PDA

View Full Version : New Fortetecher in need of advice

LaughingMan
Mar 25, 2008, 12:58 PM
The last time I played a force was back on PSO lol and so far in PSU I've been every class except for the teching classes(well GT but just for the twinies). So I'm in need of some advice. I've already got him some ba stuff couple halarods cause I'm a cheap skate but ehh. Anyway what I want to know is.

1.) What spells to level up first.
2.) How far should I level those till I switch to leveling a different spell.
3.) What PA techs should I get(nosdiga giresta etc.)
4.) Which ones should I get first.
5.) Why are techers so expensive http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif (cheapest gazanrod(sp) was 16 mil)
6.) Any little tips or advice other then that will be appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also so far I've leveled.
Foie 12
Dambarta 14
Diga 5
Radiga 15
Resta 12
Shifta 6
Deband 5
Zodial 4
Retier 4

Also what should I start hunting for on my main for my new FT.

MSAksion
Mar 25, 2008, 01:12 PM
Level 21. It is when that spell gets its highest Status effect. Foie at lvl 21+ maxes at Burn level 4 and what a monster it is. The burn does so much damage in total that its like having 2 or 3 people pounding on the monster while you are dodging its attacks.

I know youre an FT and FT can go lvl 31+ to 40. But for right now your arsenal at least needs to get to 21+.

In my opinion if you have these spells you can skip others. All spells seem to do the same thing just a different status effect. SO if you have this you dont need that.

==Basic Spells==
Burn 4 - FOIE - Huge power fast
Freeze 3 - RABARTA - Standard Ice Attack freeze 3 enemies hits fire monsters huge.
Shock 3 - RAZONDE - Shock at medium range fast attack hits 3 enemies.
Silence 4 - DIGA - but its really for huge power for enemies that are Fire or lightning.
Confuse 3 - RAMEGID - trust me you want this as fast as possible.

==Intermediate== Get these when youre pretty well leveld enough to survive a hit or 2.
Burn 3 - Damufoie - burns level 3 to entire squads nearby very useful hits fast burns quickly
Freeze 3 - DAMUBARTA - Freeze all that are too close.
Shock 3 - GIZONDE - shock 6 targets nearby good power fast attack good range for gi series
Huge Power - GIDIGA - no status but hits 6 enemies for huge damage nearby.
Infection 3 - DamuMegid - hits big nasty enemies like keg nodd and svaltus for huge damage over time.

===Advanced=== get these when you have frags.
NOSDIGA - hopefully you have a lot of PA Frags - this is the best Earth spell period. Stun 2, hits 3 targets, homing, huge earth damage.
MEGID - oh yes you want it. Not for kill but the fact it can do 800 to 1000 to as many enemies as you can hit in one shot.

The rest is up to you.

Akaimizu
Mar 25, 2008, 01:16 PM
Not bad choices to start at all. Like how you also went for buffs as well. I would say you might as well start those so you can finally finish them off. Unless you attend buff parties, those can take a while of dedication to raise them up. However, these days, those buffs really start to pay off.

You may also want to get a Nosdiga. A very nice attack spell to raise up. I know a few techers who swear how much worth it, it is to have. Myself included, though my personal experience with using it has mainly been offline, so far.

Eventually, you'll probably work on lightning spells. A lot of people seem to hang back a little on getting them. Fortunately, these days, a lot more ground mobs have entered the realm and thus lightning has gained popularity. The Gizonde also looks very cool at level 31+, like some instant shield dome or Guardian made "Plasma Ball", like the ones you see sold in the Discovery Channel Store, or some science-themed Souvenier shop.

Argh. Beat to the punch on the NosDiga. Anyway, take what I said about that and simply translate it to "I agree with MSAksion."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-25 11:18 ]</font>

RedRaz0r
Mar 25, 2008, 09:31 PM
Techers are expensive because of their limited number of weapons. I suggest skipping gaozorans and going straight to psychos

Umberger
Mar 26, 2008, 01:40 AM
On 2008-03-25 11:12, MSAksion wrote:

MEGID - oh yes you want it. Not for kill but the fact it can do 800 to 1000 to as many enemies as you can hit in one shot.

WAY more than that...either your Megid is low level or you're using garbage weapons...

1) Level them all. If you're too impatient to do that, wait for the 4/11 update that'll increase PA experience. If you use them in the situations in which they're each appropriate/most efficient, they'll level no problem. Don't just focus on one TECHNIC, because that tends to lead to over+underleveling, in which case you'll be inclined not to use the underleveled PAs. Yes, even TECHNICs like Barta and Megiverse are awesome in the later levels.

2) See 1...if you're wondering purely about SE, the following gain their maximum SE at the listed levels (unless 41 brings a new SE level, which we should find out around Thursday/Friday)
No SE: Radiga, Gidiga, Regrant (I believe it has a "hidden" SE of Reflect Damage 1 but it's not listed)
1: Nosdiga (note: gains extra hit at 11, 21, but not 31).
11: Noszonde, Nosmegid.
21: Foie, Rafoie, Damfoie, Gifoie, Rabarta, Gibarta, Razonde, Gizonde, Diga, Megid, Ramegid, Megiverse.
31: Barta, Dambarta, Zonde, Damdiga, Dammegid.

Note that all Ra- TECHNICs gain the ability to hit 4 targets at 31, and all Dam- TECHNICs get an extra hit at 11, 21 and 31...and will most likely gain another one at 41.

3+4) See 1. They're all worth using. If you're going to play Fortetecher, why skip any of them?

5) -techers are not expensive. You're looking at high end weaponry, which you only need to buy one of to have a permanent slot on your palette until the next best thing comes out. Melee types have to deal with element, getting good %s on said element, grinds (if you wanna go the extra mile), and ranged types have to deal with somewhat high prices for their weapons...and they have way more choices than -techers.

6) Level your TECHNICs, know when to use them. Don't be afraid to run in close and cast a Dam- TECHNIC, but at the same time...know thy enemy. Take advantage of Just Counter with Gi- TECHNICs. Use rods, preferably elemental at that...the rod boost is a huge deal maker in later levels (both character and PA).

Hunt Psycho Wands at Sleeping Warriors. Be patient when hunting them...it took me somewhere around 487 post-AotI runs to find my first one, and to this day I have found four. If you search for it, you'll find one eventually...and depending on what your main is, you may be able to find some decent stuff for them too (I've found quite a few Svaltus Swords surprisingly). Good luck and enjoy being a Fortetecher.

Talise
Mar 26, 2008, 07:20 AM
ya, Umberger knows what he's talkin about...but you dun have to get every technic. Some technics can replace other technics depending on your weapon setup. Ex: If you use barta for long range, dambarta for close range, and gibarta for surrounding enemies, you might not use rabarta much. If you use barta for long range, rabarta(for its higher damage) on middle/close range 3-4 enemies, and dambarta for close range(covers well to keep enemies from surrounding you most of the time), you might not use gibarta much at all. It all depends on playstyle really. However, you arn't likely to know which spells are good for your playstyle unless you've played around with it. Play around with each type of spell(line,ra,gi,dam,nos's) and look at which spells are available on what element, then create a setup that's comfortable with yourself =D
Note: I used ice as an example, but as you have noticed, ice only has 4 attack spells so if you want to have those spells to get your 12% element boost, that's fine too, or you can fill in a space with buff/debuff if you like to.

mll
Mar 26, 2008, 08:27 AM
Good elemental armour - you'll need it.

LaughingMan
Mar 26, 2008, 08:44 AM
K thank you all for the help. I'll start hunting for the psycho wand today since my char has 3 star luck. I'm gonna get foie, radiga. and dambarta to 21 first then i'll work on nosdiga razonde diga and gi foie then eventually megid. If anyone wants to do a buff/resta party or help me level my spell my GT is GoDg4Sm and my characters name is kampf.

Beekeeper
Mar 26, 2008, 09:33 AM
The original question and all the great responses are the most helpful info I have received form this forum. I recently started my Newman FT (lvl 40) and this is great advise. Thanks.

xEndrance
Mar 26, 2008, 11:18 AM
What I did on my FT was I made 2. The first one was to level the spells to later I switched to acrotecher for the faster casting. After all my Spells were around 20 I switched back to ForteTecher and leveld them up some more after reaching Around Level 57 I put the Spells back into disc from and and switched over to my level 1 so that by the time im level 60+ my spells will be much higher overall making it better. But thats just me

Talise
Mar 26, 2008, 11:56 AM
that's powerlvling your technics and it's a different story...you can stay acrotecher until your spells get to 30 and do only sleeping wars and holy grounds. Good percentage light B and A rank armor will help, couple with me/quick and har/quick. For the larger enemies you can melee(fast) or use single spells, line spells, or ra spells(slow) I use a pp generate as well. It would be better to do this on your main techer first until it gets to around lvl 50's (when as a FT lvl 1 you will be able to use the lowest A rank armor(Ga-senba)) or until you get to lvl 45(when you have to start doin S rank holy Grounds, which can prove challenging for a techer solo, but then again I'm using 1 * wand/madoog combos).

shotsfired
Mar 26, 2008, 06:45 PM
lets see... my 2 cents...

the big 3 for attack - foie, diga , dambarta.
if you have the PA frags, get giresta!!
I am in love with noszonde as well, but that also involves PA frags
Nosdiga (another PA frag tech) is another great spell.
dont forget buffs.

honestly, that could hold you over.....

BUT

If you are a true techer, you will fill your PA slots with ALL techs, and slllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwllllyy grind your way through all of them.

Sexy_Raine
Mar 27, 2008, 10:34 PM
If you don't plan to multi-class(other than AT of course), then use all of them.

If your just starting off, Ra-techs and Dam-techs are great multi hitting techs. For hitting single enemies like bosses, then Diga and Foie are all you need. You don't really need Gi-techs from the start, other than to boost your element % on your rods. Four of the same element gives 12%.

Use your thinking, and try to balance each element. You don't always need to use an elelment that's opposite of the enemy. Don't get spoiled with one tech, and use nothing else, because once you max it out your wasting EXP when you keep using it.

As for leveling, you'll need to do a lot of soloing for that. Plains Overlord is a good place to use your Basic techs and Ra techs.

Support, you only need Giresta, retier, and reverser really. And don't bother using a rod for these. If you want to train more support techs than this, go acrotecher.

Have patience, and don't let FT stress you. Nothing is impossible to level, even megid. Use the wand/madoog combo a lot, it makes a big difference is your leveling. I've been a techer for 2500hrs, and I'm down to my last 8 offense techs to get to lv40. I plan to retire it soon for GT. AOI has made FT pretty worthless altogether thanks to AT being overpowered. Play it for your enjoyment, that's what I did.

Hope this helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-03-27 20:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-03-27 20:54 ]</font>

Yeevs
Mar 31, 2008, 01:09 AM
I can't say much since I don't have much experience Forteteching, but if I were to deduce the techs...

1: get the buff techs, resta, reverser, and giresta. You're sitting at a maximum buff efficiency that equals the buff drugs. Plus they help with 12%ing your rods!
2: need range? Foie, Diga, Megid, Nos- techs, Ra- techs. Zonde and Barta are a bit of a waste for what you can get.
3: status effects? Foie and Diga deliver on burn and silence (respectively), but the Dam- techs can pack a huge status punch. Be patient with the Dam- techs, though, for the close range can get annoying at times.
4: Gi- techs are great if you have the little suicidal maniac in you and feel like running gung-ho to drop a giant F-bomb on a pack of up to 6 targets. It also serves as an ok alternative to Dam- techs if you're not comfortable with having to hold still with Dam- techs.

I wouldn't settle for the debuffs, personally. Takes a close range to land them, they don't always land, and have little purpose (most you'll ever use is Jellen, since techs are unaffected by DEF and EVP--I think). You should be able to 12% rods without debuffs, but if the mobs are hitting a little hard for comfort, then Jellen would be a good choice.

Sum it up:
Buffs, Heals, Reverser for support and self-sufficiency
Foie, Diga, Megid, Nos- techs, Ra- techs for long range
Dam- techs and Gi- techs for close range
Have lots of patience and use Wand/Rod + Har Quick just to get them leveled up. Save the rods for when you need to lay down the hurt (Halarods on 360 servers go for 300-500k a piece, if you have a couple mil to get cheap S-rods!)

Oh, and abuse Sleeping Warriors if you can for Psycho Wand boards. In the process, you can also get Svaltus Sword boards and Svaltus Edges to help finance for other Techer items (Orpa/Red Force, Har Quick, Orpad Guard/Legs, Freeze/Stun/Sleep Resist)