PDA

View Full Version : Rare maps offline

dogg1000
Mar 23, 2008, 11:47 PM
Is it easier to find rare maps offline than online?

Weeaboolits
Mar 24, 2008, 05:46 PM
I only saw one rare map offline, I can't remember how long I played prior to getting online, but I daresay it took longer to get just the one than I get in-between rare maps online (we actually got rappies on my very first run online).

dogg1000
Mar 24, 2008, 05:50 PM
that sux D=

Weeaboolits
Mar 24, 2008, 06:00 PM
Drop rate seems good though, got a Holy Ray on my first (and only) offline rappy encounter.

dogg1000
Mar 24, 2008, 06:58 PM
Im hunting at sleeping warriors for the power charge, this gonna take a while /=

Weeaboolits
Mar 24, 2008, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't bother, enemies are pretty weak offline and weapons have very low PP, the change in ATP won't be that big a help and the increase to your PP cost will be pretty debilitating.

dogg1000
Mar 24, 2008, 11:40 PM
well since meseta is ez offline i cna jsut keep alot of s rank weps at one time so pp isnt really a problem to me i mgiht just go with the unit rappies drop is scarred planet rare map hard to find?

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2008, 01:42 AM
The problem is you go through charges fast enough as is, they don't drop that often in AoI, missions got longer and increasing your pp costs by 150% hurts more than the 200 or whatever ATP will help, by endgame even a newman hunter can own anything with little trouble offline, I wouldn't waste your time on a unit that ultimately won't that much of a help.

If you're dead set on having one, you can buy them in Ver1 and port your save over to AoI afterward.

Also the rappy map on Scarred Planet is very common online, but I never got it offline, I only got rare once on Plains Overlord.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-03-24 23:44 ]</font>

xEndrance
Mar 26, 2008, 11:20 AM
I've seem to find offline harder

Eclipse_Zero
Mar 26, 2008, 02:26 PM
Only rare map offline I've gotten was Plains Overlord as well, got nothing but meseta.

Offline feels harder cause you and you alone are doing everything. It also doesn't help that the NPC's are useless at times.
I despise Electronic Brain S mainly for this. Especially with Lucaim's response of "I expected better", really well I expected more of you than just standing there, getting shot in the face, and dying repeatedly.

Weeaboolits
Mar 26, 2008, 02:46 PM
It's harder to rank well until you've leveled sufficiently to solo, then it's easy.