PDA

View Full Version : Anga Dugrega leveling, halp :(((((

CelestialBlade
Mar 27, 2008, 05:30 PM
This PA looks like it gets really good, but it's officially the slowest PA I have ever had the displeasure of leveling (and I'm counting Rifle bullets here). For those that have it at high levels, where did you go to level it? Any especially good places to level it for a level 39 CAST Fortefighter?

Yeah I could wait for the PA leveling increase, but that's gonna be a while and I'd like to use my Fortefighter for MAG a little.

Any advice is appreciated.

th0rnz
Mar 27, 2008, 05:35 PM
The PA leveling increase is coming April 11th from what I understand, and mag isn't until April 25th, so you have 2 weeks in between.

Hope that helps, sorry I don't know anything about leveling that PA.

CelestialBlade
Mar 27, 2008, 06:01 PM
Huh, I must have missed something. Awesome if it is, though.

biggabertha
Mar 27, 2008, 06:51 PM
Anga Dugrega... Man... Back when this PA had a REALLY low accuracy modifier made your eyes bleeeeeeeeeeed...

At least now, it has nice accuracy.

Er... anyway, I leveled mine against:

Komatozes (because that first body-rush tackle almost always knocks them over then you can catch up to it and do it again.)

Kog Nadds (because of the same reason)

Vandas in Valley of Carnage B (back when I was a Protranser and when Valley of Carnage was HARD)

Anything that basically gets knocked over from knockback PAs/bullets/TECHNICs with two target points is the place where you can cash in your Anga Dugrega levels. In fact, I seem to recall leveling a good deal of it in Mad Creatures S and in Eastern Peril S when my Protranser just couldn't cope with the cost of traps all of the time.

It's very worth it to level it though... oh-so-satisfying to knock something mles away, bound after it, plunge the tip of your axe into it then slash it away. Man.. I think I need help but in a different way to your plea...

Freshellent
Mar 27, 2008, 06:53 PM
I usually go to Unsafe Passage A rank to lvl PAs. Friends of mine prefer Sakura Blast for the Booma mobs though.

Reason for Unsafe Passage for me is because the mobs can't damage me at all,but last long enough to take a hit or two. Leveled just about all my melee PAs there with no problems.

( Gravity Break,Absolute Dance,Cross Hurricane etc etc.)

Crank up the tunes or turn on the TV,whatever you need to do to keep your mind off the tedium. Good Luck!

CelestialBlade
Mar 27, 2008, 07:14 PM
I've been in Sakura Blast because of the crowded Booma mobs and the Ubakadabralabafabaosamas, but there's a looooot of walking time which just kills the leveling speed. Valley of Carnage has a similar problem, so I may try Unsafe Passage. Thanks for the advice.

imfanboy
Mar 27, 2008, 08:01 PM
Step 1: Synth fire Aksuc.

Step 2: Get plenty of Photon Charges.

Step 3: Go to Plains Overlord.

Step 4: Fight De Ragan with Jabroga on a Fire Aksuc, preferably equipped with a Solid/Hit S.

Step 4: ?????

Step 5: PROFIT!

Zorafim
Mar 27, 2008, 08:25 PM
I leveled it naturally, believe it or not. I soloed Rainbow Beast alot for Fukas (which I ended up buying), and it works fairly well against those Kamatozes.

Sexy_Raine
Mar 27, 2008, 10:07 PM
Heh, go try Megiverse if you think this is too hard. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ANA has it at lv30, he only has like 470hrs. The Okanoh has a lot of pp, and is good for using this. I think the whole combo can hit 8 times, so large 4 legged enemies are good to try it on.

CelestialBlade
Mar 28, 2008, 08:13 AM
On 2008-03-27 20:07, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Heh, go try Megiverse if you think this is too hard. :P

ANA has it at lv30, he only has like 470hrs. The Okanoh has a lot of pp, and is good for using this. I think the whole combo can hit 8 times, so large 4 legged enemies are good to try it on.

Heh, I know what you mean, my Megiverse sits at a lowly level 4 :P Now that one is waiting till the PA leveling speed increase.

I love this PA because it makes the most use out of utility. Blow Away, then you actually JUMP FORWARD to make use of the Blow Away (most PAs Blow Away and you're still attacking at close range), cause pain, and then moar Blow Away. How great is that? Even with only the first part of the PA, you can *completely* immobilize most enemies. Especially true for my CAST fF and all her ATA.

Linear Line seems to be doing alright, though 9-10 sure is taking forever. I think I'll be happy to at least have the second part of the combo, then get the rest after the PA leveling speed increase.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typheros on 2008-03-28 06:13 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Mar 28, 2008, 08:39 AM
Pounding large monsters that can be flipped with knockdown (kamatoze, drua, kogg, gainzeros... NOT polahorva or ukbrada) is best for leveling Dugrega, since you can spam it as rapidly as possible without jogging around for targets.

ulyoth
Mar 28, 2008, 10:17 PM
I just solo white beast, i use nine axes and may recharge one or two before the boss, currently at 37. The going is painfully slow. Just keep at it.

Hrith
Mar 29, 2008, 07:40 AM
On 2008-03-27 18:01, imfanboy wrote:
Step 1: Synth lightning Aksuc.

Step 2: Beat story chapters one to five of Episode 2

Step 3: Go to Rescuing Hyuga 1 on A

Step 4: Spam your skill away

Step 4: Cancel when you're out of PP

Step 5: PROFIT!Better.

imfanboy
Mar 29, 2008, 03:45 PM
excellent idea, Hrith...

mvffin
Mar 29, 2008, 11:53 PM
On 2008-03-29 05:40, Hrith wrote:

QFT. ANY melee or bullet levels great there...

imfanboy
Mar 31, 2008, 02:57 AM
On 2008-03-29 05:40, Hrith wrote:

Having tried your method, I can safely say..

YOU ARE WRONG. At least for Jabroga. It makes sense that other melee skills would level fast in there, but Jabroga is a bit different.

It levels much better on De Ragan, and faster too, because 1) you don't knock the enemies flying, 2) you can almost always hit the maximum hit boxes possible, and 3) you're wrong wrong wrong!

Plus you have the chance of finding some decent items from De Ragan.

Talise
Mar 31, 2008, 05:19 AM
oooooooooooo, if fanboy wins this one Hrith can't say he's never been proven wrong 0_0

panzer_unit
Mar 31, 2008, 08:16 AM
On 2008-03-31 00:57, imfanboy wrote:
Having tried your method, I can safely say..

YOU ARE WRONG. At least for Jabroga.

... I guess it's good this thread's about leveling Dugrega.

biggabertha
Mar 31, 2008, 09:55 AM
Except with De Ragan, he can kill you if you're not careful with that flame breath of his. You can happily fall asleep to Rescuing Hyuga with the right element armour and will just have "abandoned" the mission if you do die.

With De Ragan, you have to go THROUGH the entire mission first before getting to him, by which point, I've most likely started on my second or third Rescuing Hyuga Mission and gotten what I set out to do to begin with, leveling Anga Jabroga whilst you, have been searching for items, spent around 12 minutes getting to the point where you can search for items and gotten around to hitting De Ragan with Anga Jabroga and whoops. You killed him after about ten Anga Jabrogas with loads of cancellations inbetween from stomps, flying away, fire breath dodging etc.

Rescuing Hyuga's just nice for having exactly 100 enemies and the ability to cancel out whenever you feel like it and loads of safe spots too. Great stuff for linear PAs, moreso for stubborn melee PAs.

Hrith
Mar 31, 2008, 01:46 PM
I tried the De Ragan Anga Jabroga leveling tactic (fire Aksuc, Solid / Hit S, commiting suicide when De Ragan is about to die to refill its HP, etc.), and whether it was on S or S2 difficulty, it was more time-efficient to just spam Rescuing Hyuga 1 =/

The De Ragan tactic involves:
-running Plains Overlord, which is a waste of time (albeit about 10 minutes), even if you do use Anga Jabroga by making use of the safe spots.
-dealing with Lv100 monsters (the robots in Rescuing Hyuga 1 A are Lv36).
-staring at Shagreece.
-fighting a boss which will cancel you, dash away from the range of Anga Jabroga, and above all, fly around for several minutes per fight >_>
-many more loading times, which add up when you're doing one or two hours of PA leveling.

I gained more levels in the same amount of time by using Rescuing Hyuga 1, if it was not the case for you, well, what can I say?

Anga Jabroga levels up very fast, contrary to what people think, it's just extremely annoying to level up.

CelestialBlade
Mar 31, 2008, 02:18 PM
The De Ragan method has merit but I don't really like it because De Ragan is an annoying twit and runs the hell away from you/flies all the time at low HP, plus you have to run through Plains Overlord.

Rescuing Hyuga is a good idea, or just any place with cramped quarters and mobby enemy groups. White Beast and Grove of Fanatics really aren't bad either, especially Grove because you get robots there too.

imfanboy
Mar 31, 2008, 02:30 PM
It takes me all of 13 minutes to wade through Plains Overlord S2, and I gained almost a full level every boss fight until I stopped at level 17. Last night I only gained about 30% from 7 Photon Charges and a few JA'd regular swings before I said to myself, "I actually don't like Jabroga. Maybe that's why it feels like such a frickin' chore to me."

The character who has it also has boma duranga (protranser) and Duranga just feels... better. Meh. I'll still keep working it up.

panzer_unit
Mar 31, 2008, 03:29 PM
I leveled Jabroga the same as I did my grenades: shortcutting through blocks of Tunnel Recapture to pick fights with Kogs & Drua. Sleeping Warriors isn't bad either; Jabroga works wonders against large groups of Badira, Golmoro, and Stateria (though stun resist is a must-have)

danny_o
Mar 31, 2008, 09:29 PM
...Jabroga? ...Dugrega?

Rescuing Hyuga (Part 1) is quite effective, no time lost to traipsing about. Get a lightning Aksuc or lightning Yohmei axe, cuz they have loads of PP.

Heh, I have been leveling some PA's there, but I left my hard power charge equip most of the time...with a tero hit in my inventory... Rectified that a day ago, now I can make some money while I run that mission. Not much money, enough for a stack of Photon Charges every 2 or 3 runs.

RadiantLegend
Apr 2, 2008, 12:40 PM
Rescuing Hyuga is good for 1-21, after that go with sakura blast.