PDA

View Full Version : Image question

Abaddon
Jan 19, 2003, 07:09 AM
A friend of mine drew me a character collage for the story i'm writing at the moment (and is nearing completion). it is large enough to be a wallpaper and fits on a 1024x768 pixel windows background.

how easy is it to make the same image but scaled down to other resolutions? i am trying to replicate a wallpaper that will fit on all desktop resolutions.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Deathscythealpha
Jan 19, 2003, 10:11 AM
I dont know if this will help, but i will try.

If you want to make wallpapers of different size's, use a deformation tool (im using PSP7 terms, just in case you wondered). A deformation tool will let you shrink images dwon to what ever size you want to scale it to.

So if you wanted 800 by 600 walppaer from your 1024, just take the larger image, use the deform tool and shrink it down to the smaller size.

The only downpoint i can think to this is you sometimes loose deatil in the image, and can sometimes look smudged, but if your using PSP you should be able to find a way round this. I hope this helped.

BlackRose
Jan 19, 2003, 10:05 PM
You can do it in MS Paint, just select the entire picture, then drag the lower right corner until it's at the dimensions you want (it displays the dimensions somewhere on the screen, lower toolbar I think)

If it messes up the colors, try inverting the colors twice and see if it fixes it. (mine does that on larger pictures)

[edit: After you resize the picture, you have to resize the canvas to fit it (otherwise you'll get the big white L). Deselect the image, then it's the same process as before.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlackRose on 2003-01-19 19:07 ]</font>

eriond
Jan 22, 2003, 12:34 AM
My idea on this would be to use techsmiths snagit, use the original file as the input, scale it to whatever you wish and save it as the new file.