves like one, looks like one.

And Capt. Falcon's little pink-looking costome has "BloodHawk" on the back of it.. O_o Arch rival?

And I also noticed that Chicago has some freaky weather.. O_o One minute, it's cold, the next, it's as hot as hell.

Um.. That is all for the next 20 minutes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'll try to find some more useless information to batter you with..

Abaddon
Jan 19, 2003, 06:33 AM
What about in Super Smash Brothers for GC Link's voice is exactly the same as Siegfried from Soul Calibur?

Mazarin
Jan 19, 2003, 06:50 AM
I HATE the weather out here. Damn us for living in the meteorological armpit of North America.

@ least we didn't get what those suckers in Hammond Indiana got. Tons of lake effect snow, they got.

Abaddon
Jan 19, 2003, 06:55 AM
Wow, i just noticed that every time i say something and click the submit button, it adds to my post count

...but you already knew that.

Vitamin_D
Jan 19, 2003, 11:04 AM
On 2003-01-18 20:27, WashuSaotome2 wrote:

And another thing, I also noticed that Sheik is a guy. O_o Sounds like one, moves like one, looks like one.

No sheik is definitely a girl. Though her intent WAS to act and look like a guy so Link couldn't recognize her. I'm of course talking about Zelda.

Ness
Jan 19, 2003, 11:08 AM
Sheik is a guy, but Zelda is a girl.

Also Falcon's shrit originally said Hell hawk, but they changed it for obvious reasons.

AnimalMother
Jan 19, 2003, 11:12 AM
I did notice that the only character that get any play on my copy are Link, Falco, Marth, and Fox. It gets real old real quick when everybody uses the same 4 characters :/ At least in CvS2 I'm the one who is always picking the same teams heh. Everyone else will make some stupid Theme Team like the Bald Guys team (Sagat,Chang,Cammy) How Cammy qualifies as a bald guy is beyond me, but its fun kicking their asses with my all Shoto team.

Vitamin_D
Jan 19, 2003, 02:48 PM
On 2003-01-19 08:08, Ness wrote:

...you haven't played Ocarina of Time have you....

DeathCheese87
Jan 19, 2003, 04:15 PM
On 2003-01-19 11:48, Vitamin_D wrote:

wow, how can someone say that?

ness: play more zelda games

Vantamiath
Jan 19, 2003, 04:22 PM
Sheik is Zelda, and unless Hyrule created a potion for instant-sex-change, then sheiks a girl.

Kent
Jan 19, 2003, 05:22 PM
Sheik is just an image, a disguise formed by magic and used by Princess Zelda. This image represents a male, while the person disguised by this image is definately female.

In Super Smash Brothers Melee, Sheik has a different set of moves than Zelda, so as to be a more complete disguise. Sheik also acted differently from Zelda in Ocarina of Time.

And Caption Falcon 0wnz you, as does Roy.

dude3282
Jan 19, 2003, 05:32 PM
I consider myself to be somewhat well-balanced. I can royally kill you with either Samus, C. Falcon or Princess Peach. It's quite humiliating getting slapped to death by Peach, and my lil bros know it. I have one that uses Link and Zelda, and the other two use Mewtwo, Pikachu, Marth, and Mario a lot.

Ness
Jan 19, 2003, 05:39 PM
On 2003-01-19 11:48, Vitamin_D wrote:

Yes I have. Shiek is Zelda in disguise, but beacause Shiek has pecs and several other male features I consider him a guy.

DeathCheese87
Jan 19, 2003, 05:57 PM
On 2003-01-19 14:22, Kent wrote:

two most common chars used...im a yoshi user ^_^;

BlackRose
Jan 19, 2003, 09:57 PM
Marth owns all and makes everyone want to play something else with his "whatthehellthatdidnthitme!?" range.

Captain Falcon/Ganondorf have the coolest moves, aesthetics-wise.

Ness
Jan 19, 2003, 10:33 PM
Roy, Luigi, and Ness are my favorite characters.

Rotis
Jan 20, 2003, 02:22 AM
OH HO HO!

Vitamin_D probably remembers the last argument about Sheik http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yes, of course Sheik is really Zelda. But Sheik's supposed to be a male character; notice that Ruto refers to "a young man named Sheik" who rescued her from the ice.

When I saw this line the first time I played through the game, my jaw just about dropped. I'd assumed that Sheik was female all along. Most men don't run around wearing heavy eye makeup and playing lyres and spouting vague philosophy.

While playing around with the so-called "debug" crap, Sheik's character model inexplicably appeared near the entrance of Kakariko (which was on flames like in the pre-Shadow-Temple cutscene, but I was free to walk around it, amusingly enough), but it wasn't registering as an actual character... just a bunch of non-targetable polygons. Thus I was able to clip her, and stand right directly next to her, and her character model is very slim and feminine in comparison to Link.

Sheik's SSB:M incarnation obviously has a manly chest, but amusingly enough, the player's guide refers to Sheik as "she."

It has been theorized that instead of simply crossdressing, Zelda actually used her magicalness to transform herself into a male sheikah. Which would make sense given the SSB:M appearance, but NOT the Ocarina of Time appearance.

And personally, I'd trust the game that the character originally appeared in over a cameo in a fighting game a few years later.

...Even if the original WAS in blocky N64 graphics, where determining gender is often a tad difficult <g>

LamerPanda
Jan 20, 2003, 02:18 PM
If you look at the trophies in SSBM, it says that Zelda used magic to change herself, which is why she can change eye color. I suppose gender would be possible too. =P

ABDUR101
Jan 20, 2003, 06:58 PM
On 2003-01-20 11:18, LamerPanda wrote:
If you look at the trophies in SSBM, it says that Zelda used magic to change herself, which is why she can change eye color. I suppose gender would be possible too. =P

And on a personal note, I have to learn how to perform that spell. =

mystic_knight
Jan 20, 2003, 07:19 PM
Another thing to do: use Roy's blade dance attack and on the third strike he says "Tony Hawk".

Favorite Characters: Zelda/Shiek, Roy, Mr. Game & Watch (seriously, ill fook you up with 2D man)

G-Assassin
Jan 20, 2003, 08:20 PM
On 2003-01-19 14:57, DeathCheese87 wrote:

On 2003-01-19 14:22, Kent wrote:

two most common chars used...im a yoshi user ^_^;

Rock on! I use yoshi as well (rapid stomp attack kills) and Pikachu, cause he's so damn fast you can't keep up!

Rotis
Jan 20, 2003, 09:00 PM
On 2003-01-20 11:18, LamerPanda wrote:

Oh, really? I spent too much time oogling the trophies themselves to actually read the description.

Wait, did I say that out loud? >.>

pixelate
Jan 21, 2003, 03:15 AM
On 2003-01-20 18:00, Rotis wrote:
Oh, really? I spent too much time oogling the trophies themselves to actually read the description.

Wait, did I say that out loud? >.>

Slobbery Sheik trophy. Eww!