PDA

View Full Version : Good PA's for slaying Big Creatures

Noblewine
Mar 29, 2008, 06:33 PM
I was running Dark Satellite last night and wondering what PA's are best for monsters like Jusnagun, Gaozoran and Dilnazen. Thanks.

--edit--

Sorry forgot to add my 2nd alt is an Fighgunner (5). Does Double Blade or any of their weapons help. Bullets kinda help but I managed to lvl them to 11 so they do about 150'ish though I have terrible ATA. Sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noblewine on 2008-03-29 16:42 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Mar 29, 2008, 06:34 PM
Anga Jabroga

mll
Mar 29, 2008, 07:01 PM
For your figunner:
Jusnagun: Mechgun.
Dilnazen: Assault Crush / Spinning Strike, maybe tornado dance. Any single target melee pa basically.
Gaozoran: I use a ground element crossbow to silence them, or light element twins for their range.

I don't really have any experience playing fortefighter so I'll leave that to someone else, but Gaozoran and Jusnagun are melee resistant so your fighgunner would probably be better for the hive.

Noblewine
Mar 29, 2008, 07:33 PM
K thanks. =D

I was running B last night and I was having alot of trouble against the Goazoran so I wasted my nanoblast every chance I got.

Which level can a SE success rate/duration last on a gaozoran or any other gaint monster in the game. Should I get another (1 or 2 more) Machine gun bullet PA's. I have frozen fury is at lv. 11. Also what weapon does Spinning Strike go with? I couldn't find it on PSUpedia.

mll
Mar 29, 2008, 07:49 PM
Spinning Strike is a single saber PA.
I find the light element mechgun bullet to be really useful, Crossbow BA's have really low accuracy mods and a lot of enemies in hive missions have really good evasion, mechguns BA at higher levels have really good accuracy so i tend to use them a lot more in hive missions.
I haven't felt the need to use any other mechgun bullets, I'd concentrate on ice and light, they're the two most useful ones in my experience.
I'm not to sure on how long silence lasts but its not very long, all mage type enemies have quite low stamina (SE resistance) though so it sticks often enough to pretty much shut them down even at lvl. 11 (though having it a 21+ helps a lot).

Noblewine
Mar 29, 2008, 08:26 PM
Ok thanks, lastly, what does BA mean.

Also I forgot to mention I have Twin Handguns. I have the Dark Shot (sorry forgot the name). It's also at lv. 11.

Talise
Mar 29, 2008, 08:33 PM
It's pretty much pointless to land any SE on gaozoran except for burn or freeze... I'd say go for damage and use light machine gun(for fighgunner)

Sekani
Mar 29, 2008, 09:19 PM
Confuse is nice on Gaozorans. The added bonus is that techs cast by confused enemies don't do any damage to you, and the SE in my experience is a lot more reliable than silence. To top it all off, confuse-inflicting light bullets will do bonus damage against them.

Shonagar
Mar 29, 2008, 09:23 PM
On 2008-03-29 18:26, Noblewine wrote:
Ok thanks, lastly, what does BA mean.

Also I forgot to mention I have Twin Handguns. I have the Dark Shot (sorry forgot the name). It's also at lv. 11.

Bullet Art bro.

Hrith
Mar 29, 2008, 10:43 PM
On 2008-03-29 17:01, mll wrote:
I don't really have any experience playing fortefighter so I'll leave that to someone else, but Gaozoran and Jusnagun are melee resistant so your fighgunner would probably be better for the hive.Fortefighter will kill all the other monsters faster, though, and above all, Fortefighter will kill Dulk Fakis much faster, so Fighgunner is not the better option.

As for killing big monsters, it depends of how many weak spots they have.

1 weak spot (Dilnazen, Bil De Vear, etc.) = Hikai Shuha-zan, Bogga Robado, Gravity Break, Assault Crush, Cross Hurricane, Hishou Jinren-zan.

2 weak spots (Ubakrada, Gainozeros, etc.) = Spiral Dance, Tornado Dance, Bogga Zubba, Dus Majarra, Anga Dugrega, Hikai Shuha-zan.

3 weak spots (Kog Nadd, Svaltus, etc.) = Absolute Dance, Bukuu Rensen-ga, Gravity Strike, Senten Kanzan-ga, Renkai Buyou-zan.

4 weak spots (Drua Gohra) = Anga Jabroga, Absolute Dance, Vivi Danga.

If you cannot consistently hit 3~4 targets, use a skill that deals higher damage to 2 targets.

For melee-resistant monsters, all classes bar Fortefighter have a decent gun to use on them.

CelestialBlade
Mar 29, 2008, 11:21 PM
Jusnagun - Spinning Strike, Anga Redda, Anga Dugrega, or Dus Majarra. Dugrega will be the slowest of those but the utility power is unmatched--the Jusnagun will not be able to move at all.

Gaozoran - Big pains in the asses that are resistant to everything, so go in with a fast weapon because you often encounter groups of these, and you need to dodge all those Foie blasts. Do not choose a weapon that will leave you stationary and vulnerable for a long time. Quick PAs that hit many times and PAs that cause Knockdown are perfect, there's a lot of options here.

Dilnazen - See Jusnagun.

Hrith
Mar 30, 2008, 12:20 PM
Gaozorans do not resist bullets.

DreXxiN
Mar 30, 2008, 10:54 PM
I find Assault Crush especially useful against Gaozorans. If you have high % Decent Light Claws, Renzan is a good option as well.

dc534
Mar 31, 2008, 02:30 AM
I like the good old fashioned rising strike, as far as those melee resistant enemies such as junsung and gaozorans with shields I still prefer bullets, my shottie tears them apart but if you watch that video on youtube of that guy soloing true dark you will see that gaozorans are no problem if you get cross huricane lvled up.

dc534
Mar 31, 2008, 02:38 AM
Um and it is not pointless to virus gaozorans, I dont know who told you this but as PT I use virus traps on them and then freeze, the virus takes off about 1050 per tick, that coupled with freeze trap and then I move them into position to freeze and virus them again, on that group of three on true darkness I can get all three with virus and freeze and after 2 virus, full length of both, and about 5 freeze traps they are dead. That is like 2 minutes to kill those guys that way. Ever since I got my shottie lvled however I found that the shottie works much better, plus it confuses them making their magic miss me. Either way if you are going to run hive I suggest investing time and lvling bullet arts, there are just to many varieties of creatures not to. I mean on that map you have melee, bullet and magic resistant monsters so I would suggest lvling that machine gun, bring many of them with you because you will run out quick.

Talise
Mar 31, 2008, 05:14 AM
I think you forgot that we're talkin about bullets here, if you wanna burn or virus your gaozoran, by all means, do. What I said is still true, pointless to try to land that SE on gaozoran. Also, you must have noticed that I said use machine gun for fighgunner, so obviously they're not gonna use shotgun...right?

panzer_unit
Mar 31, 2008, 08:22 AM
On 2008-03-29 20:43, Hrith wrote:
2 weak spots (Ubakrada, Gainozeros, etc.) = Spiral Dance, Tornado Dance, Bogga Zubba, Dus Majarra, Anga Dugrega, Hikai Shuha-zan.

Ubakrada and Polahorva are knocked down only by juggle hits, while Kamatoze and Gainzeros are knocked down only by blow away... which limits the PA choices a little.

If I've got to use melee against multiple Gaozorans I like PA's with a lot of forward movement, you get hit by fewer foies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-03-31 06:25 ]</font>

Hrith
Mar 31, 2008, 01:53 PM
Bogga Zubba and Tornado Dance work in both cases, though, all 8 hits land before the monster is knocked away.

Dus Majarra, Cross Hurricane and Hikai Shuha-zan do not have juggle or knockback until the last part, which is not compulsory, anyway.

The whole point of Anga Dugrega is to knock back monsters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

No large monster gets knocked back far enough to be out of the range of Spiral Dance.

But on the whole, yeah, different monsters call for different PAs, but those should work well in all cases.