PDA

View Full Version : Boards don't work if I'm logged in

mvffin
Mar 29, 2008, 11:46 PM
Ok, the past couple weeks i'd been having MAJOR trouble trying to access the boards here. I can go to the main page, and click on any thread links there, but I can't go to the boards to see what threads are there. If i click on 'message boards' link, nothing. Today I just tried on a different computer for the 3rd time, and of course, it let me in instantly. After I posted something, it logged me in, and suddenly I couldn't view the boards anymore. I logged out, and now i can look at the boards again WTF? I have been on this site for months and never had that problem until recently.

Ryna
Mar 30, 2008, 08:29 AM
You'll experience this type of behavior if you alternate between using http://pso-world.com and http://www.pso-world.com. Links on the front-page usually use the latter format. If it seems like you are logged out, try adding/removing the "www" from the URL.

mvffin
Mar 31, 2008, 01:54 AM
tried it, it still doesn't load the boards if i'm logged in, either one I go to.

Ryna
Mar 31, 2008, 09:35 PM
Could you give a more elaborate description of your browsing setup and the exact problems you are encountering? That information will make this issue easier to troubleshoot.

mvffin
Apr 1, 2008, 02:11 AM
I've tried it on at least 4 different computers, my wii, and my PSP. Firefox and IE. They all do the exact same thing, so I doubt its my browser setup. Also, I've used the internet at my mom's and my brother's house, so I dont think its a problem with the router/modem.

If i am logged in, and I click on the link "message boards" from the main page, nothing happens. blank white page and my browser stops trying to load the page. If i am not logged in, I have no problems accessing the boards. if I click on a link to a thread from the main page, I can go to that thread.

I tried removing/adding the WWW from the address like you suggested, but the same thing happens.

Its been happening for about a month or so, before that I could always access the board with no problems.

Ryna
Apr 1, 2008, 07:04 AM
The important thing, is the problem intermittent or does it ALWAYS happen?

mvffin
Apr 2, 2008, 12:48 AM
it happens EVERY TIME since it started happening, and it has never happened before that point.

Ryna
Apr 2, 2008, 08:23 AM
I've having a hard time trying to track down the potential cause here. No alterations have been made to the forum software since January and I can't replicate the problems you've been experiencing. What browser are you using? What happens if you try another one?

mvffin
Apr 2, 2008, 02:19 PM
On 2008-04-01 00:11, mvffin wrote:
I've tried it on at least 4 different computers, my wii, and my PSP. Firefox and IE. They all do the exact same thing, so I doubt its my browser setup. Also, I've used the internet at my mom's and my brother's house, so I dont think its a problem with the router/modem.

Ryna
Apr 2, 2008, 04:02 PM
On 2008-04-02 12:19, mvffin wrote:

On 2008-04-01 00:11, mvffin wrote:

I was asking if you tried using separate browsers on the same computer.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 2, 2008, 05:37 PM
How were they posting now?

Anyway, there might be something with your profile page, maybe the side bar setup? Try messing with that a bit, and see if anything changes.

mvffin
Apr 2, 2008, 05:48 PM
yes I have tried IE and Firefox on the same computer, both will either show a blank white page or an error message.

Ryna
Apr 3, 2008, 08:12 AM
I'll take a closer look at your account situation over the weekend and try to see what is happening. I don't see any apparent problems with your account information or the forum code.

Ryna
Apr 5, 2008, 05:38 PM
I spent several hours today using several browsers try to reproduce the problem you encountered. Nothing I tried gave me any problems. The only suggestion I can give you is to try reseting your password, flushing your cookies, and logging in again.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 5, 2008, 11:25 PM
On 2008-04-02 15:37, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
How were they posting now?

Anyway, there might be something with your profile page, maybe the side bar setup? Try messing with that a bit, and see if anything changes.

You can post when not logged in by entering your username and password above the "quick reply" box.

mvffin
Apr 6, 2008, 12:42 AM
Excellent, it worked right this time. I guess changing my PW did it, because I've cleared out my cookies numerous times. Now I know how to fix that if it happens again. Much Appreciated!

SplendidNinja
May 8, 2008, 05:55 PM
omg that happened to me too! im actually on my new account. i gotta try this out.