PDA

View Full Version : Horror movies.

Blue-Hawk
Apr 1, 2008, 04:42 PM
You know we all love them. I was wondering what your favorite ones were.

Since it was FINALLY released today on DVD for the first time in America- Prom Night 2. I've been waiting GOD knows how long for a US release.

Dead Alive was good, too. But ONLY if you watch the unrated directors cut.

Any Romero film.

Also, Fulci mad a few good ones, too.

I'll try and post more later when I get home from work. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

So, share yours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2008-04-01 14:45 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 1, 2008, 04:45 PM
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight

Very good. I'll probably think of others later.

(add an r to the horro in the title)
Whoops too slow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2008-04-01 14:46 ]</font>

Retehi
Apr 1, 2008, 04:52 PM
Any of the classic icons, like Freddy, Jason, Pumpkinhead, Chucky, Candyman, puppets from Puppet Master, etc. I just like no frills slash and hack, who needs story?

Oh, I'm also a sucker for those H.P Lovecraft inspired movies, like Re-Animator, From Beyond, Necronomicon, and such.

ABDUR101
Apr 1, 2008, 05:18 PM
Pumpkinhead(the first two anyway), Gremlins(I wish alot for a third that could go back to the dark humor of the first one), Feast(awesome movie, and a sequel is being produced), The Myst(the one released last year in theatres, just recent to DVD), Braindead(gore-fest zombie movie with british humor, win!). Tales from the Crypt:Demon Knight was awesome aswell.

The Thing, The Omen series, the first Tremors(the second was ok, the rest were...meh), It, (and a fuck-ton more that I can't remember the names of; alot being cult-classics like Critters.)

Really, any horror flick that uses puppetry and anamatronics over excessive CGI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2008-04-01 17:18 ]</font>

Katrina
Apr 1, 2008, 06:31 PM
The Exorcist is an old horror movie, but is by far the one that freaked me out the most.

Monochrome
Apr 1, 2008, 11:57 PM
It's more of a comedy but.... Army of Darkness. "Shop smart, shop S-Mart"

The Ring creeped me out (still does)

Suicide Club - for its pop-culture bizarreness "look, Dessert is on TV!"

kurisu1974
Apr 2, 2008, 01:16 AM
Those Japanese horror movies scare the **** out of me. Movies like The Grudge, The Ring and Dark Water *shivers

And from the old days I like those zombie movies from Romero and the first three Hellraiser movies.

Weeaboolits
Apr 2, 2008, 01:20 AM
I generally dislike horror movies, since I'm jumpy and dislike being startled, which is what they like to do.

I did enjoy 1408, though.

Rashiid
Apr 2, 2008, 08:45 AM
Yeah I'm a bitch when it comes to horror movies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Allos
Apr 2, 2008, 10:27 AM
My personal favorites:

-The Thing
-The Evil Dead
-Evil Dead 2
-The Descent
-Hellraiser
-Suspiria
-Dawn of the Dead '78
-A Nightmare on Elm Street
-The Exorcist
-Silent Hill

I would include Cannibal Holocaust but I feel like the scum of the earth for enjoying the movie (animal murders aside). I'd also include Fulci films but they're all so incoherent that I just watch them for laughs related to the plot/gore.

Eihwaz
Apr 2, 2008, 10:39 AM
On 2008-04-02 08:27, Allos wrote:
I'd also include Fulci films but they're all so incoherent that I just watch them for laughs related to the plot/gore.

Is Zombi 2, for instance, still worth seeing? I like zombie films, but I'm not a big fan of incoherence...I still need to go see some Dario Argento flicks, especially Suspiria. Sigh.

Anyway, my favorites:
28 Days Later
The Blair Witch Project
Dawn of the Dead (both, but especially the original)
Day of the Dead
Eraserhead
The Evil Dead
Grindhouse

enoch
Apr 2, 2008, 10:51 AM
does interview with a vampire count?

Orange_Coconut
Apr 2, 2008, 02:45 PM
I really liked Burnt Offerings.

Stezan
Apr 2, 2008, 07:07 PM
On 2008-04-02 08:27, Allos wrote:
I would include Cannibal Holocaust but I feel like the scum of the earth for enjoying the movie (animal murders aside).

Your post convinced me enough to read up on, and watch Cannibal Holocaust. A genuinely sickening movie, I enjoyed it overall.
The turtle scene was hard to watch.

Retehi
Apr 2, 2008, 07:10 PM
Cannibal Holocaust is a fine rite of passage for any person. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Think it traumatized my younger sister though. . oh well. <_<

Allos
Apr 2, 2008, 07:50 PM
On 2008-04-02 08:39, Eihwaz wrote:

Is Zombi 2, for instance, still worth seeing? I like zombie films, but I'm not a big fan of incoherence..

Zombi 2 is probably my least favorite Fulci film, mostly because it takes a while for it to get to anything entertaining. It does have a scene in which a zombie fights a shark though...if that's worth anything.

Blue-Hawk
Apr 2, 2008, 08:37 PM
Zombi 2 is actually the original Zombi. I have the 25th anniversary DVD. GREAT horror film. There's a scene thatmakes the Superman Returns bullet to the eye scene look like nothing happened.

Thought of another series that I loved- Sleepaway Camp.

And anyone that thinks the Ring series, as well as the grudge and any other japanese horror film is the scariest thing they ever saw, then you should NOT watch a horror movie. I saw all those movies. The originals, no less. They were about as scary as a Police Academy movie.

Freeze
Apr 2, 2008, 10:55 PM
The Evil Dead series
Gremlins
First two Aliens
US version of The Ring, wasn't terrifying but it did leave me with a strong unsettled feeling. The Japanese version just wasn't scary at all.
I liked the original version of Shutter, haven't seen the US one yet.
The Japanese version of One Missed Phone Call was good except for the end. It was confusing.
Silence of the Lambs
Event Horizon the first time I saw it.

Blue-Hawk
Apr 3, 2008, 01:10 AM
Think the Ring and the Grudge scared you? Watch a little known movie called Ghost Story. THAT movie creeped the hell out of me at the end.

Allos
Apr 3, 2008, 10:21 AM
On 2008-04-02 18:37, Blue-Hawk wrote:

Thought of another series that I loved- Sleepaway Camp.

I've never seen the sequels, but the original Sleepaway Camp is in my collection simply due to the ending. I saw it for the first time at the tender age of nine and didn't find anything particularly disturbing until the very end. Then I hid in my room for days.

Kylie
Apr 3, 2008, 11:18 AM
Halloween 1, 2, 4, and 5

Now my mind's gone blank for some reason.

ABDUR101
Apr 3, 2008, 01:15 PM
Basket Case series, aswell as The Munchies, The Blob(original and remake). Oh and Night of the Creeps. =]