PDA

View Full Version : Best place to find Ruins enemies?

JavaMoon
Jan 19, 2003, 01:22 AM
I am on the ever-elusive quest to find an Invisible Guard on my Redria FOmarl (Will someone ever be able to confirm it on the Item Findings list? :/) . I was just wondering if there are any offline places, aside from just doing a regular Ruins run, to find Chaos Bringers.

Heck, I have a Skyly HUcaseal as well. How about a good place to find Dark Gunners?

Remember, I'm talking about offline options aside from just going through a normal Ruins run. ^_-

Brundidge
Jan 19, 2003, 02:57 AM
I think the only way to find Ruin enemies are only in ruins. Unless there was a chaos bringer in forest1 then I'd be one happy man http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TeamPhalanx
Jan 19, 2003, 09:50 AM
That was... very helpful...

Um...

YOu can get one off of a C-Bringer, but as you've experienced, it's an unfrequent drop from an unfrequent enemy. Your best best is doing "The Retired Hunter" quest. You can complete the whole thing within 10 minutes and you'll run into 3 Chaos Bringers during the quest.

As for the Dark Gunner, they are not common in any particular quest.

Blade_1
Jan 19, 2003, 09:59 AM
Yeah! The Invisible Guard is a bit of a joke, my theory is that it's actually invisible so everytime a Chaos Bringer drops one i can't see it, so i go straight on past:( (Still looking) And Team P. as i was reading your post i found something a-miss, then i realsied what is was the word is actually "infrequent". No offence i'm the first to admit my English isn't up to scratch. *Goes off to look for the Invisible Guard*

Ropponmatsu
Jan 19, 2003, 12:25 PM
The "Find my Master" (something like that) quest has 4 or 5 Chaos Bringers in it, and about 20 Gunners to!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ropponmatsu on 2003-01-19 09:25 ]</font>

dude3282
Jan 19, 2003, 05:18 PM
Seek my Master, if you want to know.

harmfulcow
Jan 19, 2003, 05:27 PM
what the f**k are you talking about? these damn gunners are everywhere! theyre like a f**king virus!
theyre in evry room just on one ruins run and youll come across like 6000000!

TeamPhalanx
Jan 19, 2003, 06:29 PM
Well, yes, they are common in regular Ruins runs, but the original poster asked for non-regular Ruins. There simply isn't a quick quest you can do that'll contain a lot of them.

Towards the end of Seek My Master, I think you get 8 of them, but going through all of Ruins 1 and most of Ruins 2, in my opinion, just isn't worth it.

Seph5172
Jan 19, 2003, 10:39 PM
i could swear i found an invisible gaurd not to long ago, but it might just be me, because i dont have one with me...

odd though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JavaMoon
Jan 20, 2003, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the info. Just wanted to know if there were any more effective guild quests available that were better for finding those enemies. It would be easier to just mindlessly memorize a quest layout rather than normal ruins runs. Somehow I had a feeling that there wouldn't be any particularly convenient way for that, though. :/ Doh.

But hey, perhaps normal ruins runs would be best. When my character FSODed (You may laugh but it really happened and completely obliterated my inventory), I spent weeks straight going through Addicting Food to get a Moola Rock off a Poison Lily. 3 Nar Lillies with 3 God/Bodies and 1 Red Slime with a Devil/Tech later, nothing. Then, deciding to do a regular caves run, lo and behold the rock appears. Heh.

Long anecdote short, thanks for the info and suggestions. Back to the (vain? ;.; ) searching. :/

Tevren
Jan 20, 2003, 12:19 PM
I've been doing From the Depths in search of an Invisible Guard. ftD starts you in Ruins 2, and you can have all the gunners in it killed in about 6-7 minutes, and simply restart if one doesn't drop (and it never does).

For Redrias, Seek my Master might be the best. Been to long since I ran Retired Hunter, don't remember it too well.