PDA

View Full Version : PSO-GC: Still Questing....

Ross_owens
Mar 23, 2008, 10:48 AM
Im writing this post as my eyes have started to go funny from playing pso for so long.
i have spent ages attempting to find some kind of wonderous new items that i havent yet encountered and im still coming up with nothing but a collection of very poor but still rare shotguns and partisans. if i find another crush bullet or brionac im gunna break down i swear.

Ross_owens
Mar 23, 2008, 10:49 AM
so come and tell me what you are questing for brave people of pso

Ross_owens
Mar 23, 2008, 10:50 AM
oh right i forgot. its just me and three other people in the entire world that still play pso on the gc... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DC_PLAYER
Mar 23, 2008, 10:51 AM
ultimate mode, find a rare enemy and maybe you will get something new.

Ross_owens
Mar 23, 2008, 10:53 AM
believe me i have been trying that tactic for ages. i have also been piping but being a HUcasael means that really costly.

Ross_owens
Mar 23, 2008, 10:56 AM
has anyone actually ever found anything like the magic stones or mag cells? i have about 300 hours racked up on one of my characters and i have found nothing like that, but enough final impacts and gae bolgs to arm a small country.

Weeaboolits
Mar 23, 2008, 11:10 AM
I'm after a Visk and an Attribute Wall presently (currently on hard mode), but all I get is Flame Barriers and DEF MATERIAL.

Ross_owens
Mar 23, 2008, 11:13 AM
damn that must be really hard. i can never find anything on a difficulty that isnt vhard or ultimate.
what level are you at?

Weeaboolits
Mar 23, 2008, 11:26 AM
42, I just dislike soloing ruins, so I spend a bit of time on each difficulty.

I found a couple Flowen's Swords, Kaladbolg, and Last Survivor. Visk drops from Pan Arms in ep1 for my ID, but their appearance rate is low enough that the decent drop rate still sucks, so I started hunting it off ep2 Grass Assassins; their drop rate is about 1/3 as good or something, but they show up much more often.

Ross_owens
Mar 23, 2008, 11:45 AM
last survivor heh? i havent found one of those.
but i have managed to get ahold of a hell raygun, which i think should be standard issue to all of my characters. ahh cheap kills *eyes galze over*

Ketchup345
Mar 23, 2008, 11:47 AM
Please don't double post, use the edit button http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/edit.gif which is found under every post you make.

Also please give people a chance to respond to your posts.

Moving to M/Q/I/ID, seems to fit better there.

AlexCraig
Mar 23, 2008, 12:11 PM
And you are not one of 4 people still playing PSOGC. There are thousands of us. Here, there are many of us. I made a point in my sticky saying in a nutshell "our community is smaller than it was, but we are still here. Give it time, we will post."

Nisoth
Mar 23, 2008, 12:30 PM
You really need to figure out what you're going for. I would recommend a spread needle and a frozen shooter for starters. Also, you need to pay attention to your ID. Some ID's don't get very good items for particular classes.

AlexCraig
Mar 23, 2008, 12:37 PM
Each Section ID finds particular catagories of weapons and items.

From the sound of it, you are a Viridia. You find mostly Shots and Partisans. That can be a good thing if you are a Ranger. Also bear in mind that Viridia find EVERY Katana. Count your blessings and try to get to a harder mode. That way you find more stuff, rather than just Brionacs and Crush Bullets.

TheStoicOne
Mar 23, 2008, 12:42 PM
UGH! I've been hunting normal ruins for the invisible guard since january, I originally planned to only level my ramar to 60 in the ruins, but I have level to 85....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
And I have over 350 hours! This thing doesnt exist I Swear!

AlexCraig
Mar 23, 2008, 12:53 PM
It is. It's chance of appearing is just nigh impossible.

TheStoicOne
Mar 23, 2008, 12:54 PM
I've even gotten 2 red barriers, and the chances of that is 1/12,000 something, <_<!

Nisoth
Mar 23, 2008, 01:02 PM
Level 85 just in the normal ruins? That's insane, bro! Also, why exactly do you WANT an invisible guard? At your level you should be hunting SSS or even a Shield of Delsaber.

TheStoicOne
Mar 23, 2008, 01:05 PM
I have the shield of delsaber. . . >>;two actually, from the same run..
And I can pipe the Standstill shield on the character I'm getting the invisible guard for, I dont WANT the invisble guard per se. . .it's the safety heart I want.
OH and in fits of desperation, I have cleared all of Vhard and I can go into ultimate, and I do so whenever I get sick of normal ruins.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2008-03-23 11:05 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Mar 23, 2008, 01:09 PM
See? That's good.

I recommend against piping, though.

Nisoth
Mar 23, 2008, 01:12 PM
Gotcha. That makes a LOT more sense.

TheStoicOne
Mar 23, 2008, 01:15 PM
On 2008-03-23 11:09, AlexCraig wrote:
See? That's good.

I recommend against piping, though.

yea I know abotu the hazards, but honestly, I piped so much on the xbox, (two angel harps, loads of god units, and etc...) and it still works fine, and I already piped 8 god minds, 2 god arms, and 4 god hps on the Gc <<! I dont think its gonna blow up.

Kunithrayin
Mar 24, 2008, 02:19 PM
lol well tell us when it does http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Weeaboolits
Mar 24, 2008, 04:59 PM
I got my Visk now, once Barba Ray decides to drop me that Doublesaber, I can get to hunting a Brave Knuckle and Attribute wall.

Also I got a Victor Axe, it replaced my Kaladbolg.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-03-24 15:03 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Mar 26, 2008, 06:30 AM
I love how people think 300-350 hours is a lot XD. But yeah my main is a viridia and I went through crush bullet/brionac/gae bolg hell. But once I got into ult I started finding a bunch of other GOOD rares

Kunithrayin
Mar 31, 2008, 02:27 PM
My main is Viridia and right now I have Crush bullet, Varista +25, and Booma's Claw as my weapons...

Taleck
Mar 31, 2008, 03:09 PM
My main is SKYLY with chain sawd, red handgun, asuka, kamui and H&K Justice +9

I'm still looking for better things. My main want is a zanba and sang and yasha. doubtful about the second though.

Vanzazikon
Mar 31, 2008, 03:39 PM
My main weapon is also a CHAIN SAWD, but the weapon i want the most is a Berdyish, i spent 3 hours trying to get it and still no luck. I'm not worryin though because i'll get it some day.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Taleck
Mar 31, 2008, 04:02 PM
Just to let you know the guy who started this topic, don't worry. I still never find anything, I trade with everyone.

I have visks coming out the butt, and dragon slayers too. Don't even get me started on last survivors.....

But i have found magic rock moola from a lily on hard caves. I was with my friend, think he was the leader. redria.

Yeah, you just gotta have patience. Don't try looking for it, just play the game, and if it shows up then it shows up! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Good luck hunting!

Kunithrayin
Mar 31, 2008, 06:26 PM
That's what I do, I just play and when I find a rare I'm happy and otherwise it's still fun

AlexCraig
Mar 31, 2008, 06:38 PM
Any spare weapon I find on my mains (any weapon I already have for that character) I move to my bank character and will have him sell the items to friends or other players for PDs to use once I get online...

reapursoul
Apr 2, 2008, 01:39 AM
im still playin i got 440 hous if i am correct i just need to get back in to the swing of things, my old pso playin budy is outa the slammer this month so il be back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TheStoicOne
Apr 2, 2008, 01:45 AM
On 2008-04-01 23:39, reapursoul wrote:
im still playin i got 440 hous if i am correct i just need to get back in to the swing of things, my old pso playin budy is outa the slammer this month so il be back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm sorry but..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2008-04-01 23:46 ]</font>

Kunithrayin
Apr 2, 2008, 03:59 PM
lol nice

phoenixboy
Apr 4, 2008, 09:41 PM
It could be Very rare

phoenixboy
Apr 4, 2008, 09:45 PM
On 2008-03-23 09:45, Ross_owens wrote:
but i have managed to get ahold of a hell raygun, which i think should be standard issue to all of my characters. ahh cheap kills *eyes galze over*

Err, why not get a Hell Laser or a Hell Arms
Hell laser: Far more accurate to do 1-hit KO!(its also
powerful)
Hell Arms: Less accurated but can take down more than one monster in one shot

SStrikerR
Apr 5, 2008, 06:53 PM
On 2008-04-04 19:45, phoenixboy wrote:

On 2008-03-23 09:45, Ross_owens wrote:

Err, why not get a Hell Laser or a Hell Arms
Hell laser: Far more accurate to do 1-hit KO!(its also
powerful)
Hell Arms: Less accurated but can take down more than one monster in one shot

Well seeing as he's not far in the game he probably hasn't used them yet and has yet to decide what he wants to use, and also...it's not like you can just tell a monster to drop the item you want, you might have to search for it a bit, and many people don't search for any weapons but rare ones, unlike me. I have quite a selection of hell/demon/seize guns from hunting them because with hit their specials are a LOT better then a lot of rares i see around, save for a few such as spread needle and frozen shooter.

Shonagar
Apr 5, 2008, 10:49 PM
Right now I'm level 62 and just looking for people to play with on GC, trying to level for Ultimate. My main is a Yellowboze so I don't find duplicates of too much stuff. I'm using a Last Survivor, Stag Cutlery and Diska of Braveman right now.

Taleck
Apr 6, 2008, 01:15 AM
hey shonager find me sometime and i'll help you level up.

yeah, im just hunting whatever pops up. I'm trying to get some good charge weapons and stuff with hit so that I can get some better weapons in my trading service.

DoubleJG
Apr 6, 2008, 06:40 PM
Use the dropcharts posted here and pick a few items out and begin hunting. Some items have a very, very low chance of dropping so keep that in mind.

@ Nisoth : I like your signature http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif