PDA

View Full Version : Video Game cut-offs

MetaZedlen
Mar 30, 2008, 08:15 PM
Ok, so I'm browsing through YouTube watching some Mother 3 videos, and I think to myself, "why didn't this game ever come out in the US?" This game looks like it would be so much fun to play, but I have seen 2 MAJOR flaws:
1. If it were to come out, then the vids I have seen have mostly spoiled the entire series
2. There are so many things that I have heard about in this particular game that have been taken out due to either more series complications or because they are just plain too scary for us to handle...

Speaking of which, since I am on this subject, what about our beloved Stop n' Swop from the Banjo-Kazooie series? I would love to know what that was intended for...

All-in-all, I have to say that the creators of these game series are just a bunch of assholes that are probably laughing at our expense.

One more thing, anything else that follows this topic would be nice, let me hear what my fellow PSOWorlders have to say about things cut-out of games they loved.

Randomness
Mar 30, 2008, 10:06 PM
Stop n' Swop involved switching cartridges with the power on... Nintendo discouraged the idea.

Weeaboolits
Apr 1, 2008, 05:38 AM
In most cases it's quite simply, they don't think it will sell.
Just because a game is well received doesn't mean the sales figures were impressive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-04-01 03:39 ]</font>

Zarode
Apr 1, 2008, 07:36 AM
The Earthbound series has a huge cult following in the States/Europe, it's just like Ronin said though. They don't think it will sell well enough here. I think they are thinking back at Earthbound's release. A huge marketing ploy, ads and the whole nine yards, but flopped. I guess that made them think "Never again."

Which is too bad. I, myself, think that the US is ready for such a game like that. Just look at all the other WAY-OUT THERE games that make it here and sell okay to pretty darn well.

Weeaboolits
Apr 1, 2008, 12:32 PM
Yeah, Earthbound was a great game, but I never even heard of it until Ness was included in Super Smash Brothers, so I doubt it was that large a financial success. With any luck Lucas's inclusion could have the same effect on the series as Roy and Marth's appearances in Melee did on the Fire Emblem series.

Sharkyland
Apr 3, 2008, 07:35 PM
They are probably on the 11th Fire Emblem Game I think... but dang those were hard games. The games that came to the US were easier. I think the difficulty can be compared to Banpresto's Super Robot Taisen series.

Zorafim
Apr 3, 2008, 10:58 PM
10th, to my knowledge. Unless they came out with a fire emblem after Radiant Dawn that I don't know about.

And yeah, the FEs after 7 have become incredibly easy now. I suppose it makes sense to have an easy mode for new players, but I don't like this trend of games going from hard to easy. I mean, compare LoZ to TP. For those who have played every zelda game since the first, what are they supposed to think while playing TP?

Wow I'm off topic. What were we talking about again?

Weeaboolits
Apr 4, 2008, 01:17 AM
Sacred Stones was mainly easy because you could level in the tower and such whenever you wanted, also Myrh was hax.