PDA

View Full Version : A thought I am sure has crossed most of our minds.

AlexCraig
Mar 27, 2008, 01:34 AM
We have all seen them. He have all hated them. And yet they still come. We ask that they stop, but they do not. It has gotten to the point where the bad blood they cause has bubbled over the rim of the vat. You know of what I speak of.

PSU vs PSO threads.

Scores of them have been planted in PSU and PSO General. And both sides are sick of seeing them. The dialogue is overused, the opinions are the same, and the flames ALWAYS occur. And yet they keep coming. Either a new poster makes one because they did not use Forum Search, or a veteran makes one to speak his new view. But the outcome is always the same, regardless. PSU players saying PSO is outdated and should be left behind, while PSO players say why they don't play PSU.

I am sure the first 2 were not nearly as bad as they are now, but we can all see they have gone out of hand within the past year. And I believe I speak for most of us when I say it must stop. Hence this thread.

It is my opinion that the forum rules should state something against said threads. A rule that will disallow any further PSU vs PSO / PSO vs PSU type threads. The punishment would be decided by you, the mods. I strongly believe this should be.

It is in your hands. Say no if you wish; I am merely speaking my mind. But you can already tell that the situation is not going to get any better. If there is already a rule forbading these types of threads, and that I may have overlooked it, then my sincerest apologies and please disregard this thread. But if not, I strongly urge you to look into this matter.

Thank you and happy hunting to you all.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 27, 2008, 03:26 AM
I would enjoy a rule like this.....These threads are indeed geting out of hand. Of course, no one reads the rules, so it wouldn't make much of a difference ¬¬

Anduril
Mar 27, 2008, 02:22 PM
It would be great if that was an official rule, but no matter what the rules say there is always going to be that one person who doesn't read them/ doesn't care about them that is just going to start the whole vicious cycle over again.

AlexCraig
Mar 27, 2008, 02:24 PM
Hence the mods' decision of punishment.

Anduril
Mar 27, 2008, 02:27 PM
Good point. But I have lost my faith in people to just stay civil about these things, as some people don't even give a damn about the mods and will risk their accounts to make their attack. But again, I do think that it is a very good proposal.

Ryna
Mar 27, 2008, 07:18 PM
PSO-World has always had a tumultuous history when it comes to "versus" threads. Previous examples include GC/XBox debates and PSO class comparisons. The recent PSO/PSU threads have been rather civil compared to what past threads used to be.

The idea of banning "versus" threads has been brought up several times before. It has always been rejected because it is possible to have an intelligent discourse on these topics. If people decide to break the forum rules, they are warned and eventually banned.

As for duplicate topics, it is expected that experienced forum users will politely link new users to older threads. Depending on how things go from there, the thread will be locked. Also keep in mind that not all of these threads will be the same. A PSO/U thread from the last couple of months will be much different than one from launch.

AlexCraig
Mar 27, 2008, 07:40 PM
Maybe. But from what I, and I am sure many of us, have seen, there is not really all that much difference between the threads. I agree that linking the OP to a prior thread may halt some of the activity, but I still think the outcome will be as it always has been.