PDA

View Full Version : anyone here like to RP?

Drakonus
Jan 19, 2003, 01:27 AM
Anyone around like to RP? been thinking about making some character/weapon/monster stat manuals for players and dm's. What do ya think?

FinalMasterM
Jan 19, 2003, 03:16 AM
I RP on furcadia, but it's hard to on something like PSO.

Spy
Jan 19, 2003, 05:16 AM
I think I am one of the best PSO roleplayers... of all time.

IceBlink
Jan 19, 2003, 05:27 AM
On PSO, if I ever used my RAcaseal, I would RP her like... well... a android. o_O

My HUnewearl was a emotionless type, so... sometimes, she could be rude without meaning to. Hehe.

And as for my FOmarl... o_O She was very... genki. ^_^

Ninpo_Tamashii
Jan 19, 2003, 06:31 AM
I find myself doing it on accident.., if i had a Keyboard it'd be over, lol

CajunSamurai
Jan 19, 2003, 06:41 AM
On PSO? Very rarely. When I do, it's just the occasional quirk a few of my character have, such as my HUcast Bebop talking in the 3rd person, or my pyromaniacal FOnewearl Neo Kabuki cussing out Shifty Mike (the scientist lurking near the shops, of course).
Otherwise, I find PSO to be one of the worst online RPGs possible for role playing.

Neverwinter Nights, on the other hand, is a HELL of a lot of fun to roleplay in. The few times I've played it online I've roleplayed my bumbling, drunken dwarf - Dori Beaglechaser - quite heavily.

And offline, I've been known to play a bit of AD&D and Shadowrun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Mazarin
Jan 19, 2003, 06:45 AM
I have a Rashami Barbarian named Ralmevic. I'm currently playing in Forgoten Realms. He was enslaved by Thay. He's Loviataran. Scarred to all hell. Very interested in the pain, he was. Taking it and giving it. I.E: While traveling in the desert, he'd wear his studded leather inside-out and vice versa so the studs would burn him. He was pretty into that, but then Loviatar turned her back on him. Now he's Ilmaterian. Funny story, that.

My latest endeavor had me naked due to the fact I fell into lava, but didn't get hurt, due to an artifact(Peatals of the Fire Rose, if that means anything to anyone)so I had to swim to safety. Of course, my clothing didn't make it, but I did scare the hell outta the salamanders that were there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: Damn spelling.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mazarin on 2003-01-19 03:47 ]</font>

AnimalMother
Jan 19, 2003, 11:05 AM
Like roleplay in PSO, or play Pen and Paper RPG? by the sounds of it you mean the latter, so yeah I like to play those. I am also fond of making little Pen and Paper RPGS off of video games I play, yet 95% of them never see the light of day. I will write down a few rules, define a few systems, and than the very next day I've already moved onto another Video Game.

I've got little rules and tidbits for an Armored Core Battletech type game, a Suikoden game, and even a Tekken RPG.

Drakonus
Jan 19, 2003, 12:08 PM
Actually yes I was talking about RPing on pen and paper. I know how hard it can be to RP on PSO, but think of the possibilities of RPing in the world of Ragol, on pen and paper. I think it would be very cool.

Blenjar
Jan 19, 2003, 01:37 PM
I'm a rpg hardcore gamer. My fav subject in games.

Davion
Jan 19, 2003, 02:20 PM
If I had a KB, and everyone I played with had one, I'd RP everything I did on PSO.

Vantamiath
Jan 19, 2003, 04:25 PM
I prefer the "true" roleplaying aspects that you get from PSO. Im not one of those EQ freaks that makes tights outta their bedsheets.

SorceressofTime
Jan 20, 2003, 03:33 AM
On 2003-01-19 13:25, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:
I prefer the "true" roleplaying aspects that you get from PSO. Im not one of those EQ freaks that makes tights outta their bedsheets.

HahahahHhahHAHhAHa, i agree with ya there iHATEpsoCHEATERS.

AnimalMother
Jan 20, 2003, 04:17 AM
On 2003-01-19 13:25, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:

Sorry to say it bro but your a little off base on the EQ thing, but the tights wearing freakshows make up about .00005% of the total population of Everquest, but than again you probably already knew this, because you knew of said tight wearing freakshows. The people that frighten me the most are the people that Live Action Role Play Vampire, especially whent hey try and include me in their festivities.

Mazarin
Jan 20, 2003, 04:59 AM
LARPers scare the hell outta me.

But there's a reason they call it Evercrack.

Percival
Jan 20, 2003, 04:50 PM
I roleplay as much as I can online. We also started a pen and paper RPG loosely based on PSO.

Our story teller used a modified version of the game: "Mutants and Masterminds" it's d20 but they changed the bad stuff. The main difference is that when you level up, you get a bunch of points that you use to buy everything with the way you want it (skills, stats, abilities, etc...) It's not as rigid as D&D. I was really scared at first when I saw that this was a d20 book and that it had super-heroes on the cover but it adapted itself seamlessly to PSO.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0972359915.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Jan 20, 2003, 04:58 PM
I play with some of my friends every Sunday. Alternating games is the way to go. We've played D&D, SpyCraft, D&D Arena, LOTR, Marvel SuperHeroes and many more.

Damn, it is fun to screw around.