PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Gamestop

Nidramag
Mar 22, 2008, 07:00 PM
i was going to buy an internet connector. gamestop#1 says Gamesotp#2 has it, and they say #3, number three ends up having it. but then the guy...i bet he was bullshitting me...says they were going to destory it-it was defective. andfor unknoiwn reasons i couldnt buy it anyway (just need to know the interface)...
besides this and the fact that they buy games low and sell used high, who else has a problem with Gamestop's constant bullshit?

Shadowpawn
Mar 22, 2008, 07:09 PM
Retailers, as a whole, tend to screw the customer over. I usually buy my stuff online so I really can't relate. Sorry that happened to you.

ABDUR101
Mar 22, 2008, 07:53 PM
Gamestop/EBGames/Babbages are for the most part whores. I avoid them at all costs if I can. All I ever see working in them are little pricks with egos too big for their pants; they're better off stuffing with socks.

Sayara
Mar 22, 2008, 09:45 PM
Local game store for the win.

Actually its called Play'n'Trade, theres not too many around these parts,

Frana
Mar 22, 2008, 11:00 PM
I have friends who work at Gamestop, and they hate it too. I usually get most of my gams from our Mister Money pawnshop. (Ikaruga, PSO onlin 1+2, and Ico for 10 bucks each? Hell yeah!)

Kylie
Mar 23, 2008, 08:59 AM
I've met a decent Gamestop employee or two before, but they are bitches for the most part. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif They always pretend to know about what you're talking about. Or worse, they try to talk you into buying a game, which I really hate.

Sekani
Mar 23, 2008, 11:21 AM
The Gamestops I frequent aren't bad, as long as you don't try to pick up a new release without a pre-order (can't blame them for wanting to stay in business). Wal-Mart appears to have the monopoly on both stupidity and horrible service.

Kylie
Mar 23, 2008, 11:38 AM
On 2008-03-23 09:21, Sekani wrote:
Wal-Mart appears to have the monopoly on both stupidity and horrible service.

QFE! With all due respect to Wal-mart employees, the one I go to has the most uninformed people working in their Electronics department. They never know anything about what I'm looking for, and they constantly give me wrong information. Not to mention, their organizational skills are flawed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-03-23 09:40 ]</font>

Seority
Mar 23, 2008, 11:47 AM
True to what Sekani said with Wal-Mart and his Gamestop.
Ours is pretty cool. They even helped Drex and I out when we were getting harassed by black rent-a-cop security guards. Yes I said black because they were racially judgementing us.
Our Best Buy / Circuit City (right next to each other) / Wal-Mart all have crappy ass service.
Drex calls up Wal-Mart daily to ask for Wii stock. They always ask, "What's a Wii?"
We're just like http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

ABDUR101
Mar 23, 2008, 03:48 PM
I don't mind them asking if I want to pre-order a game at Gamestop, but they don't need to be cunts when I call in and ask about a game thats already released. If they want to be pricks, don't carry any fucking games that aren't for pre-order. I don't pre-order games unless I'm 110% sure its something I want, and even then I tend to hold off and pre-order online because different online stores offer different bonuses.

I've met maybe three nice and well-spoken Gamestop/EBGames/Babbage's employees over the years, most of them were from before Babbage's was snapped up; they were readily walking around the store asking if they could assist people, they'd have nice conversations with you and joke with you at check-out and tell you to take care/have fun etc. Now all I get are emo-pricks still in or fresh out of highschool who by all rights should be flipping burgers and asking someone if they'd 'like fries with that'.

Here's a hint, if I walk into the store and ask about something; don't be a douchebag and act holier than thou just because you're the one behind the counter, I know how shit works, I know what I'm looking for, if you can help thats great, but if you're going to try and wave your E-peen +3, I'll walk across the way and plink my cash down elsewhere.

Odds are pretty high that they don't care anyway, and thats kind of sad, that they'll be pricks and just be like "oh well". After how they treated my mom the last time she called about a game afew times, Gamestop and its ilk are pretty much on my shitlist. I'll take someone who doesn't quite know what you're talking about over someone who just plays the prick card when you try and talk to them.(Though I gotta say Wal-mart's Electronics department locally is great, we were there, asked if they had a game in; the woman went and got the new shipment and looked through all the boxes just to get us the game we were looking for the day it was to hit store shelves. Whereas Gamestop were just pricks and gave us the run around, more or less taunting us for not pre-ordering with them.)

Sekani
Mar 23, 2008, 03:55 PM
On 2008-03-23 09:38, Kylie wrote:

QFE! With all due respect to Wal-mart employees, the one I go to has the most uninformed people working in their Electronics department. They never know anything about what I'm looking for, and they constantly give me wrong information. Not to mention, their organizational skills are flawed.

Two of my horror stories involve a Sony fanboy at the register making up some inane bullshit I can't even remember in order to dissuade me from buying a Nintendo DS, and waiting at the electronics counter for nearly a half-hour before I found out that they had broken the only key to the video games case.

McLaughlin
Mar 23, 2008, 03:59 PM
My local Wal-Mart is full of maroons. Every EB Games in my area has great employees though.

Raine_Loire
Mar 23, 2008, 04:01 PM
Gamestop people made fun of me once ;_; Laguna and I used to go to this gamestop every day and so the employees were all pretty friendly- so one day we were there (this was before the ps3 launch, btw) and they had a ps3 set up with resistance fall of man, and I was TRYING to play it, but the camera was inverted, so I kept looking the wrong way...

Anyway, the employees pretended they WEREN'T cracking up watching over my shoulder, and I heard one of them say to the other "Do inverted cameras f*** you up too?" And the other said "No, I'm not a girl."

That's the only place we actually enjoyed- every other gamestop we've been in- in ANY state we've lived in- has been staffed by teenage pricks, or middle aged men that were on power trips because they were managers... when they should have been hiding, wondering where they went wrong in life! Then there are the ones that hire these emo looking girls who don't know anything about games... hmm, wonder what HE was hoping when he hired her? I mean I don't expect everyone that works at WalMart to have running knowledge of everything they sell, but a specialized market like what GameStop/EB caters to? Damn straight I want someone who can actually talk about what they're selling!

Oh, and I agree with everything Abdur said above http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

(I can't wait to get back to the US so I can finally sell my wii!!! Noone over here wants to buy it!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2008-03-23 14:10 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Mar 23, 2008, 04:05 PM
The one I frequent has a booth set up for each console, and my brother was on the fence about a game (NHL 2K8 versus NHL 2008 or something like that), so the guy swapped out the 360 demo disc for a 2K8 disc to let him try it out, and then again for NHL 2008.

Sekani
Mar 23, 2008, 04:10 PM
Looks like I can brag a little knowing that of the 10 remaining GameStops left in the world that aren't staffed by morons, five of them are within 20 miles of my house (the sixth one has an employee that annoys the hell out of me). All of these stores opened fairly recently though, I wonder if that makes a difference or not....

Seority
Mar 23, 2008, 09:49 PM
I don't really care if there are GameStops near me or not. Just give me a Waldenbooks / Borders and I'm set.
:3

Randomness
Mar 23, 2008, 09:51 PM
On 2008-03-23 19:49, Seority wrote:
I don't really care if there are GameStops near me or not. Just give me a Waldenbooks / Borders and I'm set.
:3

Barnes and Noble works well for me, but I read too fast... a thick (900-1000 page) book is only a couple hours worth.

Raine_Loire
Mar 24, 2008, 09:33 AM
Yes I have that same problem. Laguna has a fit if I actually BUY a book now, because they never last longer than 4 hours, and I go through about 10- 15 a week. I have to go to the library or the local thrift store for books now u.u

amtalx
Mar 24, 2008, 10:56 AM
Maybe there is something about my face or my voice but retail people in general don't bother me much about anything. I've stood in line while the person in front me suffers and onslaught of "dont you want to buy this" and "would you like our bullshit insurance policy for something that will never happen".Then when I step up they give me the game I asked for and I go about my business. Maybe I should stop looking at them like I'm going to stab them if they try to sell me something I don't want...

hollowtip
Mar 24, 2008, 02:29 PM
On 2008-03-24 08:56, amtalx wrote:
Maybe there is something about my face or my voice but retail people in general don't bother me much about anything. I've stood in line while the person in front me suffers and onslaught of "dont you want to buy this" and "would you like our bullshit insurance policy for something that will never happen".Then when I step up they give me the game I asked for and I go about my business. Maybe I should stop looking at them like I'm going to stab them if they try to sell me something I don't want...

Well, it's part of their job to ask for extended service plans, add ons, ect. and some employees' income comes in commission on top of their hourly rate.

Unfortunately, my workplace doesn't even offer an incentive to sell extended warranties/add ons yet I'm still expected to actively push them as much as possible. If I don't, management or lead associates will be on my back about it. Most will employees will stop pushing after the first firm "no" but others can be a little too invasive I must admit.

SStrikerR
Mar 24, 2008, 04:26 PM
On 2008-03-23 09:38, Kylie wrote:

Are you my new neighbor or something? 0_o; sounds exactly like my wal-mart..It sucks.