PDA

View Full Version : MTV stinks, but this ad is great.

Dangerous55
Mar 22, 2008, 05:59 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vTOuq4pY10o

I don't watch MTV, modern music is less than stellar. I did see this ad on youtube though, and I think it is wonderful. I doubt their intentions are 2nd Amendment oriented or rights oriented but I don't know, it could be. It is something we should all take to heart.

*edit* I spelt ad wrong in the title. hah

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dangerous55 on 2008-03-22 16:03 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Mar 22, 2008, 07:01 PM
That's a pretty effective little blip. I like the all-caps text as the only sort of explanation to the whole thing. It's bold and striking.

Monochrome
Mar 22, 2008, 07:06 PM
It's kind of fear inducing too. It's as if to say, "get out there and vote/make a difference or gestapo types will board your subway and eat your children!"

Leviathan
Mar 22, 2008, 07:40 PM
Well directed. &Some people believe the Holocaust never happened. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Shadowpawn
Mar 22, 2008, 08:08 PM
I don't think anything was meant by the video. Nothing more than a shock ad really. However, the guy who posted this on youtube intension was pretty clear. Show this clip and shock the viewers, get them to read the explanation text, ramble on and vote Ron Paul. I don't know about you but I find a lot of his supporters to be very fanatic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2008-03-22 18:51 ]</font>

astuarlen
Mar 22, 2008, 08:44 PM
I'm waiting for the "The Holocaust happened because of people like us" ad. I don't suppose that makes good TV, though.

Spacepest
Mar 23, 2008, 01:31 AM
On 2008-03-22 17:40, Leviatha wrote:
Well directed. &Some people believe the Holocaust never happened. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Funny, the few people I did meet in college who DID NOT believe in the Holocaust were the avid MTV watchers in the common dorm room. Maybe this ad is directed at them. :/

(Oh yeah, I hate MTV. I outgrew that crap in high school).

Weeaboolits
Mar 23, 2008, 08:27 AM
Remember when MTV had music videos?

And by music videos I don't mean a one-hour block of homogeneously bad hip hop.

Solstis
Mar 23, 2008, 11:31 AM
On 2008-03-23 06:27, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Remember when MTV had music videos?

And by music videos I don't mean a one-hour block of homogeneously bad hip hop.

Don't forget, MTV also does really generic rock. Y'know, as if 90s rock never happened and went away.

Still, it's a good ad, as long as you don't try to pose any one candidate as the one that will stop a future Holocaust.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2008-03-23 09:32 ]</font>

Seority
Mar 23, 2008, 11:39 AM
What does that have to do with MTV? MTV is just like BET with white hosts >P

Neith
Mar 23, 2008, 12:51 PM
I remember when MTV played music, rather than repeat episodes of Pimp My Ride >_>

As far as the ad goes, I think it does the job well. A lot of people try to deny the Holocaust ever happened, or don't even know about it (whether by bad education, or upbringing, whatever). Considering it was one of the most horrific events in history, it should never be forgotten, especially when you think of the numbers of deaths, and everyone affected by it.

While the ad itself is very effective, I think it's pretty disgraceful to use that on Youtube as a clause for 'vote for [whoever]'. You can't air this on Youtube making a candidate out to be the one to stop a future atrocity.