PDA

View Full Version : Types of idiots you meet on PSO

Uncle_bob
Jan 19, 2003, 05:16 PM
I've seen so many types of idiots on PSO, so I think it's time to sort out the different types that plague the PSO servers. :/

#1. 1337 H@x0rz: One of the most common idiots on DC PSO, fortunately they don't really exist on GC. They title themselves as "hackers" and warn you not to mess with their "mad skillz" or you might get "haxored". They consider using codes that they get from Barubary or cheating websites to be "1337 h@x".

#2. Beggar: Name pretty much says it all. They run around lobbies, usually on Vega, saying "NE1 got dubble camm0n!?111" or "NE1 spaer free raerz!11?"

#3. n00b: Not to be confused with "newbie". (Newbies are people new to the game and want to learn how to play, which is good. N00bs are different) N00bs can be any class, but are usually Forces; more specifically, Fomars that don't know what the hell shifta, deband, jellen, and zalure are. They usually whack an enemy with a cane doing 0 damage, or they use the wrong techs against the wrong enemies. One example is a Fomar that was using Gizonde against Gigoboomas.
P.S.: Don't read this wrong, I'm not saying all Fomars are n00bs. But most of them are

#4. Item Whore: A disgusting spawn that resulted from rare items being made in red boxes. They're usually Humars that flee from a battle with a Garanz or a pack of Sinows to go get their "preshus raer itemz". It doesn't matter even if they can't use the items they pick up, if it is red they go for it. Item Whores aren't limited to red boxes, oh no. I've had idiot item whores pick up trifluids/mind mats/tech disks/ right from under my Fomarl.

#5. Mr. Labiz: Usually a Humar that runs around with an obviously duped Double Cannon, BKB, Partisan of Lightning, or a Dark Flow. Somehow they still manage to die, even with level 30 s/d/j/z.

#6. Fanboy+99: Not too common on actual the PSO servers, but quite common on PSO message boards. They often try to annoy people by saying "X-bxo is teh sux lolzlolzolzolz!!11!" or "Gaycube is 4 kidz, it sux0r!11".

#7. Pervert: These sick bastards usually have nothing better to do than hang around lobbies and hit on Female characters. Often saying phrases such as: "ur hawt." or "r u a gurl?!1 lolz". I've encountered some that don't care if the person using the character is actually male...very disgusting. The pervert can be broken down into several sub-species.

A.) Symbol Chat Pervert: Repeatedly use symbols showing nudity (often very poorly done, too), masturbation, stickmen having sex, or stickmen having sex with animals.

B.) Horny-Teenager-Pimp-wannabe: Plagued the DC PSO servers when most Americans could easily get keyboards. They hit on female characters, act as if they are "Gangstas" or Pimps, and use the F3/F4 key when behind female characters.

C.) Not sure on the last one...seems like something should be here..but meh.

#8. LolzLolzLolz!11: LolzLolzLolz, or LLL for short, end EVERY one of their sentences with LOL, or they just end up saying it for no reason at all.

#9. Battle Mode N00b: They join battle mode games expecting to win, but when they begin to lose they accuse everyone else (especially forces) of cheating.

Heh.. I read the responces and you people brought up some pretty good ones that I forgot to put. Thank you for suggestions. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2003-01-20 16:36 ]</font>

LamerPanda
Jan 19, 2003, 05:37 PM
How about people who don't bother helping the rest of the team at all and try to fight off a horde of monsters themselves (and complain when they die), or people with high levels who join games with low-level characters and steal all the EXP?

Not to mention Forces that don't bother with support at all, which is especially annoying if you're playing as an android and can't use Shifta/Deband or even Resta. If a FO's busy in a battle and can't help at the moment, that I can understand, but if you're running in and smacking things with a cane while the rest of your teammates are being mauled by Sinow Zoas, you might want to rethink your strategy.

Sedyne
Jan 19, 2003, 05:38 PM
"I have every single rare items, but I'm still legit!"-These are the people that "say they are legit" and will tell you they traded for and or found themselves the double cannon, and black king bar they are wielding.

Spy
Jan 19, 2003, 05:43 PM
You cannot say you know idiocy until you've played with me.

Munki
Jan 19, 2003, 05:51 PM
You forgot the last idiot type...

The word ballon idiot. Who think it is great to make sure that one of their word balloons are on screen at all moments. Ugh. That is annoying.

Especially since half the time, they are screaming Help or I need Shifta, when they already are spelled up, or they are aren't in battle or anything.

Whee! Fun!

Ness
Jan 19, 2003, 05:53 PM
Don't forget about the Pimps! Yes the pimps. They are to ones walking around and getting behind female characters in the looby and humping them. Or more like typing "hump hump hump" or "grabs pussy". Other will take a more blunt approach and say " You have been chosen as my whore". Some of them even do it in all caps.

MaJin
Jan 19, 2003, 06:18 PM
There's also the quiet idiots, i dunno how to descript them but i think u guyz know wut i mean...

haterade
Jan 19, 2003, 06:46 PM
Battle Mode Idiots: They have a tendancy to complain about hacking when they lose. I had one guy tell me that I hacked up a God/Tech for my FOnewm... in rule 3! FOnewm = RA tech bonus. How hard is it to understand that you use the items you FIND in rule 3!? It's highly uncommon to find a rare item in BA. Also these dudes tend to camp quite often, and accuse others of camping/kill stealing etc. Oh, and they'll brag about beating you if you had no weapon for the entire round... lol

ChronoTrigga_Lost
Jan 19, 2003, 06:59 PM
People who type LOL after everything.
People who tell people to get out of a game when they should have locked it in the first place.
People who complain in trade forums about dupes when they should take it to the cheaters forum.....

well that's about it.

Nawms
Jan 19, 2003, 07:33 PM
On 2003-01-19 14:53, Ness wrote:
Don't forget about the Pimps! Yes the pimps. They are to ones walking around and getting behind female characters in the looby and humping them. Or more like typing "hump hump hump" or "grabs pussy". Other will take a more blunt approach and say " You have been chosen as my whore". Some of them even do it in all caps.

Thats crazy... and funny. Ive never seen this but its makin me laugh.
YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!

krayziegunts
Jan 19, 2003, 07:54 PM
people like me, (Bizzygunts HuMar) i beg like a bitch and cry if i dont get a good rare

Uncle_bob
Jan 19, 2003, 07:57 PM
On 2003-01-19 16:54, krayziegunts wrote:
people like me, (Bizzygunts HuMar) i beg like a bitch and cry if i dont get a good rare

Heh, I already have that one on the list :|

Davion
Jan 19, 2003, 09:39 PM
On 2003-01-19 15:59, ChronoTrigga wrote:
People who type LOL after everything.

I had a guy do that to me. Gawd I hated it. He was a low level character that got his way into my Vhard game when I was helping out a freind. I didn't want to be mean, so when he wanted to trade cards, I gave mine to him. BIG mistake. He followed me. He found me, and asked for items. I had given him some stuff so he could survive Vhard ruins at level 50(ish), but he kept after me.

Thus I coin another class of annoying players, want-to-be lackeys. Players that follow people 3 times their level so they can get leveled faster and get free items, while being annoying and posting LOL after everything.

Heresme89
Jan 19, 2003, 10:00 PM
This has sorta of been said but mines in a different way. A okay player whos probably level 60 in vhard which aint bad who has a middle 9 star wep and you give it a 10 star wep or high 9 star wep, so they keep bugging u and sending u mail during games which I always open and respond GO AWAY, and in the process hurting my teammates by not helping

Muku6
Jan 19, 2003, 10:04 PM
If you have one of those pestering idiots following you, just put on the answering service and ignore the mail that enters at the time. At least with the quick response of the answering service and if they keep responding I'm sure he/she'll get the point.

Heresme89
Jan 19, 2003, 10:24 PM
Some more:

I hate people when I create a team on vhard that says lv60+ people at level 40 come in.

People who die, and no one will use a moon atom. and want everybody to die so they distract you by using ballons.

people who decided to lose weight by running circles around you. .

SkyHawkX
Jan 19, 2003, 11:45 PM
You do know that the God/Technique glitch is still in this version.

Fonara
Jan 20, 2003, 12:07 AM
I hate it when high level players come into a normal game and try to show off their rares... for example i was in a NORMAL game with my new level 15 fonewearl and some stupid level 132 Ramar scrub joins the game and starts talkin trash about how strong he is and how he's spankin all the monsters... -_- they're what i classify as the LOSER SCRUBS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fonara on 2003-01-19 21:08 ]</font>

Goldstix69
Jan 20, 2003, 01:07 AM
On 2003-01-19 14:16, Uncle_bob wrote:

n00b: Not to be confused with "newbie". (Newbies are people new to the game and want to learn how to play, which is good. N00bs are different) N00bs can be any class, but are usually Forces; more specifically, Fomars that don't know what the hell shifta, deband, jellen, and zalure are. They usually whack an enemy with a cane doing 0 damage, or they use the wrong techs against the wrong enemies. One example is a Fomar that was using Gizonde against Gigoboomas.
P.S.: Don't read this wrong, I'm not saying all Fomars are n00bs. But most of them are

this is wrong a n00b is the exact same thing as a newbie or a nub or whatever type of slang you want to use, n00b is someone starting off to the game and hasn't quite gotten down how it works, someone who does one swing, then one swing, then one swing with a weapon, not a combo, nub, n00b, newbie, n00bie whatever you want to call them they are all just slang to someone who is new to the game

you people are not 1337 you think you are but until you play m4d fp5 7h3n j00 r fr0m 1337

From rainstar, a disgruntled force who cannot join psow due to lack of "non-free"e-mail address

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Goldstix69 on 2003-01-19 22:12 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Jan 20, 2003, 01:41 AM
On 2003-01-19 22:07, Goldstix69 wrote:

On 2003-01-19 14:16, Uncle_bob wrote:

n00b: Not to be confused with "newbie". (Newbies are people new to the game and want to learn how to play, which is good. N00bs are different) N00bs can be any class, but are usually Forces; more specifically, Fomars that don't know what the hell shifta, deband, jellen, and zalure are. They usually whack an enemy with a cane doing 0 damage, or they use the wrong techs against the wrong enemies. One example is a Fomar that was using Gizonde against Gigoboomas.

this is wrong a n00b is the exact same thing as a newbie or a nub or whatever type of slang you want to use, n00b is someone starting off to the game and hasn't quite gotten down how it works, someone who does one swing, then one swing, then one swing with a weapon, not a combo, nub, n00b, newbie, n00bie whatever you want to call them they are all just slang to someone who is new to the game

you people are not 1337 you think you are but until you play m4d fp5 7h3n j00 r fr0m 1337

From rainstar, a disgruntled force who cannot join psow due to lack of "non-free"e-mail address

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Goldstix69 on 2003-01-19 22:12 ]</font>

Ugh.. Don't take this topic so seriously. The n00b/newbie thing is just my opinion, don't get upset about it. :/

P.s.- Use periods next time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Metal_Gear
Jan 20, 2003, 04:54 AM
How about Mr. Superiority? Hangs around in lobbies or joines random games and starts trashing everyone for little or no reason at all. But not like a fool, "YU SUXOR." More like, "Hey flesh bag, you're pig sweat is making me want to vomit." They typically think they own a particular lobby and try and force other players to beg to stay when they enter. Oh and whenever I join... er he joins a game, he'll not kill anything and stand around outside of each room saying, "YES, GO MY MINIONS, KILL THE HUMANS!"

That kind of guy is a real jerkass.

00JOE
Jan 20, 2003, 10:04 AM
HUmars are scum.<---Period

..Well most of them are.

00JOE
Jan 20, 2003, 10:13 AM

..Well most of them are.

Bloodberry
Jan 20, 2003, 10:42 AM
Not all high levels entering games suck. Well, a majority do and just kill everything and piss off the rest of the people playing, but I've had a few enter the game and just S/D us, heal us, or freeze/paralyze the enemies with a reasonable non-damaging attack.

And they don't really say anything either. Quiet philanthropist or guilty conscience, I don't really know. =D

Nils
Jan 20, 2003, 01:20 PM
On 2003-01-20 07:42, Bloodberry wrote:
Not all high levels entering games suck. Well, a majority do and just kill everything and piss off the rest of the people playing, but I've had a few enter the game and just S/D us, heal us, or freeze/paralyze the enemies with a reasonable non-damaging attack.

I do this sometimes. Run into a normal game, Cast S/D on them, Resta when they need it, and payalize enemies with my Varista (it only hurts about 20-30 whit the payalizing attack).

I hate the ones that say "LOL" after anything.
*Gets knocked down* "LOL"
*Cast spell* "LOL"
*Kills enemy* "LOL"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nils on 2003-01-20 10:22 ]</font>

LamerPanda
Jan 20, 2003, 01:39 PM
I don't have a problem with high level characters who go into a game and actually help. It's appreciated. ^^ If they run in and kill off all the monsters without even letting me hit them once, though, it's pretty irritating.

Another type of person I hate is people who don't listen to you at all, be it in C-Mode, fighting a boss, or whatever. I can think of a few times that I've been in Challenge, asked someone to ignore the enemies and get the switch, and then watched as they ran over and started hacking away at the monsters. x_x

Blue147
Jan 20, 2003, 03:15 PM
hmmm.i dont mind people who say lol after they do something,cuz alot of the time what they are doing is funny to them.lol.the only people i hate are the ones that post thier biching on forums cuz they cant take other people for who they are.lol

Kupi
Jan 20, 2003, 05:40 PM
I don't think anyone's mentioned the "obscene symbol chat" type jerk... that's the only one that comes to mind that nobody else has said.

Sedric
Jan 20, 2003, 06:38 PM
On 2003-01-20 07:04, 00JOE wrote:

..Well most of them are.

RAmars are scum! <--- Exclamation mark!

....Well, most of them are. Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk.

flux-equals-rad
Jan 20, 2003, 07:00 PM
how about the "i never resta myself" characters? they die and then yell at the poor FO...theres no excuse for running into a new room with less than 1/2 your HP if yr character can cast resta...
ive had to redo famitsu so many times because of this..
most likely offender: HUmar.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 20, 2003, 07:31 PM
People who use duplicated rare weapons and take any rare that drops. Cheaters like to find stuff, too! =^_^=

JorJorMogBoi
Jan 20, 2003, 08:38 PM
Hehee! That was funny to read! I've seen a lot of that stuff too, because I play the DC version! *holds cross to Oberon* ...I don't wanna go back there.

pixelate
Jan 21, 2003, 04:30 AM
On 2003-01-20 16:31, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
People who use duplicated rare weapons and take any rare that drops. Cheaters like to find stuff, too! =^_^=

Ooph! Better hurry and get that nine star rare from the freshly opened box!

Storme
Jan 21, 2003, 06:51 AM
ROLEPLAYING FOR THE WRONG REASONS:
I was teamed with this one guy named "AFRO JACKSON" who kect splurting out sayings like "Shu' yo' mouth" or other comments. I found it abit offensive, with the steriotype and all, and the fact he used them every few seconds.