PDA

View Full Version : Team Problems

Rayokarna
Mar 27, 2008, 09:31 AM
I know, as being leader of a team and stuff, you always need to keep yourself together, it's something I just can't seem to do. Normally Im the one who brings them together and such, but I just can't seem to do it lately.

After snapping at my friend yesterday after my stupid mistake (Let my other friends in on a rare map on Lighting Beasts and he got the Skill Save that we wanted both hunting for). I seemed irritated for the rest of the night about, and after I snapped on her,(She had so many problems of her own) she quit the team by the end of the night. I died a little inside afterwards and gave my hunting partner lead of the team until further notice.

I know I should know better but everytime I let one of my friends in when I'm soloing, I always seem to lose something I need to them and I dont have the heart to ask them for it.

As it stands, I dont have the balls to even face any of them. I feel so pethetic and so lost in this game without them.

Edit: I wish I can turn back the hands of time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rayokarna on 2008-03-27 07:33 ]</font>

amtalx
Mar 27, 2008, 10:07 AM
I had a similar problem last night where someone came onto my team and took a drop that we were looking for. Pretty lame... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

If you let people in your party, you should make it painfully clear that certain items have been called before they even enter. If the new person isn't comfortable with that, politely ask them to leave. I usually stick to this, but I think I may have to toughen up after last night, haha. My parties are NOT a democracy.

It sucks not having friends you can rely on in this game, particularly considering how hard it can be to find parties of people that aren't assholes. I know that if I didn't have friends I could trust, I wouldn't have and of the cool stuff I have. You may just want to start by apologizing to the people that got burned. If they are really your friends, they will understand. If not, you were probably wasting your time to begin with. And in the future, make sure that everyone is on the same page with any item distribution.

Kylie
Mar 27, 2008, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I know how you feel as well, but I usually try to remember that my friends are more important to me than some silly virtual items. However, if I really want something, then I'll make sure the person knows that it's mine before they come in, and I suggest you do the same. If they really just want to be friendly and play with you, then it won't be a problem. If they want the item too, then they'll probably understand and join another game.

Darkly
Mar 27, 2008, 08:03 PM
i pretty much only play with one other person- we give each other stuff that we want etc.

what im saying is that your friends should give you the item iff you ask nicely - as long as you explain that they just joined at the end of your long hunt to get said item.

EphekZ
Mar 28, 2008, 01:47 AM
Like the above two posters said, a real team is people who will give up somethign if they know you're hunting for it, becuase after all, it's just a silly little virtual item.
I know, you've spent countless hours trying to make this fucking ridiculous item, that could drop the first one or may never drop, drop.

I don't play much PSU, but for my whole "PSU career" I've only played with people I knew I could find trust in, which means I don't go to uni 2 unless someone I know is there and wants me to help em, even if it were only through a virtual means. You need that anywhere. Talk to your friend, People snap and make mistakes. After all it's human nature. If she can't see that, then you really don't need her there anyway.

Don't beat yourself up over it, shit happens.

Freshellent
Mar 28, 2008, 03:20 AM
Wow dood,I'm really sorry to hear that. I feel I can indentify a little with you on what happened. I'm sorry it worked out that way. But,no amount of me feeling sorry for you,or you feeling sorry for yourself is going to change anything really.

I really hope you get the courage to face the problem sometime in the near future,that is if you want to mend things with your friends. A mistake like that isn't so bad. It's more of a problem of how you reacted I'm sure. ( If you need help hunting the item,I'm always willing to help.)

I know what it's like to be left behind in this game. My guild left me a number of times,moving onto other games,internal drama. Just about everything you can imagine, happened. I'm lucky to still be friends with all of them,despite what has happened.

You'll hear me say it here and there. I fucking hated Firebreak. Firebreak was absolute aids for me. I have never seen so many greedy people in my life. More people were dishonest and fucking dicks to one another during that event for me than any game I've ever played online in my life. I've met nicer people in retail.The kinda chit you just experienced was pretty much an everyday thing for me during that event. The only good thing that came of it was some MP and I luckily made new friends.
It's important to talk your problems out with you team,you wouldn't be much of a team leader if you just rolled over on this one.

I'll be honest,I think she has a right to be angry. But as a friend she should be able to overlook that sort of thing. Items can be replaced. ( generally speaking) a friendship can't.

You'll be able to work through this. I believe in you man!

Sharkyland
Mar 28, 2008, 08:56 PM
I can relate, but right now, I'm just burnt out from the game. I really don't have a team that I stick to anymore. I'm mostly soloing now. I've done so many dumb things in the past and certain times got stupid little pet peeves to push me away from some people.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 28, 2008, 09:48 PM
On 2008-03-27 07:31, Rayokarna wrote:
I know, as being leader of a team and stuff, you always need to keep yourself together, it's something I just can't seem to do. Normally Im the one who brings them together and such, but I just can't seem to do it lately.

After snapping at my friend yesterday after my stupid mistake (Let my other friends in on a rare map on Lighting Beasts and he got the Skill Save that we wanted both hunting for). I seemed irritated for the rest of the night about, and after I snapped on her,(She had so many problems of her own) she quit the team by the end of the night. I died a little inside afterwards and gave my hunting partner lead of the team until further notice.

I know I should know better but everytime I let one of my friends in when I'm soloing, I always seem to lose something I need to them and I dont have the heart to ask them for it.

As it stands, I dont have the balls to even face any of them. I feel so pethetic and so lost in this game without them.

Edit: I wish I can turn back the hands of time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rayokarna on 2008-03-27 07:33 ]</font>

If the third person is the one that got the Skill Save you both wanted, why did you snap at her?

Also, it never hurts to call out your item whenever a new friend shows up midgame, this of course won't apply easily when dealing with random people.

Just apologize and be done with it. In the end this is only a game, that item is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. It is not like you were robbed, mugged, etc etc.

There are times that you need to be honest and tell your friends you need some time to be alone and recuperate your senses. If they value your friendship they will understand and wait for your return.

I've seen you get too serious over things that you have no control over, and this is something that you should adress (sp). Sometimes you must be like the blade of grass and bend with the storm, instead of the tree that fights and gets broken.

VetroDrago
Mar 31, 2008, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry, but I hate when I join a party and someone calls an item. If I don't know the person then forget your call man. I won't tell em that, but if I get the item, then it's mine. That's if the party's comment or name didn't mention any calling. I avoid a party if they have calling mentioned there. If a friend wants me to help hunt an item, then I'll gladly help.