PDA

View Full Version : Working on a story

Dre_o
Mar 25, 2008, 09:20 PM
Now, I've been wanting to write a story again for a long time but I actually want to FINISH this one. Not to mention that I wanted to avoid plot holes if all possible, so I'm mapping this out as well as I can. I've got a couple major themes I'm working on so that it will actually be a semi-intelligent read.

What I ask of you is an "evil name". That's right, I need an "evil name" for the "villain" of the story. I don't want it to be too "Japaneesy" (as in Hideyoshi Magashi Takeda to name a random collection of words) or too "Americany" (As in Brock Iron Fist). Do you know what I mean? Just give it some nice balance and make it as sinister as possible.

Sharkyland
Mar 25, 2008, 09:58 PM
-makes up a name- Shrieve (Shureev)

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 25, 2008, 10:18 PM
Think of what the villain does, stands for, or uses. Say he uses machines to do his bidding. Machine spelled backwards is Enihcam. Sounds like a fair-ish name. Take words and rearrange them, sometimes you might get something nice out of it.

*EDIT* Also, go look into language translators that will do ENGLISH to ??? translations. Latin is a nice language but just about anything works. Another example is say the villain is a ghost of sorts. If I remember correctly, ghost translates to Pupug or Lemure in Latin which both sound like names.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2008-03-25 20:20 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2008, 10:30 PM
Or do what I do and make something up based soley on sound. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif