PDA

View Full Version : The best weapon special

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 19, 2003, 07:10 PM
What do you think is the best uncommon weapon special(not Gush Hell's etc.)?

tiger80272
Jan 19, 2003, 08:22 PM
i tend to like the kaladbolg's freezing special http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Xzen
Jan 19, 2003, 08:31 PM
Well i prefer paralize myself...dont want them coming close when i am fighing.

Davion
Jan 19, 2003, 08:34 PM
I love spirit. Back on DC, my DB's saber 50% mech killed everything in the mines, and my current Spirit Gladius 45% mech is great in Vhard mines. I'm giving it to my lower level characters so they have a great saber until they can use higher level weps.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 19, 2003, 08:58 PM
VJAYA - Strongest weapon in the game.

chopsticks44
Jan 20, 2003, 03:21 AM
snow queen, angel harp or guld milla(if your an android). the reason why i like snow queen is i always end up freezing them and it also gives you time to kill em. I also just usually take the guld and suck up there hp if they are frozen or confused. The angel harp is just if you get tired of killing all the nme just confuse them so they can just kill each other.

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 20, 2003, 09:24 AM
Wave attacks are cool

KendraKirai
Jan 20, 2003, 10:13 AM
the great big explosion of things like the panzer faust. Like having your own little Rafoie on hand to use whenever you wish. Whee!

harmfulcow
Jan 20, 2003, 11:13 AM
your all wrong, heavens punisher has the best special attack. It cant miss and an uber beam comes down from heaven and hits all enemies? how can you go wrong?

eRUPT
Jan 20, 2003, 11:14 AM
Have you used it in ultimate mode? its damage is not good enough to be effective there.

Khali-rei
Jan 20, 2003, 11:20 AM
Dark Flow's Special.

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 20, 2003, 01:19 PM
On 2003-01-20 08:20, Khali-rei wrote:
Dark Flow's Special.

Tsumikiri's special is supposed to be good.

Khali-rei
Jan 20, 2003, 03:11 PM
didn't know the j-sword had a special, that's gotta be something to see. Wish I could.

Elusive_Llama
Jan 20, 2003, 05:56 PM
Tsumikiri's special is second only to the Freeze of Frozen Shooter (which, BTW, are better than Snow Queens in my opinion) and the Paralyze of Spread Needles. It uses your PB meter to do an explosion of energy. Every swing you do with the special, it takes away 20 PB points and creates that energy explosion (kind of like a rafoie). Once the special is started, your PB meter starts draining so you'd better bust out those specials while you can.

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 20, 2003, 06:08 PM
I wish I knew where to find J-sword

-KNUCKLES-
Jan 20, 2003, 06:24 PM
The best weapon 4 male hunters is the s-reds blades. Its special casts shifta and deband and it also does 6-hits u cant go wrong. plus it might be the best looking hunter wepon out their.

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 20, 2003, 06:30 PM
When you get the Shifta/Deband does it come off when you switch weapons,and is it cast randomly?

dj_dan
Jan 20, 2003, 10:54 PM
For style and looks,
Tsumikiri J-Sword and Berdysh are the best... and dish out some good damage too.

For functionality/usefulness,
S-Red's Blades and Frozen Shooter.

For overall damage....

CHARGE (meseta drain) on a pair or good hit% Mechguns.

I'd say Vjaya, but it's just too expensive.

Vjaya = 10,000meseta a swing
Charge = 200meseta a hit

Although, it's pretty scary to see a HUcast running around swinging away with money to burn.... 2000, 3000 damage....

chopsticks44
Jan 21, 2003, 02:01 AM
dark meteor's special. It will shoot through walls.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 21, 2003, 09:05 AM
I think S-RED is one of the most (probably only 2nd to the DARK FLOW) overrated weapons in the game. I mean, it's level 3 S/D, which is pretty damn laughable if you can cast level 15/20/30 S/D.

Elusive_Llama
Jan 21, 2003, 12:01 PM
Even if you can't cast shifta/deband, level 3 S/D is laughable anyway. It wears off pretty much as soon as you cast it.

Best specials are those which paralyze/freeze AND do it consistently. Frozen Shooter is probably the only gun you'll ever need, and very likely the most useful of all ranger weapons.

MajinSSJVegetto
Jan 21, 2003, 12:25 PM
Frozen shooter has the most useful special in the game.
Take that thing to Ultimate Seabed and all those hard enemies become nothin.

S-Reds are horrible. That s/d is so pathetic.

Tsumikiri J's special is awsome. It does a giant blue explosion that hit everything your hard hit, but every hit is a critical hit (or this is how it appears to work by me).

I haven't seen dark flows special but people say its useful, but at to much of a cost.

Psycho Wands 1/2 tp usage, but full tp cost taken from HP is amazingly useful, but I don't know if that counts as a special. It is almighty though, unless you decide to grants the dragon into falling on your now almost dead force. 3 Heat Swords in a row left me under 3 dead dragons.

Elusive_Llama
Jan 21, 2003, 01:48 PM
And it helps that Frozen Shooter has a combo AND rifle range. Sometimes I can even freeze 2 enemies at once. Either the freeze bomb has a random chance of exploding in a small radius, or frozen enemies can freeze their buddies on contact (much like the Sil Dragon freezes you by stomping/falling on you). Whatever the reason, Frozen Shooters are extremely useful.

ps.
Can somebody tell me why you'd want to change a Frozen Shooter into a Snow Queen? You may get more ATP but you lose the combo ability, and hence you are now handicapped when it comes to freezing multiple targets. Is there a good reason why?

dj_dan
Jan 21, 2003, 03:13 PM
The reason there are a lot of people using Snow Queen is because it was duped more, so that got passed around more than the Frozen S@#$%!#.

Apparently the Snow Queen *must* be better because it's an upgrade of the Shooter right?? right? </sarcasm>

Anyway, for the S/D of S-Red's... I tried them out in the import version, and if I remember correctly, it raised my HUcast's ATP by 100. That is the equivalent of 2 God Powers. I would hardly say that is useless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dj_dan on 2003-01-21 12:17 ]</font>

Gazebo
Jan 21, 2003, 03:25 PM
Yeh, it suprised me that Snow Queen had no combo. I thought was just gonna be a better version of Frozen Shooter. Guess I was wrong. I traded a friggin' Gi Gue Bazooka for it too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

MajinSSJVegetto
Jan 21, 2003, 04:38 PM
Sreds might be ok if you play offline, but its still barely anything. My HUcast has 2050 atp. 100 more isn't really much. And if I am online, I will almost always have either 2450, 2650, or 3150 atp depending on who I am with and what shifta they are using(L20, L30, or 4 man twins combo).

The twins PB does much more than this even with no syncro, and is much easier to get. It also won't force you to switch weapons every 30 seconds.

And 2 god powers add 100, PLUS more once someone casts shifta on you.

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 21, 2003, 07:05 PM
On 2003-01-20 23:01, chopsticks44 wrote:
dark meteor's special. It will shoot through walls.

What does the special (Piercing Laser) do?

Sapphire87
Jan 21, 2003, 09:56 PM
Guld Milla's special is great against enemies like Pan Arms, Dark Gunners, and Falz's 3rd form.

shiznitty
Jan 21, 2003, 10:11 PM
where can you find sealed-j sword, and how do you unseal it into the tsmikiri-j-sword? please say thats it is in yellowboze or bluefull *lying on floor, fetal position* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ratly
Jan 22, 2003, 03:11 AM
Just wondering, what is the Dark Flow's special? I finally got one and I'm messing with it but can't figure out what the special is supposed to do.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 22, 2003, 11:35 AM
SNOW QUEEN is in ways better than the FROZEN SHOOTER in that it hits like a PHOTON LAUNCHER (goes through and hits multiple enemeis). If you have high ATA (RAmar/RAmarl) you may want to consider upgrading the weapon.

Only SKYLY can get the SEALED J-SWORD. Word is you have to kill 2300 monsters with it...

Anyone that says the DARK FLOW special is useful has no idea (big suprise, no?) what they're talking about. Bottom line is that a special is only useful if it hits a lot and comes at a low price.

ADemiGod
Jan 22, 2003, 11:40 AM
your all wrong, heavens punisher has the best special attack. It cant miss and an uber beam comes down from heaven and hits all enemies? how can you go wrong?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your right heavens punisher gots the best special in the game let the heaven's open up and strike down my foes

TeamPhalanx
Jan 22, 2003, 11:52 AM
Can't miss? Last I checked either a beam hits the enemies or it fizzles out before it hits them.

Uber-beam? How can it be uber when it does laughable damage in Ultimate mode?

How can you go wrong? How about a special that only works at certain times, making it less than reliable.

GandorDurin
Jan 22, 2003, 12:22 PM
I like the Chain Sawd's special, even though I know it stinks. It's always fun to heal without using resta, though!

Snow Queen is awesome...

I like the S-Red blade's shifta/deband for offline with my HUmar, even though it's a pain to have to do it every minute.

But after reading about someone getting 250,000 exp or whatever it was from a pan arms by doing 0 damage and stealing exp from it with a God Hand...Well that sounds pretty good to me! ...Seems kinda like cheating though.

So I'll have to vote for Snow Queen, at least in online multiplayer.

Elusive_Llama
Jan 22, 2003, 01:16 PM
The snow queen may shoot through multiple enemies like a photon launcher, but I'm pretty sure you can't freeze multiple targets with one shot. A friend let me borrow his for a little while and I tested it out on Hard Heat Sword. I lined the boomas up and fired the special, but it only froze the first target. I could be wrong though.

As for Dark Flow special, you do more damage as your HP drops (somewhere below half). Honestly I really don't like having my HP below half on any difficulty, much less Ultimate.

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 23, 2003, 03:35 PM
IF you have Cure/Frozen,Frozen Shooter can really ROCK

BlizzardAndroid
Jan 23, 2003, 04:20 PM
On 2003-01-20 15:08, PRINCE-MALIK wrote:
I wish I knew where to find J-sword

Whatever it is u need i might help a bit in small stuff... LOL
I have sorts of info on ITEMS and combonations for you all... You might find it quite interesting! =)
Although u might know if these things already....
Just a sec im pasting in next Post LOL!

FH_PhoenixFlame
Jan 23, 2003, 05:45 PM
Snow queen can freeze multiple people. I have had a Frozen SHooter and a Snow Queen. I love em both, but I like snow queen because with a devil/god/battle its really pretty fast and shoots THROUGH things, this works wonders on Dae Rae Lie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif! And if I had a Frozen, I wouldn't use it as my main weapon, I would use my yas 9000!

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 23, 2003, 07:06 PM
What makes Frozen Shooter so good without cure/frozen?

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 30, 2003, 05:07 PM
And are wave attacks good?

Sephiroth4902
Jan 31, 2003, 10:49 PM
I think they are

PRINCE-MALIK
Feb 1, 2003, 09:05 AM
They look cool, but I have not seen any solid damage being done