PDA

View Full Version : Cheers to Morrowind!

Nawms
Jan 19, 2003, 02:43 PM
Well, Ive started a new character in Morrowind last night: a breton. Hes only a lvl 3 Pilgrim hehe.
So ive went to that shack around Gnaar Mok and took all its stuff but then I decided to make it my home. So I ran around and bought/stole over 30 lanterns, and brightened up the place.
It really looks good. Ive tried my hand at pearl diving but seeing as im not Argonian I cant reach some of the deeper pearls. I feel like Ive rediscovered the game.

ABDUR101
Jan 19, 2003, 02:57 PM
My Argonian(maxed lvl, but can still increase his abilities) is quite the fighter. Thanks to some enchanted items I am able to carry almost double what I normally would be able to, I'm invincible thanks to an amulet that constantly regenerates health by 3-4 pts a second and quite afew other things.

I've also found all but two or three of the legendary items in the world.

Quite fun. But the freezes really annoy the hell out of me. It's been a while since I've played though.

I love using the Daedric Longbow. =D

Nawms
Jan 19, 2003, 04:30 PM
Toobad Argonians have to be slaves. Who knows how many Ive slaughtered... errr released, ya.

Ness
Jan 19, 2003, 05:49 PM
Argonians are the shit man! They are all I ever use! My character is only level 14 though. What I like about Morrowind is that they rarely do anything after you still from them.

LamerPanda
Jan 19, 2003, 05:59 PM
I just started again a few days ago...

I'm only level 2 because I tend to get lost and then killed, but eh, doesn't bother me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

The next character I make is going to be a thief, because I had the Elder Scrolls games before this and I used to love stealing things in Daggerfall. It was harder there, though, because the guards usually killed you. x.x;

Ness
Jan 19, 2003, 06:04 PM
The best thing to do is make you're own custom class that way you can have a magic thief or a Thieing Warrior. I balnce out my character with Combat and Magic abilities because magic made the journey a whole lot easier and Odasi's Open Door is better than any lockpick.

Dangerous55
Jan 19, 2003, 06:12 PM
Im a level 18 Nord Woodsman, at least that what I named my custom class. He uses Spears, Bows, and Long Swords. I use Tsyia's House in Balorma as my home base. What are the legendary items?

ABDUR101
Jan 19, 2003, 06:43 PM
On 2003-01-19 15:12, Dangerous55 wrote:
What are the legendary items?

There are numerous legendary weapons, armors, shields and other things.

Dragonbone armor for example gives 100% fire resistance.

You get afew of them from doing special commands of the Daedric lords. You just have to find the shrines to the daedric lords and if you can do a task for them they'll tell you.

I've scoured every dungeon, ruin, shrine, cave, village and city. It's extremely fun to rush in, hack and slash and selling the items you retreive.

Mark and Recall are your best spells hehe

Dangerous55
Jan 19, 2003, 06:45 PM
Ive heard of the Dragonbone, where did you get it? I am using the Lord's Mail which is nice.

geewj
Jan 19, 2003, 06:56 PM
I think its in a grotto near ebonheart, or however its spelled. You have to do a lot of swimming around to get it.

Also, if you get an item that gives +10 to strength so your strenght is 110, and you go to one of the secret masters who teaches a strenght based skill then you can keep on learning it. It wont go above 100 but if its a major or minor skill then you can level up. My character is lvl 161 from doing this. And if you need money then kill an ordinator and sell his armor to the scamp in the manor of ganor mok (I think) he buys things at full price and has 5k. Just sleep or wait for 24 hours so he has money to but it all from you. About 30k for a full set of ordinator armor i think.

Dangerous55
Jan 19, 2003, 07:00 PM
On 2003-01-19 15:56, Prof_Frink wrote:
I think its in a grotto near ebonheart, or however its spelled. You have to do a lot of swimming around to get it.

Yeah thats the Lord's Mail. I wanted to know where the Dragonbone is.

geewj
Jan 19, 2003, 07:11 PM
im pretty sure dragonbone is in some underwater ruins. Its out on a small obscure island.

Nawms
Jan 19, 2003, 07:26 PM
I got a Khajiit up to lvl 18 too, but he wasnt exactly what I wanted. I figured out I was looking for more willpower and endurance. I tried to do some Morag Tong missons with him but he sucked too much. I think I only got his rank up to a thrall.

on a side note: the skies in the game are stunning, especially on a clear night.

ABDUR101
Jan 19, 2003, 08:05 PM
On 2003-01-19 16:26, Nawms wrote:
on a side note: the skies in the game are stunning, especially on a clear night.

Yes they are. The moons and stars are quite the eye catcher.

It's been a while since I've played though, I forget where I found alot of the stuff. =

GameFAQs most likely has an item list that tells you where you can find alot of the stuff.

Also, has anyone lived the life of a vampire yet? There are three bloodlines to be reborn under. =)

..I myself like to blow absurd amounts of money to enchant very powerful items. o_O

BlackRose
Jan 19, 2003, 10:24 PM
When I stopped playing, I had four characters up to level 30... an orc, two dark elves (got to 30 then remade him) and a wood elf. Definetely a time-killer... o_O

The game continually surprises me with how rooted it is in real history. Most of the "made-up" words in the game (i.e. dunmer, warwyrd, names of cities) are derived from old english, as are many of the items. Many of the cultural aspects of the game are nearly carbon-copied from old cultures as well.

Fascinating game, to say the least.

Ness
Jan 19, 2003, 10:30 PM
I like to to kill the peopl when they attack me. Then I loot them of whatever I find necessary.

Dangerous55
Jan 19, 2003, 10:48 PM
On 2003-01-19 19:30, Ness wrote:
I like to to kill the peopl when they attack me.

Hmm, that never occured to me.

DirewolfX
Jan 19, 2003, 11:17 PM
The little scamp dude is in Caldera... the manor is to the east (IIRC) of the Mage's guild.

I'll have to try that trick with strength and primary skills... I have truckloads of gold and my strength is closer to 200 than 100 (Daedric Tower Shields enchanted with constant +48 Strength help a lot).

Phobos-X
Jan 20, 2003, 01:40 PM
last time i played morrowind for xbox my strength was over 1000 and so was my intelligence. i dont even want to get into how high my skills were!

LamerPanda
Jan 20, 2003, 02:06 PM
Heh, just started a thief...

So far I've killed 2 or 3 people and stolen all their things, as well as going into random houses and taking everything inside.

The funny thing is, it's a lot easier to be a thief than any other character, since you generally have more money. XD

Nawms
Jan 20, 2003, 02:11 PM
On 2003-01-20 11:06, LamerPanda wrote:
Heh, just started a thief...

So far I've killed 2 or 3 people and stolen all their things, as well as going into random houses and taking everything inside.

The funny thing is, it's a lot easier to be a thief than any other character, since you generally have more money. XD

I'm not sure killing people is a thiefs buissiness. Sneak up on them and pickpocket them. Get your security way up and open every locked door in Vvardenfel.
Thiefs are fun to be, but when you realized you murdered half the merchants in Seyda Neen, you regret it.

Ness
Jan 20, 2003, 02:17 PM
I used Alteration spells to open door. I aslo used Chameleon to sneak around.

LamerPanda
Jan 20, 2003, 02:20 PM
Yeah, it's supposed to be more pickpocketing, but I usually fail. Hence the killing.

I don't murder merchants, because commoners are a lot easier to deal with, really. o_0

Phobos-X
Jan 20, 2003, 02:57 PM
have any PC'ers picked up the Tribunal Expansion, and if so, how much better than original?